Sign in to follow this  
Immortal4life

Anyone use online dating apps?

2 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

Well you might be right, I'm not discounting your feelings completely.

I wouldn't care if you did. 

Logically, and observationally, this idea women are more emotional is only tenable when certain emotions (as expressed by men) are negated as emotion and a patriarchal status quo is upheld, whereby men can speak with certitude and argumentation is entirely dismissed as this emotionality they somehow don't experience. 

It is anything but logical, while touting how very logical it is.

Boring drivel as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I typically find that news articles where they make you sign up with your email address in order to read, usually to get you on their mailing list, are not in fact news or good articles.

Peterson claims men are order and women are chaos is over the cliff bonkers! 

I had a co-worker who taped a print-out of Peterson's stupid rules on his work computer. Despite it being an incredibly easy but well-paying job, and the boss being extremely patient and kind, he got fired after about a month; the guy called out almost every other day so he could get stoned and play X-Box or whatever; when he did show up, he would be watching KKK and other white supremacist videos half the time and showing them to everyone. Also his favorite band was Oasis. Good grief.

1 minute ago, Immortal4life said:

I typically find that news articles where they make you sign up with your email address in order to read, usually to get you on their mailing list, are not in fact news or good articles.

I didn't give the NY Times my email or signup info. I imagine I can find other articles that confirm the NY Times piece. We got rid of the Stephen Molynaux bullshit here some time ago and I think in time you will be banned.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SirPalomides said:

I had a co-worker who taped a print-out of Peterson's stupid rules on his work computer. Despite it being an incredibly easy but well-paying job, and the boss being extremely patient and kind, he got fired after about a month; the guy called out almost every other day so he could get stoned and play X-Box or whatever; when he did show up, he would be watching KKK and other white supremacist videos half the time and showing them to everyone. Also his favorite band was Oasis. Good grief.

That's offensive...Oasis, yeesh.

...at least it wasn't Nickelback.

Just now, ilumairen said:

I wouldn't care if you did. 

Logically, and observationally, this idea women are more emotional is only tenable when certain emotions (as expressed by men) are negated as emotion and a patriarchal status quo is upheld, whereby men can speak with certitude and argumentation is entirely dismissed as this emotionality they somehow don't experience. 

It is anything but logical, while touting how very logical it is.

Boring drivel as far as I'm concerned. 

Well I appreciate the effort and energy you're putting in. So I'll explicate a bit on this idea you bring up.

I've certainly never thought men are "more" emotional than women, or that women are "less" logical than men.

It is my experience though, that women typically value emotion and intuition in their daily life and affairs. Men typically value logic over emotion in theirs. So this is mostly a strawmam🙂

7 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

So cynical and harsh man, who hurt you?

A man who has found his niche and audience - predominantly among incels and men feeling dejected by women having rights to make their own choices and speak for themselves. 

:yawn:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

You definitely are a negative guy! You just  like bashing everything and everyone, oh man you're too much I love it.

2 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

A man who has found his niche and audience - predominantly among incels and men feeling dejected by women having rights to make their own choices and speak for themselves. 

:yawn:

That's a stereotype and it's not true. Go to one of his speeches, he packs high end classy venues, and you'll see a lot of couples dressed extremely nicely. More like men in fancy suits and women in Pearls and high heels

1 minute ago, Immortal4life said:

Well I appreciate the effort and energy you're putting in. So I'll explicate a bit on this idea you bring up.

I've certainly never thought men are "more" emotional than women, or that women are "less" logical than men.

It is my experience though, that women typically value emotion and intuition in their daily life and affairs. Men typically value logic over emotion in theirs. So this is mostly a strawmam🙂

I value entertainment, and you're as boring as reruns of Gilligan's Island

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

You definitely are a negative guy! You just  like bashing everything and everyone, oh man you're too much I love it.

How is that negative? I'm reporting a thing that actually happened. You're the lot complaining how you're oh-so-oppressed by multiculturalism, women having these awful "rights" thingies, etc.

• Like 1

There is a difference in how Men and Women think though if you interact with them a lot and pay close attention. 

Men's emotions follows their logic. Women's logic follows their emotion.

So a man would typically make a statement like this..."Things are good, therefore I feel good."

But for a woman a statement that would make a lot more sense would be something more like...."I feel good, therefore things are good."

3 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

I value entertainment, and you're as boring as reruns of Gilligan's Island

😂😂

Ok decent. I'll give you +1 cool points for that one.

1 minute ago, SirPalomides said:

How is that negative? I'm reporting a thing that actually happened. You're the lot complaining how you're oh-so-oppressed by multiculturalism, women having these awful "rights" thingies, etc.

You just live in your little world too where you make things up to be however you want too!👌

4 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

Men in the context of religion, politics, xenophobia are responsible for most every war. War is neither rational or logical!

Hitler, Mussolini, Mao, Alexander, Napoleon, The Papacy, USA under male presidents, European Kings and so forth. A

There is a difference in how Men and Women think though if you interact with them a lot and pay close attention. 

Men's emotions follows their logic. Women's logic follows their emotion.

So a man would typically make a statement like this..."Things are good, therefore I feel good."

But for a woman a statement that would make a lot more sense would be something more like...."I feel good, therefore things are good."

Now you are playing psychologist with no qualifications except some sort of New Age patriarchal bullshit belief system.

Just now, ralis said:

Men in the context of religion, politics, xenophobia are responsible for most every war. War is neither rational or logical!

Hitler, Mussolini, Mao, Alexander, Napoleon, The Papacy, USA under male presidents, European Kings and so forth. 

No one's arguing that men or women are always rational in practice.

5 minutes ago, ralis said:

Now you are playing psychologist with no qualifications except some sort of New Age patriarchal bullshit belief system.

While I don't feel much need to qualify to you, I did qualify the context perfectly adequately for the scope of your own qualifications in this discussion here with me when I said "if you interact with them a lot, and pay close attention"

If you insist though I suppose I could post more real life examples in practice 

Edited by Immortal4life

Well I appreciate the effort and energy you're putting in.

How much energy and effort are you imaging this bit of banter is expanding, and more to the point, why would you imagine this?

So I'll explicate a bit on this idea you bring up.

"Men Explain Things to Me" redux

This is entirely dependent on how you define, categorize, and envision both.

Define the terms. 

Would frustration and anger count as emotion? Would knowing the layout for easiest flow of household chores be logical? Where is the line between emotion and logic in navigating interpersonal relationships? And how do you rate your own response to the attractiveness of the females you are considering in the opening posts of this thread? Is this attraction only logical, or is their some underlying and perhaps unrecognized emotional component?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No one's arguing that men or women are always rational in practice.

Actually, your narrative is naive and informed by male patriarchal propaganda. You will not win this argument!

17 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

That's a stereotype and it's not true.

:lol:

Is irony your second language?

While I don't feel much need to qualify to you, I did qualify the context perfectly adequately for the scope of your own qualifications in this discussion here with me when I said "if you interact with them a lot, and pay close attention"

If you insist though I suppose I could post more real life examples in practice 

You pretend to know what my qualifications are? Good luck with that! :lol: 

Sign in to follow this