Miroku

Spooky ghost discussion - experiences, theories and reasons

1 hour ago, Paradoxal said:

Echos of events, berserk energy, and ripples in time are certainly interesting phenomena, but would not classify as ghosts.

Yes, they are ghosts. The undead are only one classification if you look further into paranormal research. 

Most ghosts from my personal experience

This is the bias that does not include the above categories mentioned. 

Until it has found its own traditions and history, the air here will be rather bad in a spiritual sense. 

Maybe for the white communities, but not the people with ties to their heritage. :D 

• Like 2

Here are 3 different stories , the 2nd  one  has two parts which show an interesting dynamic and perhaps answers some questions about  ' nasty and good '  'ghosts .

A few years back I was working in the city for a few months and staying with a friend and his wife in an old style 'flat'  ( small apartment block) . They where out, I was home early, it was a lovely sunny afternoon so I went into the front sun room,  smoked a joint and put some fav music on.  Tripping out on the music I started having a conversation in my head with this old lady ; " Thats nice music . "  she said . So I started talking to her about it , then some conversation about the how the room was nice in the afternoon sun ,  she mentioned she used to live there and loved that sun room , I said it must have been great there back then , etc .   we just enjoyed sitting there in each others energy. I was taken by how nice, calm and lovely energy was.  It seemed like a natural normal experience and I responded that way to it  ....   But   then I snapped out out of it ; what the hell am I doing , I'm off in la-la land,  imagining I am talking to some old lady that used to live there .

Then my mate comes back with his wife and he (doesn't do this much but )  asked me if I had anything he could smoke. I gave him some and said "Be careful, its pretty strong, I was off my face before on a tiny bit ,  I even hallucinated talking to this dear old granny in the front sun room .  He stood there looking at me like I had slapped his face .  After  questioning me , in a strange and near angry way he called his wife in and said tell her . So I did and she goes " Hasn't she got the most dear and lovely energy ? "   ...  I was a bit dumbfounded. Then she turns to hubby and  " See , I told you, I told you so ." and to me  "I have talked to her several times in there . He is a total sceptic about it, just won't have it , I think its because he's a bit freaked out . " And he was " F you two!  You made this up ! "   But I was ' It feels more like YOU TWO have made this up to trick me ! "    But then I couldnt explain how she knew about what I was telling him previous ,  unless she was listening outside the door .  But that doesnt make much sense .  Mate got the shits and went off to the kitchen convinced we where jerking him around .

This experience often evaporates from my  consciousness,  I remain mostly sceptical myself , but then  I remember it  and remember it really happened . Even if we both 'imagined' it , why did we imagine the same thing ?    So now , whenever i am not sure about ghosts and stuff I ; "Well there was that experience talking to that old lady!"

2 nd one is two experiences with the same 'ghost' (i am assuming ) .

A friend had a feral commune type farm with a lot of hippies bumming off him and the place . Its right up the end of the road in the narrow steep part of the valley ; Gondwanaland country, very intense .   The land energy and Aboriginal lore abounds . They had a  cute 'pixie hut' called the 'Fairy House' built out over a creek. Various hippies stayed there , but not for long, it was supposed to be haunted by this angry Aboriginal woman. I met one woman  ( these people .... lets say 'left a lot to be desired ' , basically they where hippy free loaders not respecting the land properly and sucking off my generous friend.)   and she said they got woken up by a light in the middle of the cabin and all saw a ferocious  old Aboriginal woman   screaming ' GET OUT GET OUT " over and over again. They grabbed what they could, left stuff behind immediately bolted to the car and drove out never to return  " I will NEVER go back to that place !" she told me . Mate eventually kicked the hippies out and the whole place was virtually abandoned .

A few years  later I  met another woman , a lovely aware and advanced soul. She respected the environment in a good way (not hypocritical and militant about it - there are a lot of them in this area ! ), she had a grace and a presence and was working as a midwife. I asked her where she was staying and she said 'In the Fairy House at Cool Creek ."  I raised an eyebrow and said " And how do you get on with the old Aboriginal Lady ? " and she " WHAT !  How do you know about that ! ? "  She had not heard the stories and assumed it was wholly a personal experience .  Then she started telling me how nice and good this old woman was to her .

