Sign in to follow this  
TheGrayJediKnight

Question about Spiritual Cultivation, Internal Alchemy

Right now I have various practices in my Jedi Praxis, presently beginning Dragon Dao Yin as a stepping stone (foundation) for working up towards spiritual cultivation such as Internal Alchemy. As spiritual cultivation is concerned- for the goal of Immortality (release from transmigration into a Light Body, or obtaining the "Force Ghost" as it is called in the Jedi tradition), which is a better lineage?

Just trying to gather some data on the subject, kind of like asking what's your favorite food and why?

I have a training manual for Dzogchen ("Heart Drops of Dharmakaya") but I'm more inclined towards Internal Alchemy and have manuals from the Lotus Nei Gong school ("White Moon on the Mountain Peak") and the Mo Pai school ("Enter Mo Pai").

I have time to decide- but would like feedback on your thoughts of these schools and their practice?

Also, dare I ask about this Yellow Bamboo school I've seen on the Internet?

• Like 1

Well, you will not find a complete description of the Mo Pai method in any book. It is quite a controversial subject, which have had a number of nasty threads. 

Dzogchen would be an excellent choice, but you might want to attach yourself (but not your self) to a qualified teacher. 

Damo Mitchell's school is very accessable, so it might be a good start for building a foundation. 

• Like 1

The Light Body (IME) cannot be cultivated, but cultivation can be done to achieve said Gnosis. Metatron has an understanding of these mysteries. 

Maybe someone has heard of them...

Here is a link to the website for the Yellow Bamboo school

https://www.yellowbamboo.net/john_chow_yellow_bamboo_en.htm

Yellow Bamboo

Written by John Chow

What is Yellow Bamboo?

Yellow Bamboo is a path of spiritual/self development, healing, health, protection and white magic founded in Singaraja, the northern tip of Bali. It is a spiritual practice control one’s inner energy in order to manifest our spirit’s intention to develop, heal, help others, protection etc.

As a spiritual path of white magic leading human beings back to Tuhan (God), Yellow Bamboo relies on moral virtues, concentration/focus, and belief in Tuhan (God).

In general, Yellow Bamboo is concerned with acquiring the necessary meditative stability & concentration, focus, internal energy and spiritual power to bring about healing, protection, tranquillity, and whatever positive goal that is desired. It rapidly build health, self confidence, concentration, endurance and well being as well as many other practical benefits.

Human beings are very powerful and are limited only by the nature and strength of their beliefs. Yellow Bamboo entrusts the practitioner to the Almighty God who is without limitation.

Yellow Bamboo is a path of Tenaga Dalam (Internal Power – Nei Gong). This involves development of internal power via yogic breathing methods (pranayama) and meditative stabilisation to create inner calm, focus and strength of body, mind and spirit. Essentially, Yellow Bamboo combines internal power development with the spiritual force of Balinese mysticism.

In contrast to other spiritual paths, Yellow Bamboo produces results quickly. In as little as 2 or 3 days of intensive practice, practitioners can feel the energy as it grows in their bodies. Natural elements (Fire, Earth, Air, Water, Wood, Space) that exist in the world also exist within our human body, and Yellow Bamboo exercises nourish, stimulate, strengthen and increase them. With regular Yellow Bamboo practice, we can channel and control this energy for positive intentional goals.

One facet of Yellow Bamboo energy is the very powerful protective aspects which react with full force against anyone who is really intent on harming a protected person or property.

Being a spiritual practice of white magic, if someone uses Yellow Bamboo for negative intentions, it will either have no effect, or the energy will boomerang back on the practitioner. The power of Yellow Bamboo also can only be used when it is really needed, and can not be used for frivolous purposes such as tests, contests and challenges. When the practices of physical exercises, meditation and cleansing are carried out diligently the energy will automatically become available when it is required without need to summon it.

Yellow Bamboo practitioners must always be willing and ready to help people in suffering, need. or distress.

The benefit of Yellow Bamboo is to create the necessary power within you to achieve whatever positive goals you desire. Whether you desire self-realization, personal/professional/business/financial development, strength, confidence, success, greater self-esteem etc, Yellow Bamboo provides practical methods for easily and naturally achieving your outcomes.

Regular practice of the physical techniques, cleansing and meditation results in belief in the heart and mind that anything and everything is possible.

