Sign in to follow this  
abramelin

What to drink after practice?

I was just wondering about what you drink after practice,.

I used to drink a lot of cold water after my exercises, but after reading Ken Cohen where he says that cold water has negative effect on Qi, I have gone over to drink a cup of tea instead.

Do you feel any adverse effect from drinking cold water immediately after? I didn't but now I wait a little bit until I drink water, just to see if there is a difference.

//abramelin

posted this in the wrong forum. :unsure:

If there is some kind moderator out there that could move this to the taoist discussion.

// abramelin

I was just wondering about what you drink after practice,.

I used to drink a lot of cold water after my exercises, but after reading Ken Cohen where he says that cold water has negative effect on Qi, I have gone over to drink a cup of tea instead.

Do you feel any adverse effect from drinking cold water immediately after? I didn't but now I wait a little bit until I drink water, just to see if there is a difference.

//abramelin

posted this in the wrong forum. :unsure:

If there is some kind moderator out there that could move this to the taoist discussion.

// abramelin

I never drink cold drinks. Even in summer.

Warm or room temp is best.

Cold is too much of a shock on your system.

Jette was just telling us about that in last week's foundation training. Since we were going straight to eat after training we had to request that we get no ice in our pitchers of water and tea :)

In the summer dinking warm green tea, or if you don't want the caffeine, boil up some mung beans and drink the water from that. Both of these drinks are cooling without shocking the system with cold temperature. I actually think drinking warm/hot beverages all the time may be one of the reasons for the slender build of most Chinese (which is not as true for the younger generation who grew up on milk, soda, and processed junk food). One of the things Chinese Medicine believes about eating/drinking cold things is they will impair the digestive process and harm the stomach.

Cold drinks anytime are on my taboo list (except for beer & ale) All my teachers have warned against cold drinks.

Even in summer my sifu will sit in the class watching us sweat our asses off while drinking warm water or tea.

After practice juk, or rice porridge is a good idea as well. I like mine with roasted pork.

Sign in to follow this