Trunk

Noni juice

I've recently started taking Tahitian Noni juice. Its a supplement that's a fruit-juice. I take an ounce once or twice a day, on an empty stomach. Days off sometimes.

(I started with 3-4 ounces a day, and got a lot out of that. But found that - for me - that pace was too much to be sustainable. But that first week or so - wow! Worth trying the higher dosage, for a short while at least.)

I'm in the thrill of discovering something new (so I'm a little doubtful of my own perspective right now), but...

This is easily one of the best supplements I've ever tried. If the results keep holding up, it'll be by far the best. Some very deep, long-standing pain cleared up in the first few days. If I had to give it TCM characteristics, I'd say that it nourishes yin & yang, circulates, and opens the channels (in short, it seems to be doing everything). Its really getting to some old, old blockages - channels, tissue areas that I've been trying to get to for decades.

I'm getting evangelical, and this all sounds too silly to be true. Time for me to shut up. :)

Website references:

www.incc.org

This is a Noni juice informational site, that is not affiliated with selling any brand or form of it. They have a very impressive testimonials section.

www.nonijuice.us/index.htm

This is the brand that I've been taking.

cheers,

Trunk

At your recommendation I just bought some organic Tahaitian Noni $32. Wow is it bitter. Angustura has nothing on it.

Ofcourse in a sugar coated world maybe bitter is exactly what we need. Took an ounce or so tonite. Tomorrow I'll probably water it down somewhat. I bought the 100% pure stull, not the mixed w/ grape juice.

Peace

Michael

I've drank worse :) but not by much :o

Peace

Michael

p.s. I see you're online at 12 pm

When I tried it a couple of years ago, the flavor was just like very foul stinky feet. YUCK.

So, I'll wait for the three-month report!

When I tried it a couple of years ago, the flavor was just like very foul stinky feet. YUCK.

See my reply to Michael re: taste.

So, I'll wait for the three-month report!

Good rule of thumb regardless. B)

HI all.

I am in the industry.

I strongly suggest you take the brand Trunk is taking.

You want Tahitian Noni which is made from the Juice, not reconstituted BS from India, or China.

I would only trust the original brand name. There is a lot of BS Indian Noni which isn't from the same place and is a powder. Just garbage in my opinion, and I trade nutritional supplement raw materials for a living.

Craig

I think we're both using the same Tahiatian Noni brand. At Whole Foods I had a choice of the 'mixed w/ juice' mostly grape, and the organic 100% Noni. I chose the 100%.

As my wife said, "If this stuff was old and stale could you tell?" No not the taste. Likewise if it was mixed w/ goose shit. But w/ a bit of water and juice its not half bad.

Peace

Michael

One of the wonder cures claimed for Noni is for frequent heartburn. Two years ago I graduated from frequent tums to Prilosec/Nexium which I've been taking daily.

I've stopped taking the Prilosec. This is the end of day two. Yesterday went pretty well, today is o.k. I took one tums, even now my stomach feels acidic. I'll down some Kefir yogurt and have two Licorice tablets.

Maybe my system needs time to find its equilibrium.

Peace

Michael

As a dealer, what do you think about the Pure Noni vs. the Premixed w/ Juice. When I take an Ounce and mix it w/ some water and juice don't I end up w/ more Nonites then someone taking the mix and isn't that better?

Trying the Noni experimentally, On day 3 I'm still pretty acidic. I'm trying to hit it on several levels w/ licorice pills, Keifir yogurt and smaller meals & Noni.

Peace

Michael

Trying the Noni experimentally, On day 3 I'm still pretty acidic.  I'm trying to hit it on several levels w/ licorice pills,  Keifir yogurt and smaller meals & Noni.

3709[/snapback]

I tried noni with no specific target in mind...

Per the testimonials, it cures everything :rolleyes: , which makes it suspect for curing anything specifically, imo. :) This is worse because I don't really know what its exact mechanism is..

Also, in TCM the same western disease can have differing etiologies (pattern of causes) in different people. By that, one person's cure for acid-reflux might make another person's acid-reflux worse. For us uneducated heathens (non-expert-doctors) the best defense is be sensitive to what's going on in our own bodies, plus some good luck.

Still,.. if you're gonna target & experiment for the acid reflux, you might consider varying dosage. From the testimonials, people take a wide range of dosages. Sensitivities to supplements vary quite a bit amongst people (and for conditions, i suspect). Could also be that low dosage over a longer period of time...