Once you begin to experience the unlimited force of Yellow Bamboo you can truly accomplish whatever you wish. One of the many benefits of the Yellow Bamboo is the immediate results you obtain actually while you are practicing.

The Yellow Bamboo program is a cohesive, step-by-step method of attaining spiritual and personal development. You will achieve more spiritual, personal, business and financial development in one month than in years of yoga and meditation.

Yellow Bamboo may have similarities with other spiritual traditions, in particular, Javanese mysticism, Majaphahit mysticism, Hinduism, Tibetan tantrism, Chi Kung (Qi Gong) and healing practices. Through meditation, prayer, visualisation, breath control, physical exercises and ritual, practitioners learn to transcend the mind and body.

Yellow Bamboo, although Hindu based due to Balinese culture, is flexible and open, and thus, does not impose any particular religion on its practitioners. There are Muslim, Christian and Buddhist practitioners of Yellow Bamboo

Yellow Bamboo has over 30,000 members worldwide. Because it requires a mature mind to practise, students generally must be above 16 years of age.

Written by John Chow

17 October 2004

This text is from http://www.yellowbamboohk.com/yellowbamboo/What_is_Yellow_Bamboo.html

To visit the Yellow Bamboo website of John Chow go to : http://www.yellowbamboohk.com

If you want to have a good laugh, find one of the yellow bamboo clips where people believe they can affect other peoples bodies with external qi, and fail. Usually ends with an ouch. 

Yes, there are practices that train that ability. Call it Lin Kong Jin, or Thunder Palms, or Poison Hands,, just to name some examples. 

Yeah I've seen some videos

and it is mentioned as Empty Force in Damo Mitchell's book, "White Moon on the Mountain Peak."

Also it has been brought up on topic years ago in Kosta Danaos' (now going by Kostas Dervenis) "Pammachon" Facebook group.

What is Cosmic Healing I, may I ask?

Edited by TheGrayJediKnight

8 minutes ago, TheGrayJediKnight said:

Theoretically how does one get a personal teacher in Dzogchen meditation without going all the way to Tibet, Nepal or India?

Tibetan diaspora has spread to a lot of places. Also Chinese Buddhists abroad sometimes support Tibetan dharma centers. Look for a Tibetan Buddhist center or meditation group near you, preferably Nyingma,  though there are non-Nyingma lamas who teach Dzogchen.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheGrayJediKnight said:

Theoretically how does one get a personal teacher in Dzogchen meditation without going all the way to Tibet, Nepal or India?

One excellent resource is my teacher, Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche.

Today begins his 2 week summer retreat on the Seven Mirrors of Dzogchen, a dzogchen text by Drenpa Namkha, a Bön master of the 8th century. The retreat is being held online and would be an excellent introduction to dzogchen and his teaching style. He also offers regular free teachings on Facebook and online teachings through Ligmincha International and Ligmincha Learning. His teachings are a bit on the progressive side, a bit more flexible than the traditional presentation. Nothing in substance is lost but he presents the material in a manner that tends to be more accessible to Western sensibilities and lifestyles.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, steve said:

One excellent resource is my teacher, Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche.

Today begins his 2 week summer retreat on the Seven Mirrors of Dzogchen, a dzogchen text by Drenpa Namkha, a Bön master of the 8th century. The retreat is being held online and would be an excellent introduction to dzogchen and his teaching style. He also offers regular free teachings on Facebook and online teachings through Ligmincha International and Ligmincha Learning. His teachings are a bit on the progressive side, a bit more flexible than the traditional presentation. Nothing in substance is lost but he presents the material in a manner that tends to be more accessible to Western sensibilities and lifestyles.

He sounds like someone to keep in mind, but for me right now I'm limited in computer time thanks to my personal situation, temporarily.

But I can keep him in mind for the possible future.

Is Dzogchen much different from Internal Alchemy in practice?

Right now I'm working on Dragon Dao Yin.

As well as occasional: Joy practices ("The Book of Joy"), Mindfulness, 6 Yogas of Naropa ("The Bliss of Inner Fire", Highest Yoga Tantra), Jedi Master practices, Utiseta trance ("Neolithic Shamanism") and various other techniques like Sun Meditation.

