Tryingtodobetter

Forum member "spotless". Missing messages.

3 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Nope, now you're saying "Oh, but I followed the rules and stayed on topic" and sound like a guy who got caught by highway patrol saying that you were driving at the speed limit rather than the flow of traffic, and surely he can overlook the fact you were texting only a little. 

All through your head you are going "These are not the droids you are looking for."

Same tired tactics, same manipulation, same attempt to have a silver tongue.

The hole you dig is only getting deeper. 

re-read. You’ll see I’ve been mentioning the recent departures.   That is the topic at the start and my comment at the start was quoted.   

Just now, dawei said:

re-read. You’ll see I’ve been mentioning the recent departures.   That is the topic at the start and my comment at the start was quoted.   

Read already. No comprehension issues. Sad when you can't comprehend your own writing or even spell check for that matter. 

9 minutes ago, dawei said:

well, your post caught me off guard but made me realize what you and Ralis were coming from.   Maybe more words would of helped in some posts to make certain statements clear.

It was only today I recognized I need some work with my online communication skills. Thanks for the timely feedback. 

• Like 1

Just now, ilumairen said:

It was only today I recognized I need some work with my online communication skills. Thanks for the timely feedback. 

I include myself. Thanks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dawei said:

I include myself. Thanks.

While we are on the subject, a few capitals at the beginning of sentences would be appreciated.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ralis said:

While we are on the subject, a few capitals at the beginning of sentences would be appreciated.

Not sure why the iPad is not consistent in starting a sentence as capitalized.  I had to even fix the first sentence. 

4 minutes ago, dawei said:

Not sure why the iPad is not consistent in starting a sentence as capitalized.  I had to even fix the first sentence. 

It is the iPad's fault? My iPad doesn't do that and I will be buying a Mac Mini soon and I doubt that will be a problem.

Edited by ralis

3 hours ago, dawei said:

you made a completely false statement.  If you don’t know every last person in depth enough to make such a false comment then it’s delusional, right?

why not say something people can believe, like , most were...  

OK, most were alt-right Trump sycophants, that were allowed to grow under your watch, obviously with your blessing.  Is that better?  I will risk being briefly off-topic to pin down certain things that wriggle.

Edited by moment
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, moment said:

OK, most were alt-right Trump sycophants, that were allowed to grow under your watch, obviously with your blessing.  Is that better?  I will risk being briefly off-topic to pin down certain things that wriggle.

That was a crazy phase indeed.

Delighted Sean assumed the wrathful emanation of Yamantaka in a timely manner and severed these virtually contracted heads. lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moment said:

Using 'most' would only make it more believable but not necessarily true.   

Most of the members who have departed were not alt-right.  It has already been mentioned elsewhere, those banned in the first wave were not due to politics but infractions.  The second wave seemed less political bans but disruptions.   And most of those who left (some had no affiliation to the right but simply disgusted with the fallout) have been members here 10-15 years.  Like everyone on the board, left-center-right, they have grown of their own accord over the years, had many fights, been suspended, etc.   I don't think you have enough history here to know of the 'endless wars this board seems to attract' (paraphrase of our owner).   When you see war after war, you see a pattern to them as well. 

They didn't have my blessing.  When I raised the issue early on, I allowed the instructions I was given from above, to "let it go".   Is that better?   

The forum still has the same forces that caused the problems.  You can't replace right conspiracy and hate with left conspiracy and hate and expect it to get better here.   If you really want to connect all the dots, and they have been shared, I can talk in PM.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dawei said:

Most of the members who have departed were not alt-right.  It has already been mentioned elsewhere, those banned in the first wave were not due to politics but infractions.  The second wave seemed less political bans but disruptions.   And most of those who left (some had no affiliation to the right but simply disgusted with the fallout) have been members here 10-15 years.  Like everyone on the board, left-center-right, they have grown of their own accord over the years, had many fights, been suspended, etc.   I don't think you have enough history here to know of the 'endless wars this board seems to attract' (paraphrase of our owner).   When you see war after war, you see a pattern to them as well. 

They didn't have my blessing.  When I raised the issue early on, I allowed the instructions I was given from above, to "let it go".   Is that better?   

The forum still has the same forces that caused the problems.  You can't replace right conspiracy and hate with left conspiracy and hate and expect it to get better here.   If you really want to connect all the dots, and they have been shared, I can talk in PM.   

