Taomeow

It is known

May be an image of text that says 'The FDA has now banned the public sale of N-acetylcysteine (NAC), and classifies it as a medication that requires prescription.'

This is an amino acid, known as "semi-essential" because, while we can't live without cysteine, the body can synthesize it from other amino acids (methionine and serine).  In its free form, and in an appropriate dose, it exhibits pharmacodynamic properties that enhance or modify its effects, allowing for use toward specific therapeutic goals.  Thousands of such substances are often efficient toward treating particular conditions -- the most common example would be using "unnaturally" high doses of free form vitamin C to cure scurvy, but there's many more situations where an illness can be treated with a higher-than-normal dose of a naturally occurring substance (like a vitamin, mineral, or an essential amino acid) not toward counteracting a deficiency but toward capitalizing on the substance's many specific pharmacodynamic properties.  Most of these substances are orders of magnitude safer than patented designer molecules we know and love as pharmaceutical drugs, because our bodies have well-established metabolic pathways to handle these normal constituents of our normal food.  A super high dose is usually utilized or excreted with either no side effects or with minimal transient ones that go away as soon as you stop taking the substance.  

In any event, free-form NAC as a supplement has well-studied effects on the body, importantly the lungs and liver.  It is an antidote to intoxication by many exogenic and endogenic toxins (notably acetaminophen, alcohol, some chemotherapy drugs, and radiation poisoning).  It is a stellar hepatoprotector (keeping the liver healthy or restoring its health after damage done to it) and protector of the surface of the pulmonary alveoli.  It provides tension for the surface of the alveoli and, accordingly, a fully functional organ for gas exchange -- and a fighting chance for the lungs affected by any pathology.  There's never been a documented case of death from an overdose.  

So, following in the footsteps of thousands of safe and efficient substances already removed from the plebeians arsenal of self-help (a barbaric practice of the unwashed masses that translates into incalculable losses, of both money and power, for our betters), it is now banned.  But there's great news on the horizon... have no fear, the hand that taketh away is also the hand that giveth.  And finally we get what we've been clamoring for since the beginning of time!  Ladies and gentlemen...  I present...  ta da... (drumroll)... 

May be an image of text that says 'r Reason After 26 Years of FDA Delays, U.S. Consumers Can Finally Buy Genetically Enhanced AquaBounty Salmon 23 hours ago'

• Sad 1

Terrible news about NAC.  Studies have shown that the supplement might benefit people with certain mental health conditions and I was planning on getting some to help my partner.  It´s possible that I can get it over the counter where I live in Mexico and will look into that.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

NAC is still widely available everywhere but Amazon and Whole Foods.  iHerb is a good source, but it's available almost everywhere. This case will go to court for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In case there's any lingering question about why the FDA would try to make NAC prescription only, check this out:

"NAC reduced ALL Clinical Manifestations and Consequences of influenza."

Well, can't be havin' THAT!

https://healthythinking.substack.com/p/antiviral-nutrition-video-cysteine?fbclid=IwAR1Y6rdfpWAJDaqcb4gck_3VhJihRMt_c60WuviFW7fJHohBohiNtTUHYUs

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cheya said:

In case there's any lingering question about why the FDA would try to make NAC prescription only, check this out:

"NAC reduced ALL Clinical Manifestations and Consequences of influenza."

Well, can't be havin' THAT!

https://healthythinking.substack.com/p/antiviral-nutrition-video-cysteine?fbclid=IwAR1Y6rdfpWAJDaqcb4gck_3VhJihRMt_c60WuviFW7fJHohBohiNtTUHYUs

