Scholar

Are there evil master?

6 hours ago, Daniel said:

It didn't come from anywhere,  I thought it was logical and still do.  It's based on QM quantum mechanics.  When particles becoming very hot, their properties and behavior changes into a domain that is inherently probabilistic.  It's Math.  Based on what I know about high energy particles, the odds are, the magma would nullify into you.  That's all.

You're welcome to disagree;   And, I defer to your knowledge and judgement on this, seriously.  I know nothing about making oneself into a human fusion reactor while simultaneously maintaining their sense of self.

Indeed, I said that earlier : extreme  temperature ( + or - ) can change physical properties and the 'laws' of  (mundane) physics - like gravity and magnetism.

But with our new friends here ,  who dont seem to know about such things , and mock, call troll, and claim secret clubs here are in opposition to them , and cant seem to post anything else of substance , it may not be worth the  effort .

However , our new friend Daniel seems like a breath of fresh air  :)    Welcome to the secret inner order  Ooops ! ... I mean  Daobums .

9 hours ago, SongShuhang said:

I will ignore you too, you add nothing valuable to the post, and this is clearly a troll jerking competition you are doing right now

Why are you so rude to everyone ?

A while back you where asked to make a post of substance instead of continued  complaining ( about people, their posts, their views the moderation  here .... etc  )  but you dont seem to be  able to

Good and Evil are dual in nature. Why are you still looking the world through muddled lens ?

Now, being less of a jerk - yes. Being what you call "spiritual powers" energy, mental power, etc, there are "evil masters". They just don't have a good development of some areas which inherently develop compassion, socialization and group wysdom. That usually hinders their practices and make it so they "rise fast but end mediocre".

10 hours ago, Desmonddf said:

That usually hinders their practices and make it so they "rise fast but end mediocre".

I think it's important not to underestimate what evil people can do.

An evil person can overcome their shortcomings by collecting evil disciples.  That is where their power comes from.  An evil person takes, not cultivates.  Taking disciples is perceived by the evil person as cultivation, but it's not.   

BTW, this model works well beyond the religious and spiritual world.  It also describes the political world.  Organized people in large groups can do a lot of harm... regardless of whether or not they have siddhis.

The taking is what sets up the karmic pit, and that is why these evil people cannot be called masters, imho.  It's because they are ultimately trapped in a pit of their own making.  The pit has a name; it's called "freedom".  Because of this, evil people cannot see the pit for what it is.  The label "freedom" obscures its true nature as a pit.  The disciples make it seem less like a pit and more like a secret society. 

That's how it works, when it works, from my point of view.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

This is a great question that seems kinda like it has an  contradictory answer from what I've studied. Now I haven't personally met any masters that I am aware of, but am a student of western esotericism, as well as a little bit of Daoism. The belief is that if you are not pure and good, aligning to your highest potential than spiritual forces will be cut off to you, so they can have no "Real adept power"

but then you hear about people doing Black Magic at high levels so I don't know. 

This was troubling to me as I read "the Magus of Java"  There is a section where he is recounting the story of his Sifu Liao  when he was young who was much more powerful than he.

Liao's master had given mercy to a bandit king by just maiming him and that guy couldn't let it go and trained furiously to get to the same level as him and then came back to kill him and they had an epic fight destroying a large chunk of a forest, And I think John Chang mentions it's just breathing so anyone can do it. So maybe in terms of Daoist alchemical power yes, but true God like reality bending power probably not. This is all just speculation though so forgive my ignorance.

There is definitely good and evil and repercussions for each accordingly. For Instance a Manly P. Hall lecture I listened to about The Secret Doctrine mentioned those who perform Black Magic will be born with physical or mental deformities in their next lives. Not to mention all the immediate  Karma that will come back to them in their current life for their evil acts. Supposedly this is just the way the universal law works.  To paraphrase a bible verse "Do not repay evil for evil, for Vengeance is mine says the lord." People will have to experience the pain and suffering they have afflicted onto others. I've heard other people make reference to how they know a black magic thing will work by if they are also feeling the result or getting sick.