I found that VERY interesting  - the two opposite experiences different types of people had there .

the 3rd is more general. Its a type of  audio or echo  noise not on the physical, you have to tune in to hear it , or, if you have 'that type of hearing' anyway , you have to tune it out . . . .  well, I had to , eventually .... occasionally I tune into it , as a reminder and part of my practice . . .  some times it comes with 'hallucinations' or 'visions' . Some are horrific  so I won't repeat them here    It first started when I got my 2nd blast from my shamanic teacher . I noticed it when I came back home to the valley after being with him out  'in camp' .   It starts as an uneasy feeling and a sound you cant quite hear, then it gets louder and its like a long moan and then its bad moaning weeping screaming , all sorts of bad shit  , mostly like women and children being killed . Its pretty horrible.

There have been three very nasty evil massacres in this valley; at the head, the middle and the sea end  .  It has an echo of pain embedded in the landscape . of course there are other wonderful and amazing things embedded in it as well, but this also.

Its just something a white person has to come to terms with if they want to practice Aboriginal shamanism, connect with the land and try to find resolution with the survivors.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

There have been three very nasty evil massacres in this valley; at the head, the middle and the sea end  .  It has an echo of pain embedded in the landscape . of course there are other wonderful and amazing things embedded in it as well, but this also.

Interesting, so is it more of a genius loci that was borne of the suffering, the energetic imprint of collective of spirits tied to the place, the actual spirits themselves or what? My guess is it is the second. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Interesting, so is it more of a genius loci that was borne of the suffering, the energetic imprint of collective of spirits tied to the place, the actual spirits themselves or what? My guess is it is the second. 

I have had a fair amount of experience with the first.  Only a couple of times with the second.

12 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Yes, they are ghosts. The undead are only one classification if you look further into paranormal research. 

I would classify those that have consciousness but are not the remains of the living as spirits, but it's mostly just slight differences in terminology. I think that most of what we're saying is the same, but we are wording it differently. There doesn't seem to be any true unification of terminology in this field, unfortunately. 

That said, most of my experiences with these phenomena are that of either the undead sort or spirits, not with leftover energy nor with echos. When those close to me die, they sometimes visit me before they move on, and I would classify such existences as "ghosts". I've only had one experience with a regretful ghost, and that one lived in a friend's house. Doesn't seem to be too harmful as long as barriers are kept up, but again, it was regretful, not vengeful. 

I have, however, had quite a few experiences with "spirits", in that I've come across a few. The ones that stick out the most to me were probably a spirit serpent that followed me around for a bit, an elf that visited a few times, a local deity at Sensoji, a spirit "wasp", and a group of information-loving spirits. That said, I've encountered hundreds or thousands of spirits that were either hostile or of no interest, but those ones were more common and fairly easy to deal with. 

I don't think those that I classified as "spirits" generally interfere with normal people, or if they do it is not attributed to them, so they would usually not be counted in ghost stories. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

I would classify those that have consciousness but are not the remains of the living as spirits, but it's mostly just slight differences in terminology. I think that most of what we're saying is the same, but we are wording it differently. There doesn't seem to be any true unification of terminology in this field, unfortunately. 

That said, most of my experiences with these phenomena are that of either the undead sort or spirits, not with leftover energy nor with echos. When those close to me die, they sometimes visit me before they move on, and I would classify such existences as "ghosts". I've only had one experience with a regretful ghost, and that one lived in a friend's house. Doesn't seem to be too harmful as long as barriers are kept up, but again, it was regretful, not vengeful. 

I have, however, had quite a few experiences with "spirits", in that I've come across a few. The ones that stick out the most to me were probably a spirit serpent that followed me around for a bit, an elf that visited a few times, a local deity at Sensoji, a spirit "wasp", and a group of information-loving spirits. That said, I've encountered hundreds or thousands of spirits that were either hostile or of no interest, but those ones were more common and fairly easy to deal with. 

I don't think those that I classified as "spirits" generally interfere with normal people, or if they do it is not attributed to them, so they would usually not be counted in ghost stories. 

