SirPalomides

Paintings you like

Michael Alexandrowitsch Wrubel    "Der Morgen"  

New Painting for our new Living Room

09194267959211ae20c5b7b4da7e747f.jpg

• Like 3

Nice choice.  

I've seen Vrubel's 1890 hit, The Demon Seated, in the original.  It felt... well, otherworldy.   

Image result for ÐÑÑбелÑ

Image result for ÐÑÑбелÑ

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Very cool.

They do have a quality to them.

This one is wie us for almost a year now and it still catches me.

• Like 1

Bryan Larsen paints well

Edited by schroedingerscat

Happy Birthday Monet !!

May be art of tree and outdoors

"

Monet painted this dark, moody canvas of a willow tree growing at the edge of his water lily pond during the last year of World War I. He finished the painting the day after the peace settlement ending the fighting was signed. The subject, a willow tree, was a long-recognized symbol of remembrance of the dead, and Monet intended to offer this work to the French government as his personal tribute. For reasons unknown, the painting was never transferred, but Monet went on to create a huge cycle of water lily paintings that now are housed in the Museum of the Orangerie in Paris.
Painted late in Monet’s long life, this work demonstrates the Impressionist commitment to capturing the ever-changing motion of the sunlit natural world with detached, gestural brushstrokes of divided color. Here, however, his palette is darker and mood more emphatically somber compared to his earlier works.
Weeping Willow, 1918. Oil on canvas. Gift of Howard D. and Babette L. Sirak, the Donors to the Campaign for Enduring Excellence, and the Derby Fund"

----Coumbus Museum of Art
  • Like 3

How well do I remember Charles Perrault's tale for which the above picture was an illustration?

Let's see.  He was The Establishment, with all its might and wealth and power -- which he used, among other things, toward secret, hidden deadly cruelty committed in the privacy of a locked-away forbidden room.  She was An Independent Researcher (aka "a conspiracy theorist") with an inquisitive mind, bent on cracking mysteries and finding out what's hidden in the forbidden rooms, recklessly refusing to heed his "don't you dare go there," determined to go exactly where she wasn't allowed to go.  He told her explicitly -- you are allowed to go to any room on display, open any door with any key I provide, make yourself comfortable where I tell you to make yourself comfortable...  but this room, no, this door, no, this key, forget it, I forbid it.  She disobeyed -- and discovered horrors untold. 

I forget what the ending of the tale was, I read it as a little girl.  Was there a happy ending?  Perhaps.  In fairy tales, they often give us happy endings.  In real life, not so often.         

• Like 1

'Neo - Zoroastrian '  -  Women of Persia

Fallen%2520Zoroastrian%2520Angel.jpg

Art

Mother of Zoroaster.

Artemisia

Admiral Artemisia discussing  battle strategy.

Estatira Sepahbod

Estatira Sepahbod

Negan

Negan - Sassanid Commander .

aetemisia-in-battle-against-greek-guards

'Against the Greeks'

Perspolis

'The end of Persepolis .'

15.jpg

"Oppression' .

Zahra Kazemi

Mothers of Persia

'Mothers of Persia.'

Neda

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

Piet Mondrian (1872-1944)

An old tree

Very cool, didn't know that period Mondrian at all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

Very cool, didn't know that period Mondrian at all

This one is from 1911 -- online resources tell me he did many studies of trees between 1908 and 1913.  From the explanations of what he was after, I gather he was trying to discover qi. :) Distilling images to simpler and simpler basics, seeking the underlying balance and harmony, connections, interrelatedness.

I seldom encounter abstract paintings I like, but the ones I do like have qi up the yin-yang -- this is felt much stronger if you chance upon an original though, but some reproductions do retain a bit of that "field."        

• Like 2

Ainslie Roberts :

Document sans titre

Exposition Art Blog: Ainslie Roberts | Dad art, Australian painting ...

Pin by Gillian on Ainslie Roberts in 2020 | Sacred art, Nature, Sacred

Creation-of-the-Coorong-Birds-by-Ainslie-Roberts | Indigenous ...

Ainslie Roberts | 38 Artworks | MutualArt

At one stage in his career he had a 'nervous breakdown' . His wife bought him ticket to Alice Springs in 'The Center' . He was taken on an 'outback trek' and ended up spending the night at a sacred site . He seemed to have been 'reassembled' there , and his paintings took on a different direction focusing on indigenous mythology and his new understandings and visions  .

" Ainslie found success with them and exhibited his first 21 works at the Osborne Art Gallery, Adelaide on 1 October 1963. Mountford opened the exhibition, saying, "No Australian artist has painted like this; he has followed no school – he has copied no previous artist."

Ainslie drew from many of the influences of the early twentieth century, though his style belongs to none. He acknowledged a debt to René Magritte for his ability to reveal the secret meaning of the world and its objects. His paintings of Aboriginal myths and legends often feature a central focus – person, animal, tree, rock or celestial body – and a secondary, sometimes hidden element that casts light on the meaning of the work."

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

Found on FB today: Apologies for the weird formatting - bit of a lazy C&P but worth it I hope!

327876730_669191981668544_14700880705246

327606443_722531396197666_42223541803187

327734777_5652783344819189_8701912210724

327568870_1938398369846221_7669911042228

327737169_1789000248148789_2984508459965

Edited by RobB
  • Like 4

I saw an exhibit of her work at the MOMA in NYC a few years back - magnificent!

And her history is fascinating. 

• Like 1

So, my first thought was 'those feet look weirdly small'. Yes, Rob, that's right - because everything else in that picture is COMPLETELY NORMAL.

• Haha 3