Sign in to follow this  
Welcomer

A new member wrote How does one even start the Dao?

New member Mithras wrote 'How does one even start the Dao?'

my 2 bits

It starts with your head, ends with your Way in life. You start by reading the DDJ and various classics.  Soak up some philosophy.. then look at your life, your actions, the big and little stuff and see how it can flow better. 

<course the above is a very Western philosophical answer vs a Daoist religious one>

Edited by Welcomer

14 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

@Welcomer  What exactly do you mean by  " how it can flow better "  ?    how you define "flow better"  ? 

I often confuse Zen and Daoism.  Not that I know much about either.  But Zen (& I guess Daoism) has the ideal of living in flow.  In tune with Nature and the patterns of our community.  Valuing things correctly, holding on loosely.   Appreciating the Now without worry, while having the wisdom to chart future strategies without anxiety.  

Being rooted in simple honestly.  Mostly unflappable, but okay with being emotional because it comes and goes.  Flowing like a river, with obstacles overcome naturally. 

Edited by Welcomer
  • Like 1

@Welcomer  can you give examples in daily life decision making ?

in remarking someone about something  -   do you accept what he does or you remark him ?  always accept other behavior never remark ?

do you accept reality and everything you expirence ?  and if you what is your motivation to do actions ?  

Sign in to follow this