Taomeow

Training your dragon

"To stop eating grains heals diseases, repels epidemics, plagues and evil ghosts. If done for a very long time one can deliver the world."

-- Sun Si Miao

95463318_232554071518700_5789092667732262912_n.jpg.b5f1b45dd28e14a1af692aa7ebf5fa08.jpg

• Like 8

I agree. Grains, or namely gluton causes inflammation. Depending on if you notice it, depends on how sensitive you are to it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SirPalomides said:

Is anyone here on a grain-free diet?

Not currently.  Did it in the past, a Nora Gedgaudas style "Primal" paleo version, for nine months.  Was going to do it again and experiment with a stricter version (zerocarb) and a more relaxed version (any carbs but grains), but pandemic realities threw a monkey wrench into that plan.  Still I eat gluten free 99% of the time, and even the gluten-free grains are not eaten every day. 

• Like 2

Recently did a 10 week 'daoist diet'. I ended up eating mainly animal protein and non-starchy veg.

20 hours ago, RobB said:

Recently did a 10 week 'daoist diet'. I ended up eating mainly animal protein and non-starchy veg.

What was it like on it?  Easy, hard?  What benefits did you find? 

Benefits: amazing sleep, drop in inflammation (increase in squat depth & 'ease' of body, reduction in psiorisis), even energy & mood, weight loss (15Kg in 10 weeks), deeper stillness in shen gong.

Challenges: planning - you need to get your food ready, much harder to just 'pick something up'/'sort something out', first 2-3 weeks had some moods swings, tiredness. Got a bit bored of it by the end. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, RobB said:

Benefits: amazing sleep, drop in inflammation (increase in squat depth & 'ease' of body, reduction in psiorisis), even energy & mood, weight loss (15Kg in 10 weeks), deeper stillness in shen gong.

Challenges: planning - you need to get your food ready, much harder to just 'pick something up'/'sort something out', first 2-3 weeks had some moods swings, tiredness. Got a bit bored of it by the end. 

Yes, the planning is much harder, in my experience.  Didn't get bored at all, moreover, taste perceptions sharpened to the point that when I put a piece of chocolate in my mouth after 6 months of abstaining from all sweets (with the single exception of a teaspoon of sugar in my morning coffee, but that's sacred), it burned my tongue as though I poured acid on it, had to spit it out.   (The chocolate that is, not the tongue.)   And weight loss was not welcome -- my weight was perfect when I started, give or take a few pounds, and I eventually ran out of things to wear because I couldn't plan well enough to keep consuming enough calories and weight loss was unstoppable.  So, quit that regimen with plans to go at it again once I figure out the logistics of not skipping meals due to lack of preparedness.  Gaining back the weight I lost was easy though -- a month of eating what everybody else eats did it.    

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, RobB said:

Potentially heretical @Taomeow but I gave up coffee for the 10 weeks as well :-)

Not heretical.  Sacrilegious. 

That was the biggest point of disagreement between me and my paleo guru Nora Gedgaudas.  I had utmost respect for her experience -- not only did she spend a few years living with Innuits north of the Arctic Circle but she also lived for a year with a pack of wolves -- but I figured, just because wolves don't drink coffee doesn't mean cats shouldn't.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

Is there any scientific studies on this subject ? 

The book by Nora Gedgaudas I mentioned includes 43 pages of references to scientific studies ("Primal Body, Primal Mind," pp.333--376) 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 5:14 PM, Taomeow said:

"To stop eating grains heals diseases, repels epidemics, plagues and evil ghosts. If done for a very long time one can deliver the world."

-- Sun Si Miao

Master Sun Si Miao is one of the Greatest.

I was eating rice (cut out the rest) for some years but I stopped that too almost a year ago.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vajra Fist said:

Isn't the 'avoidance of grains' a euphemism for fasting? 

No, it was reinterpreted like that by the proponents of grain consumption from different traditions that influenced some taoist sects.  In the original taoist tradition,  it has nothing to do with fasting, and constitutes a distinct branch of taoist physiology sciences that attribute to the adoption of grain-eating the invasion of the human race with the "three worms," "three monsters" or "three corpses."  These are demonic entities that inhabit the body of the grains eaters.  Ancient texts dealing with them offer their depictions, names, and descriptions of their character and activities.  In the Japanese version there's more than three of them, something like eight if I remember correctly, the rest is similar. 

These entities feed off the grains one consumes and influence the human being in both physical and spiritual realms.  In the spiritual realm they harm the person's judgment, strip off true compassion and generosity and substitute self-serving, deceptive and phony behaviors, and provoke numerous addictions, including to alcohol and sex.  They also act as agent provocateurs, seducing and prompting the person they inhabit toward assorted misdeeds, and then snitch on them to the Jade Emperor at the end of every month, reporting on all the misdeeds committed.        

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

In the original taoist tradition,  it has nothing to do with fasting, and constitutes a distinct branch of taoist physiology sciences that attribute to the adoption of grain-eating the invasion of the human race with the "three worms," "three monsters" or "three corpses."       

It´s tough making positive dietary choices in the midst of a pandemic but who wants worms?  I´m in the very beginning stages of a deworming regimen now.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 12:14 PM, Taomeow said:

-- Sun Si Miao

Taomeow I have not done an exhaustive search of previous threads on the topic (I know I should and will), but was wondering if you might be able to point me towards some useful resources covering the Daoist Diet? I am quite keen to learn how this effects us spiritually. I have been on a mostly juice (70% veggies, 30% fruit) fast with some fish & chicken to detox. Amongst the juice fasters they discuss purging the body from all the rot and left over undigested junk in the organ tracts. Supposedly it takes something like 90-120 days to stop releasing solid waste from the body when drinking only liquid juices... there is no set timeframe, just however long it takes the body to release all the solid waste. Do you think this sludge in the body could be part of what the corpse demons use to interface with our energetic fields? 

(this is a decent article on the topic if you haven't already read it / it interests you at all): 

https://sites.google.com/site/delawareteasociety/yoked-to-earth-a-treatise-on-corpse-demons-and-bigu

You miss the tiger in the picture , they always appear in pairs .

It is only after the dragon , which flies in sky  and appears  in elusive forms ,  is  trained and tamed ,  will the  white tiger on ground submit to us . Training of the dragon is the most difficult job  yet unavoidable ,  once it is done , people can ride on the dragon and become something god-like .

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1