EmeraldHead

What happens if you build energy but Never CIRCULATE it or guide to LDT ?

What happens if you build a lot of chi or other energies Daily, for a longer time, maybe months, maybe years, and never do qiqong or visualisation/Yi exercises of any kind; let alone any kind of meditation; maybe you just work out - ala western style?  -- Would the chi leak into the environment?

For the past few weeks I've been using chi charged videos and images on my phone, just let them on my lap or tucked in at the belt area while doing sitting down at the desk/office. Chi is building up for sure.

Related to this question, what if you NEVER focus on dan tiens ever! Many hindus/buddhists/etc and legendary yogis have strong prana but never focus on the LDT stuff of daoism. Do these structures or 'things' form on their own eventually as long as the energy accumulates and you live a calm/healthy, maybe meditative lifestyle?

This is a real important question. I don't posit to have the answer unfortunately, and I would enjoy it if more experienced folks could chime in.

I will tell a tale and entertain you though. Once, a super advanced member of this forum wrote "What is the LDT ?". I won't say whom. That is something to ponder. I will say that in the more traditional systems of neidan, you need to focus on LDT.

Look at Wang Liping's system for example.  According to Nathan, his lead Western instructor, you need 6 hours of meditation a day to create the (first) elixir in the LDT. Might take a year or more. And then they have 9 elixirs in total in their tradition. Nine. And that's not even the fetus yet. Got a few decades to spare ?

>> Got LDT ? 

That is the question. Maybe it's like that "Got Milk ?" commercial. At first, the company wasn't selling much, until they posed the question to their target audience... Got Milk ? Suddenly they needed it, because they felt something was lacking. Isn't it the same for cultivation ?

Some early Masters didn't even know what a LDT was, and it would come as a by-product of meditation and sitting practice. What I gathered from Master Ni Hua Ching in particular, is that sublimation is more important than LDT, although they can work hand in hand too. But the LDT isn't the end I mean. As long as energy sublimates, it is alchemy in that you are refining your gross sexual energy to subtle energy. 

And I think your question is only natural. We're conditioned to return the Qi to LDT, and it is safe too. But I would venture the thought that if you keep your mind still on your whole body, and don't specifically focus on LDT, I think you can still be fine, if you follow the principle of naturalness.

In fact, I think not knowing what the LDT is, and not worrying about it, is sometimes more natural than having pre-conceived ideas about returning all the Qi there (and "packing it there" whatever that means). In other words, if you don't look for it, let it find you. Keep the mind still and one day you will feel heat from the lower abdomen region. Then you might say, "Hi LDT !" If your family and friends are around, they may send you to a psych ward though, so be careful.

But if you are following a system, then please follow every step along the way. Creating a LDT is the starting point for many systems. I'm just saying if you practice in a natural way and don't impose any frames on your practice, then you're in a good place. At least you can learn and move from there to any system if you want too, and eventually build a DanTian if needed.

Edited by Sebastian
Added sprinkles of awesomeness
  • Like 4

tldr: Fire Deviation.

No the qi would not be released into the environment. It will get clogged up inside you and fry your brain, burn your nerve, keeping you in intense discomfort and eventually drive you insane.

Refer to this guy as a cautionary tale

• Like 2

21 hours ago, EmeraldHead said:

What happens if you build a lot of chi or other energies Daily, for a longer time, maybe months, maybe years, and never do qiqong or visualisation/Yi exercises of any kind; let alone any kind of meditation; maybe you just work out - ala western style?  -- Would the chi leak into the environment?

Chi is like money.  They come in but they are also spent. 

As to focusing on LDT, Taoist focuses on LDT, MDT, UDT, other parts like feet, skin, outside......, depending on the system or levels.  

• Like 1

I've heard about one of a Taichi Master did that and became very sick. He had to remove his qi lower dantian before serious health issue. This is why you need to circulate your qi when you practice. 

3 minutes ago, EmeraldHead said:

But what about the dudes who are celibate for like 10-15 years? They have more prana than the vast majority of people on this forums history.

Still interested in this question?   There are 2 theories.  Each supported by well-known masters.  The storing Chi in LDT is the more common.  Another thinking is man is like a balloon, Chi permeates everywhere.

As to whether Chi is over-accumulated in one area and becomes sluggish and lead to problems, Damo Mitchell says it can be dangerous.  My view is it depends.  For 20+ young male, their Chi would be strong, but they probably spend a lot on all activities or unhealthy lifestyles.  And they are physically active.  So Chi runs around even without internal training.   For older or weak persons, Chi is never sufficient, there would be no accumulation whatsoever.   Chi stagnancy is another issue. 

