forestofemptiness

Damo Mitchell Free MCO Course

2 hours ago, XianGong said:

I am not interested in books, I am on a forum and I asked people, what is their personal experience. If you can't talk about it why do you even write here?

moderator note:

Please be respectful. Every member is free to share exactly as much as they feel comfortable sharing. If someone doesn’t want to disclose their personal experiences beyond a certain point it is their prerogative.

If it is a meaningful discourse that you’re seeking, you need to change your tone, stop calling someone’s posts “bullshit” because you don’t agree with them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, XianGong said:

This is not private messaging, wake up, this is an open thread in a public forum you share with everyone. :lol:

You are very confident, despite having started cultivation recently in 2020...

DunningKruger_Effect.png.04746ecb968d7133206ae8619c674b5b.png

Im aware its a public forum...hence the reason I told you im not detailing anything....also probably the reason that glowing ego of yours is radiating like anything....you really should give that the attention it deserves....its quite a sad thing to see

My confidence isn't in myself....Indeed I am a newcomer..Rather its a result of a shared collective experience, combined with some objective confirmation and equally...guidance from several people not only Damos students, but also in other lineages who have explained things to me.....So your chart...much like every other word you've typed thus far, is essentially meaningless

Now please go annoy someone else....that seems to be a past-time of yours based on the posting history....it is pretty sad for a person who claims to have 15 years cultivation, to have the manner of a person who has not cultivated anything at all...how unfortunate

Edited by Shadow_self

7 hours ago, XianGong said:

Nothing wrong with asking direct questions.

And nothing wrong with choosing not to answer them if you don’t want :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

Im aware its a public forum...hence the reason I told you im not detailing anything....also probably the reason that glowing ego of yours is radiating like anything....you really should give that the attention it deserves....its quite a sad thing to see

My confidence isn't in myself....Indeed I am a newcomer..Rather its a result of a shared collective experience, combined with some objective confirmation and equally...guidance from several people not only Damos students, but also in other lineages who have explained things to me.....So your chart...much like every other word you've typed thus far, is essentially meaningless

Now please go annoy someone else....that seems to be a past-time of yours based on the posting history....it is pretty sad for a person who claims to have 15 years cultivation, to have the manner of a person who has not cultivated anything at all...how unfortunate

Sounds like you have been bamboozled by Damo Mitchell. His system is more like a spiritual McDonald's and he himself is a third-rate (average) practitioner at best. Not all have a talent for cultivation even if starting at a young age, you just won't progress far.

5 minutes ago, XianGong said:

Sounds like you have been bamboozled by Damo Mitchell. His system is more like a spiritual McDonald's and he himself is a third-rate (average) practitioner at best. Not all have a talent for cultivation even if starting at a young age, you just won't progress far.

I haven't been  bamboozled by anyone...and I certainly don't feel the need to defend Damo...his ability, and achievments stand on their own merit

Its strange how you feel the need to insult people with no actual basis to do so...I sense a deep insecurity at the psychological level from you.....how very sad

• Like 4

There are a lot of good reasons someone might not want to share about their spiritual experiences and "accomplishments" -- if that term applies.  Sometimes these experiences can feel very personal, more personal than feels appropriate to share in a public setting.  Sometimes sharing accomplishments can draw out skeptics and naysayers and not everyone wants to deal with that.  It´s also true that sharing experiences can mislead others into expecting they´ll have similar results with a given system which isn´t always the case.  

Still, I love a personal story!  I think it´s perfectly OK to ask someone about their experience.  It´s also perfectly OK for the person asked to say yes or no.  Just my perspective.

• Like 6

@silent thunder I did receive a ping but I don't think I care enough to read your posts.

ping.png.d00036737035eb45a62da3e57fadbb34.png

2 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

defend Damo...his ability, and achievments stand on their own merit

Sure, if you say so.

I am not going to ask WHAT are those achievements and abilities. It is obvious you don't know what you are talking about like in every single sentence you write, but we know what's gonna come next :

A. I know IT but won't be sharing it with you, you don't deserve to learn this sacred knowledge.
B. I am not sharing it publicly cuz it is very esoteric and secret information.
C. Damo would come himself and say what his abilities are if he would care enough. But as he does not, this information is top secret.
D. Moderator - YOU CANNOT ASK SOMEONE ABOUT THEIR ABILITIES THIS IS AGAINST THE RULES.
E. Omg, he asked someone about abilities, how dare he force people to reveal their abilities against their will.

