Sign in to follow this  
Immortal4life

Anyone use online dating apps?

21 minutes ago, ralis said:

Washington Examiner is a right wing news organization, based on lies, right wing ideology as seen in the above article. It comes off like a religious diatribe against women! Seriously shows where your mindset is toward women.

I read a couple of sentences, recognized the stance, and moved on.

• Like 1

Seriously man, come up with something original.

All this talk of how women and men are isn't new--at least back then, people were deciding if women were Gingers, Mary-Anne's, or Lovey and they knew it wasn't serious at all. 

Give us more Eve Ensler and Dorothy Parker with a dash of Courtney Love and Rosie O'Donnell. Something intelligent, witty, memorable, and unabashedly audacious. 

Give us something that describes women with way more credit and creativity like Janelle Monae. 

Entertain me, Jonathan. Entertain me. 

3 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

Ok so for the guys reading this. I'm gonna kind of break the 3rd wall here. Do you notice how in the beginning she was able to play it pretty cool. She was playing it very indifferent. She was like "you're a bore" etc.

This is the turning point in the interaction. 'Oh my stars!" You see I've now turned on her emotions, and the good thing about emotions is they can be flipped around. I got her to emotionally react and you can always work with emotions. Indifference though you cant do much with. So I flipped her into emotionality, which deep down she actually enjoys much more than indifference or bleh.

I will make this short! This kind of behavior is what leads to being banned permanently! Either cool it or I will push to have you banned. Don't for a minute think that I can't!

4 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

This is another great example of how I flipped the frame on her. If you go back you'll see she was demanding me explain my motivations or something about household chores. What I did though is flip it around on her and now she is explaining her reasoning to me.

I am posting to keep this for the admin. 

22 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

You don't have to try so hard. You don't need to post so many emoticons. It's ok. Don't worry you don't have to convince anyone of your emotional state.

:rolleyes:

Yes, much better to let you paint it for me, and present me as a caricature of myself instead. Easier for you to "ass kick" that way... nevermind if it's all in your own head and likely not in sync with my reality.

6 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I read a couple of sentences, recognized the stance, and moved on.

I scanned the article for about five seconds and all the right wing code words were patently obvious. That is all I needed to do.

Edited by ralis

25 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Oh my stars!

So you view this discussion as some sort of battle where you're basically "holding your own"?

Oh my stars, should be read as an eyeroll.. kinda like, " are you for real" or "can you really be this daft."

I'm glad however, the internal war of the poster is now clearly out in the open - even if I'm presently the screen it is presented on.

16 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

Ok so for the guys reading this. I'm gonna kind of break the 3rd wall here. Do you notice how in the beginning she was able to play it pretty cool. She was playing it very indifferent. She was like "you're a bore" etc.

This is the turning point in the interaction. 'Oh my stars!" You see I've now turned on her emotions, and the good thing about emotions is they can be flipped around. I got her to emotionally react and you can always work with emotions. Indifference though you cant do much with. So I flipped her into emotionality, which deep down she actually enjoys much more than indifference or bleh.

You're delusions are showing. 

20 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

This is another great example of how I flipped the frame on her. If you go back you'll see she was demanding me explain my motivations or something about household chores. What I did though is flip it around on her and now she is explaining her reasoning to me.

I made no demands. This is your emotional interpretation of the words shared.

You asked a simple question, which in the interest of the possibility of an actual conversion, I answered. 

Interesting to note, there was only attempted manipulation presented after my good faith offering.

You had your opportunity to respond with the same openness, but to you I am opponent whose ass you feel the need to kick in order to uphold your stereotypes and maintain your sense of superiority. 

Yes, I find you boring (patriarchal ideals and stereotypes often are to me these days). To me, you're just another bucket on the water wheel. And I find no use in going in endless circles with yet another man who presumes the right to speak for me, over me, or through me without ever honestly speaking with me.

I wish you well.

P.S. In the spirit of "showing things to the guys," the means of interaction you have witnessed here is a very good example of how to get a woman to walk away from you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This thread is a reminder of Sinclair Lewis “Main Street.” That was my point regarding where I grew up. 

ilumairen I appreciate your sincerity and grace you demonstrate. I feel like I really was acting like a cocky jerk, and really did go overboard. I never intended for this to get so heated, and in the heat of the moment I did let my passion and feelings get the best of me. I see that now and I do sinscerely apologize. You dserve all the best, and have the right to be heard, to speak for yourself, and your feelings are absolutely valid.

You're absolutely right, and I'm realizing that I'm not superior to any other human being on this earth. We're all here just trying to understand each other, live harmoniously, and make our way in this life. I appreciate you and your comments are more helpful to me than you know.

Edited by Immortal4life

15 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

ilumairen I appreciate your sincerity and grace you demonstrate. I feel like I really was acting like a cocky jerk, and really did go overboard. I never intended for this to get so heated, and in the heat of the moment I did let my passion and feelings get the best of me. I see that now and I do sinscerely apologize. You dserve all the best, and have the right to be heard, to speak for yourself, and your feelings are absolutely valid.

You're absolutely right, and I'm realizing that I'm not superior to any other human being on this earth. We're all here just trying to understand each other, live harmoniously, and make our way in this life. I appreciate you and your comments are more helpful to me than you know.

‘That was an about face. Afraid of being banned?

1 minute ago, ralis said:

Sounds pretty insincere, too. 

• Like 1

Something I can see everyone here is passion about is Inequality. Inequality in all it's forms are so damaging and all good people of the world are fighting against it.

