waterdrop

If i am 100% happy and accepting to present moment - why do anything ?

If i am 100%  fully  content with the peresent moment accepting whatever is .........  why would i do anything ? 

43 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

If i am 100%  fully  content with the peresent moment accepting whatever is .........  why would i do anything ? 

You can feel happy, but that won't necessarily change the needs at the moment; you can smile and find complete joy when your kids are starving and everyone else around you is panicking--but would you still ask if you would do anything? Reality won't necessarily change because you feel happy and content, because feeling happy and shifting vibrations are two separate things, though often they can affect one another if the joy comes from the right place; i.e. not from a drunken fool. 

• Like 2

If you don't do anything, what is there to accept and/or reject? 

Edited by C T
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, waterdrop said:

Because it is in alignment with your (inner) nature to act. Strictly speaking this is not 'doing' but still is action of your mind and body. This 'non-doing' just occurs spontaneously and is not caused (nor inhibited) by your intent or choice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, waterdrop said:

Out of boredom ?  ......   "Stir the pond' a bit  .

In my philosophy life is about more than happiness ,  although that is VERY important .  When one feels an overwhelming deep , and gratitude about being alive, then one wants to explore as many aspects of one's life as possible .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, C T said:

If you don't do anything, what is there to accept and/or reject? 

if i just lay there   (and lets assume i wont die )        than  i will have  heat    and cold    and thoughts   and pain   and itches and boredom and sounds etc 

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Out of boredom ?  ......   "Stir the pond' a bit  .

but what if i accept boredom ?  i am happy with it  ?    (meaning i reached a level i accept boredom)

2 hours ago, wstein said:

Because it is in alignment with your (inner) nature to act. Strictly speaking this is not 'doing' but still is action of your mind and body. This 'non-doing' just occurs spontaneously and is not caused (nor inhibited) by your intent or choice.

@wstein    can  you expand a bit on this point please

also is there a name for this (so i can google search on it) ?

41 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

but what if i accept boredom ?  i am happy with it  ?    (meaning i reached a level i accept boredom)

I would say 'your' spirit is somehow broken and that should be the motivation to do something  ( to  do something about a broken spirit, I mean ) .

Personally, I find it 'theoretical' to be both  perfectly happy and being bored , and being happy with being bored .   We are not talking lobotomy or medication here ?  Thats the idea  I get from a state of,  always happy, and bored and happy with bored .... urk !   :unsure:

I dont believe in the stasis / 'steady stare' theory myself - it's either advance and onward or entropy and decay .  So for me the 'God force' is in the go-ing , not ( merely just ) the be-ing

• Like 1

7 hours ago, waterdrop said:

Congrats , you are in Wu ji state (primordial).  

• Like 1

Talking about meditation and enlightenment  and thous stuff    ...  not drugs or lobotomy or medication

10 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Personally, I find it 'theoretical' to be both  perfectly happy and being bored , and being happy with being bored

yep fine  that works as well  ....      so im (talking about the theoretical future here not present moment of course - as in my orignial question)  perfectly happy to sit in the chair  and thats it

Edited by waterdrop

1 hour ago, waterdrop said:

if i just lay there   (and lets assume i wont die )        than  i will have  heat    and cold    and thoughts   and pain   and itches and boredom and sounds etc 

"Laying there" is still a "doing", no? 

(Btw, how many people do you know that died from bingeing on Netflix? this is a joke btw)

All those states you mentioned are relative to stimuli, and dualistic in nature. Without a particular stimuli, that feeling relative to it does not arise. So these sensations basically exist interdependently,  and they all have degrees of manifestation. At which point within their spectrum of felt manifestation/inversion does "doing" or "not doing" occur? 

The organs functioning now within that psycho-physical temporal structure that you identify as "my body".... 

Even if you choose to not "act" out of a belief in how content you are, essentially, this structure is calibrated to constant work mode, regardlessly and independent of your influence. So, when you say "Not do anything", what exactly did you mean, or what, in your opinion, constitutes "no action"? 

Edited by C T

Because you might or may not find another layer of activity in your consciousness. What westerners call a subconsciouss; and more. Everyone is in the Dao and the Dao is immortal. Do you have a desire or thought that is immortal to you across lives?

@C T  

maybe just meditating all day long  -  not helping others -  not doing anything for "fun"  no neigong training etc

i want to know what decisions to make in life and know they are good choices    - examples of decisions :

should i go buy junk food and watch netflix alone eating junk food ?        or should i eat one healthy meal a day and thats it ?  should i meditate all day long  or just an hour every day or just 10 minutes everyday ? when is it too much that i will stop after a week and where its too little that i will fill unmotivated to do it cause of little "results" ?     should i follow neigong ?  maybe for me its a waste of time and i should just meditate till i reach a stage where i dont care if i have a dantian or not ? 

21 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

@C T  

maybe just meditating all day long  -  not helping others -  not doing anything for "fun"  no neigong training etc

i want to know what decisions to make in life and know they are good choices    - examples of decisions :

should i go buy junk food and watch netflix alone eating junk food ?        or should i eat one healthy meal a day and thats it ?  should i meditate all day long  or just an hour every day or just 10 minutes everyday ? when is it too much that i will stop after a week and where its too little that i will fill unmotivated to do it cause of little "results" ?     should i follow neigong ?  maybe for me its a waste of time and i should just meditate till i reach a stage where i dont care if i have a dantian or not ? 

