Tryingtodobetter

Forum member "spotless". Missing messages.

Several years ago when I was in a relationship with a woman who claimed to be from puerto rico and I was experienced strange bodily sensations I went to this forum to seek counsel.

After messaging him for help forum member named spotless told me that I had "a white mist floating in front of my stomach" and when I asked him to specify he said "Well, I thought you knew what that meant. Gotta go, see ya!"

Now, a few years ago I found myself having strange bodily phenomena and a spiritual/energetic crises of some sort when I began a relationship with another woman, although her words and actions caused me to question the validity and authenticity of the relationship. I once again consulted spotless for advice, this time he told me to ask jeff.

There has been a number of times I have encountered the name jeff in recent time. From seeking help from an acupuncturist named jeffery, which after the treatment I've found that my circulation is not what it was and I am unable to exercise with any regularity. Blood pools in my hands when I take relatively short walks about town, and I have veins showing in my right forearm constantly. Lost of memes with the name Jeffrey aswell, "my namea jeff". I received a dress shirt with the name geofferey bean on the tag. There is more.

Also during the latest crises I asked another member for advice and he told me to try focusing on complex objects such as orange cross-sections, leaf veins and mountains.

My entire conversation with the aforementioned member and spotless is missing from my inbox on this website.

*On a possibly unrelated tangent. Why did the creator of lone man pai change the slogan of his practices to "blood and honey"? I have seen a pattern of bear imagery over the last few years, even on trips to places. Some of the bear and bee imagery seems self-referential and it doesn't feel good*

• Like 1

Some good, contributing members have been run off here.   PM me if you want some help to find someone. 

• Like 1

Realize too, that advice given on the internet, without knowing you, or the problem indepth, is akin to shots in the dark.  Suggestions that may or may not work for you.  Because you know yourself and are more familiar with the problems, taking out a sheet of paper, writing down your troubles, and coming up with a couple plans, a,b,c.. might be a more direct source of help.

I assume when Spotless mentioned Jeff, he wasn't giving some clairvoyant info, rather he meant a member here, Jeff who often volunteers to give people body scans/readings.   I'd caution against going the whole psychic route.  Leave the world of entities and coincidences alone for awhile.  Hit the basics, improve the little things and not look for someone with a 'magical' advice or answer. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone notice not only a similar writing style and attitude in the OP to the recently banned member Heartbreak, but that Tryingtodobetter also mysteriously reappeared right after Heartbreak was banned? I’m sure @Trunk could check this too with admin logs.

• Like 1

Trying joined in March of 2018.  Probably not Heartbreak, although they may share some similarities. :)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cheya said:

Trying joined in March of 2018.  Probably not Heartbreak, although they may share some similarities. :)

I know he was here earlier, but Heartbreak sure sounded like a sock puppet, as the join date of the original member is irrelevant to a sock puppet that came later.

Remember V-Origin had many accounts over a long period of time...

1 hour ago, cheya said:

His early posting seems consist with what he says here.   And their interests and confrontation seems different.  

6 hours ago, Tryingtodobetter said:

Several years ago when I was in a relationship with a woman who claimed to be from puerto rico and I was experienced strange bodily sensations I went to this forum to seek counsel.

After messaging him for help forum member named spotless told me that I had "a white mist floating in front of my stomach" and when I asked him to specify he said "Well, I thought you knew what that meant. Gotta go, see ya!"

Now, a few years ago I found myself having strange bodily phenomena and a spiritual/energetic crises of some sort when I began a relationship with another woman, although her words and actions caused me to question the validity and authenticity of the relationship. I once again consulted spotless for advice, this time he told me to ask jeff.

There has been a number of times I have encountered the name jeff in recent time. From seeking help from an acupuncturist named jeffery, which after the treatment I've found that my circulation is not what it was and I am unable to exercise with any regularity. Blood pools in my hands when I take relatively short walks about town, and I have veins showing in my right forearm constantly. Lost of memes with the name Jeffrey aswell, "my namea jeff". I received a dress shirt with the name geofferey bean on the tag. There is more.

Also during the latest crises I asked another member for advice and he told me to try focusing on complex objects such as orange cross-sections, leaf veins and mountains.

My entire conversation with the aforementioned member and spotless is missing from my inbox on this website.

*On a possibly unrelated tangent. Why did the creator of lone man pai change the slogan of his practices to "blood and honey"? I have seen a pattern of bear imagery over the last few years, even on trips to places. Some of the bear and bee imagery seems self-referential and it doesn't feel good*

If you ever receive info by PM, about contacts, etc,  that do not turn out well or make you feel uneasy, please bring it to the open forum here to talk about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dawei said:

His early posting seems consist with what he says here.   And their interests and confrontation seems different.  

Do not forget you made mistakes in your own assessments before and misidentified the member tao stillness as a sock puppet account among others.

• Like 3

Hi @Tryingtodobetter

The conversation wasn't in your inbox; it was on the board. 

