forestofemptiness

Damo Mitchell Free MCO Course

4 hours ago, freeform said:

I think like many, @Indiken may be mistaking outward appearances with actual spiritual cultivation.

leftover cultural conditioning from the hippy era.

These people get easily drawn in by topknots and manicured false modesty.

What they don’t realise is that their reactivity to materiality - possessions, money, cars or outfits is a form of inner clinging… exactly what they profess to be against - but end up mired in through aversion.

comment removed because it’s being ignored due to everyone else focused on the bickering over Damo...

Edited by Earl Grey

19 minutes ago, freeform said:

And that makes you more spiritual? 

It might be helpful to investigate why you feel that way.

i am sorry, i do not know what is spirit or spiritual or how can one be more spiritual.

i do not know what causes feelings.

Can you say what causes feelings?

1 hour ago, Piyadasi said:

I think if you're genuinely curious, literally just train with him. It's never been easier with the Academy. People had to work way harder in the olden days, just to get some basic training. It's worth reading about the early day struggles of the old masters.

What is both mind boggling and sad is that the ones who are trying to criticise him neither understand what he teaches, nor have experienced any of it...Yet all of a sudden they become "experts" when in fact their opinion isn't really relevant.This manifests in two ways...the typical...my neigong is right, his is not....or else.....his is not and I know of better ones.

Neither are valid criticisms....and I have yet to see a genuine valid criticism of him on this board (and I'll most likely be waiting).

But its equally funny and sad to see peoples egos flaunted, especially when their cognitive biases and predispositions have them conditioned to the level where the focal point of their concentration and understanding is no longer dynamic, but rather, static.

Damo's students know the story with his teachings via experience, and of his ability if they've trained in person with him (the public know very little of his actual ability, and one can see why). 

Equally valid are ones who come from similar lineages (inner door students) who  can attest to their authenticity, safety and ability to progress individuals along the path of neigong and neidan.

That is whats important in the grand scheme....the rest, and I say this respectfully, is just noise

Edited by Shadow_self
  • Like 1

Well, if anyone is trying to dissuade from or persuade people into studying with Damo, the back and forth here is certainly making me wish I don't hear Damo's name anymore, whether in praise or in criticism, because it's getting exhausting. 

• Like 1

If one's practice does not make them kinder, more compassionate, and tolerant then I am not interested in their practice. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Indiken said:

i am sorry, i do not know what is spirit or spiritual or how can one be more spiritual.

i do not know what causes feelings.

Can you say what causes feelings?

oh ok.

Yeah the majority of feelings come from what’s commonly called the Acquired Mind.

It basically means every life experience, relationship, and internal condition creates an imprint on you and generates your identity - your acquired mind.

All your emotions, feelings, thoughts and reactions are produced by or filtered through this combination of stuff you’ve accumulated.

The acquired mind helps you navigate the world by making you react to things in an automatic way based on your life experiences.

This reactivity is useful to an extent - but it is exactly what keeps your spirit hidden. It’s what stops you seeping deeper into things and experiencing things as they are.

My friend’s grandma hates the internet. She watched a news item about how some elderly people got scammed on the internet. Ever since then she’s against it. She thinks it’s the downfall of mankind. My friend works online - and she hates it - keeps telling him he’s wasting his life and causing suffering in the world. Even when things are explained to her, she ignores, misunderstands and translates what she hears into something that confirms her feelings about the internet.

Some feelings come from a deeper place than the acquired mind… but on their journey from the depths into consciousness they invariably meet and becomes contaminated by it. By the time they come out into the open, they’re nothing like what they started with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, freeform said:

I didn’t examine them - felt a bit rude to start poking around in people’s bellies when you’ve just met them! 😂 

And the people I met were not his most senior students - yet what they described of their training was essentially the formation of the physical Dantien.

I remember Damo talking about the physical Dantien too.

I will be frank. I don't believe they had it and i don't think Damo has it either. If he does have it he isn't doing Neidan for some reason.

As I told you in the PM the guy describes fa qi perfectly but that does not necessarily mean that he doesn't cheat somehow as you suspect. Damo has the background to delude people into thinking they have the LDT formed.

I respect your opinion but i have inside information on his course and know that it isn't good.

Edited by Zork
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zork said:

I will be frank. I don't believe they had it and i don't think Damo has it either.

ok :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, freeform said:

ok :) 

Remember the key word is believe. :)

10 minutes ago, Zork said:

I  have inside information on his course and know that it isn't good.

Three years ago you came on here and wrote this

The reasoning behind "I don't believe i can contribute somehow in your conversations" is that i am a novice and there is no point in me debating with more advanced practitioners.

You are now here publicly calling out someone as a fraud, who only has a couple of decades worth of cultivation experience more than you

To say this speaks volumes....would be an understatement...

15 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Three years ago you came on here and wrote this

The reasoning behind "I don't believe i can contribute somehow in your conversations" is that i am a novice and there is no point in me debating with more advanced practitioners.

You are now here publicly calling out someone as a fraud, who only has a couple of decades worth of cultivation experience more than you

To say this speaks volumes....would be an understatement...

