Sign in to follow this  
lisoosh

Hello all!

Hello all!

It's really nice to find this forum. I'm not sure, is this the right place to post the introduction? I hope so! Happy to be corrected if needed :)

My name is Lisa, I'm usually a New Yorker, sometimes in Israel, now living in Istanbul... living out these strange pandemic times. And I came to this forum because I'm looking to connect to old qi gong practices. I'm recovering from Corona and so I'm rather weak, but I miss some of these gentle practices. I practiced for a few years at the Chu Tai Chi center in NY, the morning Eternal Spring classes and some individual Tai Chi and Nei Kung classes. And, I used to be in acupuncture school in NY (now on hold) so took many qi gong classes there. I guess my main home practices these days are meditation (from a lot of Vipassana courses and other teachers) and hoping to go back to yoga when I am stronger. My main hope for this forum is to get a few pointers or hints to jog my memory about the Eternal Spring Chi Kung forms. If anyone here is familiar with them, I'd so love to connect with you and be reminded!!

Best wishes to all. I feel this is a big transformation time in all of our journeys. Hope we pass it with warmth and kindness.

L

Welcome to the Tao Bums.  A wonderful forum to learn, discuss and cultivate.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and make some friend along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads asking questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Michael and the TDB team

Read and review Our Rules:

Our Insult Policy- Read it, Live it

Welcome world traveler.  I look forward to your writings. 

I haven't heard of Eternal Spring Chi Kung form but its likely somewhere here has. 

Sign in to follow this