Here it is:

typo

Edited by ilumairen

On 4/23/2020 at 10:31 AM, dawei said:

Some good, contributing members have been run off here.   PM me if you want some help to find someone. 

The ones that were asked to leave were alt-right Trump sycophants and needed to leave. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ilumairen said:

Hi @Tryingtodobetter

The conversation wasn't in your inbox; it was on the board. 

Here it is:

typo

Aetherous was definitely a trip!

1 hour ago, ralis said:

The ones that were asked to leave were alt-right Trump sycophants and needed to leave. 

There is apparently some still here.

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, moment said:

There is apparently some still here.

There is one that visits the forum everyday, but just lurks around. 

• Like 1

I've got nothing against the mystical/esoteric paths.  Its just, when a person is only getting the bad side and not the positives, then perhaps its time to switch to the 'plainer' world.  Without being grounded and at peace, exploring the fringe isn't a good idea.  Because real or imagined you open yourself up to negative forces. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I've got nothing against the mystical/esoteric paths.  Its just, when a person is only getting the bad side and not the positives, then perhaps its time to switch to the 'plainer' world.  Without being grounded and at peace, exploring the fringe isn't a good idea.  Because real or imagined you open yourself up to negative forces. 

BOOM!!  There you are: " Without being grounded and at peace, exploring the fringe isn't a good idea.  Because real or imagined you open yourself up to negative forces. "  Geezus H!  Why, is it so damn difficult, to get that basic truth into some peoples heads!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, moment said:

BOOM!!  There you are: " Without being grounded and at peace, exploring the fringe isn't a good idea.  Because real or imagined you open yourself up to negative forces. "  Geezus H!  Why, is it so damn difficult, to get that basic truth into some peoples heads!

Because people would rather have something fantastic to feel special and part of something different than deal with reality. 

The trick to having the fantastic in reality is to see the magic in reality itself. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

Because people would rather have something fantastic to feel special and part of something different than deal with reality. 

The trick to having the fantastic in reality is to see the magic in reality itself. 

Very well said!

29 minutes ago, thelerner said:

When something is destabilizing to someone, for this someone it is both reasonable and responsible to suggest not engaging in what, for this individual, leads to destabilization.

Coming in with quotes which seem to indicate the usefulness for some of what is destabilizing for the one being addressed seems counterproductive imo.

Edit to indicate the following are flow of conciousness questions which arose for me, and are not directed at the individual quoted:

What is the point of this?  Is it personal attachment which isn't taking the presented circumstances of the individual into account?

Edited by ilumairen
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ऋषि said:

In particular what most people who are not naturally inclined to seeking out 'magic' and 'psychics' and all that may not understand are the  natural inclinations of those who are, simply from that most basic angle of perspective.  Another thing to note from a more objective side is that these kinds of approaches involve a different way of thinking about 'the world' itself, and by extension, the personal relationship to it.

There are other threads here from the OP; I believe there are actually two which show suicidal ideation, and the one I linked to above. 

IMO, he doesn't need self proclaimed gurus and psychics further messing with his head. And the less he reads into things such as the recurrence of a very common name, the better off he will be. 

Sorry for the talking about you instead of to you @Tryingtodobetter. You could try messaging @Aetherous, as I still see his name on the active user list from time to time, and perhaps he could further assist you with grounding practices.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2020 at 12:31 PM, dawei said:

Are you bringing another mentally and emotionally unstable person to practice?

And what happens if/when this turns out as badly as some of the others? (If this is your intent)

More dismissal of the individual having been unstable, and how they shouldn't have been worked with in the first place?

I've seen such hindsight, and wonder if/when it will ever translate into foresight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

There are other threads here from the OP; I believe there are actually two which show suicidal ideation, and the one I linked to above. 

IMO, he doesn't need self proclaimed gurus and psychics further messing with his head. And the less he reads into things such as the recurrence of a very common name, the better off he will be. 

Sorry for the talking about you instead of to you @Tryingtodobetter. You could try messaging @Aetherous, as I still see his name on the active user list from time to time, and perhaps he could further assist you with grounding practices.

Aetherous is an intelligent person and it was very unfortunate that he felt forced out of here and went to Original Dao.  I believe his different perspective on many things was a great asset to TDB.  Having said that, I am surprised that you would refer Tryingtodobetter to him for grounding.  I never saw grounding as one of Aetherous's great strengths.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, moment said:

Aetherous is an intelligent person and it was very unfortunate that he felt forced out of here and went to Original Dao.  I believe his different perspective on many things was a great asset to TDB.  Having said that, I am surprised that you would refer Tryingtodobetter to him for grounding.  I never saw grounding as one of Aetherous's great strengths.

The practices he presented to this member were simple, direct, and rooted in physical reality (without the destabilizing mental connections and constructions) - hence my use of the word "grounding."

Simple, everyday life objects, as support for focusing the mind.. 

Kinda akin to "be here now."

• Like 1

@moment

Thanks for the query btw. I have everyday life matters to attend to, but perhaps later I'll address some of my thoughts and reasonings in more depth in my ppd, and we can explore them if you wish.

• Like 1