Posted (edited)

Howdy ya'll bums. How is the year 2020 treating you?  Is it symbolism at work that in the year of the rat we have a worldwide pandemic underway? It's not the rat's fault.
I'm certain that many of you are catching on to what is underway; the world as we humans experience it, is undergoing great changes. Things are never going back to the way things were. Pre 2020 civilization has become ancient history.
Krakatoa rumbles as US fighter jets intercept Russian war planes flying into our airspace, as Taiwan fighter jets Intercept Chinese warplanes, as US Navy destroyers pass through the straits of Taiwan in view of the Chinese navy which is conducting exercises a few waves out.
Of course the thoughtful Russians are merely checking on our well being as the Chinese are checking on Taiwan as good neighbors do in times like these, offering chicken noodle soup and other remedies and comforts.
Yet, those activities happen all the time and will be looked upon with nostalgia, looking back at pre 2020 life.

How many have lost their jobs?

Well, I thinks economies will rethink things and bring industries back closer to local. It won't be the locals returning to work in many cases; industries will expedite restructuring in automation. Robots don't catch illness like humans are prone to do.

We should all Pat ourselves on the back the way we entered into lockdown to ward off the pestilence at hand. Social distancing is here to stay in our post 2020 world. Brick and mortar businesses are going to become ruins. Delivery of goods to our doors , ordered online, is how it gets done now. Thank goodness 5G is at the ready!

The tape markers on dollar store floors, the glass barriers at checkout. They will be refined and upgraded, they won't be going away.

Virtual reality is coming into its own now, rest easy, you can hardwire yourself into the matrix.

Right now you don't need a red pill or a blue pill to know what's afoot. A couple years from now pre 2020 civilization will seem some mythical distant dream. A fairytale.

I won't keep adding on, I leave you bums space here for that. I told myself after my 2016 thread was locked after creating no small ruckus here, and the myriad following threads that altered the site for many~that I'd leave that sorta stuff alone.

Hey hey here we are. Tricksters operate along the boundary lines ya know. As I type this a coyote just picked up a cigarette butt off the pavement here, not sure how he lit it, but there he goes trotting along puffing on a stogie.

I implore the powers that be on this forum to allow this thread to continue, that othes may rebut or add to its message.

This is in fact a very Spiritual time. One that demands attention, reflection, and some platonic affection for your neighbors and fellow bums.

I am merely a harbinger of the portent.

Or not!

Share your thoughts about our current situation at hand; where do we go from here?!

Edited by zerostao
spell checker
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

कबीर पगरा दूर है, आये पहुचै सांझ
जन जन को मन राखती, वेश्या रहि गयी बांझ।

कबीर कहते है की मुक्ति बहुत दूर है और जीवन की संध्या आ चुकी है।
वह प्रत्येक आदमी का मन पूरा कर देती है पर वेश्या स्वयं बांझ ही रह जाती है।

Kabir pagra door hai,aaye pahunchi sanjh
Jan jan ko man rakhti vesya rahi gayee banjh.

Kabir says liberation is very far,the evening has come
She fulfills the desire of everyone but like a prostitute remains sterile.

काल जीव को ग्रासै, बहुत कहयो समुझाये
कहै कबीर मैं क्या करुॅ, कोयी नहीं पतियाये।

मृत्यु जीव को ग्रस लेता है-खा जाता है। यह बात मैंने बहुत समझाकर कही है।
कबीर कहते है की अब मैं क्या करु-कोई भी मेरी बात पर विश्वास नहीं करता है।

Kal jeev ko grasai, bahut kahyo samujhaye
Kahain Kabir main kya karun,koyee nahi patiyaye.

Death devours the living, have told this many a times
Kabir says what can I do if no body believes me.

