forestofemptiness

Damo Mitchell Free MCO Course

50 minutes ago, Feng69 said:

But what I am questioning myself is: he is 41 or 42 and he looks like that. And his look became older like everyone's look becomes older when years go by. Practicing Neidan for so many years, why doesn't he look younger than he does?

I read quite often, practicing Neidan stops ageing etc...

But in my opinion he doesn't look at least a few years  younger than he is. He looks good and healthy, like many others do. But not younger. Why not after so many years of practicing Neidan? 

Do you have photos available featuring other teachers of neidan, so that we can see these rejuvenateing aspects here? 

27 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

Do you have photos available featuring other teachers of neidan, so that we can see these rejuvenateing aspects here? 

Oh I'm sorry, perhaps my bad English is the reason for a misunderstanding. 

No, I don't know any teacher whose look obviously became younger. I only practice Daoyin, standing and Taichi, only as a hobby. I'm healthy and fit with 52 and that's fine. I do no Neidan. And I don't know any Neidan teacher in person. 

BUT I've read very often here and in books that Neidan makes one younger again, and I find it interesting. 

And here comes in what I wanted to know. Damo Mitchell (I really like his clips and books! ) wrote a book about Neigong but also about Neidan and he practices Neidan for years, as I read. 

And that made me questioning why he looks like a man in his beginning 40s ( what he IS) and not younger. Looking  both older and new clips from him, one can see that he becomes older like everyone else. So I can't see this rejuvenateing effect of many years of training Neidan. Why not after practicing so long? 

Hope you understand, my English is sadly not good. Sorry. 

Edited by Feng69

1 hour ago, freeform said:

Active LDT is a requirement for developing the YJJ… but YJJ is a physical transformation of the body ‘muscle tendon changing’… or ‘sinew changing’ - basically the structure of these tissues is changed and the body becomes interconnected throughout.

This is what is rare to see.

A properly developed ‘container’ of the dantien is also rare - and goes hand in hand with the YJJ (and is usually one of the first steps). 

An ‘active’ Dantien - not so rare.

You are using the word active in a different context than me. By Active i mean, able to store qi. You probably have different terminology.

• Haha 1

@Feng69 It was just that this thread started to become a teacher-bashing thread.

If you look through the internet, you will see that other teachers, including Chinese, more or less look their age, so it is unfair to ask of Damo Mitchell to look a certain way unless there is overwhelming evidence that others can live up to it. 

Isn't one's hair supposed to turn black as well? 

That one might be extra hard for Damo to live up to 😁

9 minutes ago, Zork said:

You are using the word active in a different context than me. By Active i mean, able to store qi. You probably have different terminology.

Hello, Zork.

What are your achievements with cultivation?

If your are so interested about Damo, go ask himself personally and try his methods. This way i think you will change your opinion to knowledge.

To me Damo just looks like an average guy. He is a little shy, calm. From my perspective there are too much stuff, like statues, flowers, symbols, paintings in public videos and so on...

25 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

Sorry, can anyone delete that? I am sometimes very analogue, not digital. ;) 😉

•  

Edited by Feng69

8 minutes ago, Feng69 said:

Sorry. I made a mistake. 

Edited by Feng69

33 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

@Feng69 It was just that this thread started to become a teacher-bashing thread.

If you look through the internet, you will see that other teachers, including Chinese, more or less look their age, so it is unfair to ask of Damo Mitchell to look a certain way unless there is overwhelming evidence that others can live up to it. 

I never had Intent for bashing anyone. And I  didn't. 

This thread is about Damo Mitchell's course. Damo Mitchell practices and teaches Neidan. People say that Neidan has the ability to rejuvenate. And I can't see it in the case of Damo Mitchell. That was the chain of my thoughts And that's why I asked. No bashing, no bad thoughts, only a question.

Because before I give money to a school, a teacher etc, I try to proof if it's good for me or not. 

So if there is no teacher who rejuvenates I ask myself, has Neidan really this effect on people or not. 

Again, I LIKE Damo Mitchell's book and videos. It's only about the so called rejuvenateing aspect of neidan.

Edited by Feng69

23 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

other teachers, including Chinese, more or less look their age, so it is unfair to ask of Damo Mitchell to look a certain way

I’ve met several high level teachers - none of them looked like they’re 20…

I think this is our western interpretation of what ‘rejuvenated’ means. 

Strong, robust, flexible (mentally and physically), full of energy, a sense of presence and lots of passion and enthusiasm when required… that’s what I see as the qualities that come about through practice.

Obviously looking haggard, tired, low energy and unwell is a red flag. I don’t see that in Damo though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Feng69 said:

Sorry, too stupid for using my smartphone 

Edited by Feng69

interesting_comparison_images_01.jpg

That’s what ‘rejuvenation’ without the cultural conditioning of younger=better looks like.