And covid.  I know a doctor who started a whole campaign in the ICUs to put covid patients on NAC, apparently convinced a whole bunch of her colleagues, and they all reported stellar results.  I don't remember if I've seen any actual studies or not (might have to check my piles of files) but of course pharma companies perform internal ones when they suspect a readily available substance might be digging into their policies and plans.  If the substance is found too efficient for comfort and they don't own it...  sigh.  And those of the studies that are intended to be published toward discrediting the substance are designed accordingly.  The classical example was the way the Mayo clinic "studied" Linus Pauling's high dose IV vitamin C protocols.  They made a solution of vitamin C in advance for the whole month of the "study."  In water, vitamin C, being an active antioxidant, promptly degrades within a couple of hours, undergoes oxidation and turns first into the harmful oxidant dehydroascorbic acid, then to diketogulonic, oxalic, and threonic acids, each with its unwelcome properties.  And that's what the study subjects were effectively getting in their IVs the whole month.  Mission accomplished.  

• Thanks 2

Photo from British India, 1903.

So...  what do you think you're looking at?  Make no mistake -- you're looking at humanism of our generous philanthropic betters.  He provides her with a job.  She would starve without him. 

And yet not everyone today sees this picture with this depth of understanding.  Some might even feel they're looking at something quite atrocious.  But that's only because back then our betters' riding techniques were still somewhat crude and unsophisticated. 

How they have evolved.  How much more refined, subtle, elegant they are today.  

186276635_481942583232403_394355416378215118_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=uRcQfgr6yPUAX_2mZU0&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&tp=6&oh=b284149254e4ef4ee1beb6c8fef28d96&oe=60CBC296

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Photo from British India, 1903.

So...  what do you think you're looking at?  Make no mistake -- you're looking at humanism of our generous philanthropic betters.  He provides her with a job.  She would starve without him. 

And yet not everyone today sees this picture with this depth of understanding.  Some might even feel they're looking at something quite atrocious.  But that's only because back then our betters' riding techniques were still somewhat crude and unsophisticated. 

How they have evolved.  How much more refined, subtle, elegant they are today.  

186276635_481942583232403_394355416378215118_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=uRcQfgr6yPUAX_2mZU0&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&tp=6&oh=b284149254e4ef4ee1beb6c8fef28d96&oe=60CBC296

He projects weakness to me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, silent thunder said:

He projects weakness to me.

Yes, that too.  Abuse of power is always an attempt to compensate for feeling weak.  Something inside a tyrant is always rotten, disintegrating, putrid.  Or, more often, everything.    

• Like 1

187574695_4266097260088936_5183626143691887563_n.thumb.jpg.13729c914a1e958dc950ff55c607dbe6.jpg

Dolgan Indigenous young man from the Arctic part of Siberia in traditional clothing and snow goggles. 

Indigenous people of the Arctic have been using snow goggles since time immemorial.  They have been worn to protect the eyes from the glare of bright sunlight reflected off white snow.  The snow goggles fit tightly against the face so that the only light entering is through the slits. The slits are made narrow not only to reduce the amount of light entering but also to improve visual acuity.

Depending on the ethnic group snow goggles have been made of wood, metal, reindeer antlers, walrus ivory and even horsehair. Snow goggles were usually cut in the form of a thin, elongated convex plate with a notch for the bridge of the nose, with narrow slits for the eyes. The front part along the edges is often decorated with engraving or an embossed pattern.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

Some Arctic indigenous  people used to make beautiful metal work . I saw some very well made beautifully artistic cutlery  of usual design. I could not place it. Then it was identified as  antique arctic .   ?    Nah ... how did they do that ? So I looked into it .It was Inuit .  The bone handles where 'marine ivory' , fair enough, but where did they get the metal for those well made blades ?

Apparently they had their own source of metal ... for a long time .; one major one was the Innaanganeq meteorite . 60,000 kg of octahedrite iron .

" On the northwestern coast of Greenland, the Iron Age began hundreds of years before iron was brought to southern Greenland by Icelandic farmers (Wilken, 2015). Meteoric iron has been present in the region since at least 1000 CE, when a group of about 300 Inuit settled Melville Bay, which is bounded in the north by Cape York (Buchwald, 1975). These meteorite blocks attracted Inuit from across the Arctic, and tools made with fragments harvested from the Cape York meteorite allowed Arctic Inuit to progress from the Stone Age to the Iron Age (Huntington, 2002). Had there been no meteoric iron present in Melville Bay, the area may have never been successfully settled at all.