कबीर जीवन कुछ नहीं, खिन खारा खिन मीठ
कलहि अलहजा मारिया, आज मसाना ठीठ।

कबीर कहते है की यह जीवन कुछ नहीं है।
इस क्षण मे खारा और तुरत जीवन मीठा हो जाता है।
जो योद्धा वीर कल मार रहा था आज वह स्वयं श्मसान में मरा पड़ा है।

Kabir jeevan kuchh nahi, khin khara khin meeth
Kalhi alhaja mariya,aaj masana theeth

Kabir says this life is nothing. One moment it is salty and in another sweet
The brave warrior who was slaying yesterday is today dead in burning ground.

Find more such profound Dohas by the Great Bhakti Saint Kabir Das here — https://karmabhumi.org/kabir-death/

Dear friends,

A genuine question for those who bother to read this. At this point it should be clear to all that the single-minded pursuit of “success” is not all that its made out to be. 

Over the past few weeks and probably in the near future, life as many know it has come to a standstill.  Yet, how much has really changed? 

For those of us who’ve been blessed to transcend the fight for survival through our circumstances (whether you attribute that to karma or G_d or just chance), does the loss of personal freedom (to go wherever and do whatever we please) really impact life in a major way? 

We learn about how Mother Earth is repairing herself while we, her most ‘advanced children’ are in the timeout corner. About how, with our overbearing and overwhelming presence in every aspect of existence receding, other life forms finds ways to express itself without fear of being struck down (just because or just because they got in our way). 

We come with practically nothing into this world, and leave with literally nothing, not even the body. Why then do we chase after mirages like wealth, possessions, sense gratification and immortality projects? 

This is probably too clichéd, but isn’t it true?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Great points dwai! 

Wealth will be changed, at least the monetary measure of it. Cash carries germs like fleas on rats. Cash must be taken out of society too. I never had much of it anyhow.

I've posted long ago true wealth is happiness and health, friendships, puppy dogs, kittens, and colts, type of stuff.

Song birds singing their hearts out in springtime aerial courtships!

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1

I am hoping one of the things that stays with us is an awareness of 'social distancing ' .  I have never got why people need to 'talk in your face ' .

A slight aside into CV . I was watching a news report and some genius was explaining how now they think 'the virus' might be able to be spread by people talking and  you might need to stand further back so expelled particles in breath moisture droplets dont hit you in the face  ( apparently  the virus is strongly effected by gravity .... the expulsion trajectory is overcome by gravity  after  2 metres ..... apparently  -  irregardless that friggin spider can sail 200km in a light wind !  AND at the same time we are being told this, in the background a person is breathing out mist (as it was very cold ) and you could actually see their breath going out several metres from their body , and dispersing .... not falling to the ground , and breath is 'moisture droplets ' .

I have noticed a habit  with the indigenous and going back way before this , of talking but not needing to look at the  other as you do it ; maybe you are sitting near each other looking at something else and talking . 

I have been taking precautions for several years now  and I have not been sick once  ;   I live in dirt and muck and mud a lot of the time, work with animals, and their manure ,   -  never got sick from that . Its people ....  people packed in together , it aint natural and its a breeding ground . 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Weeks ago... I was out walking in our cul du sac and saw Richard.  He said "hey Creighton!"  from like 50 meters across the street.

To which I replied with mock horror... "Jesus man, I'm downwind of you mate... why not just spit in my mouth and be done with it!"

We laughed... but I noticed he paused a bit as if suddenly calculating how far his breath could actually travel in that breeze...

Now imagine the force of a sneeze and a stiff breeze behind it...  my mind's eye was calculating trajectories on our last walk before entering quarantine.  Sometimes imagination in too much detail can be paralyzing...  Something I've been working on with myself is to decrease the intensity of detailing I allow myself to go into when in imagination land. 

Richard is an interesting cat.   Single dad, he left an abusive Fundamentalist Christian woman and fought for custody of their son (lost), or rather tied... they share custody.  She's in Florida, he's here.  He teaches Digital Media/Art in High School, in the one of the meanest hoods of South Central.

