Taomeow

It is known

We are surrounded by masters of supreme ability -- or, as Chan put it, "we walk knee deep in buddhas."  

Not only does a common housefly fly unimpeded in the house built by the wingless who can't make it even to the second floor without using the stairs.  We humans see 24 frames per second, the fly sees 100.  So when you're trying to approach it stealthily so as to swat it, it's watching you as a very slow slo-mo video.

11 Incredible Eye Macros

• Like 1

Yeah ... thats why , strangely , you have to go in slow mo to catch it !  (until the last split second )

Then  to them it looks like you are not moving .

Mokeys have much faster reaction / vision speed as well ..

Its not actually intelligence tested here ,   memory is a factor but the chimp actually 'sees faster'  than we can .

• Like 1

:D 

I dont know what the hell happened then ! 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Yeah ... thats why , strangely , you have to go in slow mo to catch it !  (until the last split second )

Then  to them it looks like you are not moving .

Taiji method: don't move at all, sit like a statue until the fly flies by close enough, then suddenly shoot out your arm and grab it.  But just any which yoink is not the real skill. The real skill is to be able to specify in advance which of the two wings or six legs you're going to grab.  

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Mokeys have much faster reaction / vision speed as well ..

Its not actually intelligence tested here ,   memory is a factor but the chimp actually 'sees faster'  than we can .

It IS intelligence! -- systemic temporo-spacial intelligence which is the real deal. 

We merely redefined what intelligence means so as to accommodate our (domesticated humans') severe disability and reinterpret it as our special ability --

to wit, the ability to drop out of the real world and live outside of it -- dwelling instead inside abstract thought in the head and the prosthetic world it allowed us to build.   I don't think a prosthesis, however sophisticated, is a more intelligent design than organic reality.   But since that's what we use, we misunderstand organic reality as something dumber than ourselves and rationalize away all signs of genuine intelligence in organic reality as "instincts," "reflexes," "automatic actions" and so on.  We believe every living thing is an automaton and only we are truly conscious and smart.  But that's because systemic embodied intelligence is something we lost and consequently don't understand and don't recognize in others.  

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

Taiji method: don't move at all, sit like a statue until the fly flies by close enough, then suddenly shoot out your arm and grab it.  But just any which yoink is not the real skill. The real skill is to be able to specify in advance which of the two wings or six legs you're going to grab.  

Pfffft !  Samurai method is superior . One time, I am sitting with geisha , a mosquito is buzzing around and annoying her  I said " You dare to offend ? ! ". All in one instant , I draw, slash and return sword  to  saya .

Bzzzzz .. zzzz

Geisha ;  " You missed ? ? ? ! "

Me; " No miss .  That mosquito , he never have children again !  "

It IS intelligence! -- systemic temporo-spacial intelligence which is the real deal. 

We merely redefined what intelligence means so as to accommodate our (domesticated humans') severe disability and reinterpret it as our special ability --

< thinks >  Thats a good point ! 

to wit, the ability to drop out of the real world and live outside of it -- dwelling instead inside abstract thought in the head and the prosthetic world it allowed us to build.   I don't think a prosthesis, however sophisticated, is a more intelligent design than organic reality.   But since that's what we use, we misunderstand organic reality as something dumber than ourselves and rationalize away all signs of genuine intelligence in organic reality as "instincts," "reflexes," "automatic actions" and so on.  We believe every living thing is an automaton and only we are truly conscious and smart.  But that's because systemic embodied intelligence is something we lost and consequently don't understand and don't recognize in others.  

:)   Thanks for that contemplative material .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One thing still unknown (at least to me):

are we about to collide with the axis of the earth or with the firmament of the sky?

• Like 1

A perfect self-ordering structure can only be assembled out of non-identical components that fit in not despite of, but owing to, the fact that they naturally accommodate each other's differences.  None of them have to be reshaped toward any rigidly standardized conformity -- in fact, they would be unable to support each other if they were.  This kind of natural unity is self-cementing.  All other kinds are tyrannical and rely on the external cementing force to hold them together.  Key word "force."

