moreira Filho

Sword-Finger Qigong in Eight Forms by Master Wang Xiang Dang

Hi everybody. Does someone know any info about the system Sword-Finger Qigong in Eight Forms , that used to be taught in the Chinese Taoist Martial Arts Association (CTMAA) in Chicago? I searched the net to find any contact of instructor but do not find any info.

• Like 1

I dont know about what youre talking about, but I do think that transforming your finger in an sword can be pretty dangerous if you dont know how to wield it

• Haha 1

I'm not sure how current the page is, FWIW, CTMAA lists the SFQG8 form on its site here:

http://ctmaa.com/content/Qigong-Qi-Gong-Chi-Kung-Chicago/index.html

At CTMAA, regular weekly classes and summer workshops on the following qigong methods will be given:

• Sword-Finger Qigong in Eight Forms
  • Zhineng Qigong
  • Five-Dragon School Inner Alchemy Qigong

They will be described in more detail in the following sections.

1. Sword-Finger Qigong in Eight Forms 

This qigong method, passed down by Master Wang Xiang-Dang, is one of the most complete qigong methods transmitted in secrecy from master to disciple through many generations.  In the past, the method could only be taught to disciples of the Tao and was otherwise reserved to royalty for their use in the preservation of health.

Qigong (Qi Gong or Chi Kung) Master Wang Xiang Dang

Qigong Master Wang Xiang Dang

The Sword-Finger Qigong incorporates the essence of mystical union of the individual with heaven and earth.  It teaches the ways of gathering the energies of heaven and earth to circulate them in the human body as the means of maintaining good health and developing potential special abilities.  In centuries past, there was no single complete set of deep-penetrating sword-finger exercises for internal organs; only single sword-finger and double sword-finger exercises.  This Sword-Finger Qigong in Eight Forms is probably the first complete set of deep-penetrating qigong for training the qi which has been made available to the general public.

Although the method consists of very simple movements and is very easy to learn, it is very effective in healing or recovering from fatigue.  In average, it takes about three to four sessions (or hours) to learn this method.  In other words, after attending the Wednesday's class three to four times, you should be able to practice it by yourself at any time.   The total time to practice the whole eight sections in this method is about half hour.

Sword Finger Qigong (Qi Gong or Chi Kung) workshop at CTMAA

Sword Finger Qigong workshop at CTMAA

• Like 1

On 24/06/2020 at 3:25 PM, Scholar said:

I dont know about what youre talking about, but I do think that transforming your finger in an sword can be pretty dangerous if you dont know how to wield it

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

On 30/06/2020 at 2:15 PM, sambista2002 said:

I'm not sure how current the page is, FWIW, CTMAA lists the SFQG8 form on its site here:

At CTMAA, regular weekly classes and summer workshops on the following qigong methods will be given:

• Zhineng Qigong

This qigong method, passed down by Master Wang Xiang-Dang, is one of the most complete qigong methods transmitted in secrecy from master to disciple through many generations.  In the past, the method could only be taught to disciples of the Tao and was otherwise reserved to royalty for their use in the preservation of health.

The Sword-Finger Qigong incorporates the essence of mystical union of the individual with heaven and earth.  It teaches the ways of gathering the energies of heaven and earth to circulate them in the human body as the means of maintaining good health and developing potential special abilities.  In centuries past, there was no single complete set of deep-penetrating sword-finger exercises for internal organs; only single sword-finger and double sword-finger exercises.  This Sword-Finger Qigong in Eight Forms is probably the first complete set of deep-penetrating qigong for training the qi which has been made available to the general public.

Although the method consists of very simple movements and is very easy to learn, it is very effective in healing or recovering from fatigue.  In average, it takes about three to four sessions (or hours) to learn this method.  In other words, after attending the Wednesday's class three to four times, you should be able to practice it by yourself at any time.   The total time to practice the whole eight sections in this method is about half hour.

Yes, is this one. I am  contacting the theacher. 

I tried my hand at finding more but was fairly unsuccessful. 

There is this YouTube video that shows a “Sword Finger QiGong”. Whether it is related or not you would likely be able to tell. The YouTube channel also seems to have other videos on the subject. Here is a YouTube playlist that includes an interview with the Master. 

Also this FaceBook video I found tucked away. Nothing specifically SFQG8F. 

Let me know if you find out more. Super interested 👌

Cheers,

E. S. A.

The Wanderer

On 6/24/2020 at 12:34 PM, moreira Filho said:

Hi everybody. Does someone know any info about the system Sword-Finger Qigong in Eight Forms , that used to be taught in the Chinese Taoist Martial Arts Association (CTMAA) in Chicago? I searched the net to find any contact of instructor but do not find any info.

Sifu is no longer with us. What's your question?

On 6/30/2020 at 12:15 PM, sambista2002 said:

• Zhineng Qigong

On 7/6/2020 at 11:22 PM, E. S. A. said:

I tried my hand at finding more but was fairly unsuccessful. 

There is this YouTube video that shows a “Sword Finger QiGong”. Whether it is related or not you would likely be able to tell. The YouTube channel also seems to have other videos on the subject. Here is a YouTube playlist that includes an interview with the Master. 

Also this FaceBook video I found tucked away. Nothing specifically SFQG8F. 

Let me know if you find out more. Super interested 👌

Cheers,

E. S. A.

The Wanderer

So this method isn't Spring Forest Qigong related, Wang Xiang-Dang was said to be from LaoShan. There is a book of his that talks about his Sword Finger Qigong method and his general thoughts on Qigong but the only copy I could find was in the Library of Congress and I had to interlibrary loan it to the school library I was going to at the time. It was an interesting read. If you try that please return it because its rare obviously. He wandered a bit through the US in the mid 90s doing some seminars. I saw some video tapes of him doing interesting things. I liked it, it was the first method I worked with for a long time and helped me with a case of pharyngitis I had early into it, and as I quit tobacco back then. It's relatively simple and takes like 20-30 minutes to do, or longer if extending some forms. 

• Thanks 1

On 09/01/2024 at 9:14 PM, CityHermit! said:

So this method isn't Spring Forest Qigong related, Wang Xiang-Dang was said to be from LaoShan. There is a book of his that talks about his Sword Finger Qigong method and his general thoughts on Qigong but the only copy I could find was in the Library of Congress and I had to interlibrary loan it to the school library I was going to at the time. It was an interesting read. If you try that please return it because its rare obviously. He wandered a bit through the US in the mid 90s doing some seminars. I saw some video tapes of him doing interesting things. I liked it, it was the first method I worked with for a long time and helped me with a case of pharyngitis I had early into it, and as I quit tobacco back then. It's relatively simple and takes like 20-30 minutes to do, or longer if extending some forms. 

Hi. Thank for the info. I does not live in the USA. So, unfortunately, can not get a look in the book. Please tell me more about the system.