Sign in to follow this  
Immortal4life

Bill Maher is right- The wet markets plus the Wuhan lab

Bill Maher, the great progressive, who long supported the great cause of marijuana legalization, plus gay marriage, tells it like it is about Chinese wet markets. In fact anyone who's spent any real time in China, especially in areas or cities outsiders normally never go to, will tell you never eat meat there, if you do it's a matter of time before you get sick 

Plus it very well may have come from.tbe Wuhan lab-

Edited by Immortal4life
  • Haha 1

He's not racist or islamophobic that's ridiculous. He's been fighting for liberal causes when most snowflakes were in diapers. Those wet markets need to be shut down.  We can't censor the obvious truth cuz there are a few actual racist idiots out there who will get the wrong idea. He's  not blaming Chinese people either. It is though, the chinese government, and in this case a barbaric, outdated, and messed up part of the culture, that is a big problem for the whole world and it is the job of the free world to say something about it.

That was a weak so called rebuttal

Enough is a enough 

https://images.app.goo.gl/w1xfPVTR7WegL3zTA

Edited by Immortal4life

Chinese eating quirks have been around for thousands of years. 

How come its only a problem now? 

If critique on a particular group's choice of food and source of procurement really matters that much to you, 

then present an argument citing a wider range of peoples' equally quirky food choices, if only for comparison's sake. 

Its not difficult - a quick scroll around Youtube and you will have access to thousands of videos showing a wide plethora of 

weird and wonderful stuff that people all over the world eat. 

This target on China is nothing other than a warped alt-right blame game to steer focus off orange blob's mother of all bungles in mishandling the worst US crisis in modern history, and you're swallowing it whole (check your procurement source, in other words), instead of using some critical thinking to weigh matters from all perspectives so that you have a chance to remain real. 

It has nothing to do with Trump or right wing politics. The image I linked is from PETA, and the video is Bill Maher, pure Liberal. Don't make excuses for the horrible treatment of animals, and eating habits that caused a global pandemic, that is if it wasn't from the Wuhan lab.

I'm not gonna do anything for comparison sake, cuz there is no comparison when this one caused a Worldwide pandemic. You go and search the web for a comparison to that!

Eating bats, cats, and dogs, is not quirky and wonderful.

How about this?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2010/jun/02/un-report-meat-free-diet

Edited by Immortal4life

4 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

It has nothing to do with Trump or right wing politics. The image I linked is from Peta, and the video is Bill Maher, pure Liberal. Don't make excuses for the horrible treatment of animals, and eating habits that caused a global pandemic, that is if it wasn't from the Wuhan lab.

I'm not gonna do anything for comparison sake, cuz there is no comparison when this one caused a Worldwide pandemic. You go and search the web for a comparison to that!

Eating bats, cats, and dogs, is not quirky and wonderful.

How about this?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2010/jun/02/un-report-meat-free-diet

Then you are refusing to be real and woke. 

It may not be quirky and wonderful to an observer, I agree, but I'm sure there are those who find stuffing one's face with hot dogs and burgers all year round is not quirky and wonderful either. 

Further comment will be fruitless since your mind's all made up already. 

FYI, I find eating dogs terribly abhorrent too, but thats just my bias kicking in. 

I despise any sort of perceived cruelty to dogs with a vengeance as dogs have a special spot in my heart. 

But I'd be wrong to expect the world to conform to my sympathies. 

In case you're not aware, PETA culls thousands of dogs each year, so they're not exactly the moral authority on animal cruelty. 

I don't care about the supposed moral authority of PETA in this instance. In this case what they are saying is correct. UN agrees as well for different reasons.

There's nothing woke about defending dangerous chinese wet markets. That's just a buzzword anyways and is not an actual political stance. It means whatever a person wants it to mean, it's meaningless.

It's not bias, you're right about dogs. You're wrong about a lot of other things though.

Edited by Immortal4life

9 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

I don't care about the supposed moral authority of PETA in this instance. In this case what they are saying is correct. UN agrees as well for different reasons.

There's nothing woke about defending dangerous chinese wet markets. That's just a buzzword anyways and is not an actual political stance. It means whatever a person wants it to mean, it's meaningless.

It's not bias, you're right about dogs. You're wrong about a lot of other things though.

Whatever.