Yeah, cultures classify things differently. As you were in Japan, there’s a huge difference between kami and yokai for example.

• Like 1

I don’t dismiss the possibility of hauntings but I think if the principle of “bad things happened here, so it’s haunted by restless spirits” held true in all cases, places like Flanders fields and Volgograd should be swirling vortexes of horror. 

20 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

I don’t dismiss the possibility of hauntings but I think if the principle of “bad things happened here, so it’s haunted by restless spirits” held true in all cases, places like Flanders fields and Volgograd should be swirling vortexes of horror. 

It's a combination of factors that produce the end result. "Bad things happened here" is only a trigger, not a full reason in most cases. 

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

Yeah, cultures classify things differently. As you were in Japan, there’s a huge difference between kami and yokai for example.

That's true. The one I encountered at sensoji was a local kami, though he never gave me his name. Looked like an ancient scholar of sorts, but I don't think that narrows it down much. He helped me purify some stuff that was bothering me, so he was rather helpful. That said, since I plan to move to Japan pretty soon, I may need to learn more about its mythologies to prep for any weird intricacies.

45 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

He helped me purify some stuff that was bothering me, so he was rather helpful. That said, since I plan to move to Japan pretty soon, I may need to learn more about its mythologies to prep for any weird intricacies.

The Kinokuniya bookstore has plenty of English language resources. I do not know where you live, but in San Francisco, NYC, and LA, there are branches and even in Japan itself there are English books to study. Otherwise, go to the library or even just hang out in a shrine.

3 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

The Kinokuniya bookstore has plenty of English language resources. I do not know where you live, but in San Francisco, NYC, and LA, there are branches and even in Japan itself there are English books to study. Otherwise, go to the library or even just hang out in a shrine.

On the mythology? I think I'd be better off reading them in Japanese, if I were to buy books on it. I'll probably end up doing most of my reading online, though. That said, thank you for the advice!

5 hours ago, SirPalomides said:

Good point but I would consider the possibility that such matters require energy. If so, mass appearances may be out of the question.

I once was unable to enter a room in the dark because it felt so horrible.  It turned out that the previous owner, had been collecting various pets, from around the neighborhood and torturing them in that room. Another time, I and two other people felt a terrifying presence, moving silently( in heavy brush) through the woods.  We all looked at each other at exactly the same time, with an oh shit! look on our faces and froze, until it was gone and we all felt its' absence at exactly the same time.

So, I know that there is some wierd shit happening in the spirit/ghost world.

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

I think its the second .  Just about everything , in this tradition, is tied to the land , to specific 'country'.   Thats the belief with many here ; "Going back to earth'  -  not just the physical either. And thats where new born spirits come from (well, a waterhole or spring in the earth.)

Its interesting how different some cultures view it . The ancient Egyptians went to incredible lengths to preserve the body, memory , Ren ( one's identity preserved by the name , written or spoken) of  (important ) diseased people in order to  'halt the evaporation' of the 'individual spirit' . Yet here , with the Aboriginals -   the common people (ie, those  who are not Shaman's or Kadaicha , etc ) -  they dont even want to say or hear the name of or see a picture of the deceased  as it causes them to 'hang around' , they are VERY scared of ghosts or anything remotely  'spooky' . They seem to want the individual spirit to  dissolve quickly and the 'surviving spirit' to  embed back into the landscape .

eg.

ID16003_720.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Nungali

2 hours ago, Paradoxal said:

On the mythology? I think I'd be better off reading them in Japanese, if I were to buy books on it. I'll probably end up doing most of my reading online, though. That said, thank you for the advice!

Seems like you are not familiar with the Kinokuniya as they would have it all in both languages too. 😁 the other reason is that there are some resources that would not be easily found online that the store has.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Seems like you are not familiar with the Kinokuniya as they would have it all in both languages too. 😁 the other reason is that there are some resources that would not be easily found online that the store has.

Indeed I'm not familiar with Kinokuniya by name. After googling it, I'm pretty sure I visited one while I was in Akihabara, but I'm not too sure they had anything in English in that one, as would probably make sense.