" Inuit told the explorer Robert Peary in the late 1800s that legend was that the three major meteorite blocks were an Inuit woman who was thrown from the sky along with her dog and tent by the evil spirit Tornarsuk. It is possible this is true, but it is more likely that the Inuit were humoring Peary with the story he expected to hear – that they believed the rocks were meteoric in origin. As neither John Ross nor any other polar explorer ever recorded hearing a similar story, it is probable that the Inuit believed the iron blocks were simply natural deposits (Buchwald, 1975). For hundreds of years, these meteorite blocks were an indispensable resource for the small group of Inuit living in this barren part of the world.  ..... "

But then , they got stolen from them ...

' We need these  ..... for 'science ' .'

agpalilik-meteorite-specimen_lg.gif

0*LwowDyIOeqaal9zR.jpeg

image.png.03787433d55ebf505f10aec55fd95a64.png

• Like 2

How is Gilead coming along?  How is Ofjoseph doing?*  

Today's Los Angeles Times: "In December, when babies conceived in mid-March through early April would be expected to be born, the state saw a 10% drop-off in deliveries, compared with the 2% year-over-year decline that had been typical for about the last decade. In January, when most babies conceived in April and early May would be born, births fell a staggering 23%."

So now we know which age group has been really massively impacted by all the measures implemented for our own good and for our health.  California, the poster child of compliance with those measures, succeeded in eliminating almost a quarter of that population in just one year.  

But we're not going to see the planet turn into Gilead.  No way.  Gilead abused women, as punishment for being able to become pregnant and for being unable to become pregnant, in special ways custom-geared to each category.  Not our problem at all, since we don't even have "pregnant women" anymore.  We now have "pregnant people."  So institutionalized misogyny has nothing to do with it.  Nope, not Gilead at all.  

We are in Year One of Not Gilead At All. 

Wait for it.         

*An allusion for those who've watched Handmaid's Tale or read Margaret Atwood's novel 

• Thanks 1

Yup.

(None of the emojis quite do the job on this one....)

Edited by cheya
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Taomeow said:

5rhce5ktdp471.jpg?width=634&auto=webp&s=103f9be402f41233d16f31a7df1c38f44502ba2b

1 hour ago, cheya said:

Yup.

(None of the emojis quite do the job on this one....)

For the longest time, I wanted somebody to tell me what the pandemic was really about.  I believed that something nefarious was going on beneath the surface, that things were both different and worse than they appeared to be, but I couldn´t for the life of me figure out what that something might be.  The people who I thought might have an inkling were keeping curiously mum.  Recently, this situation has changed.  I´ve now crossed over and think of myself as one of the people at least somewhat in the know.  Alas,  this newly gained knowledge falls squarely in the be-careful-what-you-ask-for category.  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

“In the future it will be a question of finding a way to reduce the population. We will start with the old, because as soon as it exceeds 60-65 years man lives longer than he produces and costs society dearly, then the weak and then the useless who do nothing for society because there will be more and more of them, and especially the stupid ones.

Euthanasia targeting these groups; euthanasia will have to be an essential instrument of our future societies, in all cases. We cannot of course execute people or set up camps. We will get rid of them by making them believe it is for their own good.

Too large a population, and for the most part unnecessary, is something economically too expensive. Socially, it is also much better for the human machine to come to an abrupt halt rather than gradually deteriorating. We won’t be able to run intelligence tests on millions and millions of people, you can imagine!

We will find something or cause it, a pandemic that targets certain people, a real economic crisis or not, a virus that will affect the old or the fat, it doesn’t matter, the weak will succumb to it, the fearful and the stupid will believe it and ask to be treated.

We will have taken care to have planned the treatment, a treatment that will be the solution.

