Sign in to follow this  
helpfuldemon

The Will is a trap

Hi.  I don't know where else to post so I'm going to post here because I know that a lot of the modern occult world is so focused on the Will.  I just wanted to say that there is no absolute Will of mankind, everyone finds their reason.  I think life is mostly about want and survival, with a lot of neglect to our safety.  I recall watching them build a large building in my town here and thinking how amazingly daring it is for mankind to try to do such things at such heights.  We naively believe in some kind of security but really we are at the mercy of the environment, and one another.  The environment we cannot really do anything about but the one another part we can.  I guess I am becoming very conservative in my age, where in my youth I was much more brash and daring- reckless in some ways, and inconsiderate in others.  I was never a harmful person, but I could have been more attentive to people's needs and where they were at in life.  I've since learned my lesson.  I don't do much now.  

The will is always to power..and managing power is what we do in our daily lives..

So therefore the will itself..is a trap..but that may not be a bad thing.. We are both free but trapped to exist with purpose and meaning for all of eternity..

So the degrees of power are experiences and opportunities that we will always have..the degrees of freedom as depth and effort that we express every day.. 

On 6/16/2020 at 10:16 PM, helpfuldemon said:

Hi.  I don't know where else to post so I'm going to post here because I know that a lot of the modern occult world is so focused on the Will.  I just wanted to say that there is no absolute Will of mankind, everyone finds their reason.  I think life is mostly about want and survival, with a lot of neglect to our safety.  I recall watching them build a large building in my town here and thinking how amazingly daring it is for mankind to try to do such things at such heights.  We naively believe in some kind of security but really we are at the mercy of the environment, and one another.  The environment we cannot really do anything about but the one another part we can.  I guess I am becoming very conservative in my age, where in my youth I was much more brash and daring- reckless in some ways, and inconsiderate in others.  I was never a harmful person, but I could have been more attentive to people's needs and where they were at in life.  I've since learned my lesson.  I don't do much now.  

I think you may have succumbed to some anti-will propaganda.  Being wilful isn't the same as being brash and harmful.  Social conditioning denigrates the wilful as being awkward and uncontrollable - because they want you to fit in - that is conform to some kind of rationalised version of how to behave.  This is usually based on social safety to protect the nervous and those made anxious by experiences that they have not yet understood.

Will in its true sense is action from pure unconditioned consciousness - truly free and without conceptually imposed limits.

• Like 2

As I understand it the will comes from the highest principle in us. The dharmakaya in buddhism; for example. It is not something that you focus or concentrate on a specific issue/content. It just is, in nothingness it lives and is.

Physically the will is expressed through the 5 senses. Go a small step up and you have the astral shi shen. It boosts the senses again...sensory deprivation tanks, similar thing. Yoga nidra. The idea sleep being similar to the death.

I do not think it is just to look at your life to analyses the will. The secret of will is a great yogic secret which remains a secret to the public today. If you don't believe me we do not have a clear direct builder of willpower that works for everybody anytime anywhere in a repeatable fashion. Because we do not understand it, we are not yet capable of quantifying it.

(you posted in occult section, I hope I'm not off to your topic)

What do you think is the source of Will?  The closest I can come is that its in the root Chakra and is linked to lust.  I dont think the heart is the center of Will, but I think it has a Will and is guided by the mind.  Its not the stomach, but the stomach supplies a motive to use Will.  Will is lower, I believe.  Actually, I think the Will is the whole body working in unison.

Edited by helpfuldemon

Sign in to follow this