Appealing to authority is one of the major logical fallacies that plague the internet. Ad Hominem is another fallacy. Instead of attacking the argument which you can't, you are attacking the person.

When I look at Damo's course I see some good stuff mingled with a ton of sawdust.

You literally need to dig through the chaff to get at the good stuff.

41 minutes ago, Zork said:

Remember the key word is believe. :)

I know - can’t argue with that - that’s why it’s ok :) 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 6:48 PM, Feng69 said:

And that made me questioning why he looks like a man in his beginning 40s ( what he IS) and not younger. Looking  both older and new clips from him, one can see that he becomes older like everyone else. So I can't see this rejuvenateing effect of many years of training Neidan. Why not after practicing so long? 

I follow Damo's IG for quite some time.  I compare his photos from 2016 to now.  He does age and put on quite a bit of weight in the last 5 years.

Reverse aging is quite a big subject.   There are exercises to improve one's appearance.   Generally the aim is to return to pre-puberty.  Neidanists are more concerned in prolonging their lives than rejuvenation.  Damo ages a bit and it is acceptable.  If he ages a lot, then you are right to have questionmark.

1 hour ago, Zork said:

When I look at Damo's course I see some good stuff mingled with a ton of sawdust.

It is because Damo is too long-winded.  I saw 2 of his video.  He talks so much.  It is good for someone who has no idea of the whole thing or from a very different background. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zork said:

Appealing to authority is one of the major logical fallacies that plague the internet. Ad Hominem is another fallacy. Instead of attacking the argument which you can't, you are attacking the person.

You speak as if speaking from a position of knowledge....I merely provided your own words that you wrote recently enough, as an indicator of said knowledge, and said it was pretty telling (which it is, in terms of criticism)

So it isn't that I'm saying you lack knowledge, or are a novice...you said that yourself ( therefore not a personal attack). Moreover..Im not appealing to any authority...I'm merely contrasting....Im not screaming "but Damo said"...I'm just saying you called yourself a person who lacked knowledge and a novice..and you also said Damo had the knowledge/skill to trick people (notice you said he had knowledge...knowledge you said you lack)

These are all your own words....So no logical fallacies here my friend.......you may want to re-evaluate your use of the terms

You are free to hold any belief you wish, Its not my loss or gain...

However, publicly bashing a teacher and his students...that requires strong evidence...…evidence which I have yet to see...it also requires knowledge....knowledge which you admitted above you do not have (and that is just general cultivation knowledge....not Longmen/Quanzhen specific, which is what you'd actually need). There's only one person on this board I know with that kind of knowledge.....and you literally told that person you don't believe them.....which again is fine...you're welcome to believe whatever you wish.

But....In the spirit of fairness....here's what we can do, why don't you outline and explain exactly what you call "sawdust" and we can examine that :)

Moreover, you should also outline your own teacher and practices...seeing as you are so badly trying to put others under the spotlight....I feel it is only fair you mention what it is you feel is so superior...and why :)

Edited by Shadow_self

I work in a non-glamorous part of the film industry.

There are various departments for various types of work on a film set.

The audio department has something nicknamed “butt plug” which is a transmitter that butts up against the microphone.

The grip department has something nicknamed “butt plug” which is a thick cylindrical metal stand adapter.

Now imagine it is your first day working as a production assistant on set and you get the call on your radio “Hey run to the truck and grab me a butt plug.” You might think of a third context for that term and wonder what kind of film set you are working on, right?

Nomenclature isn’t necessarily universal, even in our concept oriented English. And it definitely isn’t in the much more function oriented Chinese use of language. One group's dantian is another group's xiatien is another group's xiao huandan and it may be called something else in the next stage of practice or if it has a different kind of qi, or it may be an object in this group or a function in another etc, etc.

We sit around for years debating concepts we think are universal and have essence because that's what the Greeks taught us to do millennia ago. But It ends up being pretty pointless with this stuff. 

Personally, at this point I'm only interested in only using the right butt plug for the task at hand.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Uncle Fester said:

I work in a non-glamorous part of the film industry.

There are various departments for various types of work on a film set.

The audio department has something nicknamed “butt plug” which is a transmitter that butts up against the microphone.

The grip department has something nicknamed “butt plug” which is a thick cylindrical metal stand adapter.

Now imagine it is your first day working as a production assistant on set and you get the call on your radio “Hey run to the truck and grab me a butt plug.” You might think of a third context for that term and wonder what kind of film set you are working on, right?

Nomenclature isn’t necessarily universal, even in our concept oriented English. And it definitely isn’t in the much more function oriented Chinese use of language. One group's dantian is another group's xiatien is another group's xiao huandan and it may be called something else in the next stage of practice or if it has a different kind of qi, or it may be an object in this group or a function in another etc, etc.

We sit around for years debating concepts we think are universal and have essence because that's what the Greeks taught us to do millennia ago. But It ends up being pretty pointless with this stuff. 

Personally, at this point I'm only interested in only using the right butt plug for the task at hand.

There are also people who use the same terms and think they have the same thing. One guy insisted he had fajin, I saw a video of him, and by our criteria, he doesn’t. By his criteria, we take too long to do what he believes he can do in 1-3 years.