I am surprised you’re still able to type with how long your nose is growing from all the lies you’re telling. It must be getting in the way of your keyboard when typing or the screen you can’t see clearly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, dawei said:

With you the buck stops everywhere but with you.  A true Trump philosophy. You said, "I don't think you have enough history here to know of the 'endless wars this board seems to attract";  --That is the other tactic you like do use, trying to undercut peoples' credibility with how you have been here longer or by inference that I am a newbie compared to you, etc, etc.

Another one I love, is you saying I had my instructions from above.  Yet, I am pretty sure that most here will remember when you said " Sean lets me do whatever I want".

You see-- that is the problem with you, you never take responsibility for your actions, you always have excuses, you love throwing up straw men.  You had the power to balance this site during your admin, you just did not have the centeredness/wisdom to do so and from this conversation here you obviously still don't.

BTW, I do a lot of PMing but, they are all my friends.  So my PMing with you is not going to happen.

Edited by moment
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, moment said:

Another one I love, is you saying I had my instructions from above.  Yet, I am pretty sure that most here will remember when you said " Sean lets me do whatever I want".

That had a context as does the fact that I went to him several times over several issues.   Despite what he gave in his absence for authority, I still went to him on issues.   The board seems far less balanced now.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dawei said:

That had a context as does the fact that I went to him several times over several issues.   Despite what he gave in his absence for authority, I still went to him on issues.   The board seems far less balanced now.  

Rather than argue about unverifiable intangibles, I will just go with, you were dumped as admin, because you did a lousy job. Of course the board seems less balanced--- to you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dawei said:

The board seems far less balanced now.  

Interesting observation. Some elaboration would make for good conversation, perhaps. 

Another point you made thats worth expanding upon: The forum still has the same forces that caused the problems.  You can't replace right conspiracy and hate with left conspiracy and hate and expect it to get better here. 

What exactly did you mean by left conspiracy and hate in the context of this site? Who exactly are the haters you're referring to, that, in your opinion, have been left to their own devices here? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As expected, dawei attempts to take a smug and aloof air to self-aggrandize in order to create an air of mystery and intrigue around him, in the hopes of creating the illusion of significance long after he’s proven he’s nothing but an opportunist and sycophant. And whomever he’s trying to impress is neither important nor going to make any difference given that he’s already revealed he’s as useful as worn shoes and as essential as a wet towel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, C T said:

Interesting observation. Some elaboration would make for good conversation, perhaps. 

Another point you made thats worth expanding upon: The forum still has the same forces that caused the problems.  You can't replace right conspiracy and hate with left conspiracy and hate and expect it to get better here. 

What exactly did you mean by left conspiracy and hate in the context of this site? Who exactly are the haters you're referring to, that, in your opinion, have been left to their own devices here? 

I'd recommend you start a thread on that and ask for member input;

Is purging half the opinions on the forum, balance ?

Is the newer forum more balanced when members like Spotless and Walker leave/are pushed out ?

Is replacing right conspiracy and hate messages with left conspiracy and hate messages balancing the forum?

If folks like this kind of 'balance' then so be it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dawei said:

Is the newer forum more balanced when members like Spotless and Walker leave/are pushed out ?

Is replacing right conspiracy and hate messages with left conspiracy and hate messages balancing the forum?

Exactly, where is the dreaded left wing conspiracy? 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, dawei said:

This is the second time you've mentioned Walker in this type of context; yet I haven't seen anything to indicate he's leaving/ has left/was pushed out. 

(And I'm finding myself unable to reconcile the idea of anyone being able to push him anywhere..)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ralis said:

Exactly, where is the dreaded left wing conspiracy? 

Thats what i found intriguing too. And the hate. Where's the hate? Pushbacks, sure... but hate? Maybe from those who got kicked out, there was a fair amount of that. Lots of flame throwers in that camp. Still one or two lurking here who's escape the net. Drive-by shooters like Bax44 & that mortal fella, for example. As for Walker, that eloquent script writer who's got anger issues, I doubt he's gone for good, but if he has, then great. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dawei said:

That wont be necessary, but thanks for the suggestion. I was more interested in your input since it was your comment. And this thread is as good as any, seeing that you stated Spotless got pushed out or left. 

1 hour ago, dawei said:

Would help if you quantify 'half the opinions' cos in my mind the site is much more balanced than before. 