P.s. Guys much less than cultivation, I seriously doubt your level of intellectual and cognitive development.
Anyway, entertainment value for, I might come to check up on you several years later and see how much you have grown.

58 minutes ago, XianGong said:

@silent thunder I did receive a ping but I don't think I care enough to read your posts.

Sure, if you say so.

I am not going to ask WHAT are those achievements and abilities. It is obvious you don't know what you are talking about like in every single sentence you write, but we know what's gonna come next :

A. I know IT but won't be sharing it with you, you don't deserve to learn this sacred knowledge.
C. Damo would come himself and say what his abilities are if he would care enough. But as he does not, this information is top secret.
D. Moderator - YOU CANNOT ASK SOMEONE ABOUT THEIR ABILITIES THIS IS AGAINST THE RULES.
E. Omg, he asked someone about abilities, how dare he force people to reveal their abilities against their will.

P.s. Guys much less than cultivation, I seriously doubt your level of intellectual and cognitive development.
Anyway, entertainment value for, I might come to check up on you several years later and see how much you have grown.

you are checking out then? ar ri ve der ci

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, XianGong said:

Sure, if you say so.

1. It isn't sacred, you just aren't someone I can see myself sharing anything of worth with.....we have dramatically different value systems, and you're the type of person I just dont really want to speak to in general, let alone about things of interest. In this cause it is absolutely, very much personal. I've seen your posting history...your general attitude and approach whilst here looks more like you just want to argue and dig at people, with zero basis or evidence on which to do so. 

2. The information isn't secret, there are people that I've discussed it with. So again, its very much personal, and I quite literally, have a personal issue with you, namely that your attitude and presence here is much more a nuisance than anything else, based on what I've seen. Had you not been so disrespectful and full of such a bad attitude...perhaps things could be different. However, they aren't, and I can see my first judgement of you was inherently correct.

3. Damos reasoning for not using such forums as here have nothing to do with what you've mentioned.....now you're just lying...but then, given everything else, this is surely a natural progression for you.

4. The moderators just asked you to be respectful, much like I did from the outset.....your absolute lack of ability to do so, tells me everything I need to know.

5. You really have no business asking anyone about abilities. You should be asking for a teacher who can give you lessons is basic etiquette, manners, humility and respect......15 years of  so called cultivation, and lacking those most basic faculties...its begs the question, exactly what in the world you spent your time doing?

It seems like you want to now blame peoples level of intellectual and cognitive development....that's all to typical of someone like you....even when multiple people are telling you, that you're out of line....that ego just cant let you accept it. Instead, you'll cast distortion after distortion over the actual facts of the matter to insulate that precious little part of yourself you cherish so dearly.

I don't want to keep repeating myself, so consider this my last response.but its just a sad thing to see.

5 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

1. It isn't sacred, you just aren't someone I can see myself sharing anything of worth with.....we have dramatically different value systems, and you're the type of person I just dont really want to speak to in general, let alone about things of interest. In this cause it is absolutely, very much personal. I've seen your posting history...your general attitude and approach whilst here looks more like you just want to argue and dig at people, with zero basis or evidence on which to do so. 

2. The information isn't secret, there are people that I've discussed it with. So again, its very much personal, and I quite literally, have a personal issue with you, namely that your attitude and presence here is much more a nuisance than anything else, based on what I've seen. Had you not been so disrespectful and full of such a bad attitude...perhaps things could be different. However, they aren't, and I can see my first judgement of you was inherently correct.

3. Damos reasoning for not using such forums as here have nothing to do with what you've mentioned.....now you're just lying...but then, given everything else, this is surely a natural progression for you.

4. The moderators just asked you to be respectful, much like I did from the outset.....your absolute lack of ability to do so, tells me everything I need to know.

5. You really have no business asking anyone about abilities. You should be asking for a teacher who can give you lessons is basic etiquette, manners, humility and respect......15 years of  so called cultivation, and lacking those most basic faculties...its begs the question, exactly what in the world you spent your time doing?

It seems like you want to now blame peoples level of intellectual and cognitive development....that's all to typical of someone like you....even when multiple people are telling you, that you're out of line....that ego just cant let you accept it. Instead, you'll cast distortion after distortion over the actual facts of the matter to insulate that precious little part of yourself you cherish so dearly.

I don't want to keep repeating myself, so consider this my last response.but its just a sad thing to see.

The problem appears to be your choice of words a few pages ago, where you described Damo's system as "powerful". This needs to be elaborated somehow and the burden of proof is always at the person making a statement. You need to describe what "powerful" means because the word you used, implies comparison. Powerful compared to what?

