Mikey_Power_Up

This Gary Clyman Video. Any Thoughts People?

I've done some of his free stuff over the years, but not for very long... 
Any long time students?
Any thoughts on this video.
His personality :):):) 
What a WWE character.
Does he have the mythical magical 'juice' the bums use to talk ad nauseam about?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mikey_Power_Up said:

I want to experience his personality in person. 

Why? He's not a very nice person from what I hear...

Thing is, every now and then, the topic about him comes up. If you're in the chicago area, you'd be far better off meeting Master Waysun Liao. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikey_Power_Up said:

I want to experience his personality in person. 

That kind of seeking plays right into the hands of a cult leader. You have been warned.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

@Mikey_Power_Up

You must be an energy seeker/junkie. Be careful what you wish for!

From my personal experience I have been around several teachers, two authentic Sufi Masters and an authentic Dzogchen Master.

The energetic experience of authentic teachers can and will be overwhelming to the conceptual mind. Many can't handle it! I seriously doubt that Clyman is even close 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilayat_Inayat_Khan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javad_Nurbakhsh

As for the Dzogchen Master Namkhai Norbu, he put me beyond time/space and conceptual analysis. Not for the faint of heart!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ralis said:

That kind of seeking plays right into the hands of a cult leader. You have been warned.

I'm no one's follower. I would probably out a## hole him. I've been around far more toxic ppl than what he displays. But I like the idea of the non-hippie Taoist master. :)  Douchbags can have attainment too?!!

4 hours ago, dwai said:

Why? He's not a very nice person from what I hear...

Thing is, every now and then, the topic about him comes up. If you're in the chicago area, you'd be far better off meeting Master Waysun Liao. 

I always felt like Waysun Liao, no matter how great, would probably slowball your progress. 

7 minutes ago, Mikey_Power_Up said:

I always felt like Waysun Liao, no matter how great, would probably slowball your progress. 

-_-

I heard Waysun Lao just took some basic White crane qigong and mixed it into basic Tai Chi.

In any case he's not good at Tai Chi and his breathing method is a waste of time.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

I heard Waysun Lao just took some basic White crane qigong and mixed it into basic Tai Chi.

In any case he's not good at Tai Chi and his breathing method is a waste of time.

:D Are you that german guy who swore by Clyman for many years?

8 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

I don't know anything about that, I just read the tai chi classics book years ago. He's not good at tai chi.

And you realized that just by reading a book? Aren't you going to tell us who is better? :D 

Edited by dwai

3 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

How about Feng Zhiqiang?

Before he died a few years back he was acknowledged as the best in the world

That's hardly a valid comparison -- how about a living teacher?

Lol he has disciples still alive

But no, there is no comparison between a legitimate Master like Feng and Waysun Lao lol

Ok Chen Yu is still alive

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Immortal4life said:

How about Feng Zhiqiang?

Before he died a few years back he was acknowledged as the best in the world

Glenn Hairston has other opinions about people who claim to be "best in the world". 

Feng didn’t claim it, he was a humble man from what I’ve heard , Chen Fa Ke and Chen Zhoukui did though. Chen Fa Ke is widely regarded as the best Tai Chi practitioner of the 20th century and the last Great master of the Chen family. No one alive today has that level of skill

That video you linked is ok, but Feng would have  broke that guy in half

Edited by Immortal4life

http://www.chinafrominside.com/ma/taiji/FZQinterview.html

1887-1957), seventeenth generation descendant of Chen clan, famous Chen Style Taijiquan master, Chen Changxing's great-grandson. Chen became famous in his hometown for victories in leitai (free fighting) competitions held in the county and for defeating opponents armed with spear and saber while Chen stood barehanded (after he rejected the post offered to him by Han Fuju, local warlord). In 1929, through Chen Zhaopei's recommendation, Chen Fake left Chenjiagou and went to Beiping (today's Beijing) to teach Taijiquan. Very modest, used to say about himself "No Good" and for this reason became known in Beijing as "Chen No Good" (Chen Bu Zhong). Many times challenged by martial arts practitioners (including Bagua and Chinese wrestling experts), defeated them in great style, without hurting anybody. Emphasized Wude (Martial Virtue) in his teachings In his late he created New Frame (Xin Jia) of Chen Style Taijiquan, modifying the Old Frame (Lao Jia) by adding several movements and expressing Silk Reeling Power (Chan Si Jin) in more obvious manner.

FZQ8.jpg

Chen had many students, including Lei Muni, Tian Xiuchen, Feng Zhiqiang, Hong Junsheng, Li Jingwu, Shen Jiazhen, Gu Liuxin. Shen Jiazhen and Gu Liuxin wrote a book called "Chen style Taijiquan", which was published in 1963. The drawings and explanations for the first and second routines of Chen style are based on Chen Fake's and his son, Chen Zhaokui's photos and introduce movements as taught by Chen Fake in his late years. Note: this book is a part of "The Complete Book of Taijiquan" (T029B) which is available through this

In his letter to Wan Wende of Shanghai, Chen Zhaokui wrote: "I have one older gongfu brother, his name is Feng Zhiqiang, he's extremely intelligent, and his skill is the best among all our gongfu brothers".

Edited by Immortal4life

The late David Chan of Xin Yi, the currently retired Doo Wai, and both William Chen and Glenn Hairston come to mind when I think of powerful Taijiquan masters. I should list Eric Randolph too as he’s currently beatable only by Glenn. EDIT: I am no longer associated with Eric Randolph

And sure, okay, you think Feng would’ve broken the guy in half. Totally different experience when you touch hands with him or the people he deals with daily as an officer of the law.

Edited by Earl Grey