One often overlooked form of equality is in the dating market. It's why I'm so passionate about navigating dating dynamics.

Someyhing we have seen is the attractiveness, whether it be physical fertility signs which men are highly drawn to(replication signals), or social dominance which women are high drawn to(survival values), it distributed highly unequally in all societies

There is a principle called the pareto principle and some people believe it applies to dating and relationships 

We can see from data from online dating apps the distribution of sexual relationships is highly unequal. Some people have suggested that 20% of men are having sexual relations with 80% of women. I don't know the exact stats, but this article talks about the Gini coefficient 

https://medium.com/@worstonlinedater/tinder-experiments-ii-guys-unless-you-are-really-hot-you-are-probably-better-off-not-wasting-your-2ddf370a6e9a

"

The Data

As I stated previously the average female “likes” 12% of men on Tinder. This doesn't mean though that most males will get “liked” back by 12% of all the women they “like” on Tinder. This would only be the case if “likes” were equally distributed. In reality, the bottom 80% of men are fighting over the bottom 22% of women and the top 78% of women are fighting over the top 20% of men. We can see this trend in Figure 1. The area in blue represents the situations where women are more likely to “like” the men. The area in pink represents the situations where men are more likely to “like” women. The curve doesn’t go down linearly, but instead drops quickly after the top 20% of men. Comparing the blue area and the pink area we can see that for a random female/male Tinder interaction the male is likely to “like” the female 6.2 times more often than the female “likes” the male.

The Lorenz curve for the Tinder economy is lower than the curve for the US economy. This means that the inequality in Tinder wealth distribution is larger than the inequality of income in the US economy. One way economists quantify this difference is by comparing the Gini coefficient for different economies.

The Gini coefficient (Wikipedia link) is a number between 0 and 1, where 0 corresponds with perfect equality where everyone has the same income (damn commies) and 1 corresponds with perfect inequality where one person has all the income and everyone else has zero income (let them eat cake). The United States currently has one of the higher Gini coefficients (most income inequality) of all of the world’s biggest economies at a value of 0.41. The Tinder Gini coefficient is even higher at 0.58. This may not seem like a big difference but it is actually huge. Figure 3 compares the income Gini coefficient distribution for 162 nations and adds the Tinder economy to the list. The United States Gini coefficient is higher than 62% of the world’s countries. The Tinder economy has a higher Gini coefficient than 95.1% of the countries in the world. The only countries that have a higher Gini coefficient than Tinder are Angola, Haiti, Botswana, Namibia, Comoros, South Africa, Equatorial Guinea, and Seychelles (which I had never heard of before)."

Edited by Immortal4life

5 minutes ago, ralis said:

3 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Sounds pretty insincere, too. 

My guess would be another attempt at emotional "flipping" and further manipulation. Then an expose for "the guys reading this" regarding how easy it is to feed female emotions towards manipulative goal. 

The issue is, once trust in open communication is betrayed where there is no emotional investment, there is simply no compelling reason to further involve oneself. 

If there is any sincerity to it, time will bear it out, although I remain doubtful given the saccharine tone. 

Thanks guys. Hope you have a good day. 

• Like 1

Just now, ilumairen said:

My guess would be another attempt at emotional "flipping" and further manipulation. Then an expose for "the guys reading this" regarding how easy it is to feed female emotions towards manipulative goal. 

The issue is, once trust in open communication is betrayed where there is no emotional investment, there is simply no compelling reason to further involve oneself. 

If there is any sincerity to it, time will bear it out, although I remain doubtful given the saccharine tone. 

He'll also attempt to emasculate ralis and me as "weak" and "nice boys" as he had said earlier to demonstrate to his fellow PUA Bros that this is how we are but mere sheep or blue pills.

I haven't been this bored in a long time--it might actually help me sleep early tonight. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I swear I wouldn't do that, when I say something I mean it. You're 100% right it's like we've been saying all along and both understand, actions speak louder than words and healing wounds takes time. You're clearly someone who has a good head on her shoulders, and you dont take any bullshit. Intelligent, passionate, and thoughtful.

I also would never mean to emasculate your friends here or any of that insecure bullshit. They're clearly great guys and you obviously are someone who really values friendship and connections. 

Edited by Immortal4life

I swear I wouldn't do that, when I say something I mean it. You're 100% right it's like we've been saying all along and both understand, actions speak louder than words and healing wounds takes time. You're clearly someone who has a good head on her shoulders, and you dont take any bullshit. Intelligent, passionate, and thoughtful.

I also would never mean to emasculate your friends here or any of that insecure bullshit. They're clearly great guys and you obviously are someone who really values friendship and connections. 

Liiiiiiiaaaaarrrrr.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ralis said:

Oh you're actually being a good friend to ilumairen and I respect that you look out for your friends, it's a good thing to do.

2 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Liiiiiiiaaaaarrrrr.

Is he always like this?Jk I'm just messin with you buddy, I get it though it's your way of showing you care 

5 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Liiiiiiiaaaaarrrrr.

He keeps the manipulation going!

Anyways, if you guys would like share any experiences you've had with online dating I'd actually genuinely be interested 

Edited by Immortal4life

Oh you're actually being a good friend to ilumairen and I respect that you look out for your friends, it's a good thing to do.

Most on this site know my reputation for pushing back against misogynists, racists, bullies, bigots and so forth. I don't take kindly to any of it!

Sign in to follow this