Salvijus

Are the different types of kundalini?

Yesterday I had a kundalini experience triggered by reading a certain passage in the bible. I closed my eyes and just allowed the energy move freely. It started to vibrate strongly in the heart chakra as I was focusing more on it it intensified more and more then shifted to 5th then 6th then 7th chakra then energy somehow went to to base chakra and then started to go upwards through the spine all the up in my brains and top of the head and then just whole body was vibrating. This whole cycle of energy to travel took about 1.30h. I had no idea what is happening nor was I controlling it, I just allowed Jesus grace to do the work and this is what happened. This sounds very simmilar to typical kundalini I heard of. Now I feel constant energy in me like I'm on coffee 24/7. I sleep only 4h I have too much energy that never runs out. I feel a little bit of burning or itching sensation in my spine occasionally, I think my nervous system is adjusting to this new intense energy. (Hope this is not something bad) so far I'm handling the energy pretty well. I read some horrific experiences of other people experiencing the same itching/burning sensation all over the body nonstop and go into madness... scary stuff

What do you think? Is this kundalini? I can't turn it off either.

What should I do? This energy seems to be purifing me without me doing anything. Should I still meditate? I'm a bit afraid to meditate now because this is a strange territoty for me, I don't want to intensify my kundalini by accident to the point where it will begin burning even more. Now is enough as it is.

Anyone has something to say?  Are here any who are going through kundalini also?

Cheers, please replay and have a nice day :)

Edited by Salvijus

59 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

What should I do?

I don't think it's kundalini - but it's something :)

I would suggest sitting in stillness with it. Trying to ignore it or 'make it less' might just create more heat in the system. Sit in stillness and let go - don't attach too much significance to it, don't try to work out what's happening or become hypervigilant to what's going on inside. Just sit, breathe, let go.

• Like 4

@freeformthank you for your response, I appreaciate it :)

I can imagine what weird kind of energy manifestations are possible besides kundalini then :D interesting world of spirituality :)

Edited by Salvijus
  • Like 1

Hello,simple sincere  prayer instead of some type of meditation method may be the way to go until you get a much better handle on what is going on, more so if you do not have a qualified teacher...For some information there is,  "Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man" by Gopi Krishna  which I believe is on Amazon.  This author has written several books and gives lots of first hand details, that is if you haven't already come across him before.  Stay well grounded, taking walks in nature and keeping up work on your normal daily  routines and relationships goes hand in hand for balance  and should be good general advice to help deal with changes...   

6 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Yesterday I had a kundalini experience triggered by reading a certain passage in the bible. I closed my eyes and just allowed the energy move freely. It started to vibrate strongly in the heart chakra as I was focusing more on it it intensified more and more then shifted to 5th then 6th then 7th chakra then energy somehow went to to base chakra and then started to go upwards through the spine all the up in my brains and top of the head and then just whole body was vibrating. This whole cycle of energy to travel took about 1.30h. I had no idea what is happening nor was I controlling it, I just allowed Jesus grace to do the work and this is what happened. This sounds very simmilar to typical kundalini I heard of. Now I feel constant energy in me like I'm on coffee 24/7. I sleep only 4h I have too much energy that never runs out. I feel a little bit of burning or itching sensation in my spine occasionally, I think my nervous system is adjusting to this new intense energy. (Hope this is not something bad) so far I'm handling the energy pretty well. I read some horrific experiences of other people experiencing the same itching/burning sensation all over the body nonstop and go into madness... scary stuff

What should I do? This energy seems to be purifing me without me doing anything. Should I still meditate? I'm a bit afraid to meditate now because this is a strange territoty for me, I don't want to intensify my kundalini by accident to the point where it will begin burning even more. Now is enough as it is.

Anyone has something to say?  Are here any who are going through kundalini also?

Cheers, please replay and have a nice day :)

There are not different types of kundalini. Have you been intentionally forcing through certain types of yoga or even pranayama? 

1 hour ago, ralis said:

There are not different types of kundalini. Have you been intentionally forcing through certain types of yoga or even pranayama? 

I used to do a little bit of pranayama, kriya yoga and hatha yoga for about a year before but never any chakra work. I also started to experience about a month ago a new pathway of energy when I do specific form of self-inquiry where I reach a certain state and when I stay there the energy starts boiling at the root chakra but doesn't go through the spine it goes in the front of the body through all the 7 chakras and descends to 4th chakra and then again rises like this in circles, each time I make a circle the energy becomes more and more intense where deep states of equanimity, almost samadhi happens. I'm calling this shiva kundalini becouse his image always appears in my mind when I do this form of self-inquiry. But I don't know what this is also. It seem to have a brain of it's own.

Here in Christian kundalini I wasnt using any vizualization, any breathing technique no mantra no self-inquiry nothing, I just focused on the "Jesus vibe" sort of like a devotional feeling inside that I got from reading the bible and the energy was moving by itself, I was just observing where will it go next as I continue to focus in devotion and trying intensify it. I only had to make myself available and open and somehow it happened. I think I'd be able to repeat again but I don't think that would be a smart thing to do right now :D

@old3bob thank you for your words :)

@ऋषि cheers! :)

OMG!!!

The pathway of energy described here resembles what happened to me.

I think this might be some kind of christian version of kundalini indeed.

Edited by Salvijus

There are three kinds of kundalini. What is most commonly known is called “prana kundalini”.

A more subtle kundalini is “chit kundalini”. The awakening of this is also known as “enlightenment”. This awakening will also imply prana kundalini is awake. There needs to be sufficient purification of the mind via past life good karma and/or present life purifications  for chit kundalini to awaken. 