120013095_1460240727494989_7564981026563368989_o.thumb.jpg.28fb75317cad1998278863a94c3508d2.jpg

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Nungali said:

Pfffft !  Samurai method is superior . One time, I am sitting with geisha , a mosquito is buzzing around and annoying her  I said " You dare to offend ? ! ". All in one instant , I draw, slash and return sword  to  saya .

23 hours ago, Taomeow said:

I turned over a 12"x12" brick a couple of months ago in my backyard around noon.  Underneath was an army of small ants and hundreds of their ant larva suddenly exposed to bright and  hot sunlight.  I put the brick back over them for shade but told them they had to clear out from that area asap.  The next day I lifted the brick back up to check their progress and there was not a single trace of any ant or larva, they tunneled deep and completely vanished. 

• Like 2

I have a contract with the bull  ants that live in the forest .

If they stay over there on that side of the log, I will throw meat scrapes over the log into the forest .    If they start nesting on this side  of the log , near the cabin and in the yard / garden ..... its napalm time ! 

They called my bluff a few times  ..... napalm .     No nests here for years now .   Occasionally I will find one inside on the floor , or get bitten on foot on the way to the outhouse  and I remember;   " Damn , been forgetting the offerings !  " , start throwing the scraps over the log,  and the ants disappear .

sign here please

CAI%20bull%20ant%20venom%20180911.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

yikes, that is one fierce looking ant!  Btw. instead of throwing them meat scraps how about throwing fresh green peas, thus encouraging them to be veggie ants instead of meat eaters which might be safer...:)

I remember a movie called, "Sand Kings" with Beau Bridges.  It had super intelligent ant like creatures that were in and brought back from Mars soil samples.  Beau smuggled out a small sample of them from a secure bio-lab where he worked and took them home to experiment with but they eventually got loose, turned on him, and then got into the surrounding environment,  with things ending badly!

On a kind of related subject I like tarantula's and trap door spiders but have trouble with many other types like the fast aggressive ones, especially when they move into the house, thus I think I have a lot of spider karma coming back someday 

Edited by old3bob

On 25/09/2020 at 9:08 PM, old3bob said:

yikes, that is one fierce looking ant!  Btw. instead of throwing them meat scraps how about throwing fresh green peas, thus encouraging them to be veggie ants instead of meat eaters which might be safer...:)

Oh noooo!   NO vegie or  other turkey food outside !  It only encourages these   blighters   (   dig up garden and spread it all over paths, eat my monstera deliciosa  before I get a chance to , up end pots and destroy rare plants , and then break the pot ,  demolish compost heaps ..... :angry: )

32632408052_9a598a05b8_b.jpg

We  used to have a contract .

I remember a movie called, "Sand Kings" with Beau Bridges.  It had super intelligent ant like creatures that were in and brought back from Mars soil samples.  Beau smuggled out a small sample of them from a secure bio-lab where he worked and took them home to experiment with but they eventually got loose, turned on him, and then got into the surrounding environment,  with things ending badly!

On a kind of related subject I like tarantula's and trap door spiders but have trouble with many other types like the fast aggressive ones, especially when they move into the house, thus I think I have a lot of spider karma coming back someday 

image.png.27a0e582ff4602012b60a5a61a7d13de.png

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I seem to remember some old B&W movie with  soldiers  acting badly and shooting at giant ants in a desert location ?

Wait .... I looked it up,  Its color , so probably a different one  to the one I am thinking of .   . Sand Kings was an 'Outer Limits' episode .  Yep, I used to watch that ! Outer Limits and Twilight Zone  :)

I may have missed that one .  ? 

