Sign in to follow this  
Eden

Vitality

It's said that the brain is an energy hungry organ.  I wonder if organically, clear/bright and present mean the brain is more at rest.  Not running its usual loops of judging things and labeling stuff.  Quiet, clear and aware its buzzing along in its best mode. 

*The brain lacks fuel stores and hence requires a continuous supply of glucose. It consumes about 120 g daily, which corresponds to an energy input of about 420 kcal (1760 kJ), accounting for some 60% of the utilization of glucose by the whole body in the resting state.  ...www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › books › NBK22436

• Like 2

Maybe because wakefulness means there's no impediment to hearing the primordial sound of your true state, which is immaculate, pristine, faultless, and beyond time & space.  It allows you to momentarily poke a hole thru this conceptual veil of relative existence, which instantaneously offers access to a reflection-free glimpse into your original being. Then the real work begins, because this window (or gap) opens and shuts according to how attuned, relaxed, and natural one is in maintaining that spacious view. To reintegrate this wakefulness by virtue of expanding on the duration where the gap remains freely available, until such time where the spiritual work one does dissolves all traces of grasping & desire to cling to this and subsequent experiences of a similar nature, is the journey -  one that, surprisingly, is not directly dependent on, or correlated to the spiritual work. This means the work is secondary, and two neophytes following the exact same formula or system will not yield identical results. The right approach is to strike a balance between practice, and the allowance of that practice ample space to take root in the mindstream. This alternation between practice and effortless relaxation is key to expanding the view from the window - it is as if with each completion of practice/relaxation, one moves a step closer to the window that reveals, in degrees, the vista that is already pregnant in that state of primordial clarity and brightness. 

Edited by C T
  • Like 2

I believe it is due to the presence of awareness and with that awareness comes connection.

There is little as important to health and happiness than being connected - to others, to nature, to ourselves.

So for me it is vitality of connection.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, steve said:

I believe it is due to the presence of awareness and with that awareness comes connection.

There is little as important to health and happiness than being connected - to others, to nature, to ourselves.

So for me it is vitality of connection.

I would experience wakefulness at times to include also the vitality of knowing that at some point precious connections must disperse, regardless of depth of intimacy, not least because change underlies mundane existence. Therefore, to maintain a holistic view around this awareness is important for me. As the path narrows, the loneliness becomes more apparent, but if there is wisdom, then the resolve to strive for liberation actually becomes stronger. 

7 hours ago, C T said:

I would experience wakefulness at times to include also the vitality of knowing that at some point precious connections must disperse, regardless of depth of intimacy, not least because change underlies mundane existence. Therefore, to maintain a holistic view around this awareness is important for me. As the path narrows, the loneliness becomes more apparent, but if there is wisdom, then the resolve to strive for liberation actually becomes stronger. 

For sure, all connections are impermanent. Grasping, even at connection, is an error.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this