Toni

My opinion on Coronavirus

I don't post much here often anymore. I was very interested in qigong some time ago and I posted more often, but then I changed my practice a little bit and I don't come much any more.

Anyway, I would like to say something about this coronavirus thing. I really think this is just another fucking flu. Do you get it? just another flu. The media is crazy about that, showing again they are complete retards. Then we have the health care system, again more retards. Doctors who are stupid and know nothing will pretend they are the masters of the universe. They are scammers, who know only about giving pills to everybody, left and right. A lot of old people who went to the hospital and died there, maybe they would have never died if they had stayed home, so you know what i fucking mean.

Also the people who die from this flu are as a rule old and sick people, like always I guess.

This is also a show, but it is showing us that people are retarded. Journalists are clowns who know absolutely nothing and are all day talking about anything as if they were super experts, doctors are scammers unable to understand this virus, and many politicians are even worse. They force us to stay at home, we can't even do exercise outside, so this is not the best way to keep us healthy. Also now the economy is destroyed, expect a huge crisis soon.

So yes, this virus is just another virus, maybe a little more dangerous, but society is as silly as 3000 years ago. And there is no remedy for this.

Thanks for reading

Edited by Toni

as i interpret through local awareness:

either

cleanse citta

and experience True Nature

or resign to engage only with the phantom vaporous ephemeral dust

covering the lense of awareness, obscuring True Nature

perpetuated by one's own self-damma

via the not so gentle yet oh so pervasive

social and familial conditioned distortions

tulpas of communal dust devils and devas

covering citta in addictive story time

plato's cave people watching shadows then teaching folks what is real and not...

the more words they use, the less meaning capable of reflecting reality.

no matter what i encounter in life

if citta remains clouded

it has been filtered through the lense of my own personal interpretations

social lense, family lense

the lense of language

thinking in words is thinking someone else's thoughts

unless you habitually create your own

silence utters no untruth

leaves nothing unsaid

silence: that which is murdered when you whisper its name

words and mind often

sully experiential

beingness, with noise

• Like 1

idk, people are retarded?.. journalists are clowns?.. doctors are scammers?, super experts don't know anything..

I understand its frustrating.  I don't understand why you can't go outside and exercise.  Are you sure you can't?  Where are you at, there's a chance you misunderstand the shelter in place orders.  In Illinois we're not forced to stay inside, most people go for long walks or runs, ie staying 6 feet apart and wearing masks when we're in stores.

You're right this is hurting the economy, badly.  It's not destroyed though, money is still good, groceries and hardwares are still open, but closures are hurting people badly.  The last decade has seen virus's much worse then covid19, like ebola, that had a 30 or 40% death rate but thanks to experts and drastic measures they didn't spread. 

We've had plagues that killed off 25% of the population.  It's suggested the native American population suffered plagues that killed 80 to 90%!   Generations would lose 10% to plagues and 20% to super plagues.  We might be able to do better.  Maybe we're over reacting to this.  We'll have to see.

To some extent it boils down to how much are elderly lives worth?  They're the ones at highest risk from a very contagious illness.  Is losing 10,000's or 100,000s of them worth shutting down much of the economy for a month or two? 

I don't have a problem with perhaps overreacting now, as long as we learn something from it. 

Edited by thelerner

the problem is that in my country, Spain, it is forbidden to go out! You can't go out to exercise, you can never go out, except for buying food and medication. Nothing else. If you go out you get a 600 euros fine, we have no freedom right now. We can't even exercise!!!

Edited by Toni
  • Sad 2

44 minutes ago, Toni said:

the problem is that in my country, Spain, it is forbidden to go out! You can't go out to exercise, you can never go out, except for buying food and medication. Nothing else. If you go out you get a 600 euros fine, we have no freedom right now. We can't even exercise!!!

It's the same thing here, and it's illegal to not wear a mask. 

For two weeks, I wasn't even allowed outside to buy food or medication since we had a case on my floor--we couldn't go out to walk the dogs or open the door to look into the hallway. 

I had no sunlight and was extremely agitated for two weeks. It didn't help that people living in wealthier dwellings were calling their situation prisons without seeing what my situation looked like and trivializing it.

So I get your anger and find that a lot of what you want to say is actually getting lost in the frustration and anger you are venting here.

The news media, depending on whom you follow, can certainly give us some unbalanced perspectives if you watch Fox News, who were encouraging protests and until a corporate order came down, nobody was reminding protestors to wear masks and socially distance themselves. 

Also, I don't think it's as simple as saying it's just the flu--we don't have the resources or experience to deal with it medically, and we have seen global institutions have failed us in favor of politics as well as government torn apart by populist and authoritarian paranoia. Mix this with some information outlets treating this as merely a conspiracy and overblown, and you have what was once something that could have been prevented even 25 years ago when we had more of a global community before Putin, Xi, and George W. Bush that could have come together under the Clinton years better than this circus act. And I say this as a huge Clinton critic as well. 

• Like 1