forestofemptiness

Damo Mitchell Free MCO Course

16 minutes ago, johndoe2012 said:

If you want to look younger try Flying Phoenix qigong.

It even has a free meditation on YouTube by GM Doo Wai. For grey hair reversal it probably requires hours of meditation per day but for reversing wrinkles and other minor things it doesn't need that long per day.

Actually, the grey hair and wrinkle reversal only requires you to do 2 of the Vol. 7 meditations, or 3 if you want to be sure, and they are the second, third, and fourth meditation on that volume. The first two are the most important for this effect, and the third works on the same thing, just to a lesser extent. 

It doesn't require hours--maybe 20-30 minutes if done at a good pace daily. 

• Like 2

I´m not so impressed by people who can turn their grey hairs black or shoot qi out of their hands.  What impresses me is someone who doesn´t feel the need to fight on the internet.  That´s how I judge.  I´ve read that Damo is a member of this forum and yet I don´t see him here defending himself and raising a ruckus, so I figure he must be alright.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, liminal_luke said:

I´m not so impressed by people who can turn their grey hairs black or shoot qi out of their hands.  What impresses me is someone who doesn´t feel the need to fight on the internet.  That´s how I judge.  I´ve read that Damo is a member of this forum and yet I don´t see him here defending himself and raising a ruckus, so I figure he must be alright.

A story: 

A man was interviewed because he had lived to the age of 110 and had looked much, much younger, was in pristine health, of sound mind, and very active. A news reporter came to ask him what his secret was. 

The man replied, "Oh, simple: I don't contradict others and argue."

The reporter said, "That can't possibly be it."

The man said, "Yes, you're correct."

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

8 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

A story: 

A man was interviewed because he had lived to the age of 110 and had looked much, much younger, was in pristine health, of sound mind, and very active. A news reporter came to ask him what his secret was. 

The man replied, "Oh, simple: I don't contradict others and argue."

The reporter said, "That can't possibly be it."

The man said, "Yes, you're correct."

i think that merely by speaking and writing, one already contradicts and argues

3 minutes ago, Indiken said:

i think that merely by speaking and writing, one already contradicts and argues

Yes, you're correct. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Indiken said:

Hello, Zork.

What are your achievements with cultivation?

If your are so interested about Damo, go ask himself personally and try his methods. This way i think you will change your opinion to knowledge.

To me Damo just looks like an average guy. He is a little shy, calm. From my perspective there are too much stuff, like statues, flowers, symbols, paintings in public videos and so on...

Why would I? Seriously why should i consider joining? The methods I use are not compatible with his teachings.

And this isn't a "my neigong is better than yours" thread. I never said anything like this nor implied it.

All i did is ask How many of his students already have an LDT. It seems that most of his die-hard fans know none.

So the certainty that his teachings lead somewhere is puzzling.

I am ok with it as long as they acknowledge that they are making a leap of faith based on the charisma of Damo and his theoretical background.

As a person Damo is ok. At least that is what I get out of two videos of his that  i have ever watched.

He is definitely better than Chia, Clyman and other idiots who have not done any proper training.

Still his methods are questionable.

Freeform's undocumented case is the first time i have heard that he has students with an physical LDT.

So naturally i am sceptical and talking to him or joining his group won't help solve this.

Damo seems to have a lot of theoretical knowledge but less power and skill.

PS. Do not ever make the mistake of not looking at a teacher's senior students!

They are the people that he wants around him and the personalities that he is more inclined to like and this is reciprocal.

So if you spot ANY character trait that you don't like, do a U-turn and never look back.

This must happen for skill too. If you see any teacher of martial arts that doesn't have really skilled senior students then the system is about teacher worshipping or some other equally bad activity.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, freeform said:

An ‘active’ Dantien - not so rare.

I don't often find myself disagreeing with you but this is one instance I have to. Out of thousands and thousands of people I have met over the years visiting various masters, only 1 has ever had an active dantian when he arrived by the standards of Master Jiang and masters of similar level and ability.

3 hours ago, Indiken said:

when you spontaneously start getting electric shocks and your LDT starts moving and pulling you in all sorts of weird ways...and  heavy zifagong starts

Again, I have met many people who talked about these experiences and none of them had any dantian cultivation as per the above teachers when they came over.

Being moved around by their dantians, someone else being able to control their movement by linking to their dantians, themselves linking their dantians to objects and being pulled closer through the force of the dantian. Very interesting sounding stories, but they were told, nope, no dantian activation or cultivation.

There is certainly a difference in what is meant in different neigong lineages when talking about dantian activation and cultivation. It's not all the same and definitely doesn't lead to the same internal development long term.

I am completely neutral in this thread btw, just wanted to explain that the same word doesn't mean the same thing in these arts unfortunately.

Edited by 小梦想
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, 小梦想 said:

There is certainly a difference in what is meant in different neigong lineages when talking about dantian activation and cultivation. It's not all the same and definitely doesn't lead to the same internal development long term.