I get that Xianggong's reaction isn't the best but you really need to elaborate. It doesn't mean that you have to talk about personal things but you need to say at least something along the lines " i have tried x qigong, y qigong and z neigong the last few years and this was more powerful in transforming/having better health.... " you get the idea.

The most serious question i want to ask you is: How many of Damo's students have built the LDT? After all, he has Dan Tien Gong listed in the syllabus.

10 minutes ago, Zork said:

The most serious question i want to ask you is: How many of Damo's students have built the LDT?

What objective or testifiable support for this would you accept? 

1 minute ago, Cleansox said:

What objective or testifiable support for this would you accept? 

I am not WMP. Any claim from Damo that "x number of my students have done it" is sufficient for me regarding this conversation. How and when i will verify the claim is another matter altogether.

2 hours ago, Zork said:

The problem appears to be your choice of words a few pages ago, where you described Damo's system as "powerful". This needs to be elaborated somehow and the burden of proof is always at the person making a statement. You need to describe what "powerful" means because the word you used, implies comparison. Powerful compared to what?

I get that Xianggong's reaction isn't the best but you really need to elaborate. It doesn't mean that you have to talk about personal things but you need to say at least something along the lines " i have tried x qigong, y qigong and z neigong the last few years and this was more powerful in transforming/having better health.... " you get the idea.

The most serious question i want to ask you is: How many of Damo's students have built the LDT? After all, he has Dan Tien Gong listed in the syllabus.

I said it does what it says on the tin...Damo mentions building the field for example...it does exactly that..and as you might also know...DTG involves filling the LDT...and it does that too.

Have built, or are building? I cannot answer the former, the latter, however I can easily state...the majority who practice consistently. You need to remember the IAA is only open just over a year. Are you saying to me you expect people to have built and filled a LDT in that time?

When you begin DTG work, start feeling your things moving around inside (im being purposely vague), and phenomena start arising...things get very real, very quickly. What follows is not in any way subtle or imaginary. There is no visualisations, no  imagining, no mental forcing....it happens and it does what it is intended to do....

When you do the material as it is presented it works....and it works very, very well.....that is why I mentioned it is very potent.

I'm not interested in slating other systems here... The whole "my neigong is better than yours" and so forth. I'd rather not go there personally, it is not required

I can say with full confidence, some of the other things that happened to me are beyond what I would have imagined...and very much well outside the paradigm of what we could label "normal". I wont elaborate further as we already established it isn't necessary...but I reiterate the following point.

I have absolutely nothing to gain by endorsing it.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

I said it does what it says on the tin...Damo mentions building the field for example...it does exactly that..and as you might also know...DTG involves filling the LDT...and it does that too.

Have built, or are building? I cannot answer the former, the latter, however I can easily state...the majority who practice consistently. You need to remember the IAA is only open just over a year. Are you saying to me you expect people to have built and filled a LDT in that time?

When you begin DTG work, start feeling your things moving around inside (im being purposely vague), and phenomena start arising...things get very real, very quickly. What follows is not in any way subtle or imaginary. There is no visualisations, no  imagining, no mental forcing....it happens and it does what it is intended to do....

When you do the material as it is presented it works....and it works very, very well.....that is why I mentioned it is very potent.

I'm not interested in slating other systems here... The whole "my neigong is better than yours" and so forth. I'd rather not go there personally, it is not required

I can say with full confidence, some of the other things that happened to me are beyond what I would have imagined...and very much well outside the paradigm of what we could label "normal". I wont elaborate further as we already established it isn't necessary...but I reiterate the following point.

I have absolutely nothing to gain by endorsing it.

So if i am reading correctly none of Damo's students have built the lower Dantien yet using his method. At least no one that you know of?

PS. you are still using the "potent" word. Potent doing what?

The ultimate purpose of neigong as Damo teaches it is to build the lower dantien.

It either does or doesn't. Potency has nothing to do with it.

Edited by Zork

14 minutes ago, Zork said:

So if i am reading correctly none of Damo's students have built the lower Dantien yet using his method. At least no one that you know of?

PS. you are still using the "potent" word. Potent doing what?

The ultimate purpose of neigong as Damo teaches it is to build the lower dantien.

It either does or doesn't. Potency has nothing to do with it.

You're not reading correctly....that's half the issue....the other half is you are asking me to objectify and quantify other people I've not interacted with...why you feel the need to do so is beyond me...

I don't interact with Damo's seniors being honest...and they are really the ones you are referring to, unless you are totally lost and think people should have a fully consolidated and filled LDT in one year...which if you are is just ridiculous.