I do think that if possible, I'd prefer to read these kinds of things in Japanese, as the use of Chinese characters allows for quite a bit more poetic detail. I'd read them in Chinese if I understood Chinese, but since I'm still working on my kanji, it may be awhile before that is possible...

6 hours ago, Paradoxal said:

I'm not too sure they had anything in English in that one, as would probably make sense

They do--the section is just small and you have to ask for it. :D 

6 hours ago, Paradoxal said:

I do think that if possible, I'd prefer to read these kinds of things in Japanese, as the use of Chinese characters allows for quite a bit more poetic detail.

Of course, culture and language has many things lost in translation, but don't rule out reading in another language, as it's like saying The Magnificent Seven is unnecessary to watch when you have Seven Samurai or that Rip Van Winkle is "just a European version of Urashima Taro". They are valid reinterpretations through a cultural tapestry in the Joseph Campbell-like manner that give deeper insight into understanding in the ideaspace of between cultures rather than hopping from one island separated by a sea of Otherness to another island. 

This brings me to something important: cultural differences in encounters with the other world, which @Nungali reminds me of when speaking of his as a European heritage Australian with the Aboriginal peoples he knows and studies as an anthropologist and magician himself. 

Consider Neil Gaiman's American Gods novel, in which the gods themselves brought over in the ideaspace and heads of migrants take on very different qualities and characteristics because of both the environment in the new world and the changing cultural landscape of the New World. In particular, meeting Odin in Scandinavia for the protagonist is different from meeting Odin in the New World--they were two separate characters, which the former said, "He is me, but I am not him." Yet Shadow can't understand the former without having had his experience with the latter, and even without the latter, he will never understand the former the same way as an outsider, in this case, an American, with direct experience, because it's not his god, yet the latter is

Likewise, if you ever visit a shrine for Japanese American communities during their obon festivals, you will learn just as much about Japanese culture as you will Japanese American culture, and likely your own if you aren't of Japanese heritage. Traditionally, in Japan, the matsuri is organized by the communities, not the shrines or temples, but in these Nikkei communities, the shrines and temples are the community. 

With regards to Neil's book above and the paranormal experiences out there in keeping with the topic, you'll gain insight reading in the language, but a language is more than just translating, it's idioms, history, and culture beyond words--but you as the observer and the one who encounters these beings will inadvertently have a different relationship if it's not your history...which is crucial because relationships with otherworldly beings are two-way streets. 

The grandchildren of Japanese who lived through Hiroshima and Nagasaki have a particular relationship with their dead culturally and genetically since trauma is passed through one's genes, which is much different than the Nikkei who immigrated to Hawaii or the US before WWII and have had no connection to the country since. So when on a heritage trip, the disconnect between Sansei and even Gosei friends of mine visiting Japan was shown when they had unique encounters with the yurei since they weren't their dead and the yurei could sense that. 

I'm going to add that the trauma of Nikkei in America's mainland who went to the internment camps is quite different from the Nikkei in Hawaii who worked in the plantations...and thus have separate yurei. The Hawaiian Nikkei develop a relationship with mana and the local gods in Hawaii...

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

I think its the second .  Just about everything , in this tradition, is tied to the land , to specific 'country'.   Thats the belief with many here ; "Going back to earth'  -  not just the physical either. And thats where new born spirits come from (well, a waterhole or spring in the earth.)

I assume that tradition to be the same as your namesake here? ;) 

10 hours ago, moment said:

I have had a fair amount of experience with the first.  Only a couple of times with the second.

I had one particularly memorable encounter with a genius loci in a place called The Diplomat Hotel in the Philippines in Baguio when I was visiting the country on holiday. It was a former monastery where the Japanese killed all the monks and nuns there, which in turn became a hotel, and then ran out of business because there were too many hauntings there.

As I took precautions and brought a bottle of wine to make as an offering to the place when I went there 11 years ago and poured onto the floor, I was tolerated, but not necessarily welcome. My girlfriend at the time noticed shadows appearing and disappearing and temperature different from one side of her arm to another in the same corner. While we saw ghosts--the same ones, mind you--they felt more like pimples or scars on someone's face than the actual thing itself. 