How's that for no help?

Trunk

there are a lot of these super fruit juices now coming on the market.

noni for one.

just recently i have come across two other, goji berri juice (a himalayan berri.... lovely effects on the body and with some super polysaccharides or something or other), and a mangosteen juice.

its really quite simple.

we are 'evolved' (im not quite sold on the theory of evolution, in it's entirety anyways... but i wont go there today) from primates that fed off fruit.

so its pretty obvious that fruit is going to be of great benefit to us. in fact we can live on nothing but fruit, there is everything we could possibly need contained in fruit.... as long as we eat a wide and varied diet of this stuff. of course you need to consume more bulk if you eat fruit, and unless you are living in the tropics... or have your own orchard... it could get costly (or could it? seeing as you would eliminate all other junk which probably costs a lot more anyways).

our hands are perfect for plucking and peeling fruits. our canines are actually much more suitable for piercing fruit than tearing flesh and our digestive systems have no trouble whatsoever in processing this stuff, actually doing so within half an hour or so rather than the 12 or more hours for veggies and grains, or the even more (like 24 or more?) hours needed to digest meat (which still isn't digested properly and ends up leaving slimy coating on the walls).

its no wonder that all of a sudden we have discovered the incredible benefits of fruit. of course some fruits are of more benefit than others, or perhaps just work in different ways. our common fruits we abuse.... too much reconstituted, watered down, sugered up, synthetically grown apple and orange juice.

much better to eat fruit whole.

re: noni...

i actually had the displeasure of tasting this fruit in it's entirety in thailand. its awful and i had to hold my nose to eat it. i got about two bites before i had to say "no more!". i will give it another go next time though.

mangosteens i love and will be eating loads of those when i go back to thailand, along with papaya, coconut, pinapple and all of the other lovely fruits available in this tropical paradise.

laters.

Using your hands for picking fruits or whatever you should ALWAYS wash them (fruits, the other stuff AND hands)... if you are unlucky you catch certai types of worms that could destroy your liver...

just a thought

Harry

its no wonder that all of a sudden we have discovered the incredible benefits of fruit. of course some fruits are of more benefit than others, or perhaps just work in different ways. our common fruits we abuse.... too much reconstituted, watered down, sugered up, synthetically grown apple and orange juice.

much better to eat fruit whole.

In additon to the reconstition, sugaring, etc there is another factor that makes whole fruit better than juice.

Most fruit juice has a fairly high glycemic index - that is, the sugar from the juice enters the blood stream quickly - which results in a quick spike in blood sugar level. The body deals with this quick spike by releasing additional insulin to metabolize it; this can result in driving down the blood sugar level lower than when you started resulting in that "bounce" that sometimes happens - particularly in those of us with a certain sensitivity.

When you eat whole fruit, the fiber in the fruit moderates the sugar uptake from a quick spike to a gentle ramp that is much more polite to the overall system - no bounce effect.

Charlie

I bought a bottle of Tahitian Noni after reading Kieth's(Trunks) dazzling review of the product. There are probably only a couple of people who's opinion and statement about something would cause me to just go get the product without thinking too much. Kieth and his impeccable character and amazing contribution to these boards over the years is definetly among them.

I'll give it a couple weeks before giving my opinion. Hopefully it lives up to the Best Supplement Ever Title..I think it just might.

Cam

goji berri juice (a himalayan berri....

if this is the same as the chinese gouqizi (Lycium barbarum, english: wolfberry), then it's been around a very long time, at least in china towns. i know the spelling looks different, but goji looks like a transliteration for the same thing (zi in this case meaning berry). excellent kidney tonic and lung tonic. you can snack on the dried berries which you can buy incredibly cheaply in any china town. as with everything in chinese medicine it goes by diferent names. dahong gouqizi is a very common variety. means literally "big red wolfberry." Since it was Linnaeus who named it, we can conclude it's been in western herbariums for over 225 years.

in china they make a delcious cold soup that's sweet and refreshing from this stuff with jujube and some kind of white fungus.

if this is the same as the chinese gouqizi (Lycium barbarum, english: wolfberry), then it's been around a very long time, at least in china towns.  i know the spelling looks different, but goji looks like a transliteration for the same thing (zi in this case meaning berry).  excellent kidney tonic and lung tonic.  you can snack on the dried berries which you can buy incredibly cheaply in any china town.  as with everything in chinese medicine it goes by diferent names.  dahong gouqizi is a very common variety.  means literally "big red wolfberry."  Since it was Linnaeus who named it, we can conclude it's been in western herbariums for over 225 years.

in china they make a delcious cold soup that's sweet and refreshing from this stuff with jujube and some kind of white fungus.