(it’s a before and after photo of a guy who was in deep depression - and him again after he recovered)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, freeform said:

interesting_comparison_images_01.jpg

That’s what ‘rejuvenation’ without the cultural conditioning of younger=better looks like.

(it’s a before and after photo of a guy who was in deep depression - and him again after he recovered)

So, is it wrong that Neidan reverses the aging process? Because that's what is often written. 

I know it's called a side affect, the reason for practicing Neidan is another one. But if the side affect doesn't work, how can one know that the higher aims work?

No bashing, only asking because of real interest. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Feng69 said:

So, is it wrong that Neidan reverses the aging process? 

Actually, no, it does. 

Measurable, on physiological processes. Some are mentioned in the current Nei Dan thread, the one with the extremely long heading. 

Edited by Cleansox
Added stuff

18 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

Actually, no, it does. 

Measurable, on physiological processes. Some are mentioned in the current Nei Dan thread, the one with the extremely long heading. 

Ok thank you. I will have a look.

And I will not ask more. But still I'm not convinced. 

I do no Neidan. Only Taichi and Daoyin and standing and some pushups etc.

And with 50 I had one of those tests which measure different body stuffs (sorry, don't know the correct words).

And the test said, my body was like a 38 one's body. And I don't practice any Neidan. 

That's why I ask if Neidan really works like it is said, because if one can do other things for a young body and quit sitting for stilling the mind, why going that very long and secret road of neidan? 

But like I said, I only practice for hobby health and wellbeing. 

So again, thank you for your answers. 

Edited by Feng69

If you want to look young just do whatever William Shatner did, or have his genes... He's 90 in the picture here below. 

9j5vh2jy6a271.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Also, you can go a long way with plastic surgery, rejuvenation therapies, and also anti-aging therapies. Being lucky (genetics) helps too. You can get all that without having to go through the intense and extremely hard path of neidan. 

That said you do make an interesting point. There have been studies where through facial recognition algorithms they can discern the biological age of a person and see signs of accelerated or delayed aging process. The same type of thing should really be happening to neidan masters if they're working specifically on that aspect. In my understanding for instance the turning grey hairs to black is something that only happens in retreat away from civilization where one can work directly with replenishing Jing. 

Ultimately I would say that if you're doing neidan, neigong or any of the internal arts just for health or to 'reverse aging', you're probably missing out on the point of the Arts in the first place. The main reason for those arts (in my view) is for spiritual progress

A healthy diet, enough functional physical exercise (and some stretching) along a healthy social life without too much drinking and tobacco will in most cases lead to a very healthy and long-lived happy life. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, anshino23 said:

A healthy diet, enough functional physical exercise (and some stretching) along a healthy social life without too much drinking and tobacco will in most cases lead to a very healthy and long-lived happy life. 

Let's not forget stress is the number one killer for men even before 30...and how stressful has the world become in 2020 with many of our outlets limited or eliminated? 

Cultivation should help one find that internal source of joy and relief from stress. At the very least, I have some outlet for my aggression and stress thanks to cultivation. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, anshino23 said:

If you want to look young just do whatever William Shatner did, or have his genes... He's 90 in the picture here below. 

9j5vh2jy6a271.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Also, you can go a long way with plastic surgery, rejuvenation therapies, and also anti-aging therapies. Being lucky (genetics) helps too. You can get all that without having to go through the intense and extremely hard path of neidan. 

That said you do make an interesting point. There have been studies where through facial recognition algorithms they can discern the biological age of a person and see signs of accelerated or delayed aging process. The same type of thing should really be happening to neidan masters if they're working specifically on that aspect. In my understanding for instance the turning grey hairs to black is something that only happens in retreat away from civilization where one can work directly with replenishing Jing. 

Ultimately I would say that if you're doing neidan, neigong or any of the internal arts just for health or to 'reverse aging', you're probably missing out on the point of the Arts in the first place. The main reason for those arts (in my view) is for spiritual progress

Thank you anshino.

Good points. Short comment on my reason for practicing Daoyin, standing and Taichi (and silent sitting, but without teacher. I only sit and have my mind in my body).

I do it because it feels really GOOD when practicing. After many years of practicing Judo, later bodybuilding and kickboxing I had some heavy injuries and that changed part of my mind. I began with internal arts after treatments from a Chinese Doc. And the arts worked brilliant for my body. They made me strong from inside out. And soon I realised that they also were able to change my mind to a point I had been in my childhood. I became humble again, I became thankful and felt a deeper instance inside myself. All of that and more "crazy" things  like knowing that I had lived many times before, I felt/knew in my childhood. And I lost it at the beginning of puberty. And I became what some call a really asshole. 

And I found it (not all but some of my childhood knowing) again step by step while practicing year by year the internal arts I listed above. 

But the first thing was, at the age of 33, after those painful injuries, to get back health and well-being. 

All the other aspects came from alone so to say.