It was then I saw that the place itself was alive and sentient, and my first real encounter with a genius loci actively communicating with us. 

One particularly creepy moment was when the ruins of one particular area had strange furniture until I realized that it was more like a fungus that took the shape of familiar objects like chairs and other household items strewn about, similar to environments like in these images: 

ss5.jpg

66e002ab83530f73301e5ecdc962d3f5.jpg

With regards to the second of collective spirits tied to a place, this takes me back to my work in Indonesia and East Timor.

I used to spend lots of time driving in the remote areas between the countries and the borders between realities were very thin. The violence from the Indonesian annexation of East Timor in the 1970s was felt very deeply...and it warped the landscape. It looked alien as we traveled at night where trees that seemed to uproot themselves and walk across the roads pretended to merely have fallen over during a storm or road accident that never happened so that passersby would not notice. 

Other times during the long night trip, I would see the forest flirt between appearing as barren as a desert with occasional trees and bizarre alien-like shapes that could be described as ocean corral reefs trying to imitate trees and plants on dry land, and an attempt by a being to mimic four people and a baby on a motorcycle that flashes of moonlight revealed in the shadows that they were something else entirely with multiple limbs...

Actually, now that I write about Indonesia, here's a story relevant to the above post I made about Nikkei in Japan with an Indonesian American kid who was an engineer visiting Java. He was warned by the villagers to never enter the forest after twilight because a djinn was there. Being the know-it-all Born Again Atheist, he went in anyway and heard a woman crying. He looked around and couldn't see anyone until he noticed the sound was above him. He looked up and saw a woman covering her face in the trees and asked what was wrong with her. She then turned her cries into a sinister laugh as her fingers became talons and her face became a contorted grin that bared fangs from ear to ear and longer than his own face. Then he ran like hell and was scolded by the villagers for not heeding their warning, made worse because it would affect their relationship with the forest and the djinn as a result. 

They do--the section is just small and you have to ask for it. :D 

This is extremely valuable knowledge; thank you!

With regards to Neil's book above and the paranormal experiences out there in keeping with the topic, you'll gain insight reading in the language, but a language is more than just translating, it's idioms, history, and culture beyond words--but you as the observer and the one who encounters these beings will inadvertently have a different relationship if it's not your history...which is crucial because relationships with otherworldly beings are two-way streets. 

The grandchildren of Japanese who lived through Hiroshima and Nagasaki have a particular relationship with their dead culturally and genetically since trauma is passed through one's genes, which is much different than the Nikkei who immigrated to Hawaii or the US before WWII and have had no connection to the country since. So when on a heritage trip, the disconnect between Sansei and even Gosei friends of mine visiting Japan was shown when they had unique encounters with the yurei since they weren't their dead and the yurei could sense that. 

I'm not sure if I could properly explain what I would like to explain even if I were given a million words, so I will give an exceedingly brief summary:

While I am a white "American" in this life, my habits, mindset, thought process, and emotional outlook are generally closer to that of a "Japanese". It's a bit different than the "weeaboo" thing that's going around in westerners today, but it's hard to really explain. I have snippets of memories of two past lives currently. One of the most vivid memories I have is as a child in Japan, dying to the nukes. I don't know whether I was in Hiroshima or Nagasaki, but I remember the morning of until the point of death rather vividly. It's one of my personal inner "demons", and is something that I personally struggle to forgive for. That said, I also recognize that there's no real point in holding on to it, but it is still a rather vexing memory. 

Overall, a lot of my personality seems to have carried over from there, even with my raising in an American household. When I visited Japan briefly, it felt like I knew it more than my own home. The streets of Asakusa felt like home to me, though I'm not exactly sure if it was Asakusa itself or simply the idea of "Japan" that was the home. I need to get the funds to travel across Japan itself to figure this out, but that's a bit far off.