The selection of idiots will thus be done on its own: they will go to the slaughterhouse on their own.”

Is the thinking that wuhan created the virus with a number of world leaders to reduce the elderly, weak and useless population?  Then why would governments across the globe be trying to stop the COVID deaths??? There’s only been  3,778,701 deaths so far, not enough to make a dent in the old and fat population yet. Death by vaccine is woefully inadequate, that’s just in the thousands, so that’s not going to work.

Most efficient would have been to call it just a little flu, have no restriction of movement or social distancing, no vaccine or cure, and wipe out maybe half the fat and elderly, more if they were lucky. It seems to me governments have missed the Attali boat that so fortuitously floated by. 

• Like 1

@Bindi A few thoughts.

Control comes first.  You can't do things you plan unless you're in control of the situation.  If you plan to do major things, you need to gain major control first.  If you gain major control, history shows that the next goal is, invariably, total control.  If you gain total control, history shows that it has never been used toward anything but total horror.  What shape and form the horror might take depends on the epoch.  Ours is better at wrapping it up in shiny ticky tacky than any that went before, so it's not immediately obvious to most people. 

You don't need a particularly deadly virus or a particularly sketchy vaccine if your goal is total control.  All you need is a set of beliefs they can help you create and install -- beliefs that will hand you your total control on a silver platter, with no resistance, even with gratitude -- with carte blanche to do as you please.  Do you think the current pests fall short of that goal?  For one thing, the night's still young.  (I've elaborated on that in a long post in my Batshit thread but am reluctant to open it, it's still in its virtual state.  Don't want to go into all the dark places I've seen, there be dragons. )  For another, the goal, if total global control for whatever purpose is the goal, is so within reach of those who call the shots...  I don't think we have ever been anywhere near so close in all of our history to "getting there."  Once there, you reckon total control will be used in some new improved fashion, toward making us healthy, happy and free?  Heck, I'm all for it.  I just don't know of a single precedent in 10,000 years.   

• Like 2

I can understand someone making a considered decision to get vaccinated.  Many people consider themselves to be at high risk (Luke raises his hand) and the vaccines appear to do a good job of keeping people out of the hospital.  What´s less understandable is Vaccine Pride, as if vaccination was some badge of honor (and by inference being unvaccinated dishonorable).  Seems to me we´ve got enough things to take sides about already, no need to add vaccination status to the list.  

If I could wave my pandemic wand, I´d make the world less judgey.  Most people are making what they consider the best decisions for themselves with limited information.  We can choose to wear a mask or not wear a mask, leave our houses or stay inside, get a jab or not.  Either way, let´s not separate ourselves into the pandemically virtuous and the pandemically negligent.  Nobody gets a gold star.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Taomeow said:

@Bindi A few thoughts.

Control comes first.  You can't do things you plan unless you're in control of the situation.  If you plan to do major things, you need to gain major control first.  If you gain major control, history shows that the next goal is, invariably, total control.  If you gain total control, history shows that it has never been used toward anything but total horror.  What shape and form the horror might take depends on the epoch.  Ours is better at wrapping it up in shiny ticky tacky than any that went before, so it's not immediately obvious to most people. 

You don't need a particularly deadly virus or a particularly sketchy vaccine if your goal is total control.  All you need is a set of beliefs they can help you create and install -- beliefs that will hand you your total control on a silver platter, with no resistance, even with gratitude -- with carte blanche to do as you please.  Do you think the current pests fall short of that goal?  For one thing, the night's still young.  (I've elaborated on that in a long post in my Batshit thread but am reluctant to open it, it's still in its virtual state.  Don't want to go into all the dark places I've seen, there be dragons. )  For another, the goal, if total global control for whatever purpose is the goal, is so within reach of those who call the shots...  I don't think we have ever been anywhere near so close in all of our history to "getting there."  Once there, you reckon total control will be used in some new improved fashion, toward making us healthy, happy and free?  Heck, I'm all for it.  I just don't know of a single precedent in 10,000 years.   

