Why?

th?id=OIP.iQnoEdl2VVkcWyYXW6t2rwHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&w=254&h=170

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

penny for your thoughts

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement

4 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

penny marshal

Penny Marshall 1976.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

and now...

through me

from me

<silence>

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, silent thunder said:

dream as in asleep?

do dream pennies have value?

are we awake now?

Hi Creighton,

My dreams came through/true. So it must be............  AWAKE.

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement
  • Like 1

The arctic is on fire.

After a couple of normal days, 2020 decided to burn austrailia and now for the past couple weeks it's been burning the arctic. Bad year for fires if you live in a large area whose name begins with the letter a.

I wont be planning any trips to Antarctica this year.

Luckily, I live in good ol murica.

• Like 1

Rollercoasters are still open to ride in Japan, however, no screaming is allowed unless you scream in your heart only.

My heart is screaming now.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/10/2020 at 5:07 AM, zerostao said:

Rollercoasters are still open to ride in Japan, however, no screaming is allowed unless you scream in your heart only.

My heart is screaming now.

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement

I watched the video and immediately vomited, @Limahong.  You owe me the cost of dry cleaning a ball gown.,

2 hours ago, manitou said:

I watched the video and immediately vomited, @Limahong.  You owe me the cost of dry cleaning a ball gown.

No, no, no... nothing but the finest for my Fair Lady at the ball.

Take your pick and charge it to my account...

th?id=OIP.WYt16jtbs2o-KeqNEXeIywHaJ4&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300 th?id=OIP.MxZY9rBYSPmvGxYUYPeDrQHaKl&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300 th?id=OIP.o_NltOc9dV6EvUMLnMIeFgHaJ4&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Looking around, ya know, checking vision and horizons.

My vortex binoculars 12x50 allow limited view.

Aaaaahahahi-ah

Up periscope, wah wah wah

Looks at Japan, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Okinawa 

Looks at November 3.

to be where I have been

this world has seldom seen

all will be revealed

oh yeah I've been flying

ain't no denyin'

the words I heard I could not relate

the story was quite clear

oh pilot of the storm who leaves no trace

heed the path that led me to that place

oh father of the four winds

fill my sails, across the sea of years

with no provision but an open face

along the straits of fear

and my eyes fill with sand

as I scan this wasted land

• Like 2

On 7/13/2020 at 9:13 PM, Limahong said:

No, no, no... nothing but the finest for my Fair Lady at the ball.

Take your pick and charge it to my account...

Your account at the gown shop is still valid, although you do still owe $85 for the unfortunate accident with the tux.  You probably shouldn't eat oysters any more.

As luck has it, I do have all three gowns - I happened to be wearing the white one, which is unfortunate as it will be very hard to clean as I had just eaten a spinach salad with no dressing.  Which also explains my waistline...

The bill is $4,300.00, or $4385.00 with the tux incident.  Your card handled it just fine.  Thank you, dear friend.

3 hours ago, manitou said:

Your account at the gown shop is still valid, although you do still owe $85 for the unfortunate accident with the tux.  You probably shouldn't eat oysters any more.

My Fair Lady,

You are the...images_a3ef78d72835e2b9286ab6cb62b18891.gif

3 hours ago, manitou said:

The bill is $4,300.00, or $4385.00 with the tux incident.  Your card handled it just fine.

Great... (I am now taking on a second job as a bartender).

Anytime but...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Down periscope, dammit man,

up photonic mast, Virginia class.

Looks towards Australia. Austrailia nods back.

Not only has AI changed the strategies for f35 & b2,

Its is rewriting the art of war.

Of course the DOI grounded its entire fleet of Chinese made drones back in january, citing cyberspace security concerns.

The weather in the south china sea looks tetchy.

Tetchy. Tense,  militarized,

Limahong, pour me a double of the cheap stuff, you know twenty dollar a bottle Weller will do,,,,

What's that? You say it's now at least two hundred a bottle, anyways, none available?

Check with our good friends in Hanoi, what bourbon would they like, send them a case of RIP Van Winkle. We keep some stashed for times like these. Play the b52s on the juke box, crank it up

Edited by zerostao

Ya'll were on this already about change, loose change, coinage, lack of.

Pennies, nickels, dimes, oh my

Remember, essential workers only these days or was.

