Discussion about sustainable agriculture and different methods of permaculture gardening! Sharing your own experiences and dreams is very much welcome.

I will keep updating this first post with good materials, i.e. videos and text, about the topic.

Edited by virtue
  • Like 5

We need our gardens in our front lawns, full of flowers, fruit and vegetables.  Not in the back.  They're what we should be proud of, not mono-culture lawns.  Every house should have a fruit tree or two as well as a compost pile.  You should be able to feed yourself healthily walking down the street lane. 

Never underestimate the power of a garden to make the world a better place. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, thelerner said:

We need our gardens in our front lawns, full of flowers, fruit and vegetables.  Not in the back.  They're what we should be proud of, not mono-culture lawns.  Every house should have a fruit tree or two as well as a compost pile.  You should be able to feed yourself healthily walking down the street lane. 

Never underestimate the power of a garden to make the world a better place. 

Except in some places I've lived in, doing that led to people pilfering and taking for more than just themselves, then selling it at the market....

• Sad 2