dwai

Love and group coherence

49 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Linked to the seven chakras ~ in particular the fourth?

Heart-Chakra1.gif

Yes, it starts with the Heart chakra, but eventually engulfs us entirely. 

I´ve bought several of Heartmath´s EMwave machines, hand-held biofeedback devices to help train people to get into "coherence."  I liked the practice but the devices kept breaking on me.  I´ve read that breathing at a rate of about 6 breaths a minute can also help people reach the same state.  Imagine that practices like Metta would work too.  Too bad the EMWave is so unreliable though because I like gadgets and quantification.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, liminal_luke said:

I´ve bought several of Heartmath´s EMwave machines, hand-held biofeedback devices to help train people to get into "coherence."  I liked the practice but the devices kept breaking on me.  I´ve read that breathing at a rate of about 6 breaths a minute can also help people reach the same state.  Imagine that practices like Metta would work too.  Too bad the EMWave is so unreliable though because I like gadgets and quantification.

I've not used their techniques or devices, but our traditional practice is similar. We get to know whether we are in coherence or not by how it feels :) ...

Interesting point about 6 breaths a minute. If we're doing qigong breathing, especially in standing meditation, the breathing slows down to less than 6 per minutes, sometimes even 2-3 breaths per minute. 

• Like 2

0.1 Hz or 0.05 Hz (one breath cycle per 10 seconds or one per 20 seconds) strengthens some of the naturally occuring frequencies that coordinates vascular and neural systems, thus allowing you to strengthen regenerative functions. These numbers are group based, if you are taller you should be slower, if you are shorter you should be faster. 

And when you have more experience, you will be able to utilize the slower better, while a beginner should stay at 0.1 Hz until that is hard-wired into the system. 

At least, that is how the physiological research goes these days. 😁 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dwai said:
18 hours ago, Limahong said:

The final alignment of the seven chakras as ONE is key.

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement
  • Like 1