Sign in to follow this  
Rara

The Secret of the Golden Flower

Haven't encountered that version yet.  I have two versions... Cleary and Wilhelm.

I prefer the Wilhelm but with translations it's always nice to have a variety of them and see what distills out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Haven't encountered that version yet.  I have two versions... Cleary and Wilhelm.

I prefer the Wilhelm but with translations it's always nice to have a variety of them and see what distills out.

Would you say that reading the above link is worth it, from what you can see?

8 hours ago, Rara said:

Would you say that reading the above link is worth it, from what you can see?

It's certainly intrigued me. 

I've bookmarked it for future reference.

On 4/21/2020 at 11:31 AM, Rara said:

Hey. Does anybody know this book? If so, please can you let me know if this is a good translation:

https://thesecretofthegoldenflower.com/index.html

Hey! I read through that whole site last year after I saw it linked somewhere by @Taoist Texts

What's great is there are a tons of extra notes going into details of history and context and translation, hyperlinked right into the main text. I also like having the Chinese version placed along side each verse. You can copy into Google Translate and get a feel for what each character represents, able to reflect more on what the English version is talking about.

• Thanks 2

On 21/04/2020 at 7:37 PM, silent thunder said:

I now have Cleary's btw. My current reading :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this