thelerner

New Dao Bums world map created

The old one died when Google changed its format.  Here's a new one.  Started today.  If you'd like put a pin near your abode.

*note the pin doesn't have to be close (anywhere near your town) and ofcourse pinning is purely optional .  I'd recommend using your DB handle but its all optional.

I'm seeing how this works.  Consider it a beta.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/drive?state={"ids"%3A["1OAtgZd91G_F0P0GX_y-yrSEhSQvrHDjl"]%2C"action"%3A"open"%2C"userId"%3A"105547066867148873474"}&usp=sharing

Note  new shared link above

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

I miss the old map, thanks for starting this, it was fun to peruse and see where folks are...

I don't seem able to add a layer or marker, even when signed in to g-maps though.

Perhaps there is a setting that is preventing those who are not the map owner from adding markers?

Or mayhaps my tech savvyness is stale :).

I'll try again in a bit and see if it's just operator error.

12 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

I miss the old map, thanks for starting this, it was fun to peruse and see where folks are...

I don't seem able to add a layer or marker, even when signed in to g-maps though.

Perhaps there is a setting that is preventing those who are not the map owner from adding markers?

Or mayhaps my tech savvyness is stale :).

I'll try again in a bit and see if it's just operator error.

Ditto :) 

@C T @moment @silent thunder

Try this link: https://www.google.com/maps/d/drive?state={"ids"%3A["1OAtgZd91G_F0P0GX_y-yrSEhSQvrHDjl"]%2C"action"%3A"open"%2C"userId"%3A"105547066867148873474"}&usp=sharing

I like that it ends with sharing.  I'm gonna change the link on top to it.  fingers crossed.

Edited by thelerner
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Tried again.  Still only able to observe the map, not interact in any way.

The only person I've excluded is silent thunder, everyone else can..

can't do anything.  Apparently from Google-

You can't share:

• A map with your saved locations, which are private
  • A map with a distance measurement

Unless someone wiser then I figures out how to share pins?  It may not be a feature anymore :( , which is why our original map went dead. 

Bummer.

Thanks for trying.  The old map was a welcome feature that always reminded me how magickal this place is... all these folks from around the globe; that I'd never have a chance to meet otherwise, coming together and sharing.

• Like 1