The second past life memory is one that manifested in the same way as the one of a Japanese child, but it is of a Chinese monk in a temple. That said, it is outlandish enough to me that I have trouble fully recognizing it as a memory, due to the fact that I was able to levitate in said memory. It's a memory of myself sitting in the lotus position, floating in the air, and instructing disciples while laughing. Given the nature of this one, and the fact that I am not able to confirm the existence of levitation despite knowing theories on how it could be achieved, it's hard for me to fully accept it. That said, I've found that a lot of "advanced" neigong practices that I've been fortunate enough to have been taught in this life are things that I had been practicing on my own off of instinct before learning about them. I assume these to be echos of past lives, though I don't fully know.

I found that the spirit "wildlife" around Asakusa quite welcomed me, though that may have been normal. 

Back to the idea of insight from language, every time I learn a bit more Japanese, I seem to "understand" a lot more of myself and my techniques than before. My affinity is high, so-to-speak. Because my affinity for it is high, I feel like I will learn better if I learn directly from the source. 

All that said, I do have a question for you all on the undead. If one is capable of sending them on to their next life, is it morally wrong to force them to leave this realm? 

14 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

I'm not sure if I could properly explain what I would like to explain even if I were given a million words, so I will give an exceedingly brief summary:

While I am a white "American" in this life, my habits, mindset, thought process, and emotional outlook are generally closer to that of a "Japanese". It's a bit different than the "weeaboo" thing that's going around in westerners today, but it's hard to really explain. I have snippets of memories of two past lives currently. One of the most vivid memories I have is as a child in Japan, dying to the nukes. I don't know whether I was in Hiroshima or Nagasaki, but I remember the morning of until the point of death rather vividly. It's one of my personal inner "demons", and is something that I personally struggle to forgive for. That said, I also recognize that there's no real point in holding on to it, but it is still a rather vexing memory. 

Overall, a lot of my personality seems to have carried over from there, even with my raising in an American household. When I visited Japan briefly, it felt like I knew it more than my own home. The streets of Asakusa felt like home to me, though I'm not exactly sure if it was Asakusa itself or simply the idea of "Japan" that was the home. I need to get the funds to travel across Japan itself to figure this out, but that's a bit far off.

The second past life memory is one that manifested in the same way as the one of a Japanese child, but it is of a Chinese monk in a temple. That said, it is outlandish enough to me that I have trouble fully recognizing it as a memory, due to the fact that I was able to levitate in said memory. It's a memory of myself sitting in the lotus position, floating in the air, and instructing disciples while laughing. Given the nature of this one, and the fact that I am not able to confirm the existence of levitation despite knowing theories on how it could be achieved, it's hard for me to fully accept it. That said, I've found that a lot of "advanced" neigong practices that I've been fortunate enough to have been taught in this life are things that I had been practicing on my own off of instinct before learning about them. I assume these to be echos of past lives, though I don't fully know.

This could be karmic memory at best or wishful thinking at worst. In my own practice with the Akashic Records, clients most often are told that the most significant thing to look at is this life, unless past lives are necessary to consider for the particular obstacle in a client's life and the resulting karma affecting it now. 

How we often deal with spirits though are those who are directly affecting person, such as ancestors, parasites, or thought forms.

Here's a story of me in my shrine in Shigaraki a couple years ago: during the floods that led to the death of over 40 and many restless spirits, I asked what kind of performance I could do, and this is what came from the link in my PPJ:

A few recent discoveries were first, when asking what kind of Qigong to demonstrate in my recent trip to Japan for a performance I was asked to do at an event, instead of being told what among the styles I know, I was instead moved involuntarily and spontaneously to be a healing dance for all those present and anyone who watches it. It was done as a gift for the people who had died in the recent floods and storms in the western areas of Japan, with 40 dead and over 200 affected and displaced. 

Here is what was written as I was performing it, so the sentences are a bit strange due to the way the Akashic lords communicate:

"Qigong of the Akashic Shamans is a form that is older than civilization and transcends the conventions we have. Based on the two traditions of the Spontaneous Five Animals of Hua Tuo in China and the Akashic Lore of Masters and Teachers, they have come together through prayer and meditation to form a healing practice for the sake of this day we pray for those who have been lost. By using the celestial beings and the divine beasts through a sacred prayer and shamanistic dance, we allow our hearts and prayers to become one and embody itself in a sage who will transform the sorrow and prayers into a light that will bring hope to all. 

