Toni

Good non-chinese internal practices

We all like qigong and tai chi here, but I wonder if there are interesting internal arts which are not from China. For example, there is this Mo Pai thing which is from Indonesia, or Yoga from India. Also it seems there are interesting practices in South America. Are there interesting stuff in other places, like Japan, Korea or the Philippines? And in the West?

Edited by Toni
  • Like 1

Honestly from what I’ve experienced recently in this forum, no. But I’d be happy to share with you through message if you’d like.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Toni said:

We all like qigong and tai chi here, but I wonder if there are interesting internal arts which are not from China. For example, there is this Mo Pai thing which is from Indonesia, or Yoga from India. Also it seems there are interesting practices in South America. Are there interesting stuff in other places, like Japan, Korea or the Philippines? And in the West?

Yoga - The hindu section. 

Mo Pai - There used to be informative discussions on that subject, but the old classic threads have been hidden by Sean. 

A majority of the korean and japanese methods are closely related to the chinese. 

Some Indonesian methods have been mentioned on this site as have shamanistic traditions which you can find examples of from all over the planet, they are just not the focus for this particular site. 

Sufism, christian, and jewish methods, western magic traditions (some exponents of the later on this site, there is also a section for that). 

• Like 3

there are many interesting techniques in the west too: pilates, alexander technique, reichian bodywork, feldenkrais method, rolfing, etc. I will give a try to Feldenkrais method

I studied Daoist practices for a long time and then found Tibetan Bön practices. There are a wide variety of practices that have been very effective for me.

• Thanks 1