Tryingtodobetter

Forum member "spotless". Missing messages.

Aetherous should stay at OriginalDao and not come back. Reason being was his right wing support for Trump in the Trump talk threads. His remarks about women in one thread he started years ago as well as the Hillary thread. 

Please do not encourage his or any of his other friends such as Joeblast to return. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

@moment

Thanks for the query btw. I have everyday life matters to attend to, but perhaps later I'll address some of my thoughts and reasonings in more depth in my ppd, and we can explore them if you wish.

I understand!  This is a controversial subject that could kick up some dissension!  But, more centered, basic grounding from people, that do not have a political ax to grind, are far better for inexperienced, unstable personalities (IMO).

Just now, ralis said:

Aetherous should stay at OriginalDao and not come back. Reason being was his right wing support for Trump in the Trump talk threads. His remarks about women in one thread he started years ago as well as the Hillary thread. 

Please do not encourage his or any of his other friends such as Joeblast to return. 

He connected with the OP of this thread, in a way most of us did not, and possibly could not. 

I'm aware of posts regarding women, which (as a woman) I found personally troubling, but this isn't about me. 

I suspect @Aetherous would still not feel welcome here, and would most likely communicate privately, or extend an invitation to his own forum. (Tagging him again, to ensure he understands your trepidation, and the options I've presented.)

22 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

He connected with the OP of this thread, in a way most of us did not, and possibly could not. 

I'm aware of posts regarding women, which (as a woman) I found personally troubling, but this isn't about me. 

I suspect @Aetherous would still not feel welcome here, and would most likely communicate privately, or extend an invitation to his own forum. (Tagging him again, to ensure he understands your trepidation, and the options I've presented.)

I thank you for that invitation and I value you highly.  But, that connection of which you speak, is precisely what I am worried about.

28 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

He should be banned!

3 hours ago, moment said:

I thank you for that invitation and I value you highly.  But, that connection of which you speak, is precisely what I am worried about.

IMO, there is valid cause for concern here, and I understand your worry. 

Any other thoughts I have, I do not wish to discuss here, as this individual appears highly susceptible to suggestion, and imo it would be entirely unethical for me to do so.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ralis said:

He should be banned!

He isn't posting anything, and hasn't since Sean asked the people with right wing views to leave. 

So why would he be banned?

1 hour ago, ilumairen said:

He isn't posting anything, and hasn't since Sean asked the people with right wing views to leave. 

So why would he be banned?

There were a number that were banned that hadn't posted since last year. I don't want this forum to go backwards to the state it once was. Imagine if Joeblast came back?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ralis said:

The ones that were asked to leave were alt-right Trump sycophants and needed to leave. 

That’s a worse lie than any Trump told :lol:

but include Spotless as he is part of the topic and my response.

8 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Are you bringing another mentally and emotionally unstable person to practice?

And what happens if/when this turns out as badly as some of the others? (If this is your intent)

More dismissal of the individual having been unstable, and how they shouldn't have been worked with in the first place?

I've seen such hindsight, and wonder if/when it will ever translate into foresight.

since when did I ever do such a thing?   

are you ok?

Edited by dawei

8 minutes ago, dawei said:

I am a liar now?

3 minutes ago, ralis said:

I am a liar now?

you made a completely false statement.  If you don’t know every last person in depth enough to make such a false comment then it’s delusional, right?

why not say something people can believe, like , most were...  

24 minutes ago, dawei said:

since when did I ever do such a thing?   

You were not the one who introduced Lori to Jeff, this is true, but there has been much drama here, imo, owing to him messing with people who are unstable and should have been left alone - one of the few things I thought we were in some agreement on regarding this subject matter. 

(Please correct me if I'm in error in this..)

are you ok?

Yes, thanks for asking. It's been a rather pleasant and productive day. How about you?

Edit to add, going back and rereading my post I realize I should have taken more care with the precision of my word choices and sentence structure. No, I am not aware of you personally bringing unstable people to practice. I'm only directly aware of one other who did this, and the consequences of there having been unstable people worked with on some level - however this came to pass.

Apologies for the incorrectness (as it relates to you directly) in the insinuations behind the questions in my post.

Edited by ilumairen

36 minutes ago, dawei said:

21 minutes ago, dawei said:

you made a completely false statement.  If you don’t know every last person in depth enough to make such a false comment then it’s delusional, right?

Between personal inconsistency and false effect (and a very passive-aggressive ad hominem, too), you seem to enjoy continuing your habit of trying to be the cool and self-important former mod who had false reasonableness and false equivalence to equally false egalitarianism. 

At no point was it ever in doubt that the members who left or were banned were abhorrent perpetuators of Alt-Right views, given that Sean personally asked them to leave, and they formed their own forum in response. 

Then you make the absolutely bogus statement that ralis made a "completely false statement" which reads more like wishful thinking than it sounds like Sam Spade coming in to show how he solved a case through his own brilliance and sleuthing.

It's as though you're trying to be clever and hoping everyone will give you a pat on the head, but sadly, it only serves to make you appear as sincere as Richard Nixon, as eloquent as Elmer Fudd, and as intelligent as Gomer Pyle, while in your mind, you are Arthur Fonzarelli. 