On 2020-05-12 at 9:31 PM, EmeraldHead said:

What happens if you build a lot of chi or other energies Daily, for a longer time, maybe months, maybe years, and never do qiqong or visualisation/Yi exercises of any kind; let alone any kind of meditation;

How would a person build qi without this? 

maybe you just work out - ala western style?  -- Would the chi leak into the environment?

Doesn't that kind of work out use qi. 

For the past few weeks I've been using chi charged videos and images on my phone, just let them on my lap or tucked in at the belt area while doing sitting down at the desk/office. Chi is building up for sure.

Who is sure about that? 

Related to this question, what if you NEVER focus on dan tiens ever! Many hindus/buddhists/etc and legendary yogis have strong prana but never focus on the LDT stuff of daoism. 

Ehm,  you might want to do another litterature research. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, EmeraldHead said:

But what about the dudes who are celibate for like 10-15 years? They have more prana than the vast majority of people on this forums history.

And you know this? 

• Like 3

Since it is a big planet, maybe there is someone out there, who as an adult lives in celibacy and through physical exercise develope more prana than anyone who posts here. 

Why not, everything is possible. 

Is that the most likely outcome? 

I mean, for most people?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

Since it is a big planet, maybe there is someone out there, who as an adult lives in celibacy and through physical exercise develope more prana than anyone who posts here. 

Why not, everything is possible. 

Is that the most likely outcome? 

I mean, for most people?

The problem with the hypothesis like that makes me immediately wonder why incels don't have good prana. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

How would a person build qi without this? 

My answer here is not direct to the original poster's line of inquiry, but rather a diagonal approach on the topic how to develop internal side without mediation or energy work.

It sounds a lot what the Confucians would do. It's not necessary to meditate or involve theories of vital energy if your conduct is entirely spotless and your heart remains calm at all times. Under those conditions it's then natural for humans to spontaneously develop vitality and become enlightened sages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

The problem with the hypothesis like that makes me immediately wonder why incels don't have good prana. 

They wank off and do not exercise. 😁 

59 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

Ehm,  you might want to do another litterature research. 

Yes I know LDT points or accumulating prana there is quite central to a lot of ancient teachings.

But, simply putting chi from the air in the LDT point won't take you 'higher' or inside. Otherwise everyone in the modern times would be a sage and understand fully all the ancient texts and instructions.

There is a story of a hindu dude who did against his Gurus instructions. As punishment he was to cultivate for 7 years in the mountains. He did so motionless in one-legged horse stance; he rested the other foot on the standing legs thigh, like when you fold your leg for lotus). Surely he had immense prana.

But earthly prana is not neither core to his practice nor his story. So what did he do?

I made this thread curious what happens if you bulk up on higher shens that you can't handle yet. I was looking to draw parallels from postnatal :D

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EmeraldHead said:

But, simply putting chi from the air in the LDT point won't take you 'higher' or inside. Otherwise everyone in the modern times would be a sage and understand fully all the ancient texts and instructions.

I totally agree! 

• Like 1

Chi is an universal phenomenon.   It can accumulate with or without Chikung/NeiGung/NeiDaan.  There are other ways like Confucianism, by outward behaviour and personal management.  Normal sports also build Chi.  Perhaps not basketball, but walking, swimming surely do. Others include Chinese calligraphy, painting, music, religious activities like chanting, even helping others. 

The Taoist way is the better way, more efficient and effective, because it directly works on Chi itself.   It is a full system, taking into account building Chi, preventing loss, fast accumulation, avoidance of sidetracked.

40 minutes ago, Cleansox said:

They wank off and do not exercise. 😁 

The incels also have a subsect called “no fap”. 😆

• Haha 1

won't speculate to much details but on principle and for instance #1: if one gains beneficial knowledge yet does not use it properly what happens?  at best they lose it, at worse it becomes corrupted and twisted for non-beneficial use.  #2 what happens if one gains beneficial energy through pranayama but does not use it properly... same idea or result as with #1.  #3.  what if one receives a blessing and does not use or share it wisely?  at best they lose it, at worst it can become like a curse.

"Be careful what you ask for you may get it" 

"to whom much is given much is expected"

10 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

The incels also have a subsect called “no fap”. 😆

severely depressive, victimised locked in worldview backed by a strongly invested  narrative why everything is absolutely horrible, everything is impossible and women are the most evil creatures on the planet

depressed, and broken spirit,

that would be my take on why

1 hour ago, EmeraldHead said:

Hey c'mon, some incels are decent boys, they just have health problems. Keep your negativity to yourself you yin ghosts.

Doesn’t actually work like that with regards to cultivation, but okay. 🙄