There is also another called “parā kundalini” which is beyond the scope of embodied humans. 

25 minutes ago, dwai said:

There is also another called “parā kundalini” which is beyond the scope of embodied humans. 

What does that mean, beyond the scope of embodied humans? As in, you've already left the body at that point? :) 

4 minutes ago, anshino23 said:

What does that mean, beyond the scope of embodied humans? As in, you've already left the body at that point? :) 

Yes, it means one is not in the human body. There are (at least) 14 other realms besides the one we inhabit after all :)  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dwai said:

Yes, it means one is not in the human body. There are (at least) 14 other realms besides the one we inhabit after all :)  

Thank you :) 

1 hour ago, dwai said:

There are three kinds of kundalini. What is most commonly known is called “prana kundalini”.

A more subtle kundalini is “chit kundalini”. The awakening of this is also known as “enlightenment”. This awakening will also imply prana kundalini is awake. There needs to be sufficient purification of the mind via past life good karma and/or present life purifications  for chit kundalini to awaken. 

It appears to be different given the human penchant to name and control. 

7 minutes ago, ralis said:

It's not. :) 

They are different in quality and process of activation is different too :) 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Bhathen said:

This is like a Kundalini rising experience, not a awakening yet.

Enjoy the experience. You can calm the effect by concentrating on the base of the spin or just keep observing.

Yea I think you're right, maybe if I did a few more of these, then maybe something more profound would happen because something felt like missing. I was expecting some great explosion to happen when the energy hits the top of the head but nothing happened, just a deep equanimity and silence, I became breathless for about 30sec soaking in that stillness. But that's about it. I would imagine a kundalini awakening to be more with fireworks and crazy things flying :D

1 hour ago, Dainin said:

You might want to look at the book Kundalini Energy and Christian Spirituality: A Pathway to Growth and Healing by Philip St. Romain.

Thanks, looks intersting :)

Edited by Salvijus

26 minutes ago, ralis said:

21 minutes ago, dwai said:

The difference in arising qualities, is this only noted after experience in an attempt to share, or is there a differentiation somehow expressed/manifested during experience? As expressed, why wouldn't this fit with a human penchant to name and control?

And could this "process of activation" actually fit within the parameter expressed as a human penchant to name and control?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dwai said:

Kundalini is the EM field of the biosphere and everyone wants to mystify it or make it a religious experience. The reductionist approach is useless.

54 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

The difference in arising qualities, is this only noted after experience in an attempt to share, or is there a differentiation somehow expressed/manifested during experience? As expressed, why wouldn't this fit with a human penchant to name and control?

The differences in arising qualities manifest during experience. One is in the domain of  Prana (Qi), while the other is in the domain of Consciousness (Chit). They are inter-related, but are different stages of development (Prana lower, Chit higher). 

54 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

And could this "process of activation" actually fit within the parameter expressed as a human penchant to name and control?

Not really about control, but it certainly has to do with the mind's limitations. :) 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Yea I think you're right, maybe if I did a few more of these, then maybe something more profound would happen because something felt like missing. I was expecting some great explosion to happen when the energy hits the top of the head but nothing happened, just a deep equanimity and silence, I became breathless for about 30sec soaking in that stillness. But that's about it. I would imagine a kundalini awakening to be more with fireworks and crazy things flying :D

Thanks, looks intersting :)

one can get their head blown off but I would not recommend it... :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ralis said:

Kundalini is the EM field of the biosphere and everyone wants to mystify it or make it a religious experience. The reductionist approach is useless.

To me, that sounds a lot more mystified than many other explanations...

22 minutes ago, EmeraldHead said:

Doesn't para kundalini signify liberation?

Chit Kundalini awakening is a sign of Jivanamukti, or liberation while embodied, afaik. Para might correspond to videhamukti, but that's my extrapolation.

• Like 2

so we have information about kundalini being the evolutionary factor yet the Self is non evolutionary....thus the Self does not evolve through a process of going up the spine through the chakras that we are often talking about...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, old3bob said:

so we have information about kundalini being the evolutionary factor yet the Self is non evolutionary....thus the Self does not evolve through a process of going up the spine through the chakras that we are often talking about...

no but it too has some kind of energies that swing around it like a cloud, similar to Prana. And that energy must be circulated to release static obstructions in order to let you at that level to function or to have mindfulness non stop.

It's also not the spine. But the higher vehicles of consciousness/bubbles of awareness/principles/spheres of activity contain this central channel in some form. It's like the elevator or stairs that unites the various energies, dao with prenatal, prenatal with postnatal, is in the spine. The physic channel does expand past the physical spine. I have seen this myself in meditation. It's also where the chakras act.

7 hours ago, Bhathen said:

Just a curious question,

if someone had an awakening in their previous birth, how would they be aware of it in the present birth?

I think it depends from school to school?

Some hindu texts say the linga sharira and karana shariras move from body to body as you reincarnate. That is the bodies, but the energies (koshas) are lost. So causal body for example may come into a new life with organ injury/weakness from the previous life. (assuming there was weak anadamaya kosha on the causal body, so it never got any kind of healing to the area; never will it in the new life as well). Although pranamaya can help it heal through many lifetimes or even just one, if there is strong energy in the body.

With that said, the self is immortal. I assume, the chit and para kundas target the self, immortal to the body as such, these kundas would benefit one from lifetime to another.

So the prana kundalini which can be fairly easily excited ( /scratched) by new agers as well, would bring no lasting benefit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1