waterdrop

I get Pain in sitting bones - solution ?

I get pain in the sitting bones when i sit on a chair - also a bit cushioned one  ( i dont like sitting on a pillow cause than it causes other problems)   -  does anyone know the reason for this ? or even knows a solution (apart from saying to sit on a cushion)  ?      is it that  i dont have enough fat or muscles in the butt ?  that dont seem likely and not the case judging  appearance  but maybe it is ?  i sit up right

Edited by waterdrop

No but i dont think its a posture thing (im working on my standing posture  - so if that is the problem it would be fixes i think) i changed position and there is a better one but it still does not go away completely

We don't often THINK (or FEEL) it is a posture thing, that is why it is useful to have some one else check you. But to each their own. 

4 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

No but i dont think its a posture thing (im working on my standing posture  - so if that is the problem it would be fixes i think) i changed position and there is a better one but it still does not go away completely

Edited by forestofemptiness

If this activity is new to you then it is likely to be painful! Do you cycle? I cycled for years and didn't feel a thing - even with a hard saddle. Stopped cycling for a while and then, when going back to it, so painful!

Cheers

Rob

It might be something simple or maybe bulging/ slip disc problems of the spine radiating downwards.

It might be better to consult a doc just to be careful of not aggravating the pain.Laying flat and Lower back exercises might help.

• Like 2

If  posture related, then perhaps sitting with the balance more forward might help.  Most people lean back, instead be more upright, even to the point of feeling as if slightly fall forward.  Some weight on the feet.  See if that helps.  When I do longer sitting a slight bobbing motion, just an inch, forward and back at the waist helps me sit longer. 

My wife's been working at home.  Her back was hurting for awhile.  We got her chair from work, and magically the back pain stopped.  Why?  Superior chair, ergonomics.  Especially because she sits in it for a few hours a day.  See where you sit the most and double check your position in terms of proper ergonomics and tension.  There are internet sites that may talk about it.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1