forestofemptiness

Damo Mitchell Free MCO Course

So the specifics of Neigong tend to confuse me. Is the MCO part of inner alchemy or is it something else? and if so what? Is it related or different than Dan Tien breathing? 

18 minutes ago, dmattwads said:

So the specifics of Neigong tend to confuse me. Is the MCO part of inner alchemy or is it something else? and if so what? Is it related or different than Dan Tien breathing? 

A first approximation is that neigong is about filling the dantian with qi and transforming the tissues of the body, and mostly (only?) works with post-heaven qi, whereas alchemy is working with the refining and transforming of substances in the body, such as jing, in particular, pre-heaven substances. 

MCO means different things depending on what is flowing through it.  Post heaven qi circulating in the ren and du channels would fall under neigong.  Refined jing or other alchemical substances flowing through the orbit would be alchemy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Creation said:

A first approximation is that neigong is about filling the dantian with qi and transforming the tissues of the body, and mostly (only?) works with post-heaven qi, whereas alchemy is working with the refining and transforming of substances in the body, such as jing, in particular, pre-heaven substances. 

MCO means different things depending on what is flowing through it.  Post heaven qi circulating in the ren and du channels would fall under neigong.  Refined jing or other alchemical substances flowing through the orbit would be alchemy.

And is filling the dantein synonymous with dantein breathing?

1 hour ago, dmattwads said:

And is filling the dantein synonymous with dantein breathing?

No, not necessarily, though it might involve that. It is a process, not a method; there are many methods that can be used. Check out Damo's "Comprehensive Guide to Daoist Nei Gong" and his podcast on the dantian.

Edited by Creation

8 hours ago, freeform said:

Fa Qi is not a particularly important in the grand scheme of things.

I get that it’s impressive but you grow out of getting excited about stuff like that pretty quickly when around it for a while.

It also happens to be pretty easy to fake - and many impressionable young men get scammed with that sort of thing.

That is completely irrelevant to what i said. I mentioned that it isn't lost nor rare and that it has been discovered by completely independent people in the world who have nothing to do with the chinese internal arts. Faqi requires qi consolidation doesn't it?

The case i mention isn't fake by the way.

7 hours ago, dwai said:

I will chime in and say that @forestofemptiness is a very reliable witness in my opinion. I have another friend who's been doing Damo's online course and attested to its efficacy, who is also a very reliable witness in my opinion. It is hearsay, but I dare say that I will accept their word as a bond.

Have they built their LDT through Damo's method? Yes or No?

What they think is irrelevant.

I can solve this issue. 

Yesterday, the Lotus Nei Gong completed a survey including long- and short term students. 

Among the long term students, 87% have a fully functional LDT, and 13% failed to understand how to fill in the survey. 

Among the short time students who had started on the dan tian gong, after six months 63% reported signs in line with developing an LDT, 12 % didn't feel a thing, and 25% had Quit practicing for various reasons,(including anxiety and "I realized I am already perfected, so I do not have to practice"). 

For a full report, you have to log in at www.lotusneigong.com/readthesurveynow 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Cleansox said:

I can solve this issue. 

Yesterday, the Lotus Nei Gong completed a survey including long- and short term students. 

Among the long term students, 87% have a fully functional LDT, and 13% failed to understand how to fill in the survey. 

Among the short time students who had started on the dan tian gong, after six months 63% reported signs in line with developing an LDT, 12 % didn't feel a thing, and 25% had Quit practicing for various reasons,(including anxiety and "I realized I am already perfected, so I do not have to practice"). 

For a full report, you have to log in at www.lotusneigong.com/readthesurveynow 

@Cleansox the answer was already provided....the individual in question just doesn't want to accept it...therein lies the issue

At this stage, it's just trolling....because hes been told by several people the methods work....including one whos actually been face to face with Damos students

Acceptance is tough for some people...

1 hour ago, Zork said:

That is completely irrelevant to what i said. I mentioned that it isn't lost nor rare and that it has been discovered by completely independent people in the world who have nothing to do with the chinese internal arts. Faqi requires qi consolidation doesn't it?

Freeform said the method for the YJJ process is, and he is correct. Because that leads into the XSJ and then the JSJ....and that stuff just isnt available to the vast majority of people....ie rare/lost...

Qi emission can easily be done by someone pumping a "person" full of qi and then showing them how to push it out...so...it is not so black and white

22 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

Yes....? 

I'm all ears. 

Or all awareness, if you like 😁

i left a message for the mods. i can't delete it. The tag couldn't be deleted sorry. Anyway my comment is that surveys are always 100% accurate aren't they? ;)

17 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Freeform said the method for the YJJ process is, and he is correct. Because that leads into the XSJ and then the JSJ....and that stuff just isnt available to the vast majority of people....ie rare/lost...

Qi emission can easily be done by someone pumping a "person" full of qi and then showing them how to push it out...so...it is not so black and white

refrain from discussing things you don't know. your nickname here isn't freeform and i will not allow you to hijack the discussion with him.

So unless you know what tradition i am talking about or what other methods there are to faqi, you really have no place responding to me.

Edited by Zork

my opinion on Damo is that he is the new Jim McMillan and the crowd he gathers are the new WMPs.....

the good thing is that he is a million times better than mantak chia or other frauds.

Edited by Zork

I may be critical of Damo, but I don't have a horse in this race.

What I will say is that compared to the fans of Clyman, WMP, Chia, Winn, or whatever pink unicorn is crapping rainbow ice cream for people to lap up, I'd feel the most relieved to see someone chose Damo over them...especially if they don't have many other options that could be better.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Zork said:

refrain from discussing things you don't know. your nickname here isn't freeform and i will not allow you to hijack the discussion with him.

