forestofemptiness

Damo Mitchell Free MCO Course

1 hour ago, anshino23 said:

If you want to train his system, join the monthly subscription at damomitchell.com. It's a bargain of a price for what you get. :) 

Are all the lectures on xinyi and yang sheng gong on the monthly thing or is that just the annual sub?

13 minutes ago, Vajra Fist said:

Are all the lectures on xinyi and yang sheng gong on the monthly thing or is that just the annual sub?

Monthly Membership

Our monthly membership includes:

Access to our Nei Gong program

Access to our Taijiquan program

PART access to our library
(This specifically includes additional lectures on the Foundations of Qi Gong, the Dragon Dao Yin, the Heavenly Streams, and Foundations of Gong Fu).

$40 / month

Annual Membership

Our annual membership includes:

Access to our Nei Gong program

Access to our Taijiquan program

FULL exclusive access to our library
(including selected articles, hundreds of videos and audio files from Damo’s past events, and will be continually updated with Damo’s future events and lectures.)

$440 / year

Hope that helps? :) 

Edited by anshino23
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, anshino23 said:

If you want to train his system, join the monthly subscription at damomitchell.com. It's a bargain of a price for what you get. :) 

Just out of curiosity, what is the time commitment? 

@salaam123

this is the link to damo mitchell   "internal arts academy"        that costs 40$  per month  (or  440$ for a year in advance)   -  that starts from the basics  (and teaches also how to build the lower dantian )   :

https://damomitchell.com/

Edited by waterdrop
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, forestofemptiness said:

Just out of curiosity, what is the time commitment? 

In Damo's words, if you want genuine results, you should probably dedicate at least two hours per day to training. 

He covers this in this YouTube Q/A. Here's his full explanation: 

• Like 4

Hope that helps? :) 

Thanks buddy. I know he has a video on diet and lifestyle which looks like its only available in the annual course. Do you know if he has any advice against fasting in that? I fast alternate days and its become a very important part of my life. I'd be curious to know his thoughts on it, but annoyingly I probably only have enough cash at present to sign up to the monthly course. 

On 6/17/2020 at 3:30 PM, anshino23 said:

In Damo's words, if you want genuine results, you should probably dedicate at least two hours per day to training.

Sadly, that sounds about right. 

addon  Why sadly?

<Cause I'm a 'Merican and I want it now> 

Edited by thelerner

Why sadly? Two hours a day for potentially life-changing effects doesn't seem that much. 

It also seems fairly in line with what most teachers recommend. 

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

Sadly, that sounds about right. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vajra Fist said:

Thanks buddy. I know he has a video on diet and lifestyle which looks like its only available in the annual course. Do you know if he has any advice against fasting in that? I fast alternate days and its become a very important part of my life. I'd be curious to know his thoughts on it, but annoyingly I probably only have enough cash at present to sign up to the monthly course. 

Generally he advises to eat enough to support your body for the change that happens during training. If you fast intermittently and feel good, should not be any problem. But if you are engaged in an intensive training and the body requires certain level of nutrition, perhaps listening to the body would be wise.

Think yourself. When you train neigong, your body is getting rebuilt, especially connective tissue, tendons, etc. You need certain nutrients for that and if you want a result, you better supply.

• Thanks 1

Guest ezza
6 hours ago, Vajra Fist said:

He said in a recent vid that I watched intermittent fasting and training is fine. What he considers fasting is at least 3 days, and he doesn't advise doing these longer fasts whilst training.

Enough energy/fuel is required by the system as we are constantly moving and circulating stuff around, if there's nothing to help fuel this then that's probably not good for your system. This is obviously not considering more highly advanced stages, when he said this the context was more towards beginners/intermediate

8 hours ago, Vajra Fist said:

It comes down to efficiency. If you're doing building practices where you're trying to build Qi, your body will require more fuel. Simple as that. You'll know through your practice however as your appetite should increase if the practice works in the right way. 

