1 minute ago, ralis said:

Unfortunately, Republicans will do anything to stop full legalization There might be a Dem or two opposing. Repealing the filibuster can help. 

I don't see this as a strict party line vote. I could be wrong. I know some gop are not anti weed. I know some democrats were. libertarians have  long had on their platform that the war on drugs was immoral.

prohibitions do not have a great success rate. I am Green party and the Green Party (love the sound of that!) has long called for an end to the war on drugs.

• Like 3

On 7/27/2021 at 12:52 PM, ralis said:

Unfortunately, Republicans will do anything to stop full legalization There might be a Dem or two opposing. Repealing the filibuster can help. 

What kinda pisses me off, is in a state like Illinois where mj is newly legal you can't grow plants (less you have medical card and permission).  Feels blatantly like a money move to benefit chain stores and the tax base.  In a more perfect world, people would use  responsibly and grow their own.  Education and positive social pressure.  Neither demonized nor overly praised, rather treated w/ respect, knowing its benefits and pitfalls.  

This fall that might be a project of mine.  There's an online place that has 3 seeds for $30, autoflowering, short plant, pleasant blueberry smell.  Growing seems easy, flowering and proper harvest seems to take some care, but growing a single refugee plant, might be fun.  & a chance to make inexpensive tincture.

addon: Did it.  Went cheap and used 7 grams of Face Mint 'shake' ie leftover grinds.  Also used a knock off brand of Everclear.  Froze both outside (it was winter), then let'em sit in the cold overnight.  Drained.. let some alcohol burn off.  Had 4 oz of Green Dragon.  Under the tongue a dropperful burned.  3 (1/2)dropperfuls was a pretty good dose.  Tasted of unpleasant chlorophyll.  

Next time I plan to go for Golden Dragon.  Use flower, not shake, use only 1/2 everclear half vodka, and only let it sit an hour in the freezer before draining.  Less potent but hopefully better tasting. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

I've always wondered about the interaction of plants and human consciousness. Certain mind altering plants, like cannabis and mushrooms, seem to exert an effect or control over many people not unlike spiritual possession. For instance, plenty of people who smoke cannabis also wear a lot of hemp, have cannabis T shirts, posters, etc. There is an entire cannabis culture. I enjoy a good whiskey, but I would never have whiskey shirts, posters, hats, attend whiskey musical conferences, etc. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, thelerner said:

What kinda pisses me off, is in a state like Illinois where mj is newly legal you can't grow plants (less you have medical card and permission).  Feels blatantly like a money move to benefit chain stores and the tax base.  In a more perfect world, people would use  responsibly and grow their own.  Education and positive social pressure.  Neither demonized nor overly praised, rather treated w/ respect, knowing its benefits and pitfalls.  

This fall that might be a project of mine.  There's an online place that has 3 seeds for $30, autoflowering, short plant, pleasant blueberry smell.  Growing seems easy, flowering and proper harvest seems to take some care, but growing a single refugee plant, might be fun.  & a chance to make inexpensive tincture.  

Cannabis is fully legal here in NM. Possess and grow your own are perfectly fine. 

One Santa Fe County Commissioner tried to restrict home grow to indoors only since she was concerned about water usage and odor. Cannabis is very drought tolerant and six plants is a drop in the bucket compared to the insane development of multi million dollar houses in the county. After phone calls from a number of residents the commission backed off. 

Forget autoflower and starting to cultivate now unless indoors is an option. Cannabis is very light sensitive whereby bud production begins right around summer solstice. Mine began producing buds about a week before solstice and average 3-4 ft in height. Will be potting up to 10 gal containers this week and adding more phosphorus based plant food. 

A friend of mine grew a 10 ft one last year. Yield was 10.5 lbs. :lol:

Home grow is a tradition around here going back decades. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

some states are deep in the dark ages, and not even allowing medical use without jumping through hoops!!

and where either form is allowed there are  money grubbers that want to become millionaires overnight form rip-off profits

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, old3bob said:

some states are deep in the dark ages, and not even allowing medical use without jumping through hoops!!

and where either form is allowed there are  money grubbers that want to become millionaires overnight form rip-off profits

Texas was one of the most draconian states around and from what I hear legalization will happen in the next few years. Austin is the driving force behind full legalization which means big bucks. 

