Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, zerostao said:

I wonder what it feels like sailing troubled waters staring into the abyss.

In my experience, about the same as crossing the troubled waters full of crocodiles by stepping on their heads.  

You are exactly one hundred posts ahead of me.  

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Well, not anymore, the counter doesn't stop and once I posted something elsewhere, it noticed and added.  

In any event, it wasn't TDB that I referred to as troubled waters with crocodiles.  The two sentences were unrelated.

Edited by Taomeow

Right, I have several posts that consist of a single word (simplify thread) or i just share a song. So, quantity of posts does show that we are active participants on this site and have been for awhile. Your in depth quality posts are on another level. :) I dont even try to match that. Its all enjoyment, discussions on the way along the way.

If we combine our post totals and go another ten years, we still won't catch up to marblehead :lol: anyways an asteroid gonna knock everyone off grid in November i heard. 

Troubled waters are not only in the Mediterranean and south China sea. A flood of troubled waters continues to rise everywhere except where it could  be useful to put out fires. 

I dont want to check worldwide events, current events today. I want to look at blotches of formless images and see a world in peace, harmony, love. I dont want to see the madness of militaries playing games of chicken or protesters and counter protesters meeting in the streets. Natural disasters are a handful of themselves and used to bring us together cooperating, caring, for each others, humbly.

I miss humbly. Yet, I fear that humbled is about to make a worldwide appearance, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not on the first Saturday in May, the Run for the Roses was ran. All out of synch. Tiz the Law entered as the heaviest favorite in 41 years. How fitting that the son of Into Mischief, Authentic, won this historic derby. A very unusual derby, in a very unusual year; its been said, "until the kentucky derby, you ain't been nowheres"-- case in point, NFAC, had announced they were coming to the Stronghold, and gonna burn the mother down, there wouldn't be a derby this year according to grandmaster j. "No justice, no derby"

Protestors of all varieties descended onto lou-a-vul, out on "reconnaissance" the night before the Derby, NFAC stumbled on to something. And they departed quickly, as if they were riding champion stallions. 

The protests were peaceful, the Derby was run, it wasn't a party, but no riot police were needed.

To recap, no fans witnessed the race. Authentic held off Tiz the Law, and shedaresthedevil won the Oaks. 

Right now covid19 is peaking in Kentucky.

On the West coast the skies are orange, smoke fills the air.

https://www.livescience.com/west-coast-wildfires-seen-from-space.html

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 2

In America some businesses will never reopen. 

The second wave of covid19 will be far worse than the first. Think of flu season plus covid19.

Diminished police responses will lead to another wave. A crime wave.

Civil wars are likely on the rise worldwide. Not to mention, regional wars. A lot of positioning has occurred and continues.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90550763/how-far-does-wildfire-smoke-travel-these-maps-will-tell-you  

For much of the year sports were postponed or canceled; right now, sports explosion. NHL Stanley Cup playoffs finals are going on. Major league baseball playoffs begin Tuesday. Strange things going on in baseball during 2020. The season was shortened to 60 games, which is understandable, considering. But 7 inning double headers, starting a runner on second base in extra innings, and DH in National league games has the purists shaking their heads. How strange is baseball in 2020 ? Consider the possibility of an all Chicago World Series. I doubt it happens but cubbies and chisox are both in the playoffs. Only the 10th time since 1903 the Sox make the playoffs. But get this, if both Sox and cubbies make it to the series, all the games will be played in Dallas. I guess its just meant for Chicago baseball fans to suffer. 

NBA finals are set to start this week. Heat vs Lakers. Playing in the bubble became the thing. It works, so baseball gonna go for the bubble too during the p.ayoffs.

NFL underway. College football underway too and even allows fans! 

About 20% of stadium capacity. NFL is thinking about allowing fans. Each team will have their own guidelines.

Somewhere, maybe soccer ball is being played, idk. 

Hopefully covid19 won't wipe us all out by the time college basketball season arrives. We've got a team in Lexington this year, will play in bubble or Dallas, not a problem. For a team that only has one returning player, the hype is hyped. 

before covid I was looking forward to college football, but very little now because of the high risks to the health of the players, fans and anyone else they  come in close contact with starting with their families, friends and fellow students (which would still take place but at a lesser rate going without certain sports)  where covid can find those that will get very  sick or even die!   Precautions are being taken but are they really or nearly enough considering reported spikes and warnings of a 2nd wave?

Edited by old3bob

13 hours ago, old3bob said:

before covid I was looking forward to college football, but very little now because of the high risks to the health of the players, fans and anyone else they  come in close contact with starting with their families, friends and fellow students (which would still take place but at a lesser rate going without certain sports)  where covid can find those that will get very  sick or even die!   Precautions are being taken but are they really or nearly enough considering reported spikes and warnings of a 2nd wave?

Whose your team?

Tokyo Olympics tentatively scheduled sometime during 2021.

A foiled plot to kidnap the governor of Michigan. 

Covid19 cases in usa double up from June rates.

Edited by zerostao

In a third of the country covid19 is at its peak. In no state is it declining. 

NYT article Split Screen suggests a sharply divided nation: trump cannot imagine losing to biden. biden can't imagine losing to trump. Between them is a lack of respect for the other. That attitude sinks down from those two into the masses and we are finding ourselves in a situation where half the country no longer respects the other half and this is playing out from both sides. Nothing good can come from this.

Do Not Lose Respect for Your Fellow Americans. Lose that respect and all is lost. 

Fact is, it is not half rising up against half. At least a third is choosing not to participate in the shenanigans of this so called election and want nothing to do with post election donnie brooks in the streets. 

The calmer heads will prevail third, still, has to realize, cannot help but notice how the two other thirds have been yanked by the chain to fall into lock step with their respective political parties, reduced to mobs of barking puppets. Well, barking is one thing and howling is not barking. The silent third aint barking and hoping they won't have to break into howling. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for doing this, zerostao.  After all is said and done, this may be the only record of 2020 that survives.  Hopefully a future archeologist will be a Daoist and find this thread.   :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Before all is said and done  this thread is reaching out to Daoists to increase chances of surviving 2020. CDC or WHO havnt offered much in the way of that. Not wanting to sound morbid, covid19 infections are spiking.

regarding health issues, from my experience, the only proven effective defense comes from Daoists. 
dealing with the myriad other issues of 2020, again, effective functional counter measures are provided generously by Daoists enabling coping with anything and everything being thrown at us. 

this thread is in the moment, current, active, and working through the challenges. 
is the worse of 2020 behind us or still ahead ?

• Like 1