I can tell you that I know whats happening me is according to both Damo,  and people I know in other lineages who have been doing this for some time, the correct markers for the dan tien being activated, built and beginning to fill..make of it what you will, I'm really not bothered

So with respect...I already answered your question...yes it builds the lower Dan Tien....this is my third time repeating it in this thread

Potent means it does it effectively, as opposed to other methods that well...don't....that's a pretty open and shut definition

8 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

So with respect...I already answered your question...yes it builds the lower Dan Tien....this is my third time repeating it in this thread

That is not what i asked you.

This is what i asked you:

4 hours ago, Zork said:

How many of Damo's students have built the LDT?

That is the question. This is present perfect tense. It means that people must have already built their dantien to qualify for your answer.

You don't know anyone. That is the answer.

13 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

I can tell you that I know whats happening me is according to both Damo,  and people I know in other lineages who have been doing this for some time, the correct markers for the dan tien being activated, built and beginning to fill..make of it what you will, I'm really not bothered

I don't care. That is not what I asked you. You are constantly trying to pre-empt my interpretations of your answer. That is not how this works. I asked a simple question, you either answer or don't. Posting a wall of text instead of an answer that only takes one sentence to do so means that something isn't right.

1 hour ago, Zork said:

That is not what i asked you.

This is what i asked you:

That is the question. This is present perfect tense. It means that people must have already built their dantien to qualify for your answer.

You don't know anyone. That is the answer.

I don't care. That is not what I asked you. You are constantly trying to pre-empt my interpretations of your answer. That is not how this works. I asked a simple question, you either answer or don't. Posting a wall of text instead of an answer that only takes one sentence to do so means that something isn't right.

You asked me if it builds..

It either does or doesn't

My response is it does....

My reasoning is that I have had the markers confirmed by people for other lineages who have such achievements.... and I know a few from different places....they also confirm the accuracy of the methods...in fact more than a few people have confirmed this to me...so these are independent sources..as in plural

The fact I do not interact with Damo's students has zero to do with it. I have my own circles. Me not being able to answer the question as to what his senior students achievements are, has absolutely nothing to do with their achievement.

Think of it as the equivalent to the following scenario

Hey those people you don't know over there, I understand they occupy the same space as you. Do you know if they have a college degree....or do they own their own home...etc etc....then I respond, well I don't know....then the response is either....well they must not have a degree, or own their own their own, because you don't know if they do (x=0)….or else ok I guess we don't know ( x=?)

By all accounts, I'm not trying to pre-empt anything because the answer as of now is x=? and unless you want to actually speak to them, examine them or whatever....it will remain that way

But here's the kicker, I really have no interest in what his seniors have achieved, if I did, Id have asked by now...and whats more confusing, is why are you asking a person who has no knowledge of it, nor any desire to know about others achievements?

Whether you care is irrelevant., I'm only stating the facts...and the fact is, his methods do what they say. I've experienced them...people who have levels of achievement have verified it independently for me. So that's pretty much the end of the discussion on the matter from my side....make of it what you will, and quite frankly what you make of it or feel about it, is  respectfully, of no real importance, concern or relevance to me...my practice continues regardless.

Whatever you choose to do with that information is entirely up to you

Edited by Shadow_self

I’ll chime in.

I've met a few of Damo’s students years ago.

They all had built a Dantien - what I would call ‘established the container’. They all had an active Dantien and they all had way more Qi than normal healthy young people do. They all had what I call a qigong body - where everything is connected. They hadn’t quite developed the ‘steel wrapped in cotton’ quality that we develop in my school, but that takes a long time of full-time training. 

I’ve never met any students from any other publicly open teacher who have had this combination - not even close… including ones considered ‘masters’ and with decades of Neigong and alchemy training behind them - and I’ve met many.

I have met some students with an ‘active Dantien’ from other teachers - something common to schools that use zifagong… but none of the rest of what essentially is the results of the Yi Jing Jin process.

But even more importantly, Damo’s students were nice, normal, friendly people… not rude, disrespectful and self centred. Which is a hallmark of people trying to plug their deep sense of insecurity with power.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, freeform said:

I’ll chime in.

They all had built a Dantien - what I would call ‘established the container’. They all had an active Dantien and they all had way more Qi than normal healthy young people do. They all had what I call a qigong body - where everything is connected. They hadn’t quite developed the ‘steel wrapped in cotton’ quality that we develop in my school, but that takes a long time of full-time training. 