Already Texas is feeling the squeeze from Colorado, NM and Oklahoma ( medical only). Texans hang out around dispensaries here asking card holders to purchase Cannabis for them. That will change 4-22 when anyone can purchase from any dispensary. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ralis said:

Forget autoflower and starting to cultivate now unless indoors is an option. Cannabis is very light sensitive whereby bud production begins right around summer solstice. Mine began producing buds about a week before solstice and average 3-4 ft in height. Will be potting up to 10 gal containers this week and adding more phosphorus based plant food. 

cool, but I'm dreaming of a small (trained) plant in a small container, w/ little bonsai buds.  An oz or less is dandy.  It's illegal to grow here and exotic enough to get the folks talking if found.  

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, thelerner said:

cool, but I'm dreaming of a small (trained) plant in a small container, w/ little bonsai buds.  An oz or less is dandy.  It's illegal to grow here and exotic enough to get the folks talking if found.  

I’ve had luck with autos, indoors and out. You have to treat autos differently than regular weeds. Do not transplant, top, over water or feed. Pm me if you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ralis said:

Cannabis is fully legal here in NM. Possess and grow your own are perfectly fine. 

One Santa Fe County Commissioner tried to restrict home grow to indoors only since she was concerned about water usage and odor. Cannabis is very drought tolerant and six plants is a drop in the bucket compared to the insane development of multi million dollar houses in the county. After phone calls from a number of residents the commission backed off. 

Good luck with your harvest.

looking at norml; yeah 6 plants is allowed but over 8 oz is a felony?

1 hour ago, zerostao said:

Good luck with your harvest.

looking at norml; yeah 6 plants is allowed but over 8 oz is a felony?

Here 6 mature and 6 immature plants are allowed at anyone time. Legal to have whatever each plant produces. Will be making Rick Simpson oil. Removed a precancerous spot from my face two years ago with a concentrate. 

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/new-mexico-governor-signs-marijuana-legalization-bill-making-state-third-to-enact-reform-within-days/

Edited by ralis
  • Thanks 1

once back in the day. some hazy decade,, somewhere between Del Rio and Big Bend, I had a casual conversation with a compadre; and I suggested that the day would come along when the mota could very well travel the other direction. That bluegrass is where it's at, I told him. and he dismissed that out of hand, literally, and said, that'll be the day my friend.

B)

32 minutes ago, zerostao said:

once back in the day. some hazy decade,, somewhere between Del Rio and Big Bend, I had a casual conversation with a compadre; and I suggested that the day would come along when the mota could very well travel the other direction. That bluegrass is where it's at, I told him. and he dismissed that out of hand, literally, and said, that'll be the day my friend.

B)

Potted up to larger pots from 5 gal. yesterday. I should have done it a month ago since all were root bound. Made my own mix which should work well. Happy Frog mix, ( Humboldt County) organic compost, composted steer manure. 

https://foxfarm.com/product/happy-frog-potting-soil

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ralis said:

Potted up to larger pots from 5 gal. yesterday. I should have done it a month ago since all were root bound. Made my own mix which should work well. Happy Frog mix, ( Humboldt County) organic compost, composted steer manure. 

https://foxfarm.com/product/happy-frog-potting-soil

sounds good.

I've tried to turn a few of my friends on to Fox Farms in the past and they were like naw, we good, we got miracle grow and twenty year old chicken poop :lol: 

I knew it was best to let the conversation end. 

my guess is you consistently produce quality herb :)

54 minutes ago, zerostao said:

sounds good.

I've tried to turn a few of my friends on to Fox Farms in the past and they were like naw, we good, we got miracle grow and twenty year old chicken poop :lol: 

I knew it was best to let the conversation end. 

my guess is you consistently produce quality herb :)

Miracle Grow is crap! Synthetic fertilizers are not good for water systems or the soil for that matter. Nitrate runoff pollutes wells and ground water.

I also use Gro-Power which is about as close to organic as you can get. NPK is well balanced and doesn't push trees, shrubbery, perennials or annuals, cannabis loves it too.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2021 at 10:14 AM, thelerner said:

Encephalon, you've inspired me.  Finally pulled the trigger and ordered 3 Blueberry autoflowering seeds.  To honor my coming 57th birthday,  grow one little plant bonsai style.  See how it goes and grows.  

On 9/14/2021 at 5:19 PM, thelerner said:

By bonsa-ing I'm just thinking of a heavy 90 degree tilt.  I read good things about such training.

On 9/14/2021 at 5:25 PM, Nungali said:

3 seeds ?   Only 3  ?  .  I wonder how much that  costs ?

A friend of mine ordered these so called special seeds, with 'guarantee ' ,  'will be female '  etc etc BS ordered in from Holland   , they cost a huge amount and he was showing them  to me  and complained that not many had germinated .  I looked at the remainder  ....

" Dude !  Some of these sides are not even matured ! "   - small, green , you could squash them between your fingers .