When we meet individuals like him and show them our fajin, they tend to shut up after they realize we’re not talking about the same thing done differently, they just don’t have what they were certain that they had.

Same goes with a friend who can faqi and a doctor I know who treats people this way In Singapore: everyone is a critic or expert until the real thing comes.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, Master Logray said:

I follow Damo's IG for quite some time.  I compare his photos from 2016 to now.  He does age and put on quite a bit of weight in the last 5 years.

Reverse aging is quite a big subject.   There are exercises to improve one's appearance.   Generally the aim is to return to pre-puberty.  Neidanists are more concerned in prolonging their lives than rejuvenation.  Damo ages a bit and it is acceptable.  If he ages a lot, then you are right to have questionmark.

Thank you for your reply. That's what I wanted to know. 

I like reading his books and he seems to be a man with big knowledge about the internal arts. 

Best wishes 

On 16/10/2021 at 8:18 PM, Master Logray said:

It is because Damo is too long-winded.  I saw 2 of his video.  He talks so much.  It is good for someone who has no idea of the whole thing or from a very different background. 

The problem is that the whole course is structured like that and that you can't access anything new until a week has passed. There are cases where he has split a qigong system in 3 parts and you get part 1 and 2 in two successive weeks and part 3, 7-8 weeks later!

You get a lot of superfluous nonsense* just to keep you occupied and feel that the money you paid was worth it.

Hint: The course isn't worth it. The course is designed to be a money sink. Good luck talking to Damo or his senior student by the way if you want to ask questions.....

I also agree on your observation: his course is good only for beginners. It is a waste of time and money if you are intermediate or advanced (But hey if you are advanced you wouldn't be studying under Damo would you? Rather than somewhere in China or Taiwan?)

*For example there is something called Ya Sheng Fa which has parts like preparing for the day, preparing for bed, etc which are separate lessons that are the teachings of the whole week!

• Like 1

As a last piece of advice to complete beginners: Do not mistake sensations on the LDT as signs of progress!

Sensations are normal when you move your yi to your LDT because Qi follows YI.

So when qi goes to the LDT you will notice something happening but in itself this doesn't mean anything. This is normal and expected.

I suspect that the real reason behind the masters of old keeping the milestones as school secrets, was that it is very easy to delude yourself once you know what signs to look for.

Edited by Zork

3 hours ago, Zork said:

The problem is that the whole course is structured like that and that you can't access anything new until a week has passed. There are cases where he has split a qigong system in 3 parts and you get part 1 and 2 in two successive weeks and part 3, 7-8 weeks later!

This is probably a counter measure.  Some people would pay for 1 month subscription and download the whole lot.  Then sometime later he may pay for another month and download another course.   But not everyone follow or want to follow this kind of time table.  Some part of it may be not important or not achievable and people would like to skip those.   Those with some experiences would be irritated. 

• Like 1

@Zork - it sounds to me like you’re hungry for information but you don’t actually practice what you learn? I might be wrong - but you show all the hallmarks of that.

Show me your training schedule and I’ll show you what you’ll get out of your training.

46 minutes ago, Master Logray said:

Those with some experiences would be irritated. 

You’ll be surprised how often I’ve had people with decades of experience and the resulting self confidence who have achieved nothing because they haven’t even managed to sink their Qi. 

The ones who consider themselves advanced tend to do the worst when they come into a genuine school in my experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, freeform said:

@Zork - it sounds to me like you’re hungry for information but you don’t actually practice what you learn? I might be wrong - but you show all the hallmarks of that

Let me politely say that if you were a psychic asking for money, i wouldn't pay you, because you are way off :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Master Logray said:

This is probably a counter measure.  Some people would pay for 1 month subscription and download the whole lot.  Then sometime later he may pay for another month and download another course.   But not everyone follow or want to follow this kind of time table.  Some part of it may be not important or not achievable and people would like to skip those.   Those with some experiences would be irritated. 

This still doesn't make sense because you only need 3-5 of those lessons just to advance. The teacher is there to guide you. You don't need courses. you need guidance.

If you mean that it is done for revenue purposes, i agree.

Edited by Zork
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, freeform said:

You’ll be surprised how often I’ve had people with decades of experience and the resulting self confidence who have achieved nothing because they haven’t even managed to sink their Qi. 

The ones who consider themselves advanced tend to do the worst when they come into a genuine school in my experience.

You have a point.  But we are talking about Damo.  If he depends solely on novices and beginners, he would have been teaching English or having other part time jobs to subsidize his living.  The non-beginners is just a big market that cannot be ignored.    Everyone stucks somewhere,  and very much want to find out why they are stuck if not able to do from their existing channels, or out of curiosity or the urge to refine technique, an online teacher is invaluable.  They don't have to abandon their existing teachers and may be able to show off among other students.  It is like a school kid goes for private tuition.  These people have different requirements from beginners.  This is a business issue, not cultivation.  

11 minutes ago, Zork said:

If you mean that it is done for revenue purposes, i agree.

Yes, revenue protection purpose.

• Like 1