The movie I was thinking of was  'THEM! '

La-humanidad-en-peligro-e1369599399109.j

Spoiler

https://www.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4URRp39XOoyoutube.com/watch?v=v4URRp39XOo

Edited by Nungali
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2020 at 8:54 PM, Taomeow said:

Nice samurai skill. :)  

I know it's a little old, but bew to us tortoises...

now playing on Amazon:

SAMURAI CAT

Samurai-Cat_AC_Poster.jpg

19686aea0b8f08ba7f6b328f51c55b49a1b8257c

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, shunka said:

now playing on Amazon:

SAMURAI CAT

19686aea0b8f08ba7f6b328f51c55b49a1b8257c

This looks like something I ought to watch ASAP!  Thank you!  

I was hoping someone will make a movie out of this plot:

‘Warrior takes an armored cat for a walk’ (着甲武人猫散歩逍遥図) by Noguchi Tetsuya

What's the story behind the samurai walking a cat, anyway? · Global Voices

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Speaking of armored, trying to decide if i should go with bulletproof or emf, so complicated... someone should design and sell a combination protective outfit. Emf protection and bulletproof, also exoskeleton design.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, zerostao said:

Speaking of armored, trying to decide if i should go with bulletproof or emf, so complicated... someone should design and sell a combination protective outfit. Emf protection and bulletproof, also exoskeleton design.

why not make it a powered exoskeleton suit ?  Go to Japan and you would have the fanboys all over you

ug-0.jpg?resize=640,480

from https://soranews24.com/2017/09/25/tokyos-new-giant-gundam-anime-robot-statue-is-complete-and-its-awesome【photos】

Edited by shunka
  • Like 1

I I really prefer TaoMeows' Armored Cat & Samurai

50 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

This looks like something I ought to watch ASAP!  Thank you!  

I was hoping someone will make a movie out of this plot:

‘Warrior takes an armored cat for a walk’ (着甲武人猫散歩逍遥図) by Noguchi Tetsuya

What's the story behind the samurai walking a cat, anyway? · Global Voices

Her you go, TaoMeow:

pet-dog-cat-armor-samurai-age-japan-5.jp

pet-dog-cat-armor-samurai-age-japan-4.jp

pet-dog-cat-armor-samurai-age-japan-17.g

Edited by shunka
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zerostao said:

I wouldn't know how to design that, unfortunately, I only know how to design a very reliable tinfoil hat.

The kind that protects from the deadliest of modern weapons -- the ones that wash out the brains by the billions, and install whatever programs the developers of these weapons choose to install at a particular moment in a particular population, for a particular stretch of time, before replacing with the next program. 

The design of my tinfoil hat gets updated on a daily basis, depending on the programs currently being installed, to safeguard against any breaches.  I could make one on request for anyone, but the malware program "tinfoil hat bad" hasn't been uninstalled ever since it got implemented, so there's no orders from those who are continuously running it.  And those who know how to design their own don't need my help.  

Of course it's not made of literal tin foil...  not that the literal one would necessarily be useless but who knows...  in any event one can't buy any tin foil anymore, I tried.  Now we have aluminum instead, in great abundance inside and out -- wrapping up everything, ingested and injected, aluminum all the way.  The metal that cancels internal alchemy by interrupting the electrical Thunder of Zhen.  But I digress.    

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Here we go again...

another six-thousand-year-old powder keg exploding for the six thousandth time.

download.jpg.6e9cb5a3d11a27d33b880b6f2115ce87.jpg

Or as the not recognized by nearly any country independent republic calls itself,

Political status of Nagorno-Karabakh - Wikipedia

Edited by Taomeow

2 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

It looks like Turkey is moving some of its jihadist militias from Syria and Libya into Azerbaijan. This could get real ugly.

Extremely.   And Al-Qaeda, reportedly. 

Armenians know it can unfold into what a special word in their language stands for --

գոյամարտ,  goyamart --  "battle for existence."   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, shunka said:

now playing on Amazon:

SAMURAI CAT

Oh my goodness !   Someone has cut that cat's throat ! 

• Sad 1