On 9/14/2021 at 6:09 PM, ralis said:

Are the seeds sativa or indica? Indica is easier to grow due to a shorter flowering time. Watch out for pathogens since it sounds like you are growing indoors. Botrytis cinerea or bud rot will devastate your grow and biologicals are the best for controlling pathogens..

Moved from the Turning 61 thread.

3 Seeds were $30, but got a $6 discount so $24, but wait! shipping was an expensive $10, so $34, so $11.50 a seed, not so fast paying with a credit card meant getting 3 extra mystery seeds.  So kinda $6 a seed, but I'm hoping all I need is one.  That it germinates and gets me a dried oz or 2.  I am a man of simple needs. 

I picked the Blueberry something because they seemed like ideal indoor plants.  Self flowering, short, low smell, probably a hybrid of indica and sativa as I recall.  <90% indica but I'm mellow w/ that>

My plan is old school- grab one, throw in my mouth, and swish it around for a bit.  The acids and saliva should soften the outer coding, change its RNA and establish a telepathic link with the plant.  This way if I'm ever in trouble, say getting arrested I can call to it for help.  Course being a plant it can't move or talk or do much. 

Still 20 years later when I'm in prison I'll notice a guard who seem a little dopey.  I'll call to him, say 'Let me out'.  He'll nod and say 'Why not.'  And I'll be free thanks to the plant's progenitor.  Thus, best $34 I've ever spent.    

Edited by thelerner
  • Haha 1

I have been curious about something for a long time in regard to this plant. I've always noticed it has attracted somewhat renegade personalities. You guys think that could be in relation to the plants usage itself being rooted in tantric culture pharmacology understanding? I mean it kinda came from nepal...tibetan region about 7000-8000 years ago. Of course this is a theory coming out of a growers manual that is At least 10 years old now. Just curious I work at a medical dispensary...and I just notice all the Client Le just push the envelope endlessly so. Especially by way of coming in at the last minute, but then again if it indeed does come from the tantric peoples perhaps that plays into the whole Anuttara "outlaw" ways of thinking. Maybe I'm taking it too literally lol.

• Like 2

Reenactment of 2001 in front of the DEA building in D.C. Demanding the DEA evolve on Cannabis policy.

DEADLY  hail storm yesterday !    I have had this happen before  =  piles of ice with green sludge mashed up in it   :(   .

Hail is NOT a friend to the gardener .

I saw it up the valley as I was heading home from the coast , it was heading east and I was heading west  -  smash !   Most cars pulled over but due to very strange circumstances * I continued through it .  My little Honda AWD seems designed exactly for that :D  . In some places hail was in drifts half way up my wheels , which made driving interesting . One stage I hit a  hail bank on the road and it exploded around the car as I drove through it   ( must be that funny plastic shovel nosed front on the car ).  Where there was no hail on the road it was green mush from smashed vegetation .

Then going along my road after I passed through the storm there was a strong smell of garlic  ,  garlic fields smashed .  Oh no !

But when I get home  'things' are 95% undamaged .  Even two trees came down and missed things by a couple of feet .  Lucky !

* Even in slightly heavy rain I will pull over and stop .  For some reason I could see a patch ahead of me the whole time . I could hear hail pounding the roof of the car , I could see hail falling ahead of me and out the side windows .  I could see big chunks of it bouncing on the road side , yet I ddnt see one bit hit the windscreen or the bonnet  the whole time I drove through the storm .   -  Very curious .

• Like 1

My grow failed this fall! Due to growing from cuttings and not seed. Will never make the same mistake again. 

Amsterdam supplies the best seed in the world!  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ralis said:

My grow failed this fall! Due to growing from cuttings and not seed. Will never make the same mistake again. 

Amsterdam supplies the best seed in the world!  

How did it fail ?  In my experience , once the cutting is underway  (starts producing new leaves, even tiny ones ) it just keeps growing .

With all sorts of plants .... at the moment I have 'Purple Passion' ( Gynura)  cuttings sprouting their first new leaves .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVZCzunvMGp62PTDfu8DN

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Nungali said:

How did it fail ?  In my experience , once the cutting is underway  (starts producing new leaves, even tiny ones ) it just keeps growing .

With all sorts of plants .... at the moment I have 'Purple Passion' ( Gynura)  cuttings sprouting their first new leaves .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVZCzunvMGp62PTDfu8DN

With cloning, genetic drift occurs. Especially, with all the crazy hybridization these days. Just before harvest bud leaves started to dry up. Really pissed me off! 

My plants were around 4’ each which should have yielded about 2 lbs each.