Salvijus

Are the different types of kundalini?

On 5/4/2020 at 1:20 AM, EmeraldHead said:

I think it depends from school to school?

Some hindu texts say the linga sharira and karana shariras move from body to body as you reincarnate. That is the bodies, but the energies (koshas) are lost. So causal body for example may come into a new life with organ injury/weakness from the previous life. (assuming there was weak anadamaya kosha on the causal body, so it never got any kind of healing to the area; never will it in the new life as well). Although pranamaya can help it heal through many lifetimes or even just one, if there is strong energy in the body.

The karana sharira (causal body) is where the seeds of karmic potentiality reside and manifest in regeneration of the subtle/astral body (linga sharira) over and over again. This in turn gives rise to the sthula sharira (physical body), which acts and thereby generates fruits of said action (karma phala), which is stored in the causal body. 

With that said, the self is immortal. I assume, the chit and para kundas target the self, immortal to the body as such, these kundas would benefit one from lifetime to another.

The causal body is essentially the Self, covered in a veil of tamas (inertia). Not knowing this, and in fact, since most people are oblivious to their causal or even their subtle body, they begin to scratch the surface with kundalini practices -- but it usually won't have any effect beyond some "high" experiences. If one doesn't have a map to get to an unknown place, odds are that they can't reach their destination. 

So the prana kundalini which can be fairly easily excited ( /scratched) by new agers as well, would bring no lasting benefit.

There is a tendency in most "energy-path" seekers to consider energy as the end-all/be-all of practice. This, imho, is reversing the relationship between awareness and energy. Energy work needs to happen to clear, declutter, and focus the mind. The mind needs to be involved because without the mind, knowing can't happen. What needs to happen is that the mind becomes transparent, into what is called "No Mind", which is actually a non-grasping mind. When the mind is in the non-grasping state naturally, reality as it is, is known without any efforts.  Chit Kundalini awakening is in essence the purification of the mind so that it rests in the non-grasping mode naturally. This is also called "sahaja samadhi". 

Dwai said:

"The causal body is essentially the Self, covered in a veil of tamas (inertia). Not knowing this, and in fact, since most people are oblivious to their causal or even their subtle body, they begin to scratch the surface with kundalini practices -- but it usually won't have any effect beyond some "high" experiences. If one doesn't have a map to get to an unknown place, odds are that they can't reach their destination"

Hello Dwai,  I'm wondering about your use of terms above?  A common parallel name usage for the term causal, its realm and related light body forms is the realm of the third world and of god like beings; (aka Brahma loka or Siva loka)  but not as the transcendent, and beyond categories Self or Brahman...from which all else "springs" forth from as stated in the Chandogya Upanisad.  (as just one definitive example from revealed doctrine)  My take is that first springing forth of Prana from the Self is woven into countless light or soul bodies and is how the Self interacts with the 3 worlds yet such is not the Self per se.  For what is woven will someday return to the unwoven.

• Like 1

Here some advices on how to handle Kundalini awakening. Rule of the thumb - follow only adept’s advices. Been having similar experiencess some years ago and could not make sense out of it neither contradicting advices on forums were doing any justice, untill I encountered the guide. Hardly anyone can handle this energy on their own properly. DIY is not adviced path.

Edited by Kubba
  • Thanks 1

who really wants to give up identification as a particular person and all that that entails,  to be unbound spirit beyond everything they know?   

26 minutes ago, old3bob said:

who really wants to give up identification as a particular person and all that that entails,  to be unbound spirit beyond everything they know?   

Good question.

What if the problem isn't simply about cosmic identification, but mishandling and neglect of the existent bodily karma that continues its presence and function right here on the surface of planet Earth?

There seems to be certain nihilism and disillusionment with certain spiritual types that they wish to abandon the world and its grief instead of spending that newly-discovered loving awareness in helping others and making people around them happier.

What is love without decisive action and compassionate motivation? Navel gazing and absorptive exaltation of spiritual bliss can satisfy us only so far until we face that we are interdependent with everyone else in order to bring real meaning into our lives.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2020 at 2:59 PM, old3bob said:

Hello Dwai,  I'm wondering about your use of terms above?  A common parallel name usage for the term causal, its realm and related light body forms is the realm of the third world and of god like beings; (aka Brahma loka or Siva loka)  but not as the transcendent, and beyond categories Self or Brahman...from which all else "springs" forth from as stated in the Chandogya Upanisad.  (as just one definitive example from revealed doctrine)  My take is that first springing forth of Prana from the Self is woven into countless light or soul bodies and is how the Self interacts with the 3 worlds yet such is not the Self per se.  For what is woven will someday return to the unwoven.

That is the classical model -- Causal body of Self in Satvic form is Ishwara. The casual body of Self in Tamasic form is individual causal bodies. 