It is also as if you are posting this either because of complete lack of self-awareness, or you are doing so hoping to win some sort of approval in other forums where disgruntled former members are reading what you're writing. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ilumairen said:

You were not the one who introduced Lori to Jeff, this is true, but there has been much drama here, imo, owing to him messing with people who are unstable and should have been left alone - one of the few things I thought we were in some agreement on regarding this subject matter. 

(Please correct me if I'm in error in this..)

Yes, thanks for asking. It's been a rather pleasant and productive day. How about you?

I don’t know Lori and if it’s something at another site (or closed one), I was not aware of anything with her.   If she didn’t give her permission to have here say spread here, I’d likely not talk myself if I knew.

I’ve heard stories though.  Somethings I don’t agree with and would not do myself but I only know stories and not facts from both side.

i think I realize your comments now, about my offer of a PM.   I meant that for finding Spotless at another website, as he is in the title.   I never got a request.

I’m good and working from home with or without the virus.  I like it that way.

17 minutes ago, dawei said:

I am supposed to answer whether I am delusional or not? Only an idiot would get caught up in that one. BTW, don't take me for a dummy because I am not!

Look up what Sean said regarding right wing sycophants and others that were asked to leave. I know what I am talking about.

Just now, Earl Grey said:

Between personal inconsistency and false effect (and a very passive-aggressive ad hominem, too), you seem to enjoy continuing your habit of trying to be the cool and self-important former mod who had false reasonableness and false equivalence to equally false egalitarianism. 

At no point was it ever in doubt that the members who left or were banned were abhorrent perpetuators of Alt-Right views, given that Sean personally asked them to leave, and they formed their own forum in response. 

Then you make the absolutely bogus statement that ralis made a "completely false statement" which reads more like wishful thinking than it sounds like Sam Spade coming in to show how he solved a case and figured out the suspect. It's as though you're trying to be clever and hoping everyone will give you a pat on the head, but sadly, it only serves to make you appear as sincere as Richard Nixon, as eloquent as Elmer Fudd, and as intelligent as Gomer Pyle, while in your mind, you are Arthur Fonzarelli. 

It is also as if you are posting this either because of complete lack of self-awareness, or you are doing so hoping to win some sort of approval in other forums where disgruntled former members are reading what you're writing. 

I realized what is going on... Ralis and you are posting off topic.  The topic was, where is Spotless and other members like Jeff.  I responded to that.  Ralis is talking about an earlier departure of members.  Elsewhere Ilum rightly said right wingers were asked to leave but those banned were due to infractions.  

the later departures seem to me what the OP raised.

i think you are over-thinking things.

Just now, dawei said:

I realized what is going on... Ralis and you are posting off topic.  The topic was, where is Spotless and other members like Jeff.  I responded to that.  Ralis is talking about an earlier departure of members.  Elsewhere Ilum rightly said right wingers were asked to leave but those banned were due to infractions.  

Bait and switch and avoiding the conversation--you started by your two messages I quoted earlier and now you are backing out because the spotlight's been shined on you. Nice way to point a finger right back after you've been cornered. 

QED. Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, ralis said:

I am supposed to answer whether I am delusional or not? Only an idiot would get caught up in that one. BTW, don't take me for a dummy because I am not!

Look up what Sean said regarding right wing sycophants and others that were asked to leave. I know what I am talking about.

see my other response. I think we’re talking two different departure of members.  I was trying to stay on topic of the OP.   Those that just left we’re not all right wingers.  Including Spotless named in the title.   

so I’m talking the recent departures.  Maybe we add Walker now.

Just now, dawei said:

Now you are trying to make up for past inadequacies by accusations that EG and I are posting off topic. I merely added my point which was to the point in a small part of the thread.

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

Bait and switch and avoiding the conversation--you started by your two messages I quoted earlier and now you are backing out because the spotlight's been shined on you. Nice way to point a finger right back after you've been cornered. 

QED. Thanks. 

nope.  All my posts are about the topic of recent departures.  Ralis added in the previous departures.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dawei said:

i think I realize your comments now, about my offer of a PM.   I meant that for finding Spotless at another website, as he is in the title.  

Thanks for clarifying this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ralis said:

Now you are trying to make up for past inadequacies by accusations that EG and I are posting off topic. I merely added my point which was to the point in a small part of the thread.

no problem. I’ve stayed focused on the topic and didn’t catch references were meant for an earlier time.   Ok, that is my bad.   But not 100% who left in either time are all aligned to the right.  

1 minute ago, ilumairen said:

Thanks for clarifying this.

well, your post caught me off guard but made me realize what you and Ralis were coming from.   Maybe more words would of helped in some posts to make certain statements clear.

1 minute ago, dawei said:

nope.  All my posts are about the topic of recent departures.  Ralis added in the previous departures.

Nope, now you're saying "Oh, but I followed the rules and stayed on topic" and sound like a guy who got caught by highway patrol saying that you were driving at the speed limit rather than the flow of traffic, and surely he can overlook the fact you were texting only a little. 

All through your head you are going "These are not the droids you are looking for."

Same tired tactics, same manipulation, same attempt to have a silver tongue.

The hole you dig is only getting deeper. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1