1 hour ago, dawei said:

Yes, I think the balance wasn't tilted that much with their assumed departure. Do you honestly believe they were pushed, or was it that they simply could not muster the patience, a vital element on the spiritual path and life in general, to self-reflect and conclude that maybe others are allowed to have their own opinions, and may not enjoy having things shoved down their throats, regardless? And when opposing views clash, to then resort to vile ad hominems and feeling justified for doing so? Is this the behavioural content that leads to the balance you hinted at? 

1 hour ago, dawei said:

That sounds like a cop out, one laced with sarcasm too. I don't think it reflects the issue at hand accurately because your interpretation of what constitutes balance on TDB is still not clear. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dawei said:

Is the newer forum more balanced [...]

Is [...] balancing the forum?

I don't believe the intent behind what was implemented during "the return of Sean" was whatever this idea of balance is. And as such, I don't believe it (whatever it actually is) would be a proper metric for determining success or failure of the vision he was holding when he chose to act on what he saw.

Perhaps the better metric would be a measure of how many of his "hard no, instant ban worthy offenses" we presently experience compared to what was experienced prior?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dawei said:

You can't replace right conspiracy and hate with left conspiracy and hate and expect it to get better here.  

I agree.  Though perhaps because of my own leanings I find the left wing here, less conspiracy and hateful <then Talk Trump in its heyday>

My biggest fear a few months back was that you had some alt-right sites closing and we'd have them migrate here.  I was beginning to see that happen.   I was a little glad to see Sean's action but bothered by the extreme one sidedness of it. 

When we have active mods back, I hope they keep an eye on the politics.  That personal insults and trolling are given warnings.  That our political discussions evolve to be factual, more philosophical and less mocking and exaggerated. 

<I enjoy the mocking as much as anybody, but realize that when the other side does it, I feel uncomfortable.  Like gossip, its fun to do.  So, the answer is.. don't over do it??>

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

I'm not even sure why politics needs to be a thing here unless refering to texts or at least something contextual with Daoism.

None of it is relevant. And that would go for extreme-left BS as well. Fair's fair. But I agree, we don't see much of the latter here.

Except the hippie stuff.

• Like 3

A couple of quotations from Jung. I know these insights will annoy all parties involved in heated disputation on this forum, but I’m hoping they will be potentially helpful because most people here value inner growth.

“But anyone who can stand the animosity of his fellows without being infected by it, and is capable at the same time of examining it critically, cannot help discovering that they are possessed. It is, however, more advantageous and more to the point to subject to the most rigorous scrutiny one’s own moods and their changing influence on one’s personality. To know where the other person makes a mistake is of little value. It only becomes interesting when you know where you make the mistake, for then you can do something about it. What we can improve in others is of doubtful utility as a rule, if, indeed, it has any effect at all.”

“Today humanity, as never before, is split into two apparently irreconcilable halves. The psychological rule says that when an inner situation is not made conscious, it happens outside, as fate. That is to say, when the individual remains undivided and does not become conscious of his inner opposite, the world must perforce act out the conflict and be torn into opposing halves.”

Jung does not offer any quick fixes for this. I know from personal experience recognising some of these opposites within me (aspects of my shadow self) is hugely confronting. The last major revelation that life forced me to acknowledge about myself took me over a decade to work through. It tore me apart. I wouldn’t wish it on anybody. Yet working through it has proved enormously enriching for me.  What Jung does say is that ‘wholeness’ means recognising these warring forces within oneself and voluntarily taking on the burden.  Otherwise, if one is destined to descend into his deep pit of inner knowing, it will catch one unawares. He says it’s better to go about it with precautions, rather than falling backwards into a hole. I definitely fell backward into this hole.

I’ll give a very simple example of what I mean by projecting one’s shadow: In the current ‘China’ discussion, a couple of people speaking out the loudest against the totalitarianism of the CCP because of its liquidating of dissent are adamant that two Dao Bum members who oppose them should be banned. Although they abhor the liquidating of dissent when others do it, they are seemingly unconscious of their own similar totalitarian desires.

Of course, there’s nothing wrong with developing and voicing moral judgement, just be aware that all we humans have the same underlying psyche. These problems don’t only exist out there in others, they originate with our own inner makeup. We are all like this. Jung made the observation that our human psyche is energised by a complex array of opposing forces. He sees our psyche as a system of energy flows (qi flows), and energies can only flow where there’s polar difference.

(In writing this post I'm aware that I'm taking on some of the burden of Dao Bums disputation and possibly the animosity of certain members. It's something I do willingly, though not without reluctance, because I value this site. Also I'm interested to see how my perspective is received. That way I potentially gain new insight into myself.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3