I’ve never met any students from any other publicly open teacher who have had this combination - not even close… including ones considered ‘masters’ and with decades of Neigong and alchemy training behind them - and I’ve met many.

I have met some students with an ‘active Dantien’ from other teachers - something common to schools that use zifagong… but none of the rest of what essentially is the results of the Yi Jing Jin process.

But even more importantly, Damo’s students were nice, normal, friendly people… not rude, disrespectful and self centred. Which is a hallmark of people trying to plug their deep sense of insecurity with power.

The emphasis on opening the body up according to YJJ is actually the one thing that when I've spoken to other practitioners they seemed to be lacking....all that physical work is actually quite hard in a sense...especially dao yins...that sounds strange given I used to be big into weightlifting...its just a different type of strain altogether

The people that I discussed it with who have been able to discuss these things in a language I understand...and one or two who showed me some pretty strange displays....they all say repeat the same mantra...

Foundations foundations foundations...they literally told me you will get nowhere if the body doesn't change....

While ive never interacted with the seniors (yet) ..I'm pretty sure they embody that notion, given that the curriculum is very much focused on the YJJ principles.

I find it very interesting that Damo constantly catches the  radar of people who seem to love baselessly criticising and have a tendency towards the "my neigong is better than yours" approach...Its baffling when you consider what he actually teaches,, how he teaches it, and what he charges....it boggles the mind how anyone could have a bad word to say about him..

Theres also a bit of confusion surrounding northern vs southern  neigong/neidan methods..another thread perhaps. 

I had never been shown the method for consolidating and filling the LDT until I met him....afterwards I caught a few glimpses of it in places...and then I also encountered other methods from skilled practitioners (funny how that happens)….but his was the most detailed explanation I was given..

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

The emphasis on opening the body up according to YJJ is actually the one thing that when I've spoken to other practitioners they seemed to be lacking...

The real method is almost lost to be honest.

It's difficult, uncomfortable stuff that takes a while to achieve - and most people quit or look for the next shiny thing when things get tough.

14 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

I find it very interesting that Damo constantly catches the  radar of people who seem to love baselessly criticising and have a tendency towards the "my neigong is better than yours" approach...

People feel triggered because their view of themselves as top dog is challenged - and they tend to bite back online and behind the backs of those they feel threatened by. I'm sure they're a lot more polite in person...

486fd89b2906c05c266fc8917b35c8f8.gif

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

You asked me if it builds..

You must have a reading comprehension problem. I will ask again. Do you know someone who has built the LDT with Damo's method? Yes or No? If yes, how many?

2 hours ago, freeform said:

The real method is almost lost to be honest.

well the thing is that i have met a non chinese teacher with no contact with the chinese traditions that he and his students can faqi. He is completely unaware of the LDT and doesn't use it. It is possible that there are at least two methods that enable faqi. This is only speculation, i haven't practiced his system.

4 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

Whatever you choose to do with that information is entirely up to you

I think that the fact that you have no idea about whether the LDT is active in other people practicing the method speaks for itself. You are taking a leap of faith. Good luck.

3 hours ago, freeform said:

I’ll chime in.

27 minutes ago, Zork said:

You must have a reading comprehension problem. I will ask again. Do you know someone who has built the LDT with Damo's method? Yes or No? If yes, how many?

well the thing is that i have met a non chinese teacher with no contact with the chinese traditions that he and his students can faqi. He is completely unaware of the LDT and doesn't use it. It is possible that there are at least two methods that enable faqi. This is only speculation, i haven't practiced his system.

I think that the fact that you have no idea about whether the LDT is active in other people practicing the method speaks for itself. You are taking a leap of faith. Good luck.

Your answer is quoted above...nothing else needs to be said.....the methods work....

I am not taking any leap of faith...my leap of faith was when i initially started training..Ive had confirmation...over and over....via my own practice and via others verification.... @freeform just gave you another endorsement of Damo's teachings

You require nothing more....and further discourse on this topic of what Damo's students have achieved is futile.....you have you answer

3 hours ago, Zork said:

Fa Qi is not a particularly important in the grand scheme of things.

I get that it’s impressive but you grow out of getting excited about stuff like that pretty quickly when around it for a while.

It also happens to be pretty easy to fake - and many impressionable young men get scammed with that sort of thing.

Edited by freeform
  • Like 1

I will chime in and say that @forestofemptiness is a very reliable witness in my opinion. I have another friend who's been doing Damo's online course and attested to its efficacy, who is also a very reliable witness in my opinion. It is hearsay, but I dare say that I will accept their word as a bond.

• Like 2