1. Sorrow of a spiritual being who mourns those who have been lost:

This is a form that has a sage allow himself to feel the sorrow of those who suffer unknowingly and invokes the shared sadness within. It is a healing form that allows us to express and free ourselves from the crying that we protect ourselves from, and allows the souls who surrender to the will of the Tao to move on, for it is when we repress our sadness, our anger, and our hurt that we allow ourselves to be hurt more. To allow our emotions and to embody the collective sadness is to release it into the Tao and transform. 

2. A pure soul rides the crane to the kingdom of the kami to beg for mercy on behalf of those who have been lost and for healing of those who have been left behind.

This form is when a sage asks for the Tao to give both the healing and wisdom necessary to be imparted upon those who have hope for a pure tomorrow. This is the intense sincerity of a sage who demands whatever would be given and accepts whatever is given so that the sage may understand and bring the knowledge back to those who would need healing. 

3. Accepting the gift of the kami and invoking the healing rebirth of the phoenix and wisdom of the dragon.

By doing this form, a sage has taken both the suffering of those whom you pray for and the wisdom of the kami and transformed all of the energy collected together and brought about healing within. When you have compassion and sincere purity, you embody a love that would heal others. Allow your sorrow to transform. Allow the kami and the lords of a heavenly kingdom to guide you. Allow the both of them to allow inner transformation with the eternal love of the Kuan Yin Bodhisattvah, the wisdom of lord Buddha, the compassion of the Prophet, and embody the wisdom of dragons that would allow a collective healing and rebirth of the heavenly body of a phoenix. Allow Meishusama to embody the virtue you embody in your practice to become one of the kami who would help all who suffer free ourselves from the suffering. 

Thank you Meishusama!"

I won't post the video here on the forum publicly because it will allow people to identify who I am, and I am a private individual, as I've chosen obscurity over celebrity. 

18 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

Back to the idea of insight from language, every time I learn a bit more Japanese, I seem to "understand" a lot more of myself and my techniques than before. My affinity is high, so-to-speak. Because my affinity for it is high, I feel like I will learn better if I learn directly from the source. 

Godspeed then. I don't think you're a "weaboo" anyway--the actual "weaboos" I've met were the people who had waifus as their wallpaper and wanted Japanese girlfriends while saying random Japanese words like "Kawai!" in casual conversation but denied that they were. They also plagued the JET program and made many students think baka no gaijin were all pathetic otaku. 

20 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

All that said, I do have a question for you all on the undead. If one is capable of sending them on to their next life, is it morally wrong to force them to leave this realm? 

It depends on the classification of the spirit! Sometimes, a spirit tethered here keeps coming back not for its own sake but because it is here to give a message to someone as an ancestor or to travelers who must heed warnings. 

I quite appreciate the input on this, as I, myself, am unsure exactly what it was. It was certainly not a "dream", and I don't believe it was "astral projection". Recovering those memories is half of what allowed me to start my journey in this life, as I grew up with an intense hatred and disgust for religion in general, though most of what I had been exposed to up until that point was Christianity and Judaism. I was an extremist, militant atheist. As that was the case, it would have been hard for me to even accept the idea of something that most people could not see, nor would I have been able to accept the idea of cultivation, qi, gods, demons, ghosts, magic, or any of the other phenomena that have become everyday to me. I began studying to figure out what it was, but I still don't have a concrete answer! 

Your search will take you far and wide, but the actual answers may not be what you hope for. Yes, we all reincarnate, though how much that affects this life will vary. Likely your affinity could be for a variety of reasons unrelated to your past life lessons--it could even tie in to astrology, frankly speaking. 

Would it be taboo for me to ask how you accessed the written bits? I've not had direct access to the records via projection myself, so I'm not entirely familiar with the process, but I've never heard them express it in written language. This kind of thing very much intrigues me. 

