Sign in to follow this  
Sanity Check

Has Anyone Heard Of Mak Jo Si

I watched some of the videos in this channel as well as the alternate channel Tin Yat Dragon Taoism. They were very interesting.

Are there places offering similar content and explanations without having to spend years learning fundamentals?

Atm I'm only interested in theory. I know there are health and wellness applications that do work. Many teachings seem questionable which makes me hesitant to practice anything until I have a better idea of what I'm getting into.

• Haha 2

Hey welcome @Sanity Check.

I like the Tin Yat TV Show. It's fun and informative. You can tell he enjoys the subject a lot. Just beware that he definitely does things his own way, and might not always line up with more established taoism teachings and practice.

Beyond that I will not comment on his lineage because I don't look into it much. He used to be a member here over ten years ago, and there seemed to be some bad blood. A few people say that he has been a great help. Others consider him to be a deluded scammer, corrupt and dangerous to get involved with.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Mak+tin|jo+si+site:thedaobums.com

Edited by Nintendao
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sanity Check said:

Are there places offering similar content and explanations without having to spend years learning fundamentals?

Lately my favorite is the "Scholar Sage Podcast" and associated Q&A from https://www.youtube.com/user/LotusNeiGong/videos

I feel like i'm trying to be a spokesperson for this channel, I refer to it so much :lol:. There's just a lot of really solid information in an easy to understand and approachable format. New material. It's the same teacher that Welcomer mentioned is offering a free course.

• Like 4

I found this thread with some good dialog from an insider.

Over the years since then they seem to have gotten even more structured, and purged some of the nasty forces that may have latched on earlier in the development.

I remember one of the youtube episodes, he goes in depth about why a lot of people end up going mad when they start practicing meditation a lot. People tend to want to open themselves up to any and all experiences, not realizing that there's plenty of stuff they really do not want getting into their system. Just like we need skin to protect our organs from bacteria, and firewalls to keep servers from being hacked. ..wonder how he learned that! ;) 

Mak Jo Si is enthusiastic with what he does. He is a controversial personality on this board. He has a loyal following and a loyal opposition.

He has cut out a niche for himself. One person's "scammer" is another person's "pioneer"

I check in on his channel occasionally and find it entertaining.

The last time I know of him appearing on the forum was 6 or 7 years ago. I was a mod at the time and there were reports coming in over a thread or 2 he was involved with.

The interactions I had with him then were cordial and respectful..

Later he posted a video on his channel calling The Dao Bums "a bunch of mind fucks"

:lol:

If Tin Yat Daoism resonates with you, I suggest following his YouTube channel and contacting him there,

• Like 2

Not related to Tin Yat at all, but on the subject of eccentric altar-oriented practitioners, @Lord Josh Allen comes to mind! Several of his youtubes have cool historical reference as well as extensive personal anecdotes.

• Like 1

Sanity Check:

Mak is a definite fake, but that should be quite obvious from his videos and comments, etc. anyway. :) 

You definitely want to avoid Mak. Please see my comment linked below where I recap some of Mak's sleazy history in my comment about Wilson Yong: 

Edited by Iskote
  • Like 2

On 6/16/2020 at 8:56 AM, Sanity Check said:

Atm I'm only interested in theory.

Hi Sanity Check,

You cannot be only interested in theory. It must be verified/clarified/demystified/... with practice.

Sexual theory - how many? whose?......................... th?id=OIP.pxR2GRZXviTNAtiYodQOOQHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&w=237&h=179

Sexual practice ~ a standalone embrace of Yin & Yang in the case of Taoism...as intended in Nature.

It is the first time I have come across the video. I stopped at 9/57:30. Why?

It is loud/jarring/insulting... to Taoism as a philosophy.

I wonder how he masterbates ~ if there is not a typo error.

His explanation does not pass muster..................................th?id=OIP.0uDELQIb404HeqXx8W2sGwCdEs&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

My sexual practice is mine alone ~ when my mind copulates with my body. Yes/no?

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement

This is totally a scam, the guy has an extremely bad health both physical (it looks to me as he has massive worm infestation inside) and mental, whatever he is doing is no art, but is clown fest.

I would suggest to avoid anyone who likes those videos or associates themselves with this "school" as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi Sanity Check,

You cannot be only interested in theory. It must be verified/clarified/demystified/... with practice.

No need for verification. I know some of it is real.

28 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

There is no cookie cutter system. Each of us are free to find their own path, build their own curriculum. Each step along the path will yield lessons to be learned. 

Edited by zerostao

44 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

Hi Sanity Check,

If some is real ~ then what some other(s) is not real?

On 6/16/2020 at 8:56 AM, Sanity Check said:

I'm only interested in theory.

So what is the theory?

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement

12 minutes ago, zerostao said:

Each step along the path will yield lessons to be learned. 

Hi zerostao,

Each moment changes and nothing is permanent?

- Anand

1 minute ago, Limahong said:

Hi zerostao,

Each moment changes and nothing is permanent?

- Anand

Change is nature's way of keeping us from stagnating.

5 minutes ago, zerostao said:

Change is nature's way of keeping us from stagnating.

Hi zerostao,

Stagnant water breeds mosquitoes...

Mosquito-larva.gif

Unhealthy?

- Anand

42 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi zerostao,

Stagnant water breeds mosquitoes...

Mosquito-larva.gif

Unhealthy?

- Anand

Healthy for the mosquitoes 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, zerostao said:

Healthy for the mosquitoes

Are you a mosquito - theoretically?

mosquito-gif-9.gif

I am going to sleep under a mosquito net.

Good night.

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement

1 minute ago, Limahong said:

Are you a mosquito - theoretically?

mosquito-gif-9.gif

Certainly not by my theory.

Hence, that is why I admire Nature's way of changes,

which prevents stagnation.

Just because I am unaffected by mosquitoes, ain't been bit by one since, well can't remember when, doesn't mean I'm pro mosquito.

Really, haven't had a personal reason to think about them.

Ticks, also, and chiggers, haven't had any come near me in years. Of course I am out in the woods frequently where one would think I'd encounter them but I dont.

Butterflies and dragonflies do fly close to me. They dont bite me either.

1 hour ago, Limahong said:

Hi Sanity Check,

If some is real ~ then what some other(s) is not real?

So what is the theory?

- Anand

The existence of different sects of taoism shows even they don't agree with each other about everything.

Theory is for those who are interested in the topic. Who don't envision themselves spending 20 years meditating to develop the full real world application.

Edited by Sanity Check
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Sanity Check said:

The existence of different sects of taoism shows even they don't agree with each other about everything.

No one size that fits all?

19 hours ago, Sanity Check said:

Theory is for those who are interested in the topic.

Theory is for those who are interested in the topic.... in practice?

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement

On 16/06/2020 at 5:36 PM, zerostao said:

The Dao Bums "a bunch of mind fucks"

I am still butt-hurt from this.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this