I've long contended on this forum that money is not essential; it didnt occur to me that the government or powers that be would agree on that. My thoughts on the matter and theirs are as diametrically opposed as can be.

To dispell all rumors, I do not in fact have all the coins horded up,

Except the mostly silver ones. They weren't circulating anyways.

So, walmart, grocery stores, hardware stores, all kinds of stores are essential, yet, money is not. 

A few of ya'll remember Rowan & Martin's Laugh In,  and Artie Johnson' ( who passed away around this time last year- so we dont have him to say, and I know he would commenting on stores open, no money thing, that's a thing,  "very interesting, but stupid"

The clouds darken as we add another piece to the puzzle that is twenty twenty.

• Like 1

"A pair of jaybirds come up from nowhere, whirled up on the blast like gaudy scraps of cloth or paper and lodged in the mullberries, where they swing in raucous tilt and recover, screaming into the wind that ripped their harsh cries onward and away like scraps of paper or of cloth in turn."

Two voices been crying out from the Kentucky wilderness, Chris Stapleton & Sturgill Simpson long been screaming the message for all to hear across the wasteland that was America. No one cared. No one listened. 

Brace for impact.

So on july 4, when good Americans were placing one inch groups at a hundred yards, grilling out, cracking cold ones, as hounds rested in the shade, 

Some group calling itself NFAC marched on Stone Mountain calling out the 3 %, Klan, rednecks, white people. 

No one took up NFAC's challenge. There were a hundred or so armed black men protesting. Ok, fine. Protest is good, armed protest is fine.

They didnt burn loot or assault. It was a peaceful protest.

NFAC has announced its next formation will be in Louisville. And will have ten times as many armed protesters, again good, fine, ok.

NFAC called Kentucky the stronghold of Dixie, the final stronghold.

Ok, if they say so. They also say they're going "to take Texas"

At least, they have a firm grasp of reality, no? No,no,no,no

Not at the moment, at least, do they have a visionary leader?

This year is like fast forwarding through the play book of psyops.

There is more to it than that.

In 1996, William Strauss and Neil Howe published

The Fourth Turning: An American Prophecy- What the Cycles of History Tell Us

This was a follow up to their 1991 book on Generational theory.

Interesting stuff.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, zerostao said:

NFAC called Kentucky the stronghold of Dixie, the final stronghold.

Ok, if they say so. They also say they're going "to take Texas"

At least, they have a firm grasp of reality, no? No,no,no,no

Not at the moment, at least, do they have a visionary leader?

Does anyone else think those anonymous federal 'soldiers' are sell-swords?

Like Blackwater and that ilk?

The official line is that  they plucked people from all federal agencies - FBI, CIA, all of them.  I don't believe that for a minute.  The likelihood of finding so many federal employees willing to violate the Constitution is virtually nil.  But those uniformed men were not virgins - they walked like military police, but more specifically like those Blackwater guys who were left to keep the peace in Iraq after our troops left.  They were not subject to the same restrictions as our soldiers, and their behavior was more in-your-face, one time slaughtering civilians as their jeep plowed through an intersection with a machine gun.  

Just watching how they move - and their degree of self-confidence to kidnap people off the street.  It just doesn't seem to fit with our training for either cops or military.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, manitou said:

Does anyone else think those anonymous federal 'soldiers' are sell-swords?

Like Blackwater and that ilk?

The official line is that  they plucked people from all federal agencies - FBI, CIA, all of them.  I don't believe that for a minute.  The likelihood of finding so many federal employees willing to violate the Constitution is virtually nil.  But those uniformed men were not virgins - they walked like military police, but more specifically like those Blackwater guys who were left to keep the peace in Iraq after our troops left.  They were not subject to the same restrictions as our soldiers, and their behavior was more in-your-face, one time slaughtering civilians as their jeep plowed through an intersection with a machine gun.  

Just watching how they move - and their degree of self-confidence to kidnap people off the street.  It just doesn't seem to fit with our training for either cops or military.

Blackwater and other contracting outfits plucked from active military units too. I know an entire Marine battalion that resigned to join one of these contractor groups in 2003. I didnt know things like that were allowed, until it happened. 

There are also former military that fill those slots. The marine I know was paid half mil/year tax free for his services. You're correct, these guys do not have to answer to the UCMJ. 

