Sign in to follow this  
SongShuhang

Jing going still? Help

As I practice qigong and meditation everyday last weeks, I have noticed that I am not that horny or easily aroused anymore.

It is like I got into some parallel universe and have no more afflictions or attachments, or even base desires. Needless to say I do not have internal dialogue as a consequence of latest qigong practice. I have entered some deep state absorption during several hours of Zhan Zhuang practice, and I wonder if those changes are non-reversible now.

Who had similar issues, how did you deal with this tribulation?

Also, it does feel like matrix, when you lose interest in things that were of a big value...

• Like 3

I remember at times going through bouts of unforced celibacy.  They'd last 5 or 6 weeks then go away.  I think it was more mental, then energetic.  Whatever triggers led me down a sexual path, was taking the day off.

If you're not in a relationship that requires it, I'd say enjoy the sense of peace.  At some point it'll probably go away by itself. 

lately the dreary weather and being cooped up hasn't been setting my libido off like Springtime usually does. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, SongShuhang said:

As I practice qigong and meditation everyday last weeks, I have noticed that I am not that horny or easily aroused anymore.

It is like I got into some parallel universe and have no more afflictions or attachments, or even base desires. Needless to say I do not have internal dialogue as a consequence of latest qigong practice. I have entered some deep state absorption during several hours of Zhan Zhuang practice, and I wonder if those changes are non-reversible now.

It is much easy  to fall  than to rise ,  to degenerate  than to sublimate ;  

Another question might be if all your jing  turned into qi ,  it happens  whatever qigong  you  adopt  if you do it well ,   then of course  it means your  having suspended  your reproductive ability  unintentionally . Fortunately  it is not   irreversible ,  mainly because  degeneration is always what people incline to . On the contrary, maintaining  at a much higher  spiritual/ energetic level   needs persistent efforts , which always ends in failure . People need to know the mechanism , always  said to be the key(s),   to lock such a conversion . 

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

" I got into some parallel universe and have no more afflictions or attachments, or even base desires. "

The cleanest way likely be Zen's  as it does it in an one-stroke, no-step and  no-form  way . Otherwise, likely most people  in the end fall back to their original state.  Besides, aging  in the long run secretly makes people mediocre regardless of whatever great spiritual experience they ever came across.

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1

Regarding permality of it I would say it depends what the cause is. If is like a mental thing you can remove that samskara. If it is a void in life you can fill that. If it tight ligaments. back pain and irritated muscles from weak floor, maybe weak hormones/low libido substance then just eating healthy food or exercising can make you aroused.Just keep at it and things will acclimate at a higher density. Then you will be more free and you will naturally stay in that state.

But I would advise...your whole first paragraph is misunderstanding. The key lies in the last line at the end. WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT? :D Seriously, what is your inner most desire?  https://youtu.be/DpO-LjkrYhE?t=39

On 24/04/2020 at 10:01 PM, SongShuhang said:

It is like I got into some parallel universe and have no more afflictions or attachments, or even base desires.

They're likely still there - just not at the forefront - which is a good sign :)

There's a sign for the full transformation of base desires - and it's unmistakable (and you've not mentioned it)

On 24/04/2020 at 10:01 PM, SongShuhang said:

Needless to say I do not have internal dialogue as a consequence of latest qigong practice.

I remember when I first started with my meditation teacher, my inner dialogue seemed to completely recede after a couple of weeks on retreat... I started to tell my teacher - he looked at me and told me to come back in the afternoon. I assume he did something, but within a few minutes of our meeting, the volume on my inner dialogue was turned up to the maximum. It had never stopped - it just receded into the background and I had tuned it out. Then it became clear to me that this is something I wanted to happen - so I made it happen through a sort of self-deception.

Listen closer - and you may find yours is also still there, just obscured.

Self-skepticism is good for your practice. The main thing you should be looking for is 'how am I doing this wrong, what am I missing, how am I tricking myself?' This might seem negative, but this is not a judgemental analysis, but a form of self-inquiry. Our mind is constantly trying to make itself important - so it will masquerade as something it's not just so you give it your energy, attention and importance.

I had a moment of insight when doing my training where I framed the path as a constant error correction... I remember reading that a boat is almost never exactly on-course - but is in a constant attempt to get back on course until it finally reaches its destination.

In cultivation practice, when no error remains, you'll disappear in a flash of light and ascend to the heavenly realms - but until you do, you must be doing something wrong. On the plus side, this takes the pressure off - doing something wrong isn't such an issue because almost everything you do is already wrong :D - and the trick is to find 'what's the next little thing I can correct - or align in the right direction so that's no longer an error'. Thus training becomes a constant process of refinement and alignment - and not in a self-flagellating sort of way - but in a curious way - where you hunt for the next little thing you can align in the right direction.

I think this is in line with Daoist thinking. In classical chinese medicine, almost no one is perfectly healthy... not until you're fully enlightened... until you are, there is something out of balance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, freeform said:

There's a sign for the full transformation of base desires - and it's unmistakable (and you've not mentioned it)

Is that where you're flooded with sexual imagery as a sign of the jing cleansing itself over several sessions, like a purge almost? I've read that mentioned in Damo's books. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, anshino23 said:

Is that where you're flooded with sexual imagery as a sign of the jing cleansing itself over several sessions, like a purge almost? I've read that mentioned in Damo's books. 

Oh - no I mean a full transformation of the base desires - which is a little more involved than jing stilling. And more unmistakeable than sexual imagery :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, freeform said:

Oh - no I mean a full transformation of the base desires - which is a little more involved than jing stilling. And more unmistakeable than sexual imagery :)

Very cool. Thank you :) 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this