Synophion

What is the Average Age of a Tao Bum

What is Your Age  

298 members have voted

1. 1. 15 options each containing a 5 year period to choose from.

• 13 - 17
    • 18 - 22
    • 23 - 27
    • 28 - 32
    • 33 - 37
    • 38 - 42
    • 43 - 47
    • 48 - 52
    • 53 - 57
    • 58 - 62
    • 63 - 67
    • 68 - 72
    • 73 - 77
    • 78 - 82
    • 83 - 87

It is interesting to see how people tell their age / times by relating to what old machine or OS they used. Mountain can crumble and sea can be dried up , hardly do real Taoists worry about their age ; maybe they should talk about theirs by referring to the disappeared sea or landscape ?

It is interesting to see how people tell their age / times by relating to what old machine or OS they used. Mountain can crumble and sea can be dried up , hardly do real Taoists worry about their age ; maybe they should talk about theirs by referring to the disappeared sea or landscape ?

While I do generally agree that age is a peculiar thing to concern yourself with, many Taoists in pursuit of the ways and means of immortality would be very interested with age.. Especially if someone were to say they were pushing 150 or some other advanced age that might indicate proper cultivation methods if earthly immortality was the end you had in mind for yourself.

And as Bill Porter says in Road to Heaven, "You don't joke about age with a Taoist."

balance.

41 but I think my profile states that.

This is a really old thread. I am 44 now.

Edit: I first got online in 1991 and I think it was DARPA-net back then and I was in the army during the first gulf war.

Edited by Taiji Bum

time means nothing and i am counting no age.

how old would ya be, if ya didnt know how old you were?

there is a mountain in mexico where you can live in eternal springtime

all ya have to do is go up or down the mountain depending on the situation

is being young or old just a chronological number?

way last century they said there was methusla, keith richards, dirt and me

now i am considered younger somehow

go figure

Fun thread seeing the difference between the nerd-equipment and experiences trough the ages :P

I'm 27 now and was also a nerd when I grew up. I was at third grade when Windows 95 and the internet came to the wide public. Before that I used a DOS computer. My father was an engineer and always refused to buy me a nintendo saying "Computers are the future!" and he was right lol. I was of the computer game generation who did not use unix or do any such nerdiness, but devoted his whole life for playing games online. I mean we did use IRC as means of communicating within the game-scene and that was actually the difference between a nerd and a normal person back then. Dont know if IRC was used outside of northern Europe though. Anyways, I was definitely in the minority back then.

Now days its just crazy, everyone is online many hours a day and most of the guys play games online. I was in the first generation who got to grew up online IF you wanted to, the generation that came after me is the generation who grew up online without the possibility of other kind of life :P

But you know my childhood was still spent in a world of normal telephones and without internet, so I do remember how it was like. It has been nice to be born in the juncture point of the great change just as it must have been awesome to be in the generation who did it :P

The bump-force is strong in this one :D

Has the avarage age gone up while this thread was "asleap"?

26 btw

My age has increased since this thread was started. Even my average age has increased. Too little data for me to make any other statements.

I revised my vote as i am younger than i was five years ago.

Having trouble figuring out my average age :)

Edited by mYTHmAKER

I have shared very little, but find some many thoughtful people here.

I am mostly quite here but always reading.

Long time practitioner of Chi-Gong and Taoist forms of meditation.

Inspired from Mantak Chia back in the early 90's but have more recently gone to Michael Winn's retreats in North Carolina.

Also very much like Damo Mitchell's vibe and would love train with him someday.

44 times around the Sun as of Oct 2012