Former military and military is such a broad term. Our dear marblehead for example was a career soldier, twenty years, what that described in Jim's experience, was he sat at a desk, he was a clerk. Even combat soldiers fall into different classifications,

There are special forces guys, highly trained, highly conditioned, and there are Elite forces as well as higher elites. Elite is a big upgrade from special.

CIA not willing to violate constitutional rights?

Edward Snowden seemed shocked to discover the level of abuse. 

Money and power are temptations many mortals struggle with. 

There is a pool of former military that has trouble transitioning into civilian world, for a variety of reasons. Some have incredible conditioning and training; offer them a paycheck that makes your head swim, and, didnt four former green berets try to topple Venezuela last year ? You get the picture, add some deca, dbol, anavar, etc to these guys regimen,,,,,

All is fair in war they say, at a combat site, which is almost always someone's neighborhood, its insane-- the corporate goons that smashed and trampled women and children at Standing Rock are to me the worse, but it's all worse. 

Tell me the folks at Standing Rock didnt have their constitutional rights abused, they even took those folks drinking water from them. A court decided last month the Corporation violated the law and to shut down the pipeline. After about 5 minutes of celebration from the people who live there- Energy Transfer Partners, based in Dallas told the judge to suck it. They weren't shutting down nothing and how dare the judge overstep his bounds.

Dogs of war eat. War is coming soon, what war, what type of war is the question, even if it's already underway.

Edit> forgot to mention that yeah Mercs may be sweating at lack of job opportunities as robots, automatons, transformers, drones, etc are ready to show what they can do

And I may have to move the thread to the rabbit hole as it's taking a turn in a direction,,,

The Fourth Turn from the mid 90s predicted our current situation down to specific details

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

CBP, DHS, US Marshalls working with Portland police is what's being reported, apprehended, detained, questioned, released. Kidnapping?

It likely a test the water thing in one regard, Portland. Obviously, I'm not on scene there, so its conjecture. I haven't seen Seattle either.

Is it any surprise ? Not everyone is going to sit on the couch while cities are burnt, businesses destroyed, people are attacked, etc

It is preferable to having militias clashing in the streets. If feds dont step in, militias will.

THREAD WILL BE MOVED TO RABBIT HOLE

Edit> I watched several videos covering the past few days in Portland, I didnt see any indication that the camouflaged federal officers working side by side with local police were anything other than common level, nothing suggests special forces level. 

They are benefitting from enhanced surveillance, drones, eyes in the sky etc and dont restrict themselves in a traditional riot formation with riot gear, they were free to move rather than stay in riot formation, hunkered down being stationary targets for rocks, bottles, whatever

What's interesting to me is that the mayor, both senators, and the governor have expressed officially they dont want the federal security officers help.

Edited by zerostao

Posted (edited)

The governor, both senators, mayor, moms & now dads in Portland standing strong against federal troops. The national gaurd usually is called upon...

Australian warships join Japanese & American naval exercises in pacific waters around the Philippines less than 24 hours after China ordered that no more military exercises in the area be conducted.

Along the way those Aussie ships sailed past Chinese controlled contested islands or reefs, and they sailed by close.

So much to consider with the above topics,

The ongoing covid-19 situation continues to strain the, er , everything.

If anyone could post some bright spots that's occurred during 2020, that'd be most welcome.

China at this moment has territorial conflicts with 21 nations.

As soon as the sticks and rocks melee at the Galwan river went down, China let Russia know some of its land is to become Chinese.

Edited by zerostao

26 minutes ago, zerostao said:

If anyone could post some bright spots that's occurred during 2020, that'd be most welcome.

It has provided a great many ways to help others out.

Both Inside or outside, when in company of others I wear a mask with a prominent smile.

I'm becoming a better listener, acknowledging the fear pain and sadness we all face... and just listening.

More often than not, its all I can do.

It helps.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, natural said:

It has provided a great many ways to help others out.

Both Inside or outside, when in company of others I wear a mask with a prominent smile.

I'm becoming a better listener, acknowledging the fear pain and sadness we all face... and just listening.

More often than not, its all I can do.

It helps.

Thanks for your reply and for your efforts.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Omg, they're playing baseball. Brave ballplayers testing the limits.

PLAY BALL!!

Edited by zerostao