On 7/7/2020 at 6:50 AM, old3bob said:

evil is willful diabolical ego and malice opposing Dharma...such ego can steal, hold and corrupt a great deal of energy to increase its dark self while harming or destroying innocents (who loose their protection) or fools (who think they know better)  in denial of such devouring hunger...that's a heads up folks!

Btw, I'd add that taking a transcendental, "beyond it all" attitude does nothing for the Dharma's and karma's in the three worlds (or multi-verse if you prefer) that require our work personally and collectively.   

The second part is very important! It's very easy  trap to fall into to hold a trascendental point of view without actually being at the level of consciousness where it applies. This realm is one of duality. I hear so many fringe spiritual people get very into non duality and such and its a lovely idea, but I think you have to be at an ridiculously high level of consciousness for it to actually apply, otherwise you are just deceiving yourself. Usually these statements are coming from fully self realized people where it can actually apply, because it is their reality to see beyond it all. But then again me talking about this without  actually experiencing it is kinda pointless, and flawed.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Klinsly said:

And I think John Chang mentions it's just breathing so anyone can do it

Any statement attributed to John Chang should be taken with heavy doses of skepticism.

It's kind of like plumbing... a plumber might make it look easy, and might tell you "anyone can do it"; but it's messy and foolish to tamper with the plumbing in your house without understanding how it's supposed to flow from beginning to the end. 

• Like 1

.... someone has been tampering with the plumbing of politics and management  , and perhaps medicine, and the environment  and  .....

17 hours ago, Nungali said:

.... someone has been tampering with the plumbing of politics and management  , and perhaps medicine, and the environment  and  .....

Well.   Whatever it is... This too shall pass ...

( plumbing pun intended )  :D

On 7/24/2020 at 11:46 AM, Daniel said:

Any statement attributed to John Chang should be taken with heavy doses of skepticism.

It's kind of like plumbing... a plumber might make it look easy, and might tell you "anyone can do it"; but it's messy and foolish to tamper with the plumbing in your house without understanding how it's supposed to flow from beginning to the end. 

I can see that as it's going through translators etc. But the point I was trying to make is that a certain morality or spiritual belief isn't necessary to cultivate Qi according to that story. So obviously finding a qualified teacher is important.  And that is very sound advice, don't attempt your own plumbing!

• Like 1

On 24/07/2020 at 11:11 AM, Daniel said:

I think it's important not to underestimate what evil people can do.

An evil person can overcome their shortcomings by collecting evil disciples.  That is where their power comes from.  An evil person takes, not cultivates.  Taking disciples is perceived by the evil person as cultivation, but it's not.   

BTW, this model works well beyond the religious and spiritual world.  It also describes the political world.  Organized people in large groups can do a lot of harm... regardless of whether or not they have siddhis.

The taking is what sets up the karmic pit, and that is why these evil people cannot be called masters, imho.  It's because they are ultimately trapped in a pit of their own making.  The pit has a name; it's called "freedom".  Because of this, evil people cannot see the pit for what it is.  The label "freedom" obscures its true nature as a pit.  The disciples make it seem less like a pit and more like a secret society. 

That's how it works, when it works, from my point of view.

The thing is that you cannot access some of the most profound mysteries without developing things in you these kind of practices hinder.

They can take common things from others, yes - Qi, Xue, somethimes even Shen.

But they cannot go beyond that and reach a deeper level, since a deeper level doesn't accomodate the idea of "taking" or "giving". If there is no "taking" and no "giving", how can you take something from someone?

These people always end up stagnated, not only because of karma, but because of the nature of what they do. The development of the mirror-image of onesself is the last step they can hope to reach, since destroying the ilusion and reaching the Greater Way is impossible without recognizing your own Essence - something that requires exactly the development of things like compassion and enlightenment.

I've known several people who claimed to be able to reach enlightenment "through the other route", going "down" instead of "up". Densifying their own carnal desires and ideas, dwelving into ever greater inconscience and animalism.

Usually they just lose themselves on the way, as this is not how you do it. One can only go beyond the mundane when one exists in the Abyss. And one cannot exist in the Abyss without first letting go of desires.