Yup - I suspect there’s different definitions - which is fine.

What I call an active Dantien is one that is mobilising Qi through the body. Usually happens pretty quickly for young, healthy people. It’s not a big deal, but an important step. Someone having spontaneous movements for instance has what I would call an active Dantien.

I wouldn’t call it a ‘cultivated Dantien’.  

Obviously your teacher has a different definition for what ‘activated’ means.

A reasonably cultivated Dantien becomes a physical, hard shape in the abdomen - it can vibrate, move, twist (physically)… sometimes releases currents of electric Qi when pressed (at first in your own belly, but eventually in the one pressing, when certain conditions are met). The belly goes soft and the physical ball shape disappears when the yang Qi deactivates.

From what I remember Damo talked about this phenomenon somewhere too.

• Like 1

I spent a while on Damo's online academy learning his taiji. The neigong was there too, as well as bagua, but I didn't ever get into either at the time.

I will say I think a teacher like him is extremely rare in the west. Someone who offers such a practical, down to earth approach to these esoteric arts, to so many people, all the while engaging daily with students through a Facebook group and answering questions in as clear and honest a way as possible, is really as much as you could ever ask for in a teacher. 

He's a great guy, doesn't take himself too seriously, but has such obvious care and consideration for his students. 

Honestly, you can believe that what he's teaching is a legitimate path or not (I strongly believe it is), but don't bash the guy. He's doing brilliant work in spreading and preserving these arts, and from what I see on the FB group, has already benefitted the lives of many of his students. 

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Vajra Fist said:

I spent a while on Damo's online academy learning his taiji. The neigong was there too, as well as bagua, but I didn't ever get into either at the time.

I will say I think a teacher like him is extremely rare in the west. Someone who offers such a practical, down to earth approach to these esoteric arts, to so many people, all the while engaging daily with students through a Facebook group and answering questions in as clear and honest a way as possible, is really as much as you could ever ask for in a teacher. 

He's a great guy, doesn't take himself too seriously, but has such obvious care and consideration for his students. 

Honestly, you can believe that what he's teaching is a legitimate path or not (I strongly believe it is), but don't bash the guy. He's doing brilliant work in spreading and preserving these arts, and from what I see on the FB group, has already benefitted the lives of many of his students. 

well, i might be wrong, but he is selling his knowledge and students are his customers.

10 minutes ago, Indiken said:

well, i might be wrong, but he is selling his knowledge and students are his customers.

There are plenty of qigong teachers selling "knowledge" in the form of a video package of several hours long, for double what Damo charges for a year tuition, without a proper framework for learning or a single concern for student safety. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, johndoe2012 said:

If you want to look younger try Flying Phoenix qigong.

It even has a free meditation on YouTube by GM Doo Wai. For grey hair reversal it probably requires hours of meditation per day but for reversing wrinkles and other minor things it doesn't need that long per day.

I'm looking younger than I am, I'm fit and very healthy. I have a great set of exercises. So thank you, but I don't need another system. 

That was not my point. 

My point was reversing aging from Neidan. Some people say this would happen but I never saw a person where it worked. 

Damo Mitchell is on facebook (you don't have to 'friend' him, you can follow), and posted the below yesterday.  It's not anything new, common virtually everywhere (as all the deep truths are).

As an author pffft! (a blog, anyhow :lol:) I find writing, especially about internal arts (might be anything felt to be of great import) ... I find writing to be just grueling, torturous, lots of re-writes, and very satisfying... yeah, so, I'm admiring his writing.  Not only eloquent, resonates as someone who is familiar with the actual parts, but also spoken in a non-sectarian manner.  I'm betting that he rewrote those two paragraphs a lot... *if* he typed that out just tra-la-la, I am so jealous!, :angry: gonna go throw plates in the kitchen!

It is my experience that one touched by spirit radiates it though and from their body. That which takes place within the realm of the divine may be manifest at the level of the tangible and so those who master the way also embody the way.
    In this way, spirit may become a source of sustenance as well as a source of inspiration for those fortunate enough to sit in the presence of a spiritual conduit. Many teachings were traditionally passed down through this method of ‘sitting with the master’.
245706001_3411227819104205_1154883652786

• Like 4

8 hours ago, freeform said:

What I call an active Dantien is one that is mobilising Qi through the body. Usually happens pretty quickly for young, healthy people. It’s not a big deal, but an important step. Someone having spontaneous movements for instance has what I would call an active Dantien.

I think we are talking about different things so i will bow out. Active dantian has always been a heated topic on here,  I do not wish to derail this thread.

8 hours ago, freeform said:

A reasonably cultivated Dantien becomes a physical, hard shape in the abdomen - it can vibrate, move, twist (physically)… sometimes releases currents of electric Qi when pressed (at first in your own belly, but eventually in the one pressing, when certain conditions are met). The belly goes soft and the physical ball shape disappears when the yang Qi deactivates.

