Sign in to follow this  
polluce1

Hi to all

hi,

I'm new at this forum. My name is Valerio and I live in Italy.

I am essentially a Taoist practitioner because I like very much the Taoist vision, but anyway I'm open to the other points of view.

I have studied with some Taoist teachers in the past and the last was David (Shen) Verdesi in 2004, when he held the first Nei Gong seminar in Rome.

At the moment I still practice by myself what is more suitable for me from what I learned but I'm looking for new "worlds" and experiences.

I have seen your community and I'd like to join it and share with you information and help if you agree.

Nice to meet you, :)

valerio

Thank you two for your replies..

Could you tell me where can I post some general information about me just to let you know my person a bit better after the yesterday intro?

Thanks,

valerio

(nick: polluce)

Valerio,

Welcome to taobums! If you pm Sean he can set you up with a personal practice discussion, or here, or the main section too.

Yours,

Kyle

Thank you Kyle,

I'll do right here!

I'm Italian, 26 years old, with the passion of oriental cultures that I've been discovering since the end of the last millenium.

I started the Taoist approach when I found Mantak Chia's book Awaken Healing Light (translated in Italian) in a bookshop, that was the "launch sky jump" to enter in this exciting world.

Few months later I learned Microcosmic Orbit, Inner Smile, 6 Healing Sounds and Tao Yin from an American instructor who lives in Florence (near my town), that formerly was a disciple of Chia.

After about two years of lessons, also in Chi Kung and Tai Chi (and even in American English!), I decided to expand my horizons and look for "other shores". So I began "to sail" either in Internet and in several places of my country to try other practices, techniques and standpoints.

Now I'm finishing to digest and rielaborate these last years of testing and personal research, passing throw the systems of Micheal Winn and Davide Verdesi, waiting for new adventures.

Anyway, I'm arrived to think it's highly recommendable to have a good awareness and get a solid basic preparation before going on on higher and powerful practices.

This is my brief story....

polluce

PS.

Ah, if there's something I write or explain not very well in my not high English you're welcome to mark and correct me. Best regards :)

Valerio,

Your English is good, btw. I think over half of the taobums got into Taoism through Chia and Winn. If you haven't looked at alchemicaltaoism.com, I'd recommend it. It has road tested the Chia/Winn material and helps adapt it.

-Kyle

Kyle,

thank you again. I visited that website more times in the last days and I'm glad you did.

Look if you can find useful the information at www.thegreattao.com. Several sections are very interesting.

Cheers,

Valerio

Sign in to follow this