Edited by TheGrayJediKnight

Just now, TheGrayJediKnight said:

He sounds like someone to keep in mind, but for me right now I'm limited in computer time thanks to my personal situation, temporarily.

But I can keep him in mind for the possible future.

Is Dzogchen much different from Internal Alchemy in practice?

Right now I'm working on Dragon Dao Yin.

Yes, profoundly different although Internal Alchemy can mean a lot of different things.

I practiced Daoist alchemy for about 12 years and it naturally evolved into what was essentially dzogchen practice.

At that point I encountered my current teacher and embraced dzogchen in a more formal way. 

Much of Daoist Internal Alchemy practice (at least what I've encountered) is closer in nature to tantric Buddhist and Bön practice.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

Tibetan diaspora has spread to a lot of places. Also Chinese Buddhists abroad sometimes support Tibetan dharma centers. Look for a Tibetan Buddhist center or meditation group near you, preferably Nyingma,  though there are non-Nyingma lamas who teach Dzogchen.

Mahamudra from the Kagyu tradition is very similar to Dzogchen, which is found primarily in the Nyingma and Bön traditions.

Their methods differ a bit but the essence is comparable. 

• Like 1

On 20.6.2020 at 6:15 PM, TheGrayJediKnight said:

I have seen Lamas teach Mahmudra online. Maybe someone teaches Dzogchen too?

On 6/16/2020 at 10:33 PM, TheGrayJediKnight said:

Right now I have various practices in my Jedi Praxis, presently beginning Dragon Dao Yin as a stepping stone (foundation) for working up towards spiritual cultivation such as Internal Alchemy. As spiritual cultivation is concerned- for the goal of Immortality (release from transmigration into a Light Body, or obtaining the "Force Ghost" as it is called in the Jedi tradition), which is a better lineage?

If you are seriously interested in following a path all the way to light body, there is really no getting around long retreats and hard work doing practices that don't seem glamorous to you.  For instance, there are Tibetan Lamas (Westerners for that matter) who teach basic Dzogchen-inspired meditations designed for Westerners, but you will never get rainbow body that way - for that there is no getting around an isolated retreat where you do ngondro, creation, completion, rushan, and treckchod in that order all day every day for a long time before getting to thogal.  And that's just to get to thogal, after that you would have to do more retreats, and support for such retreats in the West is limited, so really going to Asia shouldn't be ruled out.  But there are real Lamas with online programs that could serve as an entry point.

As for Daoism, if you've read White Moon you know the higher levels of Daoism are no different.  I've never read any Mo Pai books, but they would have to be much better than their reputation leads me to believe they are to still seem interesting after reading Damo's books.  But then again Damo doesn't advertise himself as someone who can teach you to light things on fire with qi... I guess it's a question of, of all the powers or phenomena you could chase, are you really interested in spiritual cultivation, which is to let go of the self, above all?

• Like 3

I wonder whether your motivation is based on suffering since end of suffering means end of being uncomfortable thus no striving to get anywhere. End of suffering is a silent mind in my definition.

For a combination of things which are safe and shouldn't lead to instability (qi deviation) I would recommend Zhan Zhuang to start with along with a Taiji form for circulation purposes.

For end of suffering see Roger Castillo satsangs on YouTube.

This combination works both on the energy body and the psyche.

• Thanks 1

I am back. And I picked up teachings of Ngondro, 4 Yogas of Mahamudra among other things from Lamar Lena online and am now a Mahasiddha. It took some effort in cultivation but I got there. Thankfully Mahamudra is essentially simple, as Lamar Lena pointed out to me. I still need to take my Refuge vows though. Waiting for that. Thanks everyone.

5 hours ago, TheGrayJediKnight said:

I am back. And I picked up teachings of Ngondro, 4 Yogas of Mahamudra among other things from Lamar Lena online and am now a Mahasiddha. It took some effort in cultivation but I got there. Thankfully Mahamudra is essentially simple, as Lamar Lena pointed out to me. I still need to take my Refuge vows though. Waiting for that. Thanks everyone.

You are now a Mahasiddha? tell us more.

• Thanks 1

Well I accomplished Ngondro (prerequisites), then Mahamudra. I am an accomplished practitioner of Mahamudra, or Great Adept (yogi) as Mahasiddha means. I have realized the 4 Yogas of Mahamudra of this lineage.

Sign in to follow this