I know what you are referring to. The ball jolts and jumps around, physically protrudes from the stomach, expands and deflates very physically and an onlooker can see it clearly. 

Appreciate you explaining, it was nice chatting.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, freeform said:

Yup - I suspect there’s different definitions - which is fine.

I wouldn’t call it a ‘cultivated Dantien’.  

Obviously your teacher has a different definition for what ‘activated’ means.

From what I remember Damo talked about this phenomenon somewhere too.

So to reiterate, what you saw on Damo's senior students was the physical structure?

The one that is a prerequisite for neidan?

1 hour ago, Zork said:

So to reiterate, what you saw on Damo's senior students was the physical structure?

The one that is a prerequisite for neidan?

I didn’t examine them - felt a bit rude to start poking around in people’s bellies when you’ve just met them! 😂 

And the people I met were not his most senior students - yet what they described of their training was essentially the formation of the physical Dantien.

I remember Damo talking about the physical Dantien too.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Trunk said:

Damo Mitchell is on facebook (you don't have to 'friend' him, you can follow), and posted the below yesterday.  It's not anything new, common virtually everywhere (as all the deep truths are).

As an author pffft! (a blog, anyhow :lol:) I find writing, especially about internal arts (might be anything felt to be of great import) ... I find writing to be just grueling, torturous, lots of re-writes, and very satisfying... yeah, so, I'm admiring his writing.  Not only eloquent, resonates as someone who is familiar with the actual parts, but also spoken in a non-sectarian manner.  I'm betting that he rewrote those two paragraphs a lot... *if* he typed that out just tra-la-la, I am so jealous!, :angry: gonna go throw plates in the kitchen!

very romantic, but also very vague and not practical.

in addition to, those pictures with cars is a joke. He is wasting his time, from my perspective.

Edited by Indiken

10 minutes ago, Indiken said:

very romantic, but also very vague and not practical.

in addition to, those pictures with cars is a joke. He is wasting his time, from my perspective.

Way to demo a ‘productive’ post for us!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, freeform said:

I didn’t examine them - felt a bit rude to start poking around in people’s bellies when you’ve just met them! 😂 

And the people I met were not his most senior students - yet what they described of their training was essentially the formation of the physical Dantien.

I remember Damo talking about the physical Dantien too.

It is not only spoken of, but emphasized :)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, freeform said:

Way to demo a ‘productive’ post for us!

well,

it takes time to write a facebook post, to take a photo, to think which car to choose, to get money for car, to use it, to maintain it.

i do not know, maybe such methods bring "enlightenment".

23 minutes ago, Indiken said:

well,

it takes time to write a facebook post, to take a photo, to think which car to choose, to get money for car, to use it, to maintain it.

i do not know, maybe such methods bring "enlightenment".

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Bruh. You think he got the car, just to take a photo? He's traveling around the US, staying in different places. How do you suppose he should move about? He's doing a Daoist practice called 'Cloud wandering', he literally did a whole podcast about it.

Some people are really showing why Damo or people like him don't come within a mile of these forums...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Piyadasi said:

Some people are really showing why Damo or people like him don't come within a mile of these forums...

I think like many, @Indiken may be mistaking outward appearances with actual spiritual cultivation.

leftover cultural conditioning from the hippy era.

These people get easily drawn in by topknots and manicured false modesty.

What they don’t realise is that their reactivity to materiality - possessions, money, cars or outfits is a form of inner clinging… exactly what they profess to be against - but end up mired in through aversion.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Piyadasi said:

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Bruh. You think he got the car, just to take a photo? He's traveling around the US, staying in different places. How do you suppose he should move about? He's doing a Daoist practice called 'Cloud wandering', he literally did a whole podcast about it.

well, i use public transport

17 minutes ago, Indiken said:

well, i use public transport

And that makes you more spiritual? 

It might be helpful to investigate why you feel that way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, freeform said:

I think like many, @Indiken may be mistaking outward appearances with actual spiritual cultivation.

leftover cultural conditioning from the hippy era.

These people get easily drawn in by topknots and manicured false modesty.

What they don’t realise is that their reactivity to materiality - possessions, money, cars or outfits is a form of inner clinging… exactly what they profess to be against - but end up mired in through aversion.

I agree and I actually kinda get it. I came to Damo/his school from a place where genuine spiritual person = forest renunciate. All that stuff gave me a pause. I think it was the combination of burning curiosity and the recommendation of certain people 😉, plus some experience from trying out his practice that helped me through this initial hesitance/misgivings.

Actually one of the things I'm most grateful for from Damo is that he showed me that you can be at "forest renunciate" level of dedication to the path while being a worldly person. That it didn't have to be a settling for something lesser. That helped me orient my life in so many ways.

I think if you're genuinely curious, literally just train with him. It's never been easier with the Academy. People had to work way harder in the olden days, just to get some basic training. It's worth reading about the early day struggles of the old masters.

• Like 2