So unless you know what tradition i am talking about or what other methods there are to faqi, you really have no place responding to me.

Im not hijacking anything....just correcting your selective attention bias....

28 minutes ago, Zork said:

my opinion on Damo is that he is the new Jim McMillan and the crowd he gathers are the new WMPs.....

the good thing is that he is a million times better than mantak chia or other frauds.

Please refrain from discussing things  you don't know (Do you see how that works)...perhaps if you listened to what people were telling you instead of placing your  misplaced opinion on a pedestal....you'd see nobody gains anything by endorsing him (least of all me)

9 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Im not hijacking anything....just correcting your selective attention bias....

Please refrain from discussing things  you don't know (Do you see how that works)...perhaps if you listened to what people were telling you instead of placing your  misplaced opinion on a pedestal....you'd see nobody gains anything by endorsing him (least of all me)

as i said stop responding to me. you have no idea what you are talking about.

Do you know who i am reffering to when i talk about other paths to qi consolidation? NO. so stop commenting on things you don't know.

Edited by Zork

46 minutes ago, Zork said:

i left a message for the mods. i can't delete it. The tag couldn't be deleted sorry. Anyway my comment is that surveys are always 100% accurate aren't they? ;)

Obviously, I made that post up. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cleansox said:

Obviously, I made that post up. 

that is why it is 100% accurate as always! :D

2 hours ago, Zork said:

Its the YJJ process that is almost lost. The YJJ process leads to a lot more than Fa Qi. And fa qi (for me) is the least useful one.

Regarding the fa qi phenomenon being present outside of Daoist schools - I’m sure that’s possible. I’ve heard of similar things from high level yogis.

But I’ve also seen countless people using a small device that straps to your leg and creates pretty much all the same fa qi effects.

Whether what you’ve found is real or not - I have no idea. Why not train with them and report back? I’d be interested to hear your experiences :) 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, freeform said:

Its the YJJ process that is almost lost. The YJJ process leads to a lot more than Fa Qi. And fa qi (for me) is the least useful one.

Regarding the fa qi phenomenon being present outside of Daoist schools - I’m sure that’s possible. I’ve heard of similar things from high level yogis.

But I’ve also seen countless people using a small device that straps to your leg and creates pretty much all the same fa qi effects.

Whether what you’ve found is real or not - I have no idea. Why not train with them and report back? I’d be interested to hear your experiences :) 

ah this makes more sense. Still i know a different guy who got to a ldt activation with zhan zhuang and meditation alone with no teacher. This is pretty much the yjj way that you refer to isn't it?

Anyway I have videos of the first guy to send you to judge for yourself.

As for the possibilty of studying under him? I have considered it but I don't know if i can manage it. He is in another country.

Edited by Zork

29 minutes ago, Zork said:

as i said stop responding to me. you have no idea what you are talking about.

Do you know who i am reffering to when i talk about other paths to qi consolidation? NO. so stop commenting on things you don't know.

I dont need to know what tradition you are talking about to correct the fact that you are wrong in stating the YJJ process in its entirety is not rare ...fortunately in that regard...I DO know what I am talking about

Im not overly concerned with "other paths"..and as for the person ZZ and meditation...well yes...that's generally how you activate the LDT...standing practice

Open the Huang in the feet, open lines of conduction through the legs to abdomen... the field of the planet can be experienced....shaking begins....starts in legs...reaction in the LDT....fields begin to develop....

It isnt rocket science or some magical alternative method....strong Zifagong is usually an indication things are going right

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

I dont need to know what tradition you are talking about to correct the fact that you are wrong in stating the YJJ process in its entirety is not rare ...fortunately in that regard...I DO know what I am talking about

Im not overly concerned with "other paths"..and as for the person ZZ and meditation...well yes...that's generally how you activate the LDT...standing practice

Open the Huang in the feet, open lines of conduction through the legs to abdomen... the field of the planet can be experienced....shaking begins....starts in legs...reaction in the LDT....fields begin to develop....

It isnt rocket science or some magical alternative method....strong Zifagong is usually an indication things are going right

yeah whatever.....

As I said, you have no idea what i am talking about.

Edited by Zork
  • Haha 1

On 12.10.2021 at 11:49 PM, XianGong said:

So, what is the result after 20 years?

I'm asking that too.

I don't practice his stuff. I only saw many videos from him, some years ago till today and I like the videos. But what I am questioning myself is: he is 41 or 42 and he looks like that. And his look became older like everyone's look becomes older when years go by. Practicing Neidan for so many years, why doesn't he look younger than he does?

I read quite often, practicing Neidan stops ageing etc...

But in my opinion he doesn't look at least a few years  younger than he is. He looks good and healthy, like many others do. But not younger. Why not after so many years of practicing Neidan? 

Edited by Feng69

50 minutes ago, Zork said:

Still i know a different guy who got to a ldt activation with zhan zhuang and meditation alone with no teacher. This is pretty much the yjj way that you refer to isn't it?

Active LDT is a requirement for developing the YJJ… but YJJ is a physical transformation of the body ‘muscle tendon changing’… or ‘sinew changing’ - basically the structure of these tissues is changed and the body becomes interconnected throughout.

This is what is rare to see.

A properly developed ‘container’ of the dantien is also rare - and goes hand in hand with the YJJ (and is usually one of the first steps). 

An ‘active’ Dantien - not so rare.

• Like 1