Has a son a couple years younger than ours.  Our sons used to hang out a lot, so at one point Richard and I were playing chess regularly and comparing favorite micro brews.  He's great at Chess, I'm predictable and rather weak.  But we struck up a loose friendship.  He only ever entered our home twice and each time, he was rather uneasy.  When I broached it in an effort to put him at ease his response was a unique one.  Very candid too. 

Turns out he's a severe hypochondriac, but in reverse... he revealed to me that he has this unshakable sense about himself that he's a perpetual carrier of illnesses and is always worried about passing it on to others, so he often feels uncomfortable sharing spaces the size of even a normal living room with people, or hanging out due to this.  He's aware it's probably illusory, but he just can't shake it.

So instead of playing inside, we bring the board to the pool area and play there... or we did, before we all began perpetually hiding.

edit to add:

I've always been a hugger, but I don't tolerate or accomodate close talkers.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 6

This morning the following thought came into my mind "we may be living our last momments on planet earth, we should be kinder to each other". 

Is this thought unrealistic? Don't think so.

By the way, I work in healthcare and been witnessing too many deaths in the last few days.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

One's  '  personal space '  ;  some cultures have little concept of that .

While others .....

angry-woman-with-gun-aggressive-stock-picture-1193083.jpg

Spoiler

That's Mrs Nungers  when I get back from the pub too early ;

" Yer home too early ... git back down the pub and don't come back until ya ready to pass out ! " 

The one's that 'share close space' we often find are  extended family groups , thats the way primates (including us ) function best  ... we are not a 'herd animal '. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, oak said:

This morning the following thought came into my mind "we may be living our last momments on planet earth, we should be kinder to each other". 

Is this thought unrealistic? Don't think so.

By the way, I work in healthcare and been witnessing too many deaths in the last few days.

"Random acts of kindness"  there's a phrase for you. Somewhere perhaps there exists the place where kindness is the norm. 

Trending now at a location near you nascent kindness, that's the headline I'd enjoy reading.

There is a song title, Stranger than Kindness. 

Some of you may be wondering, is this really zerostao posting, where are the trademark songs he always includes~ 

I am not too techy tekkie , and don't know how to add from this phone. Another thing, is it possible to get a phone without a spell checker, half of my time is consumed by charging this phone and correcting the phones spell checker.  Which thinks I'm missing spelling words accidentally.

If I could add a song it would be Glenn Campbell's Try a Little Kindness.

Oak, keep shining your light, the world needs it, now more than ever.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nungali said:

One's  '  personal space '  ;  some cultures have little concept of that .

While others .....

angry-woman-with-gun-aggressive-stock-picture-1193083.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

That's Mrs Nungers  when I get back from the pub too early ;

" Yer home too early ... git back down the pub and don't come back until ya ready to pass out ! " 

The one's that 'share close space' we often find are  extended family groups , thats the way primates (including us ) function best  ... we are not a 'herd animal '. 

Spell checker!! Typed bungalow when I typed nungali. I hate that. Lol

Nungali don't leave us! We need to hear your wisdom. You're about as authentic a poster here as we have. We need you man.

Back to social distancing, I think it will carry over. Even handshakes will be looked at with suspicion as we go into post 2020 world. Post modernism will be looked at as a warm and fuzzy time. Think about that one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zerostao said:

If I could add a song it would be Glenn Campbell's Try a Little Kindness.

:) Be safe.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

ha! 'Try a Little Kindness'...  so many warm memories came flooding back seeing this song mentioned. First heard it back in 1979 as a cocky 19 year old who signed up for a residential 4-day 4-night 70 hour intensive, a seminar plugged as cutting edge personal leadership program thats meant to rewire the way we relate to ourselves and others. It was run by 2 very charismatic trainers, both Malaysians, who had just returned to Malaysia after spending a number of years in the US honing their training skills by being proteges to some of the top names on the motivational public speaking circuit in the US at that time. The course content were adapted from teachings given by the likes of OG Mandino, Zig Ziglar, Napoleon Hill, Joe Girard, Norman Vincent Peale, and other prominent trainers of that era. Anyway, throughout the 4 days, a number of motivational and inspiring songs were played to support various sessions and topics being presented.