I saw in the group that he didn't recommend doing Qi building practices when fasting, but instead to rest and let the body work on cleansing. If you're used to fasting and feel good doing that, I think that's fine, but if you continue with training you might find things change and the body will need to eat more to help with its development. Just be flexible, that's all. :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Neigong and fasting don't mix... actually it's worse than inefficient - it can be quite damaging as if you're doing strong practices during fasting you're likely to deplete your essence very quickly.

In fact, when the Neigong process started getting very strong for me, my daily calorie intake skyrocketed.

Fasting and meditation on the other hand go well together.

If you want to practice neigong and fast then stop all neigong work for a day before your fasting day and for 2 to 4 days after your last fasting day (then begin again slowly)

Another option is intermittent fasting - in that you completely stop food intake after 6pm say - and the next meal would be mid-morning the next day... This, in fact, conforms to classical guidelines - so is considered very beneficial.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, freeform said:

Neigong and fasting don't mix... actually it's worse than inefficient - it can be quite damaging as if you're doing strong practices during fasting you're likely to deplete your essence very quickly.

@Vajra Fist: I stand corrected! Freeform knows what he's talking about. Go with his advice, it works :) 

• Like 2

Great topic.  

Really nice and generous course from Damo, particularly as meditation is not his strongest area typically, the detail (in places) is exceptional, so many golden nuggets of advice, blink and you will miss half of them. 

Notably I've always found his focus on pro-actively 'developing' the 'skill' of Ting a little off putting but feel he incorporates his guidance very well in this series, much as he still does not really get across that its a quality that 'happens to you' through absorption over time, rather than one you get good at by 'practising' the mechanics of it specifically, which can only ever prepare you. 

If you have neglected meditation in your practice thus far then this is a very comprehensive set of principles and exercises to work through. And its free.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, anshino23 said:

Freeform knows what he's talking about.

Haha - rarely!

I don't know Damo's stance on this - but I've certainly made this mistake and did a 10 day fast (and still kept my training routine) - it took me over 3 months to recover :rolleyes:

Qi is produced from food primarily - and neigong sets up a 'qi producing engine'... when the food ran out it simply depleted my kidneys. It does take a while for neigong to be this 'strong' in its effect - so most people at the early stages won't notice much.

During intense neigong-focused retreats, I eat like a weightlifter (probably 4 to 5k calories) and I still lose weight!

When working on meditative practice the opposite is better - very moderate with food (very simple vegetarian diet with no added flavour and only to 60% to70% fullness)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, freeform said:

Haha - rarely!

I don't know Damo's stance on this - but I've certainly made this mistake and did a 10 day fast (and still kept my training routine) - it took me over 3 months to recover :rolleyes:

Qi is produced from food primarily - and neigong sets up a 'qi producing engine'... when the food ran out it simply depleted my kidneys. It does take a while for neigong to be this 'strong' in its effect - so most people at the early stages won't notice much.

During intense neigong-focused retreats, I eat like a weightlifter (probably 4 to 5k calories) and I still lose weight!

When working on meditative practice the opposite is better - very moderate with food (very simple vegetarian diet with no added flavour and only to 60% to70% fullness)

Wow, that's intense... when you say 3 months to recover what does that refer to exactly? Like your energetic sensitivity or that you were immensely exhausted for 3 whole months because of kidney deficiency? Haha. :lol:

Yeah makes sense it would have more that effect when the Qi is already thick and therefore has deeper effects on the vessel - and to accomodate those changes, fuel is needed.

At least based on my latest understanding from Damo's teachings the thicker and denser the Qi is the deeper it effects the vessel - first the skin and nervous system level, then the tissue level and later the Xi Sui Jing level where it goes deeply into the bone marrow washing, brain cleaning and even affecting the center of our bodies and the glandular system. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freeform said:

Thanks for all your replies on this. I practice an alternate day form of intermittent fasting, so I fast for about 36 hours, skipping food for an entire day and then eating at breakfast the day afterwards. Does the warning above only apply for extended fasting for more than 48 hours, or does it apply to anything more than skipping a single meal?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, anshino23 said:

Wow, that's intense... when you say 3 months to recover what does that refer to exactly? Like your energetic sensitivity or that you were immensely exhausted for 3 whole months because of kidney deficiency? Haha. :lol:

