Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

Jumping on the Vegan Bandwagon

I'm using this diet plan to get back to my ideal weight of 30 years ago, lower my risk for heart disease,  have more energy and eat as if the planet mattered. I have 90 days till my 60th birthday and plan to lose one pound a week.  Anyone who feels similarly inclined is free to join me; it's always easier when it's a group effort. 

Daily Plant-Based Nutrition Guide Running on Real Food.pdf

• Like 3

Week #1 -

lost a single pound, nothing to rave about, but my skin condition, some sort of eczema, completely cleared up.  My appetite came way down also.  This is huge for me since I've had a bad over-eating habit for at least forty years.  The steady consumption of smaller, healthy meals kept my energy level pretty even - no crashing - and the simple joy of momentum and actually following through with the plan is growing.

I've come to believe that any psychological attribute you want to achieve must be pursued in concert with the physical.  A warrior body requires a warrior mind.  I've talked this theory up a tree; now is the time to walk my talk.

Daily Plant-Based Nutrition Guide Running on Real Food (1).pdf

Daily-Plant-Based-Nutrition-Guide-Running-on-Real-Food (1).jpg

Edited by Encephalon
mistake

In my experience, quite a number types of inflammations result from food allergies. Perhaps you eliminated some allergen from you previous diet and this is why your skin condition improved.

• Like 1

Well, as is my custom... 

After posting positive data yesterday, I had a small attack, ended up in my pantry, grabbed a small handful of organic chocolate chips in one hand and a small serving of walnuts in the other and crammed both into my pie hole.  Then I did it again.  

And this morning?  My face broke out in app. 13 pimples, a rash the likes of which I haven't seen in years. 

So, if there's my incontrovertible truth... sugar is EVIL.:angry:

"In my experience, quite a number types of inflammations result from food allergies. Perhaps you eliminated some allergen from you previous diet and this is why your skin condition improved."

Yes indeed.

sugar is horrible for health. 

When I started to cut it out of my diet and hence began checking labels on foods, it was stunning how many foods it's added to... how many foods I had to give up if I truly wanted it out of me.

It was also stunning how strong my body's reaction to it is and the addictiveness of it.

Lights up the same areas of the brain as cocaine does and is so prevalent in health issues in the West, because it's not only socially accepted, it's woven into our socializing, family meals and reward scenarios as children.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Encephalon said:

Well, as is my custom... 

After posting positive data yesterday, I had a small attack, ended up in my pantry, grabbed a small handful of organic chocolate chips in one hand and a small serving of walnuts in the other and crammed both into my pie hole.  Then I did it again.  

And this morning?  My face broke out in app. 13 pimples, a rash the likes of which I haven't seen in years. 

So, if there's my incontrovertible truth... sugar is EVIL.:angry:

Best way is to remove any prohibited items from your home. This way, even if you feel a strong urge, you will end up over-eating something that is allowed in your dietary plan. 

I stopped buying bread over three years ago, for example. I'll only eat bread at a restaurant or at someone else's home, if I have to.

Also, they say it takes about 21 days to break a habit (or form new ones). Stay strong in the beginning, and sugar cravings will dissipate very quickly. 

I am a man who likes his apple pie. The other day, my fiancee made a surprise and brought some home knowing that I like it very much. I didn't feel like eating it. We almost had a fight about it so I had to compromise and eat some pie. I didn't enjoy it at all and resented my fiancee for putting me on the spot like that. So, as silent thunder mentioned things get difficult socially sometimes, and compromises have to be made. But I suggest remaining steadfast and strong in the beginning. Compromises can wait :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this