If total global control for whatever purpose is the goal.

The only group I know of with a global control agenda is Islam, and it’s just possible they might succeed, but who do you think wants and could gain global control, the US? Or a world government? 

5 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

I can understand someone making a considered decision to get vaccinated.  Many people consider themselves to be at high risk (Luke raises his hand) and the vaccines appear to do a good job of keeping people out of the hospital.  What´s less understandable is Vaccine Pride, as if vaccination was some badge of honor (and by inference being unvaccinated dishonorable).  Seems to me we´ve got enough things to take sides about already, no need to add vaccination status to the list.  

If I could wave my pandemic wand, I´d make the world less judgey.  Most people are making what they consider the best decisions for themselves with limited information.  We can choose to wear a mask or not wear a mask, leave our houses or stay inside, get a jab or not.  Either way, let´s not separate ourselves into the pandemically virtuous and the pandemically negligent.  Nobody gets a gold star.

i don’t know if you’re referring to me as Vaccine Proud, but if so it’s certainly not what I think of myself. Personally I’d prefer to not have the vaccine, we had another death here in Australia from the AZ vaccine, it’s just that my fear of COVID outweighs my fear of the vaccine. I have a doctor friend, I’m thinking of asking her if an ivermectin prescription is possible. 

What I am against is conspiracy theory around the vaccine and government intentions, as well as the partial repeating of quotes that read differently when presented more fully. 

2 hours ago, Bindi said:

i don’t know if you’re referring to me as Vaccine Proud, but if so it’s certainly not what I think of myself. 

Not at all, Bindi.  I was referring to Vaccine Pride in a general way.  Here´s an article over at EATER that talks about a new hot fashion item -- buttons announcing vaccination status.  https://www.eater.com/22526104/covid-vaccine-pin-accessory-flair-restaurants  For some, announcing vaccination is a form of virtue signaling.  

While you and I are coming to some different conclusions about the pandemic, I can tell you´re thinking about the issues carefully and diligently.  The way I figure, we´re all just doing our best.

• Like 2

”Fichte laid it down that education should aim at destroying free will, so that, after pupils have left school, they shall be incapable, throughout the rest of their lives, of thinking or acting otherwise than as their schoolmasters would have wished. But in his day this was an unattainable ideal: what he regarded as the best system in existence produced Karl Marx. In future such failures are not likely to occur where there is dictatorship. Diet, injections, and injunctions will combine, from a very early age, to produce the sort of character and the sort of beliefs that the authorities consider desirable, and any serious criticism of the powers that be will become psychologically impossible.”

”The system, one may surmise, will be something like this: except possibly in the governing aristocracy, all but 5 per cent of males and 30 per cent of females will be sterilized. The 30 per cent of females will be expected to spend the years from eighteen to forty in reproduction, in order to secure adequate cannon fodder.”

”Gradually, by selective breeding, the congenital differences between rulers and ruled will increase until they become almost different species. A revolt of the plebs would become as unthinkable as an organized insurrection of sheep against the practice of eating mutton.”

-- Bertrand Russell, The Impact of Science on Society, 1952

An intriguing plot.  Trevor Rees-Jones, princess Diana's bodyguard, was the only survivor of the car crash that killed the princess.  The story goes that he had severe injuries and was kept in a medical coma.  The story goes that he completely lost his memory of everything that happened before or after the accident.  Career outcome -- he is now head of global security for Astra Zeneca.   Where's John Le Carre when you need him.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Taomeow said:

An intriguing plot.  Trevor Rees-Jones, princess Diana's bodyguard, was the only survivor of the car crash that killed the princess.  The story goes that he had severe injuries and was kept in a medical coma.  The story goes that he completely lost his memory of everything that happened before or after the accident.  Career outcome -- he is now head of global security for Astra Zeneca.   Where's John Le Carre when you need him.  

Loyalty pays off...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1