angstg

I have a serious question

Welcome to the Tao Bums.  A wonderful forum to learn, discuss and cultivate.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and make some friend along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads asking questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Michael and the TDB team

Read and review Our Rules:

Our Insult Policy- Read it, Live it

Lots of views on the MCO around.  To visualize or not.  What movements and Qi gong routines get it moving naturally.  How fast should it move?  What points to add?   When is it real, when is it just a 'nerve' mantra?  Post your question and you'll find different,  sometimes competing answers here. 

• Like 2

I hope I am in the right place to ask things about Microcosmic Orbit. Also, I have lurked much and known about Jing, Qi, and Shen. Today I came here because I want to ask some peculiar things about MCO. It is surely the process of putting our tongue behind the front teeth and letting the flow open, isn't it? However, my question is much deeper.

These things has never happened to me before. I started to conserve a lot of Jing inside my body by practicing absolute celibacy. After some year, MCO happened automatically. I felt sort of calm and in more deeper meditative state when I kept my tongue behind my front teeth where gum meets. Now my question is recently I have experienced sort of electric type of sensation. It is little strong electricity like when you put your tongue on a battery. What is this? Is such experience normal in MCO? Please help me. It took a lot of work to search and come here and ask this question. I have not found a word on this topic anywhere. I hope to get some good responses. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, angstg said:

I hope I am in the right place to ask things about Microcosmic Orbit. Also, I have lurked much and known about Jing, Qi, and Shen. Today I came here because I want to ask some peculiar things about MCO. It is surely the process of putting our tongue behind the front teeth and letting the flow open, isn't it? However, my question is much deeper.

These things has never happened to me before. I started to conserve a lot of Jing inside my body by practicing absolute celibacy. After some year, MCO happened automatically. I felt sort of calm and in more deeper meditative state when I kept my tongue behind my front teeth where gum meets. Now my question is recently I have experienced sort of electric type of sensation. It is little strong electricity like when you put your tongue on a battery. What is this? Is such experience normal in MCO? Please help me. It took a lot of work to search and come here and ask this question. I have not found a word on this topic anywhere. I hope to get some good responses. 

No longer worry about the tongue and roof of your mouth. Not having that on your mind may be the next step to an even deeper relaxation. Try doing the Mco with your circle including a very old tree and see how that feels.  Perhaps you should try making your diet more alkaline. Try and discard any and all of my suggestions, at a moments notice, if it does not feel right.  There is always the Tai Chi barefoot in short grass and cold showers.

If none of these seem to be working and you are feeling true anxiety over it, then ceasing all energetic activity for a week or two may be a good idea.

I did the MCO for several years and it did miracles for me.  I mean major changes in mind and body.  Then all of a sudden it started draining me.  I got out quick and that was that.  I no longer do MCO ever but, in its' time and place it was very valuable.

Your development is a moving target. If you are balanced enough, relaxed enough, you become very sensitive to how the target is moving and act accordingly.

Take care and be well,

Edited by moment
  • Like 4

Hey angstg, welcome to the Bums.

I second moment's sharing.  Really solid advice on how to approach this process openly, flowingly... an ever moving target.  Not becoming rigid or fixated overly on any one aspect is a constant process for me.

As with all things... run what is offered through your filter and keep searching for what works for you.

Cheers on your path mate and again, welcome.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 3

Hi,

here is more than what you could ask. Almost to much details but they will take place in time for instance the two differents du mai pathes I think you should not worry too much about that :)

I think Damo has very valuable podcasts highly accurate and he shares that in an humble an relaxed way.

BUT If I were you I'd start with Yi Jin Jing and go to a live and real teacher.

Enjoy ^^

• Like 2