Sign in to follow this  
darkflame

Best classic routine to tonify yin

I suffer from kidney yin deficiency. Already on high dose herbal formulas to combat this.

What is the best classic routine to tonify yin? (Prefer older practices as opposed to those invented in the last 100 years)

Also side question. Does eating kidneys tonify jing? Since that is where prenatal jing is stored I would think that but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, darkflame said:

Any yin tonifying qigong guys?

Stillness basically. Long periods of stillness.. Xin Zhai (heart-mind fasting) is the only real way to tonify through practice.

There are a lot of lifestyle-based approaches too (Yang Sheng Fa)

And you can help things along with food - look up ‘blood nourishing foods’.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, darkflame said:

Xin Zhai is essentially presence meditation correct?

It’s a progressive stilling of mental-emotional movement... fasting from thinking/feeling/emotion...

Different teachers approach the practice differently - but it usually starts the way most meditative practice starts - by listening to the breath... and then following the breath through the layers of its arising and manifestation to the root.

Close to the root you start to apprehend the stirring of Qi that then becomes a thought or feeling... Go deeper still and you get to the root - the level of Yin and Yang.

At this stage there’s complete stillness. This is what fasts the Xin. 

This is the most efficient way to regenerate Kidney yin - and sets up the cause to permanently stop over-using Jing and kidney yin.

Unfortunately it’s a pretty high level practice and very difficult to achieve.

But you wanted an old practice that achieves this :) 

Incidentally - we recently talked about developing virtue - De... Xin Zhai is one of the main methods of achieving this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, darkflame said:

And any good resources on Yang Sheng Fa?

I only have my notes from my teachers...

But someone must know a good book?

16 minutes ago, idquest said:

Deep abdominal breathing and good sleep every day.

That certainly helps!

Although only if the abdominal breathing is not contrived... otherwise it can have the opposite effect.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, freeform said:

It’s a progressive stilling of mental-emotional movement... fasting from thinking/feeling/emotion...

Different teachers approach the practice differently - but it usually starts the way most meditative practice starts - by listening to the breath... and then following the breath through the layers of its arising and manifestation to the root.

Close to the root you start to apprehend the stirring of Qi that then becomes a thought or feeling... Go deeper still and you get to the root - the level of Yin and Yang.

At this stage there’s complete stillness. This is what fasts the Xin. 

This is the most efficient way to regenerate Kidney yin - and sets up the cause to permanently stop over-using Jing and kidney yin.

Unfortunately it’s a pretty high level practice and very difficult to achieve.

But you wanted an old practice that achieves this :) 

Incidentally - we recently talked about developing virtue - De... Xin Zhai is one of the main methods of achieving this.

Alright excellent I appreciate your response. Any good books on xin zhai?

5 minutes ago, darkflame said:

Any good books on xin zhai?

Sadly I don’t know.

Has anyone else come across a book on Xin zhai? 

It’s a tricky thing to teach through a book... but there might be a good scholarly take on the practice...

@darkflame, you can go to this link: 

youtube.com/watch?v=_QYngRrbsKo

There is a warning that if you suffer from any of the pre-existing medical conditions you should not practice this set of exercises. As with most qigong videos they are not perfect teaching aid and inexperience practitioners should seek proper face-to-face qigong instruction, and in this case, seek a Daoist qigong system instructor. You will find that some of the movements are familiar with other systems. What are some indications of Kidney Yin deficiency? In my search for the answer from the internet, the indications are sore lumbar and knees, dizziness, ringing in the ears, hearing problems, dry mouth, hot palms, soles and chest, spontaneous sweating, constipation, and seminal emission. Hope you find this post useful. Meanwhile, stay safe from the covid-19, be well and happy always.

On 2020/7/1 at 1:20 AM, darkflame said:

I suffer from kidney yin deficiency. Already on high dose herbal formulas to combat this.

What is the best classic routine to tonify yin? (Prefer older practices as opposed to those invented in the last 100 years)

Also side question. Does eating kidneys tonify jing? Since that is where prenatal jing is stored I would think that but I could be wrong.

You can  tonify your  jing by  many ways  at many levels :

1) Ordinary ways: Eat good food, sleep well , refrain  from having sex..etc;   but likely guys who are in /after 50s  not possible to  recover from it  through these ways.

2) TCM herbal formula  :  The conditions of using them are  the comprehension of  the Chinese herbs well , plus your capable of identifying what aspect of your kidney deficiency is  ,whether it be yin ( water/liquid) aspect  or  yang (fire) aspect , so as to drink the right  formulas.  Roughly we can say that it is  jing  tonified by jing at the same level as  herbs used are jing targeted   , also pork or mutton are always  added to these herbs' soup  to enhance the effects.

3) By Medical qigong ways :  Gong of contracting  and relaxing   your perineum, rubbing or pressing your  navel several  times per day  , clenching your teeth when peeing..etc ,  there are lot of them very effective.  We can say that these are jing  tonified on  the qi level .

4) Tonify  jing on the  Shen level  as  freeform   mentioned above :   An  emptied Mind, if doing well , can tonify  jing , not only those in our kidney , but  directly those  in our kneel, ankle , wrist where pains, swells  or cramps make us  suffer .  It is  , in fact , tonifying  the ordinary jing by Yuan Jing (  meta/ prenatal essence )  for Yuan Jing can be  embodied in us  as  Shen . The point is , since  our jing is already in a deficient status,  the least possible state from where we can attain  the Shen ,  how  then can we adopt that way ?  

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this