On the third evening, after assessing each participant individually in the first 2 days, everyone in the class were 'given' their own unique song that contains a message relevant to their individual proclivities. And so happened the one assigned to me was 'Try a little kindness'. Its been a while since I last pulled it up on youtube. Anyway, not long after that seminar, these 2 guys took me under their wing and mentored for a couple of years until I qualified as a trainer with the company. That was indeed a life-changing phase for me. 

There was another 2 songs by Glen Campbell that was used during the seminar, both equally meaningful, and I'd like to put them up here for anyone interested to have a listen. They're especially meaningful given this unpredictable time we're in.  

@zerostao thank you for still being here, sharing your earthy wisdom. We may not always agree on some fundamental povs, and have had a wee bit of unpleasantness pass between us before. How time flew. I'm not one to bear grudges... so for me, its water under the bridge. I love you, bro, and I pray that you stay safe and healthy always. Take good care of yourself, and thanks again for the warmth of this thread, and for your presence. x

Edited by C T
  • Like 5

@C T
  Ah man you've been a guiding light on this forum since my arrival. I've always looked up to you. Glen Campbell is timeless. I can't take credit, oak and ilumairen did the main part of the effort. I just provided a little space for it to happen.

Thank you for contributing your presence on this thread. And for the two Campbell songs. What a fabulous artist!

No worries, I am safe and healthy. I trust and pray you and yours are too.

Past,. Don't let this out but the whole purpose of that one thread or two lol, was to invoke unpleasantness. And share the collective frustration. Push buttons. I am a bit of a redneck, it is true. But ya can count on me in the clutch and when things begin to look dark.

Love you too man. Stay strong

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, zerostao said:

This is in fact a very Spiritual time. One that demands attention, reflection, and some platonic affection for your neighbors and fellow bums.

Thank you for your words and songs @zerostao

For your inspiring baguazhang training and most of all for always showing us the yin and yang of your human nature. Yep friend, you are genuine and I respect you for that.

• Like 4

Twenty twenty continues; the year and our collective vision of it.

I came across a Glenn Campbell song this morning I'd never heard before. Kentucky means paradise. Actually it's a Merle's Travis 1947 tune that Glenn apparently often played. And with lyrics like " you take a chicken and you kill it, then you put it in a skillet"

It all makes sense, kinda. 

Kinda like this year makes sense, kinda, kinda not.

Some things are here to stay. Like skillets of chicken in Kentucky.

Covid 19 ain't going nowhere. Stimulus checks will keep rolling in. Social distancing is here to stay. Guns in America ain't going away. In fact, the courts across the land are doubling down and expanding gun rights.

Some things are going away. Some have already gone. Historical monuments representing anything Confederate took the fall during the recent riots. They won't be returning. A Confederate flag wont be waving at a NASCAR race. This is change.

Jobs, millions lost. They ain't returning either. Cops, the TV show has been cancelled. I never liked it and couldn't understand why inmates in jails watched it. Life imitates art, municipalities are defunding and disbanding police forces.

2020, the year, seemed normal for a couple of days. Then Austrailia burnt, some volcano erupted, US warplanes share Taiwan airspace with Chinese warplanes, and the beat down goes on.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2020 at 4:53 AM, zerostao said:

Howdy ya'll bums. How is the year 2020 treating you?

On 4/12/2020 at 4:53 AM, zerostao said:

Share your thoughts about our current situation at hand; where do we go from here?!

Hi zerotao,

Let us champion and protect our current situation with good 20/20 foresight vision ~ not with hindsight.

20-20-foresight-table-1.png

Hindsight will not help us to make 2020 better...

giphy.gif

Captain Hindsight ~ go and fly kite... hope you will burst your string...

twenty twenty vision ~ FORESIGHT or hindsight?