3799[/snapback]

yep its the same stuff.

they discovered 4 special polysaccharides in it that is supposed to help with virtually everything, like the noni, not to mention all the minerals and vitamins in it.

they are selling it as a multi-level marketing scheme here.... like the noni. i have had a few samples, and it has a great kick that i can feel within 5 minutes.... but i aint bought any. i have enough supplements on my plate at the moment cos i really got into experimenting with them.... i am slowly finishing off all the ones i bought and trying, over time, to reduce supplements almost completely and try and get my benefits from fresh fruits, veges and herbs.

unfortunately here in australia we hardly eat any native fruits or vegetables or herbs.... the majority of us invaders wouldn't even know what a native fruit would be! damn shame.... cos i bet there is plenty of goodness in australian native foods also.

re: sunshine.... yes good point about the washing. unless of course you are eating fruits that have an outer peel that you don't eat. majority of fruits in thailand are like this, and most of them have a special technique to skillfully popping the fruit straight out of the peel and into the mouth without ever touching the fruit on the inside.

unfortunately here in australia we hardly eat any native fruits or vegetables or herbs.... the majority of us invaders wouldn't even know what a native fruit would be! damn shame.... cos i bet there is plenty of goodness in australian native foods also.

if yer of european descent you might be better off eating that food. provided it's grown in australia. so what native fruits are there? meat is easy--snakes, lizards, and widgety grubs, or however ya spell it. and kangaroo.

I've thought that lychi berries (aka: Lycium, gojizi) make a good complement to the noni juice. The noni seems to be.. well, does a lot of things.. but I do feel that its cleansing effect does take some work - can be somewhat wearing, and that being careful to nourish with time off from noni, or nourishing foods etc, is a good thing. Lychii berries came to mind (and were suggested by a friend who 's a dr of tcm) as a good and tastey complement.

In fact, I'd love to have a juice of blended noni and lychi juice! The lychi berries are so sweet and tastey and nourishing; I bet it'd taste good and be very balanced, super healthy.

if yer of european descent you might be better off eating that food.  provided it's grown in australia.  so what native fruits are there?  meat is easy--snakes, lizards, and widgety grubs, or however ya spell it.  and kangaroo.

3802[/snapback]

yeah perhaps... but i kind of like/get the feeling that we really should be eating food native to the particular area we are in, rather than food native to our descent. eating native food would allow you to harmonise more with your natural environment and thus harmonise more with your spirit and nature itself. also eating by the season... etc etc.

as for fruits. thats the point!!! i don't really know! there are some native kind of apples, there are berries, ummmm, we have native bananas and mangos up north... but the majority of our fruit is imported species. its a shame.

cant wait till i move to thailand (only a few more months) when i can gorge myself on all those delicious tropical fruits! will give durian another go (gagged first time i ate it) and ill even give noni another try hahahaha.

Durian are great. I like them alot.  Darn thorny shell though!

3817[/snapback]

yeah, when i buy umn in china, i have to pay for the weight of the fikkin husk as well as the meat. but the dude extracts it for ya. go to the local carrefour (french version of walmart) the grocery department smells like a combination of bread and durian. stays in the fridge for a long time too.

Been taking this stuff for 2 weeks . I started on a low dose of only an oz a day in the morning. That's what it says to take on the label but I just recieved an email saying something different.

Here is what Dr.Mian-Ying Wang,MD, University of illinois College of Medicine suggests:

Month 1

Before breakfast 2 oz

Before dinner 2 oz

Month 2 through 6

Before breakfast 2 oz

Before dinner 1 oz

Maintenance

Month 7 and after

Before breakfast 1 oz

Before dinner 1 oz

I am going to follow the doctors advice and see how it goes. I took 4 oz today and am really feeling it. It's a whole lot different than 1 oz. I'll keep posting on my cultivation journal about my experience with it.