If that is what you call spirituality, ok that's what I do too. 

Best wishes 

Feng69 

Edited by Feng69

42 minutes ago, Feng69 said:

And I don't practice any Neidan. 

That's why I ask if Neidan really works like it is said, because if one can do other things for a young body and quit sitting for stilling the mind, why going that very long and secret road of neidan? 

You are right, the arts you mention also affect the body in this way, so yes, no point in looking further. 

1 hour ago, Cleansox said:

What is strange is... the person trying to bash said teacher had to be told what the YJJ process is, despite making claims about teachers and students who he has no idea of their level of attainment.

Apparent from the posting is that they, by their own words, seem to not understand the difference between activation, consolidation and storage....and that the "storage" aspect of the dantien is actually  a byproduct of the consolidation of the Yin field, and the ability to open/close the LDT... Some of the methods for activation (or awakening the LDT) and consolidation are actually floating around on the internet for free (true story)..someone even posted a DTG set here months ago

You cannot store Qi until that field is consolidated....its like pouring water into a strainer... it isn't hard to activate the LDT (Im sure you know that) ..it just takes time....and effort...and sweat...filling it is a different story entirely though

Ive now seen 3 different methods for activation with some variations and some similarities.... they all work, and I know of two others...one of which is teacher assisted, and the other which relates to the use of sound

People like the aforementioned talk unnecessarily and from an uneducated standpoint on the matter...thats about the sum of it though.... when you spontaneously start getting electric shocks and your LDT starts moving and pulling you in all sorts of weird ways...and  heavy zifagong starts.....you will have no doubts in your mind....There's also the very unpleasant activity of the lower aspects of the digestive system clearing itself out...I dont even use the heat as a measure anymore...I've had too many far weirder things happen than that

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, freeform said:

I’ve met several high level teachers - none of them looked like they’re 20…

I think this is our western interpretation of what ‘rejuvenated’ means. 

Strong, robust, flexible (mentally and physically), full of energy, a sense of presence and lots of passion and enthusiasm when required… that’s what I see as the qualities that come about through practice.

Obviously looking haggard, tired, low energy and unwell is a red flag. I don’t see that in Damo though.

Perhaps you can elaborate? :)

I had it that this rejuvenation at the physical level would only occur at the stages of XSJ and JSJ, that it would be very much linked to the Jing, and that in a modern life, in society....the Jing would be subject to overstimulation and it would be harder to see this happen...and it was really only hermits you'd see it at the physical level to a very profound degree

Also, @Feng69 important to remember that "reversing aging"  also refers to the quality of the mind, and that peeling back the layers of the acquired allows one to have a childlike nature and be "present" if that sounds right? Probably an oversimplification

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

What is strange is... the person trying to bash said teacher had to be told what the YJJ process is, despite making claims about teachers and students who he has no idea of their level of attainment.

Apparent from the posting is that they, by their own words, seem to not understand the difference between activation, consolidation and storage....and that the "storage" aspect of the dantien is actually  a byproduct of the consolidation of the Yin field, and the ability to open/close the LDT... Some of the methods for activation (or awakening the LDT) and consolidation are actually floating around on the internet for free (true story)..someone even posted a DTG set here months ago

You cannot store Qi until that field is consolidated....its like pouring water into a strainer... it isn't hard to activate the LDT (Im sure you know that) ..it just takes time....and effort...and sweat...filling it is a different story entirely though

Ive now seen 3 different methods for activation with some variations and some similarities.... they all work, and I know of two others...one of which is teacher assisted, and the other which relates to the use of sound

People like the aforementioned talk unnecessarily and from an uneducated standpoint on the matter...thats about the sum of it though.... when you spontaneously start getting electric shocks and your LDT starts moving and pulling you in all sorts of weird ways...and  heavy zifagong starts.....you will have no doubts in your mind....There's also the very unpleasant activity of the lower aspects of the digestive system clearing itself out...I dont even use the heat as a measure anymore...I've had too many far weirder things happen than that

This does not sound weird.

More weird things would be if you could change your appearance fully, be at multiple places at one time, know future and past and so on...

But this is ordinary stuff for some i believe.

3 minutes ago, Indiken said:

This does not sound weird.

More weird things would be if you could change your appearance fully, be at multiple places at one time, know future and past and so on...

But this is ordinary stuff for some i believe.

I purposely didnt elaborate on the "weird"

But if you mean where I'd stated weird pulling.......What I meant was if you've felt that strong jerking motion to a high degree....you'd nearly think from the outside that a person was being pushed..the Yin field organising itself and consolidating is quite weird for someone who has never experienced it before

If you want to look younger try Flying Phoenix qigong.

It even has a free meditation on YouTube by GM Doo Wai. For grey hair reversal it probably requires hours of meditation per day but for reversing wrinkles and other minor things it doesn't need that long per day.