The first thing I noticed was that my vision became strange - I'd see wavy lines when I shifted focus and felt a slight loss of balance... I thought that was just a fasting side effect - so persevered. :rolleyes:

Eventually, I basically lost all that I had built - the feeling of good mood, great mental focus and drive, strong vitality, strength in the body... I went from feeling this springy, juicy connection throughout the body to none of that - and instead started feeling a little faint and tired with a floppy, disconnected body... kind of like having the flu (but for three months)

Luckily I don't think I depleted my kidneys below the normal threshold (although who knows - might've damaged my primordial essence too :rolleyes:)

I've done a lot of stupid things and stumbled into many pitfalls in my cultivation!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Vajra Fist said:

Does the warning above only apply for extended fasting for more than 48 hours, or does it apply to anything more than skipping a single meal?

I'm afraid the alternate-day fasting as you describe would fall into the problematic category.

Maybe you could try the daily intermittent fasting? (not eating between 6pm and 9am next day for example)

Or maybe do a few longer fasts throughout the year, just making sure to avoid neigong practices before, during and after for some time?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, freeform said:

The first thing I noticed was that my vision became strange - I'd see wavy lines when I shifted focus and felt a slight loss of balance... I thought that was just a fasting side effect - so persevered. :rolleyes:

Eventually, I basically lost all that I had built - the feeling of good mood, great mental focus and drive, strong vitality, strength in the body... I went from feeling this springy, juicy connection throughout the body to none of that - and instead started feeling a little faint and tired with a floppy, disconnected body... kind of like having the flu (but for three months)

Luckily I don't think I depleted my kidneys below the normal threshold (although who knows - might've damaged my primordial essence too :rolleyes:)

I've done a lot of stupid things and stumbled into many pitfalls in my cultivation!

That sounds rough indeed. I (perhaps wrongly) assume if you had been around your teacher at that time he could've fixed you all up faster than 3 months? And probably also told you not to fast, ha. :) 

if you had been around your teacher at that time he could've fixed you all up faster than 3 months? And probably also told you not to fast, ha. :) 

Yeah - this happened before my main teacher. When I asked him if I’d done any lasting damage from that, he just laughed and said not to worry... which means I probably did :lol:

That’s alright - life is constant damage. Nothing to worry about.

• Like 3

Regarding the topic at hand. I’ve had a brief look at Damo’s course - and I have to say that this is probably the most thorough, in-depth look at the microcosmic orbit that’s ever been publicly available. An amazing gift seeing as it’s completely free

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 6/17/2020 at 12:21 PM, salaam123 said:

I would like to start from the beginning. He says that this MCO course is for those with already some experience. He said in the dan tien video that the chi will leak unless youre at a certain stage in training and I am quite sure that it will happen to me. 

Is this "Foundations of Qigong" something for beginners and where could I get hold of it? Is it a book?  

The weekly Nei Gong module of the Internal Arts Academy is what you're looking for. The "Foundations of Qigong" Vimeo course only teaches the physical mechanics, no seated work or lower dantian work. Moreover, you get automatic access to it with an Internal Arts Academy subscription. Try the Academy for a month and see if it isn't the most valuable neigong instruction you've ever seen, for a very low price.

I asked Damo where the MCO material fits into the larger process of the neigong he teaches. He replied that it corresponds to some of the material in the second year of the weekly neigong program. 

• Like 3

On 13.6.2020 at 10:36 PM, Toni said:

If someone does the course it would be nice to hear about the results of the practice

I have watched 5 videos now and there has been good results only after a couple of days. I have managed to extract the lead from perineum as he says (or something like that)which is extracting yang chi from jing if i remember correctly. Yang chi harvesting also felt good and I could feel the chi but he said,that it will leak if there is not a dan tien created so maybe I will have to look into that because I am leaking.

Although I have done some chi kung in the past and prior to viewing these videos I have been learning to breath low for a couple of months so Im not a complete beginner.

Edited by salaam123
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, salaam123 said:

I have watched 5 videos now and there has been good results only after a couple of days. I have managed to extract the lead from perineum as he says 

So it is a Nei Dan course?