Been scanning some of your posts on other threads. Dubious at best. 

Could be wrong (though doubtful I am), but this bs meter I have's gone all a buzzin' about your participation here. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Immortal4life said:

that is if it wasn't from the Wuhan lab

It seems it was from the Wuhan lab:

It wouldn't surprise me. It also wouldn't surprise me if China deliberately let it out to have it spread throughout the world to damage other countries economically.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

It wouldn't surprise me. It also wouldn't surprise me if China deliberately let it out to have it spread throughout the world to damage other countries economically.

I you read some scientific literature, posting conspiracy bullshit would not be necessary. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00548-w

Your article just says it's a mystery and hasn't been conclusively solved.

It's either the wet market or the Wuhan lab. And it's not at all unreasonable to speculate that if it is the Wuhan lab that's the exact kind of thing China would do deliberately. 

Edited by Immortal4life

2 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

Your article just says it's a mystery and hasn't been conclusively solved.

It's either the wet market or the Wuhan lab. And it's not at all unreasonable to speculate that if it is the Wuhan lab that's the exact kind of thing China would do deliberately. 

The article did not pander to conspiracy theorists, but was talking about the animal origin. 

33 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

There's no conspiracy theories here, just the 2 major theories of origin, wet market and Wuhan lab. 

If only life was always so clear cut 

there'd be paradise on earth

2 major theories as decreed by an obscure internet guy

got it

• Like 1

You have a third theory?

This is pretty common knowledge there are 2 major theories right now about this, it's not a conspiracy theory or anything like that. 

Edited by Immortal4life

What difference would it make in either, or any, case?

Covid is presently one of those facts of life that pointing fingers and placing blame isn't going to change. 

So how are you guys presently faring in whatever circumstances you currently find yourselves in?

5 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Covid is presently one of those facts of life that pointing fingers and placing blame isn't going to change. 

So how are you guys presently faring in whatever circumstances you currently find yourselves in?

Life is about 10x more difficult.  

Edited by ralis
  • Thanks 1

Purely online dating apps, I live in the entertainment district of a metropolitan area so I had really let my online dating skills go the last couple years and mainly focused on dating women from nightclubs, and daytime like parks, malls, and university campuses.

I want to get out and party, have a few drinks, and socialize so bad argh! The cancellation of 420 parties and crowds is like the worst thing to ever happen. 

I have about 50 or 60 lays from online dating apps but that's over a period of several years

Edited by Immortal4life
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Dont you think its a worthwhile endeavour to weed out the falsehoods instead of buying into propaganda and spreading it like peanut butter? It wont change the facts, but it'll certainly make a difference separating facts from fallacies. Opens up options so that one is not confined to eating peanut butter every single day. That guy above is saying its either peanut butter or bust. I don't like peanut butter. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, C T said:

Dont you think its a worthwhile endeavour to weed out the falsehoods instead of buying into propaganda and spreading it like peanut butter? It wont change the facts, but it'll certainly make a difference separating facts from fallacies. Opens up options so that one is not confined to eating peanut butter every single day. That guy above is saying its either peanut butter or bust. I don't like peanut butter. 

‘The conspiracy that China is using this particular corona virus for biological warfare makes the world a more dangerous place. Trump and his lackeys are alluding to this nonsense. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, C T said:

Dont you think its a worthwhile endeavour to weed out the falsehoods instead of buying into propaganda and spreading it like peanut butter?

These aren't my only two options. 

12 minutes ago, C T said:

It wont change the facts, but it'll certainly make a difference separating facts from fallacies. Opens up options so that one is not confined to eating peanut butter every single day. That guy above is saying its either peanut butter or bust. I don't like peanut butter. 

8 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

These aren't my only two options. 

That wasn't clear in your post. You queried if any of the options would make a difference, implying foregone conclusions. And suggesting the futility of pointing fingers. 

2 minutes ago, C T said:

That wasn't clear in your post. You queried if any of the options would make a difference, implying foregone conclusions. And suggesting the futility of pointing fingers. 

Well, what option is going to change the present reality of life in the time of covid?

Do you believe blame makes it better somehow? Is there benefit in finger pointing in your opinion?

And what is it you're actually arguing? 

Did you misunderstand my intent? 

Would you like me to clarify, or would you prefer to continue your present trajectory?

Sign in to follow this