- Anand

• Like 2

On 4/12/2020 at 5:29 AM, Nungali said:

I live in dirt and muck and mud a lot of the time, work with animals, and their manure...

On 4/12/2020 at 5:03 AM, zerostao said:

Song birds singing their hearts out in springtime aerial courtships!

th?id=OIP.OgYAoEh6JCQXwvaZmr1GywHaE7&pid=Api&P=0&w=249&h=166  th?id=OIP.f2VDNg13qEOviqU2pqCUwgHaJc&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300  th?id=OIP.KYVx7FUjysugb3upX6kQLwHaGd&pid=Api&P=0&w=190&h=167

On 4/12/2020 at 11:55 PM, zerostao said:

There is a song title, Stranger than Kindness. 

Some of you may be wondering, is this really zerostao posting, where are the trademark songs he always includes...

I have been bitten by a zerotao bug...

Hi Stranger ~ don't be lonely... you are not alone.

• Like 1

Right, we will choose foresight. You go first.

I'm glad you brought up that I have similar posting style as you, more in the past than now. 

I like multi media mixture, visual aids, audio to go with it and text message, like 3d or something haha.

One thing that was suggested to me, was to use spoilers. 

Spoiler

These are great. You can post video in one

Song in another,

Even text or links

This way, it's sleeker. And the reader can open the spoilers and discover what's inside and how it relates to the message.

It is an efficient use of space. And it wont come across as spammy.

I will pass along the suggestion I was given a few years back to you now.

One week left in the first half of calendar year 2020.

I dont think we're getting a halftime break though.

Continue to work through the challenges, dangers, opportunities.

Stay safe and healthy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zerostao said:

Right, we will choose foresight. You go first.

Hi zerotao,

Thank you for the first go.

th?id=OIP.WV-_YJCHqa0XgR06ER90-wHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=288&h=162  What does it entail?

COVIG-19 and the new normal... and relevance of experiential knowledge...

new-Experience-is-dangerous-when-the-present-and-future-dont-look-like-the-past.gif

- Anand

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, zerostao said:

One thing that was suggested to me, was to use spoilers.

They interrupt flows...

CryosatFilchner-Ronne.gif

I would rather not post anything.

Which is more taxing ~ a picture or a lengthy/wordy post?

th?id=OIP.wtJr5sUxbgtQ18LsgW1cqgHaGy&pid=Api&P=0&w=168&h=155

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement

Ah, you dont have to explain it to me, I get it.

On a few levels. 

On your question: the tao of the future; what does it entail?

I would think that's obvious. It entails change. 

and the need to think outside the box

( although placing video, visual aids, songs, text etc in a spoiler box only cause mild turbulence in the flow )

so now, back to you. 

5 minutes ago, zerostao said:

the need to think outside the box

Hi zerostao,

I am now...

Animated-gif-brain-in-a-box-picture-moving.gif

How about you?

- Anand

The thing that keeps coming to mind for me, is that the action of the Dao is reversion.  What does this mean for our current times?  How would the Dao 'revert', or return to itself?  And it just occurred to me, at this moment, that returning to ourselves is the very action of enlightenment - the template seems to run true, both for individuals and the collective.

Does it want a world without boundaries, with total freedom everywhere?  Maybe with no religion?  Does it just impel us to find the oneness with each other?  To realize that humans, animals, inanimate objects are all One Organism intended to be in awareness of that.

Imagine....  Maybe someone will write a song.

Sometimes I think that what It wants to do is merely enjoy the creation.  Just enjoyment.  It has created this beautiful creation, but had no way to experience it except through the sensory organs of creation.  When I am taking a walk and this thought occurs to me, it enhances everything.  I am the host for It's enjoyment of what It has made.  But then again, so is a worm.  The Intelligence is everywhere and utilizes everything.

That's my take, anyway.  Subject to change tomorrow.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zerostao said:

It entails change.

I think it is more than change.

When a paradigm shifts ~ everything returns to zero?

zerostao?

• Like 1