Are you in the position to meditate all day long? 

What does 'meditation' mean to you? 

As for the rest of the questions you seem to struggle with, Im not sure if you're being serious. 

Are you in the position to meditate all day long? 

Yes

18 minutes ago, C T said:

What does 'meditation' mean to you? 

sitting being aware of whatever arises  

18 minutes ago, C T said:

As for the rest of the questions you seem to struggle with, Im not sure if you're being serious.

i am always serious  -  if you mean the last question set  -  they are "dumbed"down a bit  but there is serious reason i ask them  and the replies to them and the reason for the reply will be taking VERY seriously   -  its hard for me to put into words exactly what i want to ask but if you give a good reply than i take it  and not only as an answer to what i ask but also in general  

but they are a ton of questions which will need time to reply to   -   they are just examples  (Example questions)  that can be nice to be answered but just examples of the question they are trying to make clearer  which is  :

i want to know what decisions to make in life and know they are good choices 

or clearer  :    How do i know what decisions to make ?             (and more clear im aiming for the direction of answers in the line of  : "follow your  intution / higher self etc" )

Edited by waterdrop

13 hours ago, waterdrop said:

100% accepting whatever is, won't that imply that you do whatever action is required at that point in time? You don't act, action happens when required. :) 

Not doing doesn't mean sitting like a lump of clay, it means you no longer claim doer-ship for actions, and it's not a mental thing. It truly is a letting go of the sense of doer-ship. It is a natural outcome of the dropping of self-identification (with the personality, body, and mind). 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, C T said:

He's serious, but he's not interested in paying for the kind of teacher who will give him all the answers he wants, nor is he interested in actually doing the inner work because he's too afraid of making mistakes or being without constant hand-holding. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

He's serious, but he's not interested in paying for the kind of teacher who will give him all the answers he wants, nor is he interested in actually doing the inner work because he's too afraid of making mistakes or being without constant hand-holding. 

In that case, it can prove challenging and even counterproductive. 

But the most important consideration (for me) is sincerity on the OP's part. 

Sometimes a person wants to learn, but is unable to articulate clearly his position and needs. 

As long as they are open and sincere, and not taking liberties with those who offer input, maybe in time he might gain the necessary confidence to step out of some of the self-imposed limitations that I'm sensing is his/her present obstacle. I could be mistaken. 

Someone with your level of cultivation as a guide might be just the ticket. (with a bit of patience of course) :)

Edited by C T
  • Like 1

@C T      you asked me questions  , than instead of following it up you just respond to earl greys  trolling  ( i try to ignore him as much as i can)  - what he wrote is pure bullshit

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, C T said:

In that case, it can prove challenging and even counterproductive. 

But the most important consideration (for me) is sincerity on the OP's part. 

Sometimes a person wants to learn, but is unable to articulate clearly his position and needs. 

As long as they are open and sincere, and not taking liberties with those who offer input, maybe in time he might gain the necessary confidence to step out of some the self-imposed limitations that I'm sensing is his/her present obstacle. I could be mistaken. 

Someone with your level of cultivation as a guide might be just the ticket. (with a bit of patience of course) :)

Oh I do try to help. He just doesn’t like tough love and thinks it’s trolling.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

@C T   Earl is trolling i try to ignore him -  shame he derails many threads and spoils them -  you asked me questions and i replied to them and instead you dont say anything about that but refer to what that troll says  which is  just pure  bullshit 

Earl Grey quoted my comment, and I found that there was something I wanted to respond to. I don't see why you have an issue with that, and also, what is so bs about replying to someone that I often engage with here? 

Just because I haven't had the opportunity to reply yet does not mean your query's being ignored. 

Im actually taking the time to consider your questions, but if you're unhappy with the response time, then I'm inclined to let each of us go our merry way. You do your thing, and I'll do mine. No need for tantrums. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, C T said:

what is so bs about replying to someone that I often engage with here? 

what earl grey wrote is bullshit ... 

what he wrote is pure bullshit

about the reply its not about time of reply  - i would get completly if you didnt responf at all - but after earls comment and considering it all i just dont think that was in place   ...  but fine lets all do our thing   

Edited by waterdrop
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

what earl grey wrote is bullshit ... 

Then maybe you could take it up with him. There was no need to quote me. 

The way it was spelled out in that post implied that I should only focus on your questions. 

15 hours ago, waterdrop said:

Exactly...

If you are sitting on the beach, everything is fine, what more is there to do?

Being content and accepting of all situations, however, does not mean that nothing ever needs doing.

One needs to shit, eat, shelter from a storm, interact and connect with people, and help others in need.

When the need arises the motivation to act will be there, even in the presence of contentment and acceptance. 

Perhaps I should say especially in the presence of contentment and acceptance.

The reason is that we see more clearly in that frame of mind.

We know more accurately what is needed and have less impediment to acting with precision.

• Like 3