On 4/30/2020 at 1:15 AM, Salvijus said:

Yesterday I had a kundalini experience triggered by reading a certain passage in the bible. I closed my eyes and just allowed the energy move freely. It started to vibrate strongly in the heart chakra as I was focusing more on it it intensified more and more then shifted to 5th then 6th then 7th chakra then energy somehow went to to base chakra and then started to go upwards through the spine all the up in my brains and top of the head and then just whole body was vibrating. This whole cycle of energy to travel took about 1.30h. I had no idea what is happening nor was I controlling it, I just allowed Jesus grace to do the work and this is what happened. This sounds very simmilar to typical kundalini I heard of. Now I feel constant energy in me like I'm on coffee 24/7. I sleep only 4h I have too much energy that never runs out. I feel a little bit of burning or itching sensation in my spine occasionally, I think my nervous system is adjusting to this new intense energy. (Hope this is not something bad) so far I'm handling the energy pretty well. I read some horrific experiences of other people experiencing the same itching/burning sensation all over the body nonstop and go into madness... scary stuff

What do you think? Is this kundalini? I can't turn it off either.

What should I do? This energy seems to be purifing me without me doing anything. Should I still meditate? I'm a bit afraid to meditate now because this is a strange territoty for me, I don't want to intensify my kundalini by accident to the point where it will begin burning even more. Now is enough as it is.

Anyone has something to say?  Are here any who are going through kundalini also?

Cheers, please replay and have a nice day :)

This sounds a lot like a kundalini experience to me.  Mine had a similarly strange onset - completely spontaneous, as was yours.  I was standing in my bedroom about to pick up a heavy tray off the floor.  I heard a voice in my head say 'keep your back straight'.  I bent over with my back straight, picked up the tray, and heard 3 strange snaps (horizontally) across the sacrum area.  At that moment, I heard the loudest sound - like a train, right outside my bedroom patio.  It was a horrible sound - I placed my hands on my ears and lay down on the bed.  It was so strange.  But I've subsequently read (maybe Gobi Krishna) that the kundalini awakening is often accompanied by the sound of either a train or a cyclone.

I had no idea what had happened.  None.  I too felt the electricity in my body but I had never heard of kundalini.  It wasn't until the next day when my husband and I went to a coffee house in Ojai, that a complete stranger approached me as I was fixing my coffee.  She said 'I have something out in my car that you need to read'.  I had no idea, but I waited until she came back in with the book.  She said that she needed it back real soon, that she uses it to teach.  But it was about kundalini awakening.  How in the world did one complete stranger take one look at me and know that I was going through this?  I took the book, read it that night, and sent it back to her.  That was it - it was a kundalini awakening.

There used to be a site called kundalini-gateway.org that I would frequent - lots of different types of kundalini experiences - but I don't think the site is still there.

As to meditation - sure.  It might be a little difficult at the beginning while your electricity is wayward and new, it might be hard to still the mind.  After living with this for maybe 15 years, it does get easier to live with, although it never really leaves me alone.  I wish it would occasionally.  It can get a bit bothersome, the chronic electrical tingling in the back, the neck, the head.  I've come to my own personal conclusion on this.  I think it may prepare the way for future realizations.  But the kundalini awakening in itself isn't the whole enchilada.  There was much more to come, in my case at least.  Not in the way of physical changes - just spiritual changes and realizations.

One thing the kundalini energy did for me, was to turn me into a pianist who could only play with sheet music - into a pianist who only plays by ear now.  It gave me the incredible ability to sit and arrange a musical piece on the spot and play it beautifully.  I had no ability to do this prior to my awakening.  It was also the development of a third eye.  But the third eye needs a bit of training too, it keeps getting more finely tuned as you use it.

Good luck with all this!  Your life will probably take some wonderful new turns.  Don't be freaked out by the horrible kundalini stories you'll read - those are at the far end of the spectrum.  Chances are none of that stuff will happen to you.  One poor guy's penis wouldn't hold still and did all sorts of single-minded things.  Don't worry, lol.  You'll probably be fine. :lol:

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2020 at 5:52 AM, virtue said:

Good question.

What if the problem isn't simply about cosmic identification, but mishandling and neglect of the existent bodily karma that continues its presence and function right here on the surface of planet Earth?

There seems to be certain nihilism and disillusionment with certain spiritual types that they wish to abandon the world and its grief instead of spending that newly-discovered loving awareness in helping others and making people around them happier.

What is love without decisive action and compassionate motivation? Navel gazing and absorptive exaltation of spiritual bliss can satisfy us only so far until we face that we are interdependent with everyone else in order to bring real meaning into our lives.

spiritual laws will kick in concerning what you are saying about navel gazing and abandoning certain dharmas....thus one can only get so far without giving back.  Who knows for how many lifetimes or in what measure various masters have given back  before they had partly earned and were also given the choice to leave or continue helping in this world...For instance one could say the historic Buddha had that choice after who knows how many lifetimes of dharmic merit he lived when he then decided to finally leave after he had done his part.  

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1