waterdrop

drinking water with food - bad ? why ? how bad is it ?

3 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Fascinating, the unsubtle difference between childlike playfulness

and childish petulance.

The bad man is the good man's teacher!

17 minutes ago, Song of the Dao said:

Ugh, projection? Really? Ha! Going with that new age trope?

She tapped out and it is my spontaneity that caused it. It was not my intention, I wanted to see if she could roll along with me, but she needs the control.

Ok,

So she either agreed with you, and betrayed herself in the process, continued to defend what she had shared at the request of an individual with actual interest in what was shared, or threw up her hands and walked away?

She doesn’t give in, and then you present it as about her need for control?

Over a topic you acknowledged not wanting to contribute to, and admittedly find to be vulgar?

I would call this persistence, not spontaneity. And that it appears to have become individually focused bordering on harassment with the sheer persistence of what in this moment looks like an intentional derailing of a thread...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Another one I do regularly is orange peel in hot water. This is apparently good for cooling the system. Or satsuma, which I have right now....and still, it's 29°C here today.

• Like 1

I'm drinking some coffee now,  having it black with a bit of cinnamon in it.   From a Westerner viewpoint its a good source of anti-oxidants, from an Eastern it's a bitter thats stimulating bile and the digestion, something Western diets generally don't have enough of. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I'm drinking some coffee now,  having it black with a bit of cinnamon in it.   From a Westerner viewpoint its a good source of anti-oxidants, from an Eastern it's a bitter thats stimulating bile and the digestion, something Western diets generally don't have enough of. 

I still ice my coffee before drinking it on the porch - where it quickly becomes luke warm. Just the way I like it. 

I lightly ice my coffee as well, just to take the edge off.

Enjoying some as I type this...

Always recall my Dad moving ice chips from his water glass to his coffee with his spoon on our Saturday Morning Breakfasts together.

• Like 1

My mom was always on the hunt for the hottest coffee.  Sending back cups that weren't hot enough and frequently needing refills with hotter.  She seemed to like it near boiling.  Whereas I'll have a cup and nurse it throughout the day, moving through hot, warm and luke warm.. enjoying each phase.   

Started doing this at work, where they make horrific stuff they call coffee, but is more suited for degreasing machinery...

I fill my thermos in the morning and drink that, then add hot water to it, to recharge the heat and refill it throughout the day.

By the afternoon I'm drinking straight hot water with a hint of coffee to it.

I drink coffee infrequently and often nurse it until it’s cold. I like it like that. I usually take chamomile or turmeric tea to work in a big clear cup and people ask if I’m drinking urine...

Edited by steve
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, steve said:

I drink coffee infrequently and often nurse it until it’s cold. I like it like that. I usually take chamomile or turmeric tea to work in a big clear cup and people ask if I’m drinking urine...

Hibiscus and Chamomile for the win.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1