If you follow the link above, you'd have seen the relevant thread where it came from. :rolleyes:

But, for your convenience, go here:

but only after reading this:

so I may use the JET program, but I hope I would at least be a good teacher for the students. Students learn from their teachers, whether the teacher is good or not; this is part of the reason America is having issues currently, as we do not have sufficient incentives for capable teachers, though I digress. I'll need to finish my degree before I can even look at that option, either way.

Oh boy, there's a lot about the JET program you should know and may be disillusioned to find out about, as the short version is that you're ultimately a glorified tape recorder and systematically treated in a manner where like the police in America, are supposed to pretend you don't have rights as a foreigner or labor rights. It has gotten worse since my time, which was when people still got an easy visa via NOVA. 

If it is here to give a positive message, it would be wrong to send it away, but if it is here for itself, would it also be wrong to send it away? I've always had trouble comprehending morals. I would think that if someone were to come and cleanup a lot of the haunting hotspots, it would be an overall good thing, but I don't quite know if it's acceptable to exercise power that way.

What my own sources say that if it has that necessary role (positive message or not), nothing you could do would send it away, and if you could, the higher sources will bring it back. :D So one is reminded of one's own limited role in the pecking order of the universe when dealing with the metaphysical. 

Would you send away the spirits on the Trail of Tears who were reminding white people of their genocidal acts if it is their free will to remain as testament for example? Because yes: free will is not exclusive to humans in flesh and blood form! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

If you follow the link above, you'd have seen the relevant thread where it came from. :rolleyes:

I feel foolish indeed! Much thanks for the patience in regards to that.

32 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Oh boy, there's a lot about the JET program you should know and may be disillusioned to find out about, as the short version is that you're ultimately a glorified tape recorder and systematically treated in a manner where like the police in America, are supposed to pretend you don't have rights as a foreigner or labor rights. It has gotten worse since my time, which was when people still got an easy visa via NOVA. 

For better or worse, I do understand the tape recorder bit just from the small amount of research I've done on the matter. On the bit about systematic discrimination, I actually did research on that for a paper in one of my classes. I don't quite know all my options yet, but I'm working on living there for university fairly soon. During that period, I should be able to find some answers. 

36 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Would you send away the spirits on the Trail of Tears who were reminding white people of their genocidal acts if it is their free will to remain as testament for example? Because yes: free will is not exclusive to humans in flesh and blood form! 

Touche. 

12 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

I feel foolish indeed! Much thanks for the patience in regards to that.

Not a problem, kohai. As long as you are open and respectful, foolish mistakes will be long-forgotten actions, but foolish delusions of grandeur are swiftly cut by other fools and wisemen alike. 

13 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

For better or worse, I do understand the tape recorder bit just from the small amount of research I've done on the matter. On the bit about systematic discrimination, I actually did research on that for a paper in one of my classes. I don't quite know all my options yet, but I'm working on living there for university fairly soon. During that period, I should be able to find some answers. 

Sounds like you may be a student at Temple University at least! A better option may be to actually look at a group like Shumei who have their options to allow members to stay there for one year, though you'd be doing work in the shrine and have to become a member of one of the new religions, which split off from their original organization after they determined they could no longer in good conscience practice their faith once they saw the staff were bringing in yakuza, so Shumei split to maintain integrity of their teachings. Full disclosure: I'm a Shumei member!

Otherwise, University of Waseda has ties to the University of Oregon for example. 

16 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

Touche

Sharpen thy mind and wit and the spirits will guide you to Japan however is best for your karma, kohai

2 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Sounds like you may be a student at Temple University at least! A better option may be to actually look at a group like Shumei who have their options to allow members to stay there for one year, though you'd be doing work in the shrine and have to become a member of one of the new religions, which split off from their original organization after they determined they could no longer in good conscience practice their faith once they saw the staff were bringing in yakuza, so Shumei split to maintain integrity of their teachings. Full disclosure: I'm a Shumei member!

I'm in the application process for TUJ right now, actually. Other options are quite useful, but I'd have to look into what kind of "religion" Shumei actually is. My main requirement for organizations such as religion is that I will never put a deity above myself. While this may be seen as arrogant, it is one of the few rules that I plan to stick to. I'm completely open to monk training, as I plan to